Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:23:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821055 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 04:52:52 PM

10% extra Bonus for all miners on https://etc.suprnova.cc in a bit more than an hour Smiley
Bonus is now ACTIVE for the next 12h !
You are a Star ocminer

I don't know why people mine anywhere else, OC is one of the only truly honest dudes I have met in crypto and he knows his stuff. Pools are solid as hell. Set a little percentage for donation for suprnova, if anyone deserves it it's OC.

Yes...  set a little percentage for donation for suprnova, if anyone deserves it it's OC, he has worked hard to keep this coin alive.  The only reason people mine elsewhere is the issue of Centralisation.  If everyone other than Chandler Guo mined at suprnova we would be vulnerable.   I can also recomend nanopool

I mine my Grosetlcoin at supronova.  Good service  thanks OC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 04:54:23 PM

Prices go up, prices go down.  It's still early days.  I just don't get the excitement, gutters, fight-or-flight, or what ever you call it like i used to.  Just had to grab a few at 3.8mbtc though. Bitcoin takes for ages.  Anyhow....

One thing i have not heard people talking about is DAG size.  If we go to a Hybrid PoW/PoS and defuse the difficulty bomb at the same time, are we going to do something with the DAG?   You can mine Expanse (Ethash) with a 1GB GPU as far as i understand.  You need a minimum of 2GB GPU to mine Eth and Etc.  But the DAG file is growing up over 1.5GB.  Later this year 2GB GPUs will be no good on the current chain.  Do we just lose those smaller cards?

I imagine the 2gb cards will just have to be sold or re-purposed on other algo's.  It is my understanding that due to the memory intensive dag and algo it makes it harder for the ASIC's to come in and run the show. 

There were some comments made eariler about making the coin a CPU only coin.  That does have some merits and would make it harder for the ASIC's to come in and wreck things. 

If we stay POW this will be a factor because it now would pay for the ASIC development if they know that this is going to be a long term thing.  So I think we have to keep the ASIC threat in the back of our minds as we are planning the next steps.

Cpu algo is a bad idea man, botnets run the show. Been there seen it happen, it's not good lol. I still think we should keep things simple, keep Dagger, no PoS, keep the miners on our side then down the road after a lot of planning discussion and weighing options work on the more complicated things. Right now like suchmoon suggested we need to clean up some loose ends and start adding some features that make etc have a purpose other than just the one that didn't try and manipulate the blockchain. Just my opinion.
Madmach

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 04:55:03 PM

Wow, great news. More cheap ETC for my Rigs. Cheesy
Yesterday i sold for 490k sat. Wink
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 05:03:42 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2016, 05:14:36 PM by Hueristic

Looks like the white hat hackers have recovered millions of ETC...Run for your lives....

Back to 100,000 sats Smiley

did they move them ? to the rightful owners ?

did the goodies announce what the plan is ? will they keep them or give them back ?
copied that from welcome to the beginning thread :
DAOinvestorwantsETC

PETITION CALLING FOR MEMBERS OF THE ETHEREUM FOUNDATION/TEAM AND OTHERS (WHITE HACKERS) TO RETURN ETC TO DAO HOLDERS ADDRESSES.

SEE POST BELOW & SIGN THE PETITION.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1576396.msg15827434#msg15827434

https://www.change.org/p/ethereum-foundation-members-of-ethereum-team-white-hats-to-return-etc-to-dao-holders

If you support ETC then they are the rightful owners. Do you see the logic paradox you are within?

Get Liquid! ‏@Get_Liquid 2h2 hours ago

@Sinzfeldt Yeah it's fun dumping coins on people who have principles, blockchains are about making $$ fiat profits at all costs.

Scumbags like this is why this scene is quickly destroying itself.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
greenuser

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 05:23:41 PM

I did not invest in the Dao.  I taught that a crypto derivative with such a vast amount of money behind it this soon was asking for trouble.  It has almost destroyed the whole ethereum idea.  I stayed well clear then, and i also feel that way now.  However, people have to decide for themselves.  We were warned when we got involved that this was experimental.  If you go to github and download the new wallet you get a warning and have to click that you agree. 

White hat, Black hat, Green hats, its all the same to me, if you can work out how to do it, or prevent it you get rewarded.   
We are going to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery because whilst others might free the body, none but ourselves can free the mind. Mind is your only ruler, sovereign. The man who is not able to develop and use his mind is bound to be the slave of the other man who uses his mind….” Marcus Garvey, Nova Scotia, October 1937.

people have to decide for themselves.  If you feel strongly, sign the link.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 05:29:26 PM

I did not invest in the Dao.  I taught that a crypto derivative with such a vast amount of money behind it this soon was asking for trouble.  It has almost destroyed the whole ethereum idea.  I stayed well clear then, and i also feel that way now.  However, people have to decide for themselves.  We were warned when we got involved that this was experimental.  If you go to github and download the new wallet you get a warning and have to click that you agree. 

White hat, Black hat, Green hats, its all the same to me, if you can work out how to do it, or prevent it you get rewarded.   
We are going to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery because whilst others might free the body, none but ourselves can free the mind. Mind is your only ruler, sovereign. The man who is not able to develop and use his mind is bound to be the slave of the other man who uses his mind….” Marcus Garvey, Nova Scotia, October 1937.

people have to decide for themselves.  If you feel strongly, sign the link.

That petition is a Conundrum for many. IMO all DAO should be destroyed it it a failed experiment that those that invested should lose. Not to mention the fact that if that were to happen it would actually help ETH and ETC alike.

In reality there is nothing but Grey hats, all others are deluding themselves.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
greenuser

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 05:37:16 PM

The petition requires that i give my Name, Address, Postcode, email,
Would you like my D.O.B. bank Acc number, credit card details, pin numbers and passwords too?

greenuser

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 05:45:34 PM

That petition is a Conundrum for many. IMO all DAO should be destroyed it it a failed experiment that those that invested should lose. Not to mention the fact that if that were to happen it would actually help ETH and ETC alike.

In reality there is nothing but Grey hats, all others are deluding themselves.

I agree, it has to hurt people, if it does not hurt they will try do it all again.  Just like the 2008-9 financial collapse and then the "bail out" of the banks.  The Banks are still at it.  I'm gonna do an Iceland!

lestherat
Legendary

Activity: 986
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 05:49:27 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-seaman/in-bitcoins-barry-silbert_b_11353372.html

From the link

David Seaman YouTuber, researcher, and cryptocurrency enthusiast

As readers may already know, I used my space here to draw attention to Barry Silbert’s Ethereum Classic scam. You can read that coverage here and here.

A source assures me Classic meets the loose definition of a scam: it is in no way Ethereum. It is just an insecure orphan chain which is being promoted by a wealthy guy in New York, relentlessly, in a way that would be absolutely illegal if “Ethereum” were a publicly traded company or commodity - which it may well be one day soon, in some form.

Ethereum inventor Vitalik Buterin has publicly pledged “100%” of his support to ETH, the main blockchain for the Ethereum community.

Especially in light of Mr. Silbert’s prior cryptocurrency run-in with the S.E.C., my source suggests a second look from authorities might result in more than a slap on the wrist this time, especially since CoinDesk - a leading cryptocurrency media outlet wholly acquired by Mr. Silbert’s Digital Currency Group recently - has shifted to a “discernible” and “biased” promotional strategy for Classic since the acquisition.

“Kathryn [Haun] owes you a drink,” the source joked, referring to assistant U.S. attorney Kathryn Haun, who heads up the digital currency crimes office for the United States Dept. of Justice in San Francisco.

Nearly a week after our first stories about Mr. Silbert broke, he finally responded to my multiple public inquiries asking for an explanation. “Yeah, I care what you think,” Mr. Silbert tweeted to my personal Twitter account.

It’s not what I think that remotely matters, Mr. Silbert. It’s the Ethereum investors, the Ethereum developers, the American and international corporations developing on Ethereum, and the law enforcement community - they are the ones who want answers, not me.

I couldn’t care less.

Disclosure: At time of publication, I hold some bitcoin, ether, US dollars, and gold in my long term portfolio. As I held ether at the time of the fork, I also have a “Classic” position by default but have not sold any - Classic is a scam and I am uninterested in profiting from the sale of duplicate tokens.
Follow David Seaman on Twitter: www.twitter.com/d_seaman
greenuser

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 06:00:34 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2016, 06:15:39 PM by greenuser

I take it you are not a Classic fan lestherat?

I take the Chris Ellis view that "if Ethereum Classic is a scam, then Ethereum is a scam because Classic is the real Ethereum".  
You can't have it both ways guys!  Ref https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1XiAwSpXbI

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 06:03:27 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-seaman/in-bitcoins-barry-silbert_b_11353372.html

From the link

As readers may already know, I used my space here to draw attention to Barry Silbert’s Ethereum Classic scam. You can read that coverage here and here.

A source assures me Classic meets the loose definition of a scam: it is in no way Ethereum. It is just an insecure orphan chain which is being promoted by a wealthy guy in New York, relentlessly, in a way that would be absolutely illegal if “Ethereum” were a publicly traded company or commodity - which it may well be one day soon, in some form.

Ethereum inventor Vitalik Buterin has publicly pledged “100%” of his support to ETH, the main blockchain for the Ethereum community.

Especially in light of Mr. Silbert’s prior cryptocurrency run-in with the S.E.C., my source suggests a second look from authorities might result in more than a slap on the wrist this time, especially since CoinDesk - a leading cryptocurrency media outlet wholly acquired by Mr. Silbert’s Digital Currency Group recently - has shifted to a “discernible” and “biased” promotional strategy for Classic since the acquisition.

“Kathryn [Haun] owes you a drink,” the source joked, referring to assistant U.S. attorney Kathryn Haun, who heads up the digital currency crimes office for the United States Dept. of Justice in San Francisco.

Nearly a week after our first stories about Mr. Silbert broke, he finally responded to my multiple public inquiries asking for an explanation. “Yeah, I care what you think,” Mr. Silbert tweeted to my personal Twitter account.

It’s not what I think that remotely matters, Mr. Silbert. It’s the Ethereum investors, the Ethereum developers, the American and international corporations developing on Ethereum, and the law enforcement community - they are the ones who want answers, not me.

I couldn’t care less.

Disclosure: At time of publication, I hold some bitcoin, ether, US dollars, and gold in my long term portfolio. As I held ether at the time of the fork, I also have a “Classic” position by default but have not sold any - Classic is a scam and I am uninterested in profiting from the sale of duplicate tokens.
Follow David Seaman on Twitter: www.twitter.com/d_seaman

Oh yeah dude you got it all figured out, we're over here trying to keep integrity going while eth promised their world supercomputer can't be tampered with or controlled by anyone, then did just the opposite because the development team had too much to lose. Then there's the fact that because of etc inception the same dev team got a ton of free etc that is worth a decent amount of money, did they cough any up to bailout the exchanges and others who lost because of their errors? Nope kept it for themselves. So yeah your totally right, we are the scammers that try to control the blockchain and can't contribute free money to people who lost alot due to our incompetence. And don't forget to mention our public call to 51% attack their chain, might as well get it all in there if your gonna manufacture obviously self serving bullshit.
greenuser

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 06:09:21 PM

huffington post  Cheesy  Is it in the Daily Mail too?   Grin  talk about bias media with no empirical verifiability  Cheesy

oh how we laugh...  i think i need 2p

Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 06:15:06 PM

huffington post  Cheesy  Is it in the Daily Mail too?   Grin  talk about bias media with no empirical verifiability  Cheesy

That's a syndicated blog. Anyone can write there. You can write a positive article about ETC. No one will stop you.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

greenuser

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 06:23:32 PM

That's a syndicated blog. Anyone can write there. You can write a positive article about ETC. No one will stop you.

I see, its a "trolls lives matter" spread,  Cheesy

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 06:27:01 PM

From the link

A source assures me Classic meets the loose definition of a scam: it is in no way Ethereum. ...blah blah blah...

A source tells me that ETH is a Classic Pre-mine scam. whats your point? I know my sources are far more credible than yours. As more ETH premine gets dumped ETC becomes inversely less of a scam. Now that is logic you cannot dispute.

FUCK, forgot to unwatch all these ETH and ETC threads. So many they keep popping up in my list. Smiley

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 06:36:01 PM

From the link

A source assures me Classic meets the loose definition of a scam: it is in no way Ethereum. ...blah blah blah...

A source tells me that ETH is a Classic Pre-mine scam. whats your point? I know my sources are far more credible than yours. As more ETH premine gets dumped ETC becomes inversely less of a scam. Now that is logic you cannot dispute.

FUCK, forgot to unwatch all these ETH and ETC threads. So many they keep popping up in my list. Smiley

I just want to know why the eth devs/foundation/supporters don't bailout all of these losses they created with the free etc we gave them? Why isn't anyone writing fud articles about that, I mean it's free money and alot of it. This right here should be the ultimate reason presented to the community about eth, their self serving foundation and all out greed.  Now that is a scam, free money and you keep it while declaring to be the moral ones being attacked by etc? Really? This is amusing at this point, eth...just another crypto scam after all.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 06:47:16 PM

Should we buy ETC now or there is a chance to get ETC cheaper than now?

Yes.

Buy some ch33p ETC now, then put in much lower bids to reduce your avg cost in the next flash crash.

And always keep some powder dry.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 06:57:44 PM

Tongue

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 07:15:26 PM

Tongue

Now pumpertits, surely your better than that lol
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 07:18:19 PM

I see your point and I am just thinking out loud... Right now we have 2 Ethereum's The HF and the Classic. The one right now that is second in line to BTC is the HF Ethereum. I am thinking if I am a new investor that does not know about all this drama and wants to invest he sees HF and Classic. He would be like whats up with this?? Which one do I use?  blah blah looks unprofessional.. I don't know what the best thing to do but I don't want to see classic get slowly crushed by the HF.

We are not there yet but to get Classic up and going like HF already is will take some time to get organized. During this time everyone will just keep pounding heads saying that classic is dying and stay away from it.

I am not thinking it should be done now and hopefully never but if things get bad enough it might be best to re-brand the original but still keep all the same tools that HF uses. Let's hope it does not come to that. Time will tell.. If enough miners bail out then you can bet they will try the 51 percent attack again. The most important thing is we must keep people on board and interested. What ever it takes.
i think the name is good like it is.
it is a permanent reminder of what happend. and every seriouse investor should get a hint there is a story behind this names.

thats good i think the selling argument for etc is its immutablility beside its all the othere ether has too.

and sure there is still lots of work to do but
for me its amazing how much was done in such a short time. i am still wow
what a strong comunity
congrats........

Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: