Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:41:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash EQM Zcash NVIDIA optimized miner [Maxwell/Pascal] + CPU mining v1.0.4c  (Read 237998 times)
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptoLearner

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 12:02:53 PM

ewbf just released v0.007 its nice to see we still have a healthy competition Smiley

Over to you NH.. I expect at least 7%-10% faster than ewbf, To justify your 3% fee.

Most pool take at least 1% fee, so added to ewbf 2%, nicehash is more or less equal in that regards Smiley some also could argue that if your aim is to mine an altcoin to transform it in BTC, they give you btc directly, so you also save on the transform fee. Anyway Smiley

Cheers and happy mining all !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 12:15:09 PM

Most pool take at least 1% fee, so added to ewbf 2%, nicehash is more or less equal in that regards Smiley some also could argue that if your aim is to mine an altcoin to transform it in BTC, they give you btc directly, so you also save on the transform fee. Anyway Smiley
I don't think you save anything with Nicehash, their exchange rate is lower than the current rates at poloniex/bittrex. At least that's what other users reported in EWBF thread and that's what WhatToMine says. In my opinion EQM miner should be at least 10-15% faster than EWBF to justify using it. Right now it's ~ 5-7% faster for me, so I switched to EWBF. Let's see whether Nicehash releases an update. Smiley
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 12:26:07 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2016, 12:38:56 PM by m1n1ngP4d4w4n

I don't think you save anything with Nicehash, their exchange rate is lower than the current rates at poloniex/bittrex. At least that's what other users reported in EWBF thread and that's what WhatToMine says. In my opinion EQM miner should be at least 10-15% faster than EWBF to justify using it. Right now it's ~ 5-7% faster for me, so I switched to EWBF. Let's see whether Nicehash releases an update. Smiley

Yes of course, agreed totally, the exchange rate need to be higher to make it worth it for sure if there is a miner out there that is very close in performance. Still @t the moment, WTM give me the same amount of money for either nicehash or normal mining, it's a pickle what to choose in that situation Sad also lots of people are saying latest ewbf show instability, could cost money too in the long run, i'll have to test and see how it goes !

WhatToMine
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 02:38:46 PM

Yeah, Nicehash is a marketplace which is why the payout fluctuates. People buy and sell your hash that you send there. That's what leads to Nicehash almost always paying less then mining coins direct as people try to artificially collapse the price with marketplace manipulation.

It's not a auto-exchange that mines coins. I really don't know why they don't just do that and then make people pay a premium to rent over the coins they mine there (if they aren't auto-mined). It'd make for a much healthier environment for miners and coins in general.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 03:33:53 PM

Well, we believe that buyers should be able to get hashing power for an affordable price and this is something our marketplace offers. This could however virtually look like less earnings for miners, but if you take dev fees, pool fees, wallet fees, exchange site fees, ... in calculation, it is always better to mine with NiceHash.
No it's not. Sounds like advertising bullshit, such claims require proof, at least an example of those "calculations". From what I see regarding Zcash mining, it's less profitable to mine with NiceHash (not to mention payouts are only in BTC and once a week). It is convenient for those that only want BTC, that's for sure, but it's only more profitable when your miner is noticeably faster than the competition. And at the moment it's not.
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 03:58:45 PM

Well, we believe that buyers should be able to get hashing power for an affordable price and this is something our marketplace offers. This could however virtually look like less earnings for miners, but if you take dev fees, pool fees, wallet fees, exchange site fees, ... in calculation, it is always better to mine with NiceHash.

Of course you can always risk your extra time and deal with pool/algorithm/altcoin switching/exchanging and paying fees along the way and I'm sure there are better options than manually switching, but many people rather enjoy basically hassle-free-autopilot mining with NiceHash. Smiley

The only people profiting from your exchanges are auto-bots. Hell they even resell your hash on Miningrigrentals and pocket the difference.

Equihash has stuck pretty close to the coins they hash... other algos are not nearly as lucky. Take Neoscrypt for instance that earns close to 30% less then Feathercoin. Lbry algo is earning about 50% less then Librarycoin. There is a reason miners prefer mining coins direct and it's not just to get the coins.

Most good pools are about 2%, dev fee is usually around 2%. Depending on when you sell your coins you can easily make up for that difference.

You could do a auto-exchange multi-pool, something like YAAMP or YIIMP, charge a 3-4% fee for mining that way (depending on the coin) and then allow people to purchase hashing power for MORE then it costs to mine the coins direct. That way if there isn't a coin that people know about, is unpopular, or just someone wants specifically coins, they can still get what they want and miners aren't constantly being pushed down by auto-bots that control your marketplace.

It's more complicated, but not only does it raise the value of coins (forcing people to exchange for more then they're worth), it also allows miners to stay in business and use your service.

The only people who don't win are those that are currently running the auto-bots on your marketplace right now. Nicehash would still get paid, miners get paid, and you're supporting the coins you mine by forcing a net positive injection of BTC into whatever is being mined. This is essentially what Miningrigrentals currently does (miners almost always have their prices set higher then common coins people mine). MRR is just much more organic. Hell you could even roll MRR services into your platform and raise the prices based on it (what the 'new' fixed rentals would amount to OR allow people to show their rigs and rent them direct).

Nicehash doesn't need to push prices down to earn money.

thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 07:15:52 PM

... It is convenient for those that only want BTC, that's for sure, but it's only more profitable when your miner is noticeably faster than the competition. And at the moment it's not.

I agree it is more convenient for those that only want BTC. We are working hard to make our miners faster, better and easier to use - and by comments from this thread, we are doing great job so far! Smiley

Don't get me wrong, I understand some miners find the experience of trading and uncertainty highly enjoyable. But most people don't. They want regular earnings with less hassle. And this is where NiceHash comes into play.

I appreciate the work from Nicehash and sometimes its a good choice over other options.

I hope to see more up to date linux options in the future

Thanks again for your work!
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:11:20 PM

... It is convenient for those that only want BTC, that's for sure, but it's only more profitable when your miner is noticeably faster than the competition. And at the moment it's not.

I agree it is more convenient for those that only want BTC. We are working hard to make our miners faster, better and easier to use - and by comments from this thread, we are doing great job so far! Smiley

Don't get me wrong, I understand some miners find the experience of trading and uncertainty highly enjoyable. But most people don't. They want regular earnings with less hassle. And this is where NiceHash comes into play.

You know you can still give that same 'quality' service to miners with a auto-exchange multipool... and maintain a rentable service.

PovertyByte

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:20:59 PM

At the moment, I just want to get as much BTC as I can before the moonshot and being able to sell every bit I mine off for BTC on the instant is maximizing my profit while the value keeps rising rather than holding it and selling later after the exchange rate likely got less profitable. I could ride out better selling points based on Z value fluctuations but BTC at least is on the steady rise so the momentum leans towards selling sooner.
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:40:18 PM

Yeah, its hassle free and I like bitcoins in exchange for mining equihash on gtx 1070.

But come on, where is the Linux version of 1.0.4a, I still only get 300sols while windows people get more. Thats unbearable to think about.
abctoz

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:31:44 PM

I would contend that most people enjoy higher earnings, you can test this easily by unlocking your miner to other pools, let the stats speak for themselves.
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:45:22 PM

where is the Linux version of 1.0.4a

We have some critical issues with compatibility.
It is uncertain, but I hope we manage to fix this by the end of the year.
Thank you, and in any case, have a good new year!
xPwnK

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:54:48 PM

I would contend that most people enjoy higher earnings, you can test this easily by unlocking your miner to other pools, let the stats speak for themselves.
+1 it would be good if this miner was free to use on nicehash or 2% dev fee on other pools
Spiffy_1

Activity: 235

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:27:40 PM

I also would be fine with a dev fee if I could use it on another mining pool. 

If you like what I've posted, mine for me on whatever algo you like on www.zpool.ca for a minute using my bitcoin address: 1BJJYPRcRPzTEfByCwkeJ8SCBcrnGD1nhL
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:28:06 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2016, 12:17:09 AM by ZenFr

where is the Linux version of 1.0.4a

We have some critical issues with compatibility.
It is uncertain, but I hope we manage to fix this by the end of the year.
OK, thanks, I will use EWBF's miner now :-(.
r590

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 01:23:09 AM

Hi! And about GTX TITAN X Maxwell hashrate? Anyone tried it?

Thanks

With 1.0.3 I was getting 350 Sols/sec with Titan X Maxwell @ 1453core /1944 mem.
With 1.0.4 I am getting 413 Sols/sec with the same Titan X Maxwell.

The website reports higher hash than the command line. With 2 TitanX I am getting 926 Sols reported in the website with 1.0.4! Great work CUDA developers! BTW, I have programmed CUDA before - is there any chance this will be open sourced at some point?
Sir_James

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 04:01:57 AM

ewbf just released v0.007 its nice to see we still have a healthy competition Smiley

Over to you NH.. I expect at least 7%-10% faster than ewbf, To justify your 3% fee.

On nicehash we also have 1/33.333 of fee on payments in BTC... They take more than we think.

They take something from 5 to 10%  from all we mine, and pay us in BTC to hide it from us, take a look on "https://whattomine.com/coins" every coin mined direct is giving to us more profit than nicehash as I said before, and they dare to get more 3% of fees on the payment! It is not fair. Just do the maths and you will see it "https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&payments"
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:27:24 AM

They're a marketplace as was mentioned numerous times in this thread. People buy and sell hashrate there. It wont ever be exactly what other coins are worth.

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=orders&a=24

There really should be a test of some kind people have to pass before they can start mining...

m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:49:41 AM

On nicehash we also have 1/33.333 of fee on payments in BTC... They take more than we think.

They take something from 5 to 10%  from all we mine, and pay us in BTC to hide it from us, take a look on "https://whattomine.com/coins" every coin mined direct is giving to us more profit than nicehash as I said before, and they dare to get more 3% of fees on the payment! It is not fair. Just do the maths and you will see it "https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&payments"

I agree, for amateur miners that don't have much time on their hands and/or are still learning like me, they're the "easy" go-to, for semi-pro/pro miners, there is much better solutions out there for sure.
ninobtcx

Activity: 418
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:54:55 AM

guys is this site profitable?
is there any profit for buying hash from sellers in nice hash?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: