Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 05:56:28 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 [1167] 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3007652 times)
TheJuice

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:18:08 AM

The order book will likely open either tomorrow, or in the coming days.

Not sure what you mean by what kind of refusal? In any case wait and see at the point of announcement.

Dare say it will be first come first served to previous customers for a designated period of time. I have no idea of there is a limit, or whether there's a reseller program. Though of there is please use the reseller link in my sig. Ta v.much Wink

Order book for what? We have zero tech specs on the devices, how many there will be and other companies are coming quicker and quicker to release all their hardware. One another competitor throw out his 1TG rig for $5k, KNC will have to tqake ALOT of money off their asking price of $7,000 or even higher. Once greed sets it it's almost impossible to control.

It'll be interesting to see the new specs. From my limited knowledge 20nm is equal/slightly less powerful than 26nm per transistor (but more transistors) and more efficient. My guess is ~70% increase in hash per chip with same/reduced draw. I'll give a 25% boost to optimization aswell.

My estimate: March shipping, 1.5 Tera-Hash drawing 600W for $2-3k. (this of course is modular), Expect the main offering to be 4.5 Thash for ~6-8k. This will draw 1800 watts.

I r Bit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Scoobypup

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:19:07 AM

None of that matters. You simply do the math for when your miners will stop being profitable (when you'd stop mining), and instead buy btc and hold until that time. You will always end up more profitable that way than if you buy hardware to mine.
I didn't do this the first time and instead bought miners from KnC. I will now be lucky if I make half as much btc as I could have if I just bought it at the time I placed my order. The only true winners in the mining game are those who make the miners. The rest are just chumps regardless of how you try and spin it.

In the simple situation you and many others keep repeating, yes.   But there is a whole other side of cost-basis, time-value-of-money etc that I won't bother to bring up.  If you understand you understand, if you don't then that is why Wall Street & FED never has to worry about the masses rising up against them

When it comes to taxes and being a legit business, I agree. However, I and most I assume, are not in that situation and can easily forgo those complications. For us, it does not make sense to pay another company to produce an item that will "mine" back less than it cost us to purchase in the first place regardless of the fiat equivalent of our investments or payouts.
For an individual...for any given profitable timeframe, if the product will not produce more btc than it cost to purchase initially, then it is not a good investment.
waterboi92

Activity: 82

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:27:20 AM

In fact if you bought BTC with what you paid for your miner, you would be much better off, except everyone seems to ignore this.

And folks that say this over and over always ignore the bigger elephant which is what is your target sell price?  

So, right now, say how much BTC you will buy today and how high you will wait to sell.   I don't remember anyone saying they were buying $14000 worth of BTC in June and holding until they were $800 each

What matters is how much more $$$ you end up with.  If you end up with more $$$ after only mining 60-80% of your BTC back since you end up selling at a later time than if you just bought btc and then had your weak hands shook, and only gained half of what you would of if you bought miners and mined..

talk about that side of reality.. the human element

so in summary, the people who keep repeating this dogma of just buy btc instead of mining are the people that don't want anyone else to mine...  game theory 101

well said...i agree with this.

+1

if i've helped you, donations welcome: 1BwGnrqSjbfJ39mTNrvb257eUSuUP7Pfxh
1l1l11ll1l

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:30:27 AM

anyone getting weird results/hash rate at eligius Huh

I gave up on Eligius a day ago. Can't stand all the variance, and luck seems to be crappy lately. Switched to 7.5% fee BTC Guild PPS for now.

Hit mineb.tc for 5% PPS, rock solid pool.

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
.L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM.
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:34:51 AM

For an individual...for any given profitable timeframe, if the product will not produce more btc than it cost to purchase initially, then it is not a good investment.

I was alluding to things like 0% interest rates, or balance sheet tricks like buying miners, selling one btc before end of Dec, then claiming a miner price as cost basis to claim a loss, but then sell Jan and not have to pay on the gains for a year and use that money to make other money..   that's the whole time-value-of-money

there are deeper and sketchier things going then these examples

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:49:40 AM

None of that matters. You simply do the math for when your miners will stop being profitable (when you'd stop mining), and instead buy btc and hold until that time. You will always end up more profitable that way than if you buy hardware to mine.
I didn't do this the first time and instead bought miners from KnC. I will now be lucky if I make half as much btc as I could have if I just bought it at the time I placed my order. The only true winners in the mining game are those who make the miners. The rest are just chumps regardless of how you try and spin it.

Except that i can spend 4000$ (5 BTC) to buy a miner that nets 15+ BTC over a few months Smiley

Also a friendly reminder that selling BTC will get your ass raped by the IRS as it is an automatically reported transaction on several levels. 
DPoS

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:02:25 AM

Also a friendly reminder that selling BTC will get your ass raped by the IRS as it is an automatically reported transaction on several levels. 

I doubt BTCe is sending out any 1099-B's

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
ecliptic

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:14:13 AM

Haahahahahahahahahah I like the part where you thought a government agency, responsible for the income of the entire government, was dependent on some shady russians to inform them about your 5-7 digit financial tax evading wheeling and dealing.

Seems like a lot of people are going to be in jail for tax evasions, I'll have to stock up on popcorn for audit season  Grin
madsusies

Activity: 293

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:21:06 AM

Yes us folk, you will pay an annual tax frim btc income, thx god this s't doesn't existing in EU (we mostly pay 30% from salary as tax for hospital,  insurance ect we do not pay annual tax at all)
joeventura

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:22:38 AM

Except that i can spend 4000$ (5 BTC) to buy a miner that nets 15+ BTC over a few months Smiley

Transactions under $10k here in the U.S. get reported to no one.
My coin seller does not have my SSN therefore there is no way the IRS has diddly so I will call your statement above (as it relates to me) crap.

BitCoinRateWatcher.com One stop for latest rates from MtGox, Bitstamp, CampBx, Coinbase and Bitpay all on one mobile friendly screen.
DPoS

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:23:50 AM

Haahahahahahahahahah I like the part where you thought a government agency, responsible for the income of the entire government, was dependent on some shady russians to inform them about your 5-7 digit financial tax evading wheeling and dealing.

Seems like a lot of people are going to be in jail for tax evasions, I'll have to stock up on popcorn for audit season  Grin

you took a leap there...  happy travels

Kaliecious

Activity: 144

pic by ShittyBitcoinDrawer

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:27:11 AM

If the exchanges are getting geared for the rules they are going to have to follow they will have to give you annual reports of your gains or losses for tax purposes

It's not what you believe, It's what you know.
ecliptic

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:15:55 AM

My coin seller does not have my SSN therefore there is no way the IRS has diddly so I will call your statement above (as it relates to me) crap.

It's like you think you're immune to structuring laws (hint : ALL transactions relating to bitcoins are flagged as suspeciouis and investigated, as they should be, vastly abused by tax evaders)

it's like you literally think you can withdrawl from an exchange to some sort of account that DOESN'T redflag and report everything you do

Reminder : localbitcoins is constnatly pushed by tax evaders because IT. IS. THE. ONLY. ACTUAL. WAY. TO. AVOID. TAXES.

You would do well to remember this, but you've probably already fucked up hard and sold your coins.  Or spent them!!!

Remember!~  Spending coins = TAXABLE. TRANSACTION.

Prepare.
For
Audits.
davewr2013

Activity: 238

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:26:23 AM

It's like you think you're immune to structuring laws (hint : ALL transactions relating to bitcoins are flagged as suspeciouis and investigated, as they should be, vastly abused by tax evaders)

it's like you literally think you can withdrawl from an exchange to some sort of account that DOESN'T redflag and report everything you do

Reminder : localbitcoins is constnatly pushed by tax evaders because IT. IS. THE. ONLY. ACTUAL. WAY. TO. AVOID. TAXES.

You would do well to remember this, but you've probably already fucked up hard and sold your coins.  Or spent them!!!

Remember!~  Spending coins = TAXABLE. TRANSACTION.

Prepare.
For
Audits.

Just because you are right does not mean that people will listen.

Track your expenses, run it like a business. Pay your taxes and stay out of jail.

If you do not believe this -- call a CPA/Tax Accountant in the USA or a CA/CGA in Canada. Only Lawyers can invoke attorney/client privilege though -- so if you intend to cheat -- stick to dealing with a lawyer.

Can you get away with cheating? -- probably for a while -- maybe even forever. But it is a gamble.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
merv77

Activity: 476

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:41:56 AM

COOL, I just noticed they only mention a single model...."Neptune"
This will solve many of the issues selling smaller machines... and make Customer service a breeze!! I really hope that's what it means!...

Heh, I hope Neptune "IS" the smaller model Cheesy
Not a bad idea really......!  
one easy size & model to deal with.....

smaller in size isn't a bad idea, but much much bigger/higher in hashing power I hope.
monsieur

Activity: 70

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:47:04 AM

I gave up on Eligius a day ago. Can't stand all the variance, and luck seems to be crappy lately. Switched to 7.5% fee BTC Guild PPS for now.

Thanks, I'll check it out. If it really turns out to be 2.5% less than guild, my savings will be more than enough to cover all of my food expenses, for instance. Until difficulty jumps significantly, that is.
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 1540

Tips for help? 1BzbfMHCrTeLjc7eCGrYVhH3QXSRodSuke

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:26:02 AM

So on the Neptune what are we looking at here ...assuming they ask for $$$ from the pre-existing customers on say DEC 1st 2013.. a consensus here guess of say
shipping started March 15th 2014? or so?

The other related "horror" of this scenario ..is that is 3.5 to 4 months say of $$$ tied up (likely around 10k) for all that time....and that is a lot of time to take pre-orders..so your miner and start mining  with everyone else dumped on network in 2 weeks or so from that backlog....at worst/best case scenario they'd be pumping out units big time the next 2 months (this is due to proven track record 20mm footprint and refund policy and credit card paypal up to shipping ..who would you buy from)...they will  have more orders then capacity imho it will be nuts!!!

I"ll probably buy the next unit..because I am somewhat bored of late and like playing at mining is fun in a scary "hey lets be an astronaut" kinda way.....but I should look at it like a "Bass Boat" and my dream of paying for it by "competitive Bass fishing tournament winnings" ..a pleasant dream but not very likely..of course the way my unit arrived from Sweden last time ..I could use this as an excuse to fly to Sweden (of course then I would have to come home....that would suck)

*shudders to think of ups/dhl handling a "lighter" 10k unit from Sweden to USA...........smaller more fun to toss and better distance DHL/UPS toy.....

silly hobby an't it (have to think of it as a hobby I start to think of this as "real money" I crap myself..oh well wine/women and song are overrated I hear)

Searing

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
Wesly

Activity: 185

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 10:39:10 AM

I am no tax expert, but I don't think you should under-estimate the length your government will do to get what they want especially your "hard-earned" money.  And it is naive to think that they will play by the rule.  Officially it is $10k, but it can be much less if you have multiple smaller activity/transactions (even in different banks) that add up to a large sum of money.

I am very interested in hearing how you have been or intended to laundering your bitcoin profits?  Even if you sell it locally for cash, how do you deposit that money into your banks without looking suspicious as to the origin of your money?  Are you using it to buy a car or house?  How do you explain to the IRS when you bought a $1 million house and/or $100,000 Tesla  all in cash when you are only making $50,000/yr?  I guess you must be running an Italian restaurant that has no paying customer as a front to launder your bitcoin money..  Or have rolls of hundreds under your mattress  Grin
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1834

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:58:35 AM

I am very interested in hearing how you have been or intended to laundering your bitcoin profits?  Even if you sell it locally for cash, how do you deposit that money into your banks without looking suspicious as to the origin of your money?  Are you using it to buy a car or house?  How do you explain to the IRS when you bought a $1 million house and/or $100,000 Tesla  all in cash when you are only making $50,000/yr?  I guess you must be running an Italian restaurant that has no paying customer as a front to launder your bitcoin money..  Or have rolls of hundreds under your mattress  Grin

It is very similar to a person that has a Swiss bank account. The consumption of that person is a stimulus for the economy, so government will welcome you (A rich foreign customer). They will charge the car or house dealer for income tax, but not you

I can see many problems with taxation when merchants all accept bitcoin payment, since their bitcoin income are not traceable in current accounting system. One woman on the senate hearing session raised this question, but it seems so far no one have an idea how is that going to be handled

sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:13:29 AM

I've just checked since I have an unused account @mineb and I found out that a block that took 13hs to be solved was orphaned. a real pity. it happened to me also in other pools (e.g. slush), nonetheless a real pity.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Pages: « 1 ... 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 [1167] 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.