Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:53:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:05:48 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 08:21:43 AM by sickpig

Ok guys i'm going to hook you up with a couple of firmwares imminently.

But...

But...

(said twice for dramatic effect)

One is for the November box. For the Ericsson VRMs - big yellow stickers, have Ericsson written on them, were delivered in November.

One is for the October box. For the General Electric unbranded silver VRMs. The tuning suite.

Make sure you use the correct one.

It won't kill your device, but it may require you re-flashing the beaglebone via an SSD card if you flash the wrong one.

It future a uniform intelligent release that differentiates between the pair will be available.

Currently this therefore relies on the intelligence of the user, i.e. you.

So...Lips sealed

They should have come with a notice in the box NOT to flash the firmware with it. I'm sure KNC can afford the paper and toner to print these out so the users know beforehand. Unless some people really are telepathic here.

They're labeled pretty clearly on the download page with some red warning text saying not to use the wrong one on your unit.  Do you really need more warning than that?

I may be wrong, but I think they did it after the fact... the guy who almost bricked his new miner want to flash back the 0.99-E and he wasn't able to find it on the support page, I did check my self and there was no sign of "-E" firmaware nor red warnings.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 06:08:26 AM

But...

But...

One is for the November box. For the Ericsson VRMs - big yellow stickers, have Ericsson written on them, were delivered in November.

One is for the October box. For the General Electric unbranded silver VRMs. The tuning suite.

It won't kill your device, but it may require you re-flashing the beaglebone via an SSD card if you flash the wrong one.

It future a uniform intelligent release that differentiates between the pair will be available.

So...Lips sealed

They should have come with a notice in the box NOT to flash the firmware with it. I'm sure KNC can afford the paper and toner to print these out so the users know beforehand. Unless some people really are telepathic here.

They're labeled pretty clearly on the download page with some red warning text saying not to use the wrong one on your unit.  Do you really need more warning than that?

I may be wrong, but I think they did it after the fact... the guy who almost bricked is new miner want to flash back the 0.99-E and he wasn't able to find it on the support page, I did check my self and there was no sign of "-E" firmaware nor red warnings.

Yeah, he just read "Flash to the latest" went on teh page and did that, however the latest for the Erikson wasn't on the site yet

Kaliecious

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:09:18 AM

Serious Question....
I'm wondering about the Neptune PSU situation...maybe will be built in?
is it 220v only, right?
type of plug, etc.... 

i thought they are making it 115v as well, just have to use two diff circuits? god i hope they can get it under 1800 watts so i can run it normally on one plug. realllllly dont want to dick around with the wiring in the house

If you install a 20 amp receptacle you will then have 2550 watts.  But you may need 12 gauge wire behind the walls as well.

hense dedicated 25 amp breaker or 30 I would do 30 myself. 20 would be cutting it to close 2100watts is 17.5 amp then you would have to look at initial surge. 20 is no beuno but close. im sure a lot will push it though.

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:14:52 AM

I'm sure I'll have no problem pulling 2100W from the wall, but I am wondering where I'm going to find an ATX power supply to handle that much.  Maybe 2 power supplies will be expected?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 06:16:50 AM

But...

But...

So...Lips sealed

They're labeled pretty clearly on the download page with some red warning text saying not to use the wrong one on your unit.  Do you really need more warning than that?

It is VERY common practice for companies to add critical and important notices in the hardware boxes that people receive. What would make you expect everyone read that online? Having inside the box when a customer opens it up almost guarantees they will read it. Adding a piece of paper with some text on it before taping up the box is trivial and would cost KNC nothing. They should cover all bases if they really cared about people bricking units.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 06:18:56 AM

Hey guys, since you have to re-wire your house for the Netptunes, why not just go out and buy a new home? BTC will still be up and you can even get an extra bedroom for all your mining needs.

sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:23:04 AM

I'm sure I'll have no problem pulling 2100W from the wall, but I am wondering where I'm going to find an ATX power supply to handle that much.  Maybe 2 power supplies will be expected?

I think it is a reasonable solution

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:25:23 AM

But...

But...

So...Lips sealed

They're labeled pretty clearly on the download page with some red warning text saying not to use the wrong one on your unit.  Do you really need more warning than that?

It is VERY common practice for companies to add critical and important notices in the hardware boxes that people receive. What would make you expect everyone read that online? Having inside the box when a customer opens it up almost guarantees they will read it. Adding a piece of paper with some text on it before taping up the box is trivial and would cost KNC nothing. They should cover all bases if they really cared about people bricking units.

I can see your point...lol...but these aren't Raedon's sold to gamers either...
someone who just paid thousands for a unit like these is highly likely to actually read the directions hopefully  Wink  Yeah...a paper in the box with a "Getting started" schpiel is a great idea tho...

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 06:30:38 AM

But...

But...

So...Lips sealed

I can see your point...lol...but these aren't Raedon's sold to gamers either...

I know that's my point! These are thousands of dollars worth of hardware that cost much more then video cards. A DO NOT FLASH FIRMWARE notice shouldn't even be a thought or decision. It should of just happened automatically. But then again there is always the guy that knows everything and expects everyone to know everything also. Meaning no one in particular.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:34:54 AM

I agree....I agree....
a simple sheet of paper could avoid disaster for many..

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 06:35:21 AM

By the way, if you are a good programmer and need money offer your assistance to create some custom software here. This forum is now holding onto $6.1 million dollars in bitcoin. Several people are getting angry since the site operator has chosen to just hold onto all that bitcoin and actually hire someone to do the work. This version SMF is terribly old and really needs an update. I have a funny feeling the forum operator is having a hard time letting that donation money go. He's probably trying to figure a way to cash it all out and leave for an island somewhere.

Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:35:59 AM

Is reading a lost art or something?  Yes I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect someone to read the damned instructions given on the firmware download page.  If you can't expect that, I doubt you can expect them to read a printed page shipped in the box either.

Personally I'll have no sympathy for someone who is too dumb to RTFM and then bricks their box.  Maybe they'll learn to pay attention next time.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 06:36:37 AM

Sorry, it's the can of coke I just gargled down. The caffeine pumps me up at 1:30am in the morning.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:38:15 AM

By the way, if you are a good programmer and need money offer your assistance to create some custom software here. This forum is now holding onto $6.1 million dollars in bitcoin. Several people are getting angry since the site operator has chosen to just hold onto all that bitcoin and actually hire someone to do the work. This version SMF is terribly old and really needs an update. I have a funny feeling the forum operator is having a hard time letting that donation money go. He's probably trying to figure a way to cash it all out and leave for an island somewhere.

chat boxes would be really cool....

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 06:42:23 AM

Is reading a lost art or something?  Yes I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect someone to read the damned instructions given on the firmware download page.  If you can't expect that, I doubt you can expect them to read a printed page shipped in the box either.

Personally I'll have no sympathy for someone who is too dumb to RTFM and then bricks their box.  Maybe they'll learn to pay attention next time.

Jesus Bogart, electronic companies have been putting in flash notices in the hardware boxes since there were electronics. Just because you happen to have read what was online doesn't mean everyone else has. It's almost like you are against adding a notice to protect and help the customer out. Also, if it does have flash notice that would suggest it is really an important point the company wants to get across to the user. Finding that info on some forum that KNC doesn't even moderate in a line of news articles can easily be missed. Damn dude, where all the hate come from?

Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:45:53 AM

Jesus Bogart, electronic companies have been putting in flash notices in the hardware boxes since there were electronics. Just because you happen to have read what was online doesn't mean everyone else has. It's almost like you are against adding a notice to protect and help the customer out. Also, if it does have flash notice that would suggest it is really an important point the company wants to get across to the user. Finding that info on some forum that KNC doesn't even moderate in a line of news articles can easily be missed. Damn dude, where all the hate come from?

It's not buried in some forum.  It's right on the same page you have to go to to download the firmware itself, and in red text no less.

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:16:54 AM

Neptune is out of stock  Smiley  Grin
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:21:50 AM

I still have one in my cart...   looks like I could still purchase but I think I will pass

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:26:11 AM

I still have one in my cart...   looks like I could still purchase but I think I will pass

I doubt it would go through anyway.  Cool

Knowing KNC they would probably just put it into 2nd batch if the webpage lets it through...  I bet some will try

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:30:04 AM

Neptune is out of stock  Smiley  Grin

I still have one in my cart...   looks like I could still purchase but I think I will pass
It would most likely get cancelled.
I went thru that with nov. units....sold out means.....sold out.  Wink
Wonder how long till the others are up on the site...

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: