Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:22:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 760 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 3839038 times)
TheDasher

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 04:06:27 PM

hope Claymore puts up the anticipated 80sols per 280x today or there is no profits mining ZEC on this price Sad

Well which option was better?
- a smaller community which mining ZEC with "piece-of-shit"-miners (©Genoil) and earn 3 BTC/1 ZEC, or
- every noob, rag, tag and bobtail mining ZEC now with Claymore's and earn ~0.26 BTC/1 ZEC?

Don´t get me wrong, Claymore's miner is once more an excellent piece of software. But who (except himself) benefits now from it?
Surely, the ZEC hashrate would have risen also without his miner - but I´m sure, never such fast.

Price drop was due to stupidly high start price for a single coin.  Of course people were going to dump asap to make as much as possible.

Claymores miners increased the number of miners making sales yes but that was going to happen anyway as others were bringing out miners dont forget.  As far I know the coin has little practical use and so those who held them will now be looking at a major loss compared to what they could have made.

Once people stop mass selling the price may rise slightly but until the coin gets more practical purpose/uptaken by vendors so it has meaning I cant see it doing anything but fall right now.

Anyone holding this coin to sell higher is insane, no reason for it to be expensive.  Price will really fall when investors can sell coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jokelo

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 04:09:05 PM

Gee thanks!

I ment setting it, I can copy it but where and how? In the enviromental window you must also write the path.. So does anyone understand my problem?

You need to create a bat file and put it in the same folder where the miner files are.

This is my bat file:

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ZecMiner64.exe -r 2 -i 0 -tt 65 -ttli 75  -tstop 80 -fanmax 75 -fanmin 40 -dbg -1 -zpool us1-

zcash.flypool.org:3333 -zwal "your payment address" -zpsw x

do you know how to create a bat file?

Thank you very much!
Yes I know.But do I overwrite the start.bat or create a new one and name it anything? Oh, and since i'm from eu, what should I write ''-zpool us1'', coz eu1 doesn't work?
ghostfaceuk

Activity: 410

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 04:11:39 PM

hope Claymore puts up the anticipated 80sols per 280x today or there is no profits mining ZEC on this price Sad

- a smaller community which mining ZEC with "piece-of-shit"-miners (©Genoil) and earn 3 BTC/1 ZEC, or
- every noob, rag, tag and bobtail mining ZEC now with Claymore's and earn ~0.26 BTC/1 ZEC?

Don´t get me wrong, Claymore's miner is once more an excellent piece of software. But who (except himself) benefits now from it?
Surely, the ZEC hashrate would have risen also without his miner - but I´m sure, never such fast.

Price drop was due to stupidly high start price for a single coin.  Of course people were going to dump asap to make as much as possible.

Claymores miners increased the number of miners making sales yes but that was going to happen anyway as others were bringing out miners dont forget.  As far I know the coin has little practical use and so those who held them will now be looking at a major loss compared to what they could have made.

Once people stop mass selling the price may rise slightly but until the coin gets more practical purpose/uptaken by vendors so it has meaning I cant see it doing anything but fall right now.

Anyone holding this coin to sell higher is insane, no reason for it to be expensive.  Price will really fall when investors can sell coin.

I think I read somewhere investors paid about $15 for a coin?

With the way its dropping depending on when they are allowed to sell their investment it may even be worth that.
osnwt

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 04:17:11 PM

How low can it go???

Those called us idiots when we predicted that. And told "how much Sols can we squeeze from this card" ignoring the fact that in

I asked the same:

Agreed. When running a miner required some homework and people thought before dump, the price was high. Now every idiot (and that is not me as someone wrote in this thread earlier) mines and dumps it brainless, and price is falling. Yes, they squeeze more and more sols from old cards and still think that their profit will rise. They do not understand that profits rise only if some people have better miners, not all. And in the latter case we have more and more Sols/s, more and more cards, more and more power (compare 1.x and 2.x) but less and less profit. WooHoo!
Xardas2014

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 04:39:21 PM

Gee thanks!

I ment setting it, I can copy it but where and how? In the enviromental window you must also write the path.. So does anyone understand my problem?

You need to create a bat file and put it in the same folder where the miner files are.

