Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 11:04:40 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3007786 times)
Henchman24

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:30:25 PM

Note: Just as an aside -- if you use the Seasonic Platinum and your Jupiter starts to glow red -- just want to be sure you realize that would be your problem -- I am not offering advice -- just an observation.  My Jupiter shut down in a controlled manner -- your power supply could be from a flawed genetic strain which just hates miners with a passion.... On the other hand -- it may work. I just don't know.

Another datapoint - My October Jupiter has been running flawlessly on a Seasonic Platinum 1000.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:31:16 PM

IONIZER WONDER

I bought today two of them, I will try it. I´m crazy enought!!!! Cool

Those are fakes, dont fall for it.

What really works is putting some magic healing crystals on top of the miner,  along with some Chakras aligning holographic power balance magnets.
For best result soak them first for a day in a top grade homeopathic energy enhancing 30C memory solution.  

I will sell you a complete set for only 1 BTC. Shakras alignment of your KnC miner is guaranteed or money back. PM me for details.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 1820

#BEL+++

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 04:39:36 PM

all will be good he mean

thank you! after my request for a status of my order via email the order changed to "In progress" again.
WastedLTC

Activity: 552

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:41:08 PM

I understand that the first batch of Jupiters had to make over 70 coins to break even in BTC and that was going to be tough...  but how can you look at a Neptune and say that it will produce less than 10 coins.    My two jupiters today still create 1 coin a day (combined).      The risk is very different than it was with purchasing Jupiters when BTC was at $100.  

I have no doubt each Neptune will produce more than 10BTC which is what I paid.  

The price seems high when you compare it to other companies that took preorders but think about how much those customers paid in BTC.   30-40 BTC?  Definitely not 10 for over 3TH!   I would have loved to see Neptune priced at $6k but that is almost a joke when pricing it at 6BTC.

BitcoinApprentice

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:45:18 PM

People with their finances in order don't leave large amounts sitting doing fuck all when it should be earning interest or working for them no matter what that ignoramus just said.

most previous customers have mined more than 10BTC..  many well over that.   Many have kept their BTC in a wallet as BTC itself was 'working for them' or at least still $$ in an exchange so they can easily buy back BTC when need be.

On your other point, you really wanted them to basically call up everyone one by one on the modules?? how long would that take?  Everyone was already a bit mad that they waited to make a few more and ship all at once instead of just ship what they had right away.

3 days on the Neptunes showed that KNC priced it a bit better than the modules so they didn't short change themselves. If they were $8000 they would of sold out in 10 mins
If KnC were MY company <LOL>;  Since I had promised the Sep/Oct rigs were "modular" & "upgradable":
         I'd have sent all buyers of Mercs & Sats only, an email notice to buy any # of modules that would allow them to modularize up to Jups, for a 1 week period.
         Then, I'd keep a calculated amount for Rma's. 
         Next, since Jups are not company auth for >4 mods, I'd have combined the remaining into new Jups, and offer them as a bonus (non-warranteed) given away at lottery per each 20 Neptunes. Now THAT would have gotten a lot of good pr Buzz.(in spite of the haters)
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:47:06 PM

People with their finances in order don't leave large amounts sitting doing fuck all when it should be earning interest or working for them no matter what that ignoramus just said.

most previous customers have mined more than 10BTC..  many well over that.   Many have kept their BTC in a wallet as BTC itself was 'working for them' or at least still $$ in an exchange so they can easily buy back BTC when need be.

On your other point, you really wanted them to basically call up everyone one by one on the modules?? how long would that take?  Everyone was already a bit mad that they waited to make a few more and ship all at once instead of just ship what they had right away.

3 days on the Neptunes showed that KNC priced it a bit better than the modules so they didn't short change themselves. If they were $8000 they would of sold out in 10 mins
If KnC were MY company <LOL>;  Since I had promised the Sep/Oct rigs were "modular" & "upgradable":
         I'd have sent all buyers of Mercs & Sats only, an email notice to buy any # of modules that would allow them to modularize up to Jups, for a 1 week period.
         Then, I'd keep a calculated amount for Rma's. 
         Next, since Jups are not company auth for >4 mods, I'd have combined the remaining into new Jups, and offer them as a bonus (non-warranteed) given away at lottery per each 20 Neptunes. Now THAT would have gotten a lot of good pr Buzz.(in spite of the haters)

+1 I like your style Smiley

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:02:05 PM

I've been running my October Saturn/Jupiter with a Corsair RM850 since I got it. It pulls 650/660 from the wall. I did order a more powerful supply in case I added more hardware but I think I may return it since the Corsair is running just fine the way it is.

I would keep it.  It pays to have a spare on hand in case of failure.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:03:42 PM

Does anyone know the latest order number that was shipped today?

Henchman24

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:13:02 PM

I realize this is just more screaming into the wind.  However, it chaps my ass that KNC shipping logistics will, for the third time in as many attempts, result in my order just sitting somewhere enroute for the entire weekend.   Angry
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:14:37 PM

Jesus man, air ioniser?

Umm...yeah.

Do you know how those things work?  They clean the air by creating an electrostatic charge to get particles to stick to nearby surfaces instead of floating freely.

I ran one for a while and wondered why my USB mouse kept resetting.  Eventually I figured out that a charge was building up in the metal table frame until it reached enough voltage potential to where it would arc through the insulator and discharge into the ethernet cable (which was touching the table frame) connected to the computer, and affected the USB somehow.

I got rid of the ionizer.  Problem solved.

I srsly would NOT run an ionizer near high-value electronic gear.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
bobsmoke

Activity: 312

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:20:33 PM

just for curiosity and for benchmarking purposes :
How many BTC are you doing per day with a Jupiter?

- 0.4 Per day at Slush for the past 7 days -
BitcoinApprentice

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:23:40 PM

I didn't want a phone call...a fucking email would have been nice though. 1st I heard was on this forum, hours after the things were sold. I bought a KNC machine mainly based on it's ability to be upgraded

I got an email.  Did you not sign up for their email newsletter?
Yeah, Emails were sent..got one here too.

ditto. i got one as well.

Same. I only knew because of the email. I'll give KNC that much.

But they didn't give any notice prior. They just opened up and immediately closed down.

i was pissed when they did this little notice thing with the upgrades too, but i kind of get it now. if they gave everyone a couple weeks notice and told everyone "order opens november 26th" the site would probably crash and cause a ton of issues, i guess they have to give little notice as to not flood the order system? does that make sense?
It would have crashed only if they are NOT tech savvy. There's not THAT many users that would hit all at once. Even 20,000 simultaneous orders is not that many. Ticketmaster can handle SPECIFIC time frames-- Why Couldn't KnC? The cost would be minimal for improved customer service. Though it IS a cost, I'll grant that.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:52:59 PM

Oh and would anyone else care to share why not only has the price of the Neptune gone up but the SHIPPING has too? Christ mate. Talk about gouging both new and existing.

What's the alternative?

Buy the same amount in BTC, and hold it, and/or trade with it. I made 30% BTC inrease over the past few days via trading.

Example...If you spend 18btc on a neptune, and let's say in a perfect world it turns out a total of 25, you've made 39%. And that's 3-6 months after my recent 30% increase. Likely, I will make more increases over time.

So yeah, the alternative is to do what I did, and be making profit.. today. I have no doubt the Neptune will be stupid powerful.. like connect it to a 3 phase outlet and it'll chug along at 6TH or something.. but with a sharp eye, you could take the same investment and do similar--if not better. The Neptune is just a lot easier.. plug it in and let it chug.

Likely you will panic sell when BTC takes the next dive.  Good luck!  I'll keep mining.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:00:33 PM

I understand that the first batch of Jupiters had to make over 70 coins to break even in BTC and that was going to be tough...  but how can you look at a Neptune and say that it will produce less than 10 coins.    My two jupiters today still create 1 coin a day (combined).      The risk is very different than it was with purchasing Jupiters when BTC was at $100.  

I have no doubt each Neptune will produce more than 10BTC which is what I paid.  

The price seems high when you compare it to other companies that took preorders but think about how much those customers paid in BTC.   30-40 BTC?  Definitely not 10 for over 3TH!   I would have loved to see Neptune priced at $6k but that is almost a joke when pricing it at 6BTC.

If you are in tune with the difficulty, the amount of estimated network hash to be delivered over the next 6 months, and the many other factors.. you could calculate and see why 3th might only make 10-15btc in 45 days, or 20 over its lifetime.

Likely you will panic sell when BTC takes the next dive.  Good luck!  I'll keep mining.

I have never--and will never--panic sell. But way to take a wild guess.

Panic selling is silly, especially with house money. I have nothing to lose, so my scripts and manual trading methods will continue to bank on the tried-and-true buy-high-sell-low. Yes, I have losses, but my net has been 300..400% since August. In BTC.

just for curiosity and for benchmarking purposes :
How many BTC are you doing per day with a Jupiter?
- 0.4 Per day at Slush for the past 7 days -

I make .24btc/day with less than 200gh on the same pool. What are you doing wrong?

reactor

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:01:55 PM

The biggest problem I'm seeing with KNC - why only the Neptune?  I won't lend my thoughts to the sales technique of giving previous customers a better price and more lead time than a normal Joe off the street, but w[here]tf are the more reasonable units in regards to power consumption?  There are a lot of folks who simply can't handle the type of power requirements that a Neptune needs, so while I could run a Saturn in every room of the house I rent due to an ingenious power arrangement, Neptune, even if my group wanted one, is just not possible.

Alright, I lied, so about the pricing...  So early adopters pay $10k, newbies $13k.  So they profit at least $3k per machine, of course a lot more since they wouldn't sell the first batch at-cost.  Meaning KNC is making a mint off of people, but it seems like they (along with others) have forgotten that there is a fucking gigantic market that is drying up for the hobbyist community of miners who want to be "in the game" but can't get a custom electric line placed into their location.  This is why Bitmain is selling every unit they produce in their "auctions" - you can't find something in the 100-400GH range readily available and people are jumping at the bit to get these things.  A reasonably priced batch of Saturn/Mercury type units would sell out no problem at this point since KNC is 'proven', but all their store shows is the Neptune.  

I don't know, seems to be a losing proposition since anyone who looks at KNC now that didn't previously order is likely in the "f this" camp and looking for a different vendor.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:02:50 PM

Why is KNC not like Ticketmaster?    UUUuuuh....

Ticketmaster looks a bit like this....

KNC support looks a bit like this:

One guy gets through, and hears a sexy swedish girl's voice...and you never get them off the phone!..

All they mentally see is this:

No wonder!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
xstr8guy

Activity: 784

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:16:54 PM

The biggest problem I'm seeing with KNC - why only the Neptune?  I won't lend my thoughts to the sales technique of giving previous customers a better price and more lead time than a normal Joe off the street, but w[here]tf are the more reasonable units in regards to power consumption?  There are a lot of folks who simply can't handle the type of power requirements that a Neptune needs, so while I could run a Saturn in every room of the house I rent due to an ingenious power arrangement, Neptune, even if my group wanted one, is just not possible.

Alright, I lied, so about the pricing...  So early adopters pay $10k, newbies $13k.  So they profit at least $3k per machine, of course a lot more since they wouldn't sell the first batch at-cost.  Meaning KNC is making a mint off of people, but it seems like they (along with others) have forgotten that there is a fucking gigantic market that is drying up for the hobbyist community of miners who want to be "in the game" but can't get a custom electric line placed into their location.  This is why Bitmain is selling every unit they produce in their "auctions" - you can't find something in the 100-400GH range readily available and people are jumping at the bit to get these things.  A reasonably priced batch of Saturn/Mercury type units would sell out no problem at this point since KNC is 'proven', but all their store shows is the Neptune.  

I don't know, seems to be a losing proposition since anyone who looks at KNC now that didn't previously order is likely in the "f this" camp and looking for a different vendor.

While I agree that KNC should offer less powerful miners, power consumption for anyone should not be a concern.  Just use a hosting provider if you're a renter or just unable to upgrade your panel.

I never liked the idea of using a hosting provider because I wanted to possess the actual equipment.  But now after dealing with a room full of gear (and growing), I'm seriously considering it.
BitcoinApprentice

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:20:24 PM

Who the hell got free boards or special treatment from KNC? And how and why did they get that treatment, freebies?

Also, some people are just passive and like to turn around and take it up the ass...that's just the way some people are, human, right?

[...]

Haters will be haters... Jealousy is retarded since someone getting freebies does not change *your* situation and Pheonix is in full disclosure so a big plus for that.
I got a free desert the other day when the restaurant screwed up. It was in Secret, so guess I better not disclose the terms of my failure-turned-success here. LOL.   While Phoenix's Customer Service win would be nice for KnC to duplicate, (since everyone tries to better their own situation) - you can be angry at your own Customer No-Service, but still be happy for where it's successful.  Kudos Phoenix, Que sara rest. 
reactor

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:30:33 PM

While I agree that KNC should offer less powerful miners, power consumption for anyone should not be a concern.  Just use a hosting provider if you're a renter or just unable to upgrade your panel.

I never liked the idea of using a hosting provider because I wanted to possess the actual equipment.  But now after dealing with a room full of gear (and growing), I'm seriously considering it.

Hosting provider puts a lot of trust in someone else to maintain, optimize, etc., etc., when this is all stuff I can do myself with spare time.  The hardware itself is part of the appeal, personally, which is why I handle all of the hardware for my group.  Like I said, we could run a Saturn, etc., in every single room of this house because of how power is distro'd.  But it somewhat saddens me that while I'm sitting on a pile of cash to invest in hardware and KNC has proven themselves to be a pretty reliable vendor, their option to go big or go home sucks because it is prohibitive to newcomers (who will likely get fleeced for first gen units in the usual "sell new folks hardware that will never ROI game" that so many are fond of) as well as folks who simply can't handle the power draw. 
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:30:45 PM

Why is KNC not like Ticketmaster?    UUUuuuh....

Ticketmaster looks a bit like this....

KNC support looks a bit like this:

One guy gets through, and hears a sexy swedish girl's voice...and you never get them off the phone!..

All they mentally see is this:

No wonder!

But the reality is more like this:

And they feel like this:

Pages: « 1 ... 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.