Bitcoin Forum
November 17, 2017, 07:59:14 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 [1284] 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3006398 times)
CYPER

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:31:54 PM

I wouldn't mind the the fire-sale boards, as they were supposedly going to existing customers. That said, I think it was shitty they were sold to Jupiter customers - first approval/dibs should have been given to Saturn & Mercury owners.

I kinda feel like if others got burned that way, they'd understand the points being made. For instance, instead of the Neptune being given a few days of 'early sales' to previous customers.. just open it up to the public all at once, and then say "oh, well we couldn't figure out how to limit it only to current customers".

Like they said about the modules.

The upgrade modules were also limited to early customers Wink

If this post helped you and you feel generous you know what to do: 1P9tXFy9bVgzrfPGeV7F8np26ZtFdCCWvz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:38:39 PM

They tell you that, but it wasn't so. Non customers were able to order them.

On top of that, they promised to limit them to Mercury/Saturn owners until they ran out or until there was no longer interest, at which point they were going to be opened up for sale to anyone.

Ended up claiming there was no feasible way to do any of this (apparently nobody understands how databases work over there), hence.. free for all to anyone who could hit the webpage order form.

CYPER

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:42:28 PM

They tell you that, but it wasn't so. Non customers were able to order them.

On top of that, they promised to limit them to Mercury/Saturn owners until they ran out or until there was no longer interest, at which point they were going to be opened up for sale to anyone.

Ended up claiming there was no feasible way to do any of this (apparently nobody understands how databases work over there), hence.. free for all to anyone who could hit the webpage order form.

I don't remember non-customers having access to them. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Also where did they promise "to limit them to Mercury/Saturn owners until they ran out or until there was no longer interest"?

If this post helped you and you feel generous you know what to do: 1P9tXFy9bVgzrfPGeV7F8np26ZtFdCCWvz
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:03:47 PM

Also where did they promise "to limit them to Mercury/Saturn owners until they ran out or until there was no longer interest"?

7 billion pages back. This topic has been discussed/re-discussed like 30 times. Orama had explained to us that the individuals in charge couldn't figure out how best to manage limiting the sale, so they round-table'd it and came to the conclusion to just let it be a free for all. If memory serves me.

Non-KNC owners on ebay had auctions up as soon as shipments hit their doorsteps, with some modules going for the cost of Mercuries. It was nuts. A lot of Jupe owners got them too. It seems like you only needed a KNC account from the early days when they first got their website up, and may not necessarily have needed to purchased prior equipment. A bug maybe?

I don't recall if there was a customer quantity limit. I just know it seemed like they only had a few, as they all sold in what, under 2 minutes. And that was IF you could hit their webpage.

j03

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 02:25:04 PM

A bit off topic, sorry, let me know if there's a better place:

It's been like a thousand pages since I posted here. First I'd like to make a big shout out to Bitcoinorama for convincing me that KnC was legit. You were right man and on behalf of myself, and my friends and family, thank you very! If you can do updates on the coming Neptunes that would be great (another thread? Or here?)

Anyways:

I'm looking for a batch 1 (October) Saturn, with 6 ASIC connections on the controller board. I would also consider a batch 2 (November) Saturn or a Saturn from either batch with only 4 ASIC connections on the controller board. Payment in BTC through escrow.

Please make an offer. Thanks.

1MYwxy8TniWL37y3ueG2cN6i5eQ49Fr19Q
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:51:24 PM

One of mine is getting really hot and one of the fans is not running.

One of the front intake fans?

My November unit had that problem when it was delivered.  It turned out that one of the blades was wedged against the shroud somehow (I guess one of the loose cooler fans hit it and did that).  I just pulled the blade free and it works fine now.

Have you checked to see if it turns freely by hand?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
de_ixie

Activity: 205

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:08:18 PM

The network protection promise only covers Dec/Jan/Feb, it doesn't cover the November Jupiters and upgrade boards.

Please note, this was posted on the 18th September 2013, and even then they knew they would be launching their new generation around March 2014

Your diatribe is entertaining as usual, but not sure what your point is other than another generic rant against the company Smiley

Are you against them selling more hardware or sticking to their promise?
Time will tell.

But let's just tidy up their spelling:
We would like to state that if any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February, we will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.
Let's simply the language:
We would like to state that if any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February, (which we know they will), we will continue to hock our shit. In other words, this "promise" means nothing.

In the same paragraph as the "promise", they have the disclaimer to break the promise as long as the sun rises in the east Grin

Their "promise" means they have a completely open door to ship as much as they want in December, January or February, which is what I was saying.

"we will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network"

And this is just bs. Flogging thousands of extra boxes does not protect customers share of the network unless they are ONLY selling to existing customers. Which is not the case. They are just flooding the market/network. This really translates to "we don't want to lose out on any money, but we'll make it seem like it's got something to do with ther good of customers". There is no way hocking miners to new entrants is protecting the customers who funded their business in the first place.

I wouldn't mind the the fire-sale boards, as they were supposedly going to existing customers. That said, I think it was shitty they were sold to Jupiter customers - first approval/dibs should have been given to Saturn & Mercury owners.

The batch of Nov jups did not show any awareness "that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again". It was "Fuck it, let's get some mo money".

And just to nit-pick "We will ship no devices in December 2013" - I think you'll find loads of devices went out the knc door in December  Grin

They've continued to fuck up every difficulty change since October, which does not help their original investors get a return on their devices.

I'm just speculating on their next move and I find it impossible to believe they won't try to flog something other than knobtune pre-orders for the next 7 months. I suppose I'm saying - if they are motivated by pure greed, which seems to be the case, a new batch of Jupiters is on the way. And this network protection promise isn't worth the fresh air it's printed on. Time will tell.

I seriously believe they try to walk the thin line between "customer/ network protection" and "company interests (profit)" - which absolutely makes sense to me. It is the same for all "big" companies - you need to find a certain balance between customers (we), staff (average Joe working for them) and owners (KnC Founders).

Right now I am under the impression they manage that difficult task not perfect - but quite good. Bringing all stakeholders in an acceptable balance is the high art of management.

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 1582

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:31:21 PM

I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHY KNC
NOT MAKE MORE NOVEMBER JUPITER

IS THE BEST COMPANY BY FAR

WHY MUST STOP THE PRODUCTION
AND LET OTHER STUPID COMPANY TO MAKE MACHINES

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

GO KNC GO
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Crypterium - Digital Mobile Cryptobank For Everyon

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:35:36 PM

Well why the hell did you up it to 3.30 volt

I  tried on my jupiter slowly up my boards because i had a die 0 issue board.
Knc asked me to try up the volts

While i was upping the volts in mini steps 2.00 , 2.05 nothing changed
Then i tried 2.10 and guess what the whole miner went berserk
Constant ajax errors and constant page errors in the status pages
It scared the hell out of me, and btw if you look well you see its - x.xxxx volt towards 0.0000 and upwards
So this means you start with -0.1121 or something and you up the power by making it -0.1113 means you up the voltage on that die 0.0008 volts.
when you go over 0.0000 its clearly easier to see.
However even at -0.1221 at 2.1 volts mine was completely messed up
This is clearly not something for me or my controller board is a brick.

Also i have no clue how warm / hot these boards are allowed
This far i have not been able to get 1 single hash increase out of this, and it clearly is makes the miner go berserk.
Ofcourse i have no clue what i am doing with this
There is ofcourse no explaning what is the right thing todo or how to see signs of problems.
knc has a habit of not providing info about anything, so we already getting used to not getting any by now.

I am also wondering why some boards show using 40 Amps and give with 31 watts  at 33 c
And the other board shows 44 amps with 35 watts and is 53 c

Makes me wonder why KnC didn't design ASIC temperature detection internal of the ASIC.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
de_ixie

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:35:55 PM

I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHY KNC
NOT MAKE MORE NOVEMBER JUPITER

IS THE BEST COMPANY BY FAR

WHY MUST STOP THE PRODUCTION
AND LET OTHER STUPID COMPANY TO MAKE MACHINES

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

GO KNC GO

Still 178 Neptunes - your last chance Wink

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:41:53 PM

It's been like a thousand pages since I posted here. First I'd like to make a big shout out to Bitcoinorama for convincing me that KnC was legit. You were right man and on behalf of myself, and my friends and family, thank you very! If you can do updates on the coming Neptunes that would be great (another thread? Or here?)

The most recent update is they cost $13k or so, plus fees, there's less than 130 left to purchase, and sometime between march and august of 2014 is when they will arrive, with a hashrate of 3-7TH, depending on how much power you can supply.

Best of luck.

de_ixie

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:42:40 PM

The most recent update is they cost $13k or so, plus fees, there's less than 130 left to purchase, and sometime between march and august of 2014 is when they will arrive, with a hashrate of 3-7TH, depending on how much power you can supply.

Best of luck.

Hahah - nice summary  Cheesy

www.bitcoin.de
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:45:26 PM

Best of luck.

Hahah - nice summary  Cheesy

LOL thanks.. executive summation is part of my job, every now and then I get it right. I believe KNC has the highest quality product, and my summary is on point. I just wish I had expendable reserves to get one.

de_ixie

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:52:36 PM

Best of luck.

Hahah - nice summary  Cheesy

LOL thanks.. executive summation is part of my job, every now and then I get it right. I believe KNC has the highest quality product, and my summary is on point. I just wish I had expendable reserves to get one.

Yeah - it makes so much more sense to summarize in ranges, not in fixed numbers - just add diff will be between 3 and 10 billion and BC/ USD between 0 and 10k and everyone can start to do his own calculation  Cool

www.bitcoin.de
merv77

Activity: 476

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:00:22 PM

how do you find out how many Neptunes are left?  I like to check it myself.

I wouldn't mind another but I may need couple more days to mine more BTC.

Should I just order now and pay later or do they cancel after a period of non payment?

thanks
merv77

Activity: 476

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:03:17 PM

Best of luck.

Where did you get August from? 

Isn't it Q1/Q2 which is Q1=Jan/Feb/Mar and Q2=Apr/May/Jun 2014
de_ixie

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:09:21 PM

how do you find out how many Neptunes are left?  I like to check it myself.

I wouldn't mind another but I may need couple more days to mine more BTC.

Should I just order now and pay later or do they cancel after a period of non payment?

thanks

Put 500 Neptunes in your shopping cart. It will tell you that only x are left.

Try your tactic - but no one can guarantee that. I guess they will be sold out by end of week.

www.bitcoin.de
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:12:56 PM

Does anyone know where I can buy more thermal blocks of the same size as what is in the November Jupiter that cover the new VRM's?  Mine didn't come with any and it performs like an October Jup.
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:17:32 PM

I believe they said shipment depended upon paid order, and paid orders took precedent over non paid orders. I don't believe you can just put one on order and wait 5 months. A week maybe.

Where did you get August from?  

Isn't it Q1/Q2 which is Q1=Jan/Feb/Mar and Q2=Apr/May/Jun 2014

First Batch (with many unknowns): Supposed to ship in September, ended up in Oct/November.

Second Batch (with everything figured out): They were to ship in November, ended up first week of December.

Presume June 2014 shipments to take place between July/August based on that history. So worst case scenario August 2014, best case (unlikely) is March 2014. So.. somewhere between there.

If I had to guess.. I would say at best, they will begin shipment in May.

Grix

Activity: 537

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 04:32:23 PM

First Batch (with many unknowns): Supposed to ship in September, ended up in Oct/November.

Second Batch (with everything figured out): They were to ship in November, ended up first week of December.

This is kinda misleading. First batch were supposed to ship by Oct 15, and they did ship around half of orders before that date. They never guaranteed anything in september, it was just best case scenario. And second batch started shipping late november, not early december.

Buy High Powered Lasers from BitLasers.com
BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
Pages: « 1 ... 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 [1284] 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.