This is my bat file:

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

ZecMiner64.exe -r 2 -i 0 -tt 65 -ttli 75  -tstop 80 -fanmax 75 -fanmin 40 -dbg -1 -zpool us1-

Thank you very much!
Yes I know.But do I overwrite the start.bat or create a new one and name it anything? Oh, and since i'm from eu, what should I write ''-zpool us1'', coz eu1 doesn't work?
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -zwal "your payment address" -zpsw x

the other command line options in his .bat were for restart, temp controls/fan settings, and enabling debug, none of which might be of interest to you. In fact the -i 0 option does nothing as it is the default anyway.

tigr72

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 04:55:11 PM

The issue of ZCash miner for CPU was dropped by itself, as the price of mining fell below the price of mining XMR on CPU...  Undecided
marvykkio

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 05:03:12 PM

i think zcash its price stabilizes slightly below ETH.

and in any case not worth that much, because the coins are few and the difficulty is too high
melloyellow

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 05:17:06 PM

Gee thanks!

This is my bat file:

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

Thank you very much!

This is not setting the environment variables either.  He forgot the set or setx before each of the first 5 lines.  "set" sets the environment variable for the current shell and "setx" sets it permanently for any shell, but you'll need to run it again if you use setx because it does not set it for the current shell.  So write "set" before the GPU....stuff and you're good to go.  I like to use "setx" with those commands in a separate bat and not set them everytime I start mining.
osnwt

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 05:24:17 PM

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0

So write "set" before the GPU....stuff and you're good to go.  I like to use "setx" with those commands in a separate bat and not set them everytime I start mining.

I never use setx because it affects every program running later, not just miner. And you may not need them same for all miners. But for miner it is enough to set them in the current shell that runs this bat file.

The syntax of set and setx is different: for setx you do NOT need '=', but for set you do (thanks Microsoft for 'consistency'):

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
or
set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0

Again, I will never spoil the global environment with setx unless I really need that. And in this particular case you hardly need it since anyway you run the miner from the bat file. So simple set is preferred.

And yes, set /? or setx /? always help Smiley
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 05:53:54 PM

Added Russian translation of Readme, thanks to mellon:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1673724

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607
Unikol

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 05:54:58 PM

With the way its dropping depending on when they are allowed to sell their investment it may even be worth that.

The price was $14.7 for the initial investors. So the ZCash price still has a lot to drop before they make a loss.
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:00:44 PM

The price was $14.7 for the initial investors. So the ZCash price still has a lot to drop before they make a loss.

What the hell are you even talking about?

There was no ico.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:03:18 PM

More and more anti viruses are flagging the latest release 2.1

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/8ebffe9de3f79b278676f07f01359c4fd29bbb4d847c6edc236830db98f40b89/analysis/1478627951/

12 flags atm  (was 9 this morning..)  , when should I start worrying ?

(no fud here, just an honest concern)
tigr72

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:11:40 PM

- Windows 10 Defender recognizes miner as a virus, some antiviruses do the same. Miner is not a virus, add it to Defender exceptions.
  I write miners since 2014. Most of them are recognized as viruses by some paranoid antiviruses, perhaps because I pack my miners to protect them from disassembling, perhaps because some people include them into their botnets, or perhaps these antiviruses are not good, I don't know. For these years, a lot of people used my miners and nobody confirmed that my miner stole anything or did something bad.
  Note that I can guarantee clean binaries only for official links in my posts on this forum (bitcointalk). If you downloaded miner from some other link - it really can be a virus.
  However, my miners are closed-source so I cannot prove that they are not viruses. If you think that I write viruses instead of good miners - do not use this miner, or at least use it on systems without any valuable data.

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:13:49 PM

- Windows 10 Defender recognizes miner as a virus, some antiviruses do the same. Miner is not a virus, add it to Defender exceptions.
  I write miners since 2014. Most of them are recognized as viruses by some paranoid antiviruses, perhaps because I pack my miners to protect them from disassembling, perhaps because some people include them into their botnets, or perhaps these antiviruses are not good, I don't know. For these years, a lot of people used my miners and nobody confirmed that my miner stole anything or did something bad.
  Note that I can guarantee clean binaries only for official links in my posts on this forum (bitcointalk). If you downloaded miner from some other link - it really can be a virus.
  However, my miners are closed-source so I cannot prove that they are not viruses. If you think that I write viruses instead of good miners - do not use this miner, or at least use it on systems without any valuable data.

My windows 10 Defender didn't recognize any one of the releases as a virus.
tigr72

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:23:29 PM

Пo тoй ccылкe чтo ты дaл, aнтивиpycники в ocнoвнoм pyгaютcя нa тo чтo иcпoлняeмый фaйл мaйнepa yпaкoвaн cпeциaльный oбpaзoм (для зaщиты иcxoднoгo кoдa мaйнepa oт пocтopoнниx глaз) и oни нe мoгyт eгo pacпaкoвaть и пpoвepить. Пo этoмy и pyгaютcя нa нeгo кaк нa пoтeнциaльнo oпacный иcпoлняeмый фaйл...
Q_R_V

Activity: 428

Inactivity: 8963

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:29:39 PM

My did, and removed *.exe file few times.
Prelektro

Activity: 281

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:30:33 PM

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0

So write "set" before the GPU....stuff and you're good to go.  I like to use "setx" with those commands in a separate bat and not set them everytime I start mining.

I never use setx because it affects every program running later, not just miner. And you may not need them same for all miners. But for miner it is enough to set them in the current shell that runs this bat file.

The syntax of set and setx is different: for setx you do NOT need '=', but for set you do (thanks Microsoft for 'consistency'):

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
or
set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0

Again, I will never spoil the global environment with setx unless I really need that. And in this particular case you hardly need it since anyway you run the miner from the bat file. So simple set is preferred.

And yes, set /? or setx /? always help Smiley

Interesting information, I didn't know that, thanks for sharing! I'm curious, what are the unmodified values for GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR, GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE, GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS, GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT, GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT or is there a way to reset them to values before setx command? I ask this because I'm currently mining with my daily pc that i play games etc. Would any of these commands affect gaming etc. negatively?

Vixmore

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:35:11 PM

What the hell are you even talking about?

There was no ico.

https://z.cash/blog/continued-funding-and-transparency.html

Continued Funding and Transparency
Zooko Wilcox | Sep 23, 2016

Our mission is to create open financial technology with zero-knowledge privacy, for everyone in the world to use. The first application of that technology is Zcash, a cryptocurrency and blockchain with privacy built in.

CONTINUED FUNDING

Today we're announcing that this past summer we took in a new round of funding. Seventeen investors put in a total of $2 million dollars into the Zcash Electric Coin Company in exchange for equity in the company. The investors in this round are: Aaron Grieshaber, Branson Bollinger, Maple Ventures (Amir Chetrit and Steven Nerayoff), Brian Cartmell, Vlad Zamfir, Roger Ver, Digital Currency Group, Barry Silbert, Charles Songhurst, Fenbushi, Shapeshift, Erik Voorhees, David Lee Kuo Chuen, Fred Ehrsam, Sebastian Serrano, and Li Xiaolai.

This is a huge vote of confidence in the Zcash team and in the value of the Zcash project, and it gives us plenty of cash to assist the upcoming launch of Zcash Sprout.

We are using the money to hire several awesome new people for our team, to further invest in security assurance such as by hiring independent security auditors, to fund the Zcash Open Source Miner Contest, and to lay plans for several more projects.

Stay tuned to this blog to hear more about all of these exciting developments!

CONTINUED TRANSPARENCY

The Zcash Company has always been exceptionally transparent about our backers and our company finances.

But, with this blog post we are radically increasing our transparency, to a degree beyond what is considered normal or even acceptable in Silicon Valley.

We're doing this in order give the public a clear picture of the incentives we're operating under, and the “initial conditions” of the Zcash economy that is about to be born.

PRICING

In return for $2 million, the new round of investors collectively took ownership of 6.25% of the company.That implies that the new investors were effectively valuing the company at $32 million (at a time when the uncertainties were greater).The overall amount raised including the previous round is $3 million, and the investors collectively now own 16.4% of the company.

Since the Founders' Reward is 2.1 million coins (10% of the total long-run monetary base of 21 million coins), and since the Founders' Reward will be split among the owners of the Zcash Company in proportion to their ownership, this means the new round of investors paid $2M for an eventual distribution of 131,250 Zcash coins. Therefore, they effectively paid $15.24 per coin.

Be aware that the investors received not only a right to an eventual distribution of Zcash coins, but also a permanent share of the Zcash Electric Coin Company, which may prove to have independent value. So you can't simply say that the investors valued coins at $15.24 a piece. Instead, they might have chosen to invest partly because of the accompanying equity in the company. From my personal experience negotiating with them, there were a variety of attitudes, with the majority of them more interested in the coin than in the company, but a substantial minority the other way around.

The investors will receive their share of the Founders' Reward over the first year of mining. The rest of the founders will receive their share of the Founders' Reward over the first four years of mining. (This doesn't change the size of the Founders' Reward per block — it is still 2.5 ⓩ for the founders and 10 ⓩ for the Miner for each block in the first four years. It just means more of the Founders' Reward goes to the investors than to the other founders during the first year. See Funding, Incentives, and Governance for why the Founders' Reward is on this four-year schedule.)

THE DISTRIBUTION OF ZCASH

90% of the Zcash monetary base goes to the miners, to reward them for doing a public service by maintaining a secure global blockchain, that anyone can use, and that can hold validated but private transactions.

Zcash Distribution
I urge everyone to run a Zcash miner! It is the easiest thing you can do to support the open, permissionless network and the new economy, and (if you're lucky) you might also get a Miners Reward for doing it. You can get started today (on the not-real-money-yet testnet) by following the Zcash Mining Guide.

THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE FOUNDERS' REWARD

10% of the Zcash monetary base goes to the “Founders' Reward”.

Zcash Distribution, The Founders' Reward
An interesting fact about this distribution is that there are no large pie slices. I arranged to distribute the Founders' Reward widely, so that there would be a lot of early stakeholders with a stake in the success of the coin, and nobody would have a much larger stake than the others. This includes myself; my own personal share of the Founder's Reward is no greater than that of some of the other founders.

The investors (this new round plus all previous investments) collectively will receive 1.65% of Zcash's ultimate monetary base.

Among the investors, the equity is evenly distributed. Even the investor with the largest share will eventually (over the course of the first year) receive only 0.2% of the Zcash.

The founders, employees, and advisors (myself included) will collectively get 5.72% of the Zcash monetary base through the Founders' Reward.

Among this group, the equity is also more evenly distributed than a typical startup. Even the founders with the largest share will be receiving only about 0.5% of the Zcash monetary base (over four years).

The two biggest single beneficiaries of the Founders' Reward are the Zcash Company strategic reserve and the non-profit Zcash Foundation.

The Zcash Company's “strategic reserve” will receive 1.19% of the Zcash monetary base (over four years), and is intended to fund new projects to increase the value of the Zcash Company.

The non-profit Zcash Foundation will receive 1.44% of the monetary base (over four years). The Foundation will maintain and improve the Zcash protocol in the interests of all users, present and future.

The Zcash Foundation's share is provided by donations from myself and many of the other founders and investors, and I thank them for helping to sustain an open and safe financial network that anyone in the world will be able to use. That's why we do this.

RECAP

We've taken in another $2M worth of investment to power the next stage of the project. The investors in that round valued the Founders' Reward (along with the accompanying ownership of Zcash Co) at about $15 per Zcash coin.

We're practicing radical transparency, because this project's success depends on the goodwill of the public, and the public has a stake in knowing the financial structure of the ecosystem.

Miners will receive 90% of the Zcash monetary base, and I encourage everyone to run a miner, as a contribution to the public good, and because if you get lucky you might win a Miners Reward.

The founders, employees, and advisors are collectively receiving 5.7% of the monetary base over the four years. The investors are receiving 1.6% of the Zcash monetary base, over the first year. The Zcash Co is receiving 1.2% of the monetary base (over four years) to fund new commercial projects. The Zcash Foundation is receiving 1.4% of the monetary base (over four years) to support the technology, on behalf of all users.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:50:28 PM

This is kinda misleading.  ZCASH DEVS and backers receive 20 % of coins.  20.  %.  Of coins.  For the first 4 years.

Sure after 4 years it goes down to 10% overall apparently !  But for what we are concerned with, the first 4 years, they get 20%.
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 760 »
  Print  

Jump to: