Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 12:13:31 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 [1271] 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3007393 times)
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:29:12 PM

I had that same idea long before anyone received any miners, but then dropped it.
Might get some cheap 140mm fans and do it after all. Throw in a fan controller too.

you can either drop the fans to the crossbar like I showed here (44c in a 75f room with a top fan facing down)

or just get real simple and replace the heatsink with one of these (49c in a 75f room all by itself on a block of wood)

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xstr8guy

Activity: 784

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:51:55 PM

Can someone please upload the November-version (from Firmware kncminer-0.99-E.bin) of /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh ? Thanks!

https://www.kncminer.com/pages/firmware
CYPER

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:54:57 PM

you can either drop the fans to the crossbar like I showed here (44c in a 75f room with a top fan facing down)

I will move it at the front and drop the fan next time I switch them off, which will be soon as I am currently building a special cabinet for them.

I have a feeling that front metal wall is not helping, but rather stopping the fresh air to the back heatsinks.

If this post helped you and you feel generous you know what to do: 1P9tXFy9bVgzrfPGeV7F8np26ZtFdCCWvz
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 10:59:46 PM

Man it gets frigging tiresome reading through 10 pages of bitchiness all the time. Although if I had bad hardware and didn't get proper support I'd be bitching myself.

The big issue is all these miners are basically defective. You are suppose to receive your rig. Plug an ample ATX PSU to it and then configure it via the internal website. Nothing in the manual says to remove the cover and add fans or change anything around. You SHOULD NOT have to open it up, add fans, wires, plugs, adapters, thermal grease, vibrators, drill more holes, re-connect wires, change wires, NOTHING. It wasn't designed well, can't cool itself properly and some times needs more attention then my girlfriend. I constantly have to keep removing the top and putting it back on to control the temps. When I first bought one of the first bluray DVD players that I paid a fortune for I didn't have to open it up and add cooling fans to it and change the design around to make it run the way it should. I just plugged it in and it worked. That's what EVERY KNC miner "should" be like. You plug it in and it works. If it doesn't work properly by plugging it in and configuring the pool, then it should be considered defective.

Just imagine if KNC used those warranty seal stickers on their rigs. If you open up the top you would be forced to break that seal and then you void warranty instantly. We would all be in big trouble if that was the case.

I guess I'm just contributing to the BS drama I have to read every day between a few people here, and it gets real tiring. I'm a little upset also that BTC price is at $700, since I was a little spoiled when it stayed around $1000. I'm not a BTC hoarder or trader. I just sell what I make and that's it. I guess most people hoard their coin, maybe which I should do once in a while but whatever I sell is money I didn't have to begin with. And when people say they stayed up all night trading, what does that mean? Isn't it pretty simple, you buy when it is low and sell when high? Or are they buying/selling at real high speeds or something? I'm not a stock market person so it is hard for my small brain to comprehend.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Beans

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 11:11:53 PM

One of my unit appears to be corrupted and I can't ssh into it. Is there anyway to flash one? I thought these uses micro sd cards but I don't see one.

Easy2Mine

Activity: 686

PikcioChain ICO Starts on 24th of November

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:14:50 PM

Man it gets frigging tiresome reading through 10 pages of bitchiness all the time. Although if I had bad hardware and didn't get proper support I'd be bitching myself.

The big issue is all these miners are basically defective. You are suppose to receive your rig. Plug an ample ATX PSU to it and then configure it via the internal website. Nothing in the manual says to remove the cover and add fans or change anything around. You SHOULD NOT have to open it up, add fans, wires, plugs, adapters, thermal grease, vibrators, drill more holes, re-connect wires, change wires, NOTHING. It wasn't designed well, can't cool itself properly and some times needs more attention then my girlfriend. I constantly have to keep removing the top and putting it back on to control the temps. When I first bought one of the first bluray DVD players that I paid a fortune for I didn't have to open it up and add cooling fans to it and change the design around to make it run the way it should. I just plugged it in and it worked. That's what EVERY KNC miner "should" be like. You plug it in and it works. If it doesn't work properly by plugging it in and configuring the pool, then it should be considered defective.

Just imagine if KNC used those warranty seal stickers on their rigs. If you open up the top you would be forced to break that seal and then you void warranty instantly. We would all be in big trouble if that was the case.

I guess I'm just contributing to the BS drama I have to read every day between a few people here, and it gets real tiring. I'm a little upset also that BTC price is at $700, since I was a little spoiled when it stayed around $1000. I'm not a BTC hoarder or trader. I just sell what I make and that's it. I guess most people hoard their coin, maybe which I should do once in a while but whatever I sell is money I didn't have to begin with. And when people say they stayed up all night trading, what does that mean? Isn't it pretty simple, you buy when it is low and sell when high? Or are they buying/selling at real high speeds or something? I'm not a stock market person so it is hard for my small brain to comprehend.

Ever heard of bots?

███  █████
███  ██  ██
██    ██  ██
██  ███  ██
██  █  █  ██
      █  █  ██
██  █  █
██  █  █  ██
██  ███  ██
██  ██    ██
██  ██  ███
█████  ███
.PIKCIOCHAIN.                         ▄▄█████▄▄
                        ██▀     ▀██
                       ██  ▄███▄  ██
                      ██  ███████  ██
                      ██  ███████  ██
                       ██  ▀███▀  ██
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄███▄     ▄██
     ▄████████████▄ ▄██▀ ▀▀█████▀▀
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄              ▄▄▄▄▄
  ███▀            ▀███           ▄█████████▄
 ███▀              ▀███        ▄███▀▀   ▀▀██▀
███▀     ▄████▄     ▀███      ▄██▀
███     ████████     ████████████
███     ████████     ████████████
███▄     ▀████▀     ▄███      ▀██▄
 ███▄              ▄███        ▀███▄▄   ▄▄██▄
  ███▄            ▄███           ▀█████████▀
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀               ▀▀▀▀▀
     ▀████████████▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███  ███
███  █  █
█      █  █
█  ███  █
█  █  █  █
    █  █  █
█  █  █
█  █  █  █
█  ███  █
█  █      █
█  █  ███
███  ███

███  ███
███  █  █
█      █  █
█  ███  █
█  █  █  █
    █  █  █
█  █  █
█  █  █  █
█  ███  █
█  █      █
█  █  ███
███  ███

███  █████
███  ██  ██
██    ██  ██
██  ███  ██
██  █  █  ██
      █  █  ██
██  █  █
██  █  █  ██
██  ███  ██
██  ██    ██
██  ██  ███
█████  ███
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:21:03 PM

One of my unit appears to be corrupted and I can't ssh into it. Is there anyway to flash one? I thought these uses micro sd cards but I don't see one.
Ensure you have "Enable SSH" selected in the web interface - sometimes it unticks itself when you flash or reset things.

Otherwise, microsd goes in the slot on the top of the beaglebone.

Scroll down to the post by Araaf, contains all the details on how to work via microsd and a link to image of 0.95 build. I have this on a microsd and have used it several times.
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/10074-erm-1gh-s/page2

You just need the first couple of steps.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:23:21 PM

ASIC miners are not "consumer products".  They are cutting edge bitcoin mining hardware.  When I start seeing them on display at Target, that's when we can start demanding properly working devices, lol.

Btw, do you have any other ASIC miners?  They all have their quirks and often require babysitting.  Although I do have to say that my ASICMiner Blades and BFL Singles pretty much hash away with very little attention.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:48:15 PM

Never gonna happen, considering this is often how they arrive  Cheesy

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1saa7x/psa_open_your_knc_miner_before_you_turn_it_on_it/

P.S. While you are laughing https://twitter.com/HashFast/status/409148832568459264

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1680

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:52:47 PM

Never gonna happen, considering this is often how they arrive  Cheesy

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1saa7x/psa_open_your_knc_miner_before_you_turn_it_on_it/

P.S. While you are laughing https://twitter.com/HashFast/status/409148832568459264

I like the look of those new vrm's
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1176

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 12:59:38 AM

It's an interesting question to ask a shill - do you sleep well at night?

Actually, I'm an insomniac, and I'm up trading on the exchanges, taking advantage of the price drop...did great!....thanks for asking!   In- between trades, thought I'd get a peek in here ... glad I did. You are enough to wake me back up at 350am with a chuckle watching you utter the same old rhetoric over & over somehow thinking it's gonna help...thx!

Cust Serv are allowed to sleep. They are also allowed weekends off. The rest of us, not so lucky, although I suffer from insomnia.

Seems to be a common problem for knc shills. I guess you don't sleep well at night. Somewhere in your psyche you know it wrong and it keeps you awake.

Insomnia doesn't discriminate, though I've seen a lot of clever folks who deal with it. I'm a night person. I can sleep just fine in the morning. But life isn't really allowing that right now, so insomnia it is. Grumble.

Buy Bitcoins with Paypal, Credit card, or other methods. Send me a PM or a text to 208-451-2665.
CYPER

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:14:38 AM

ASIC miners are not "consumer products".  They are cutting edge bitcoin mining hardware.  When I start seeing them on display at Target, that's when we can start demanding properly working devices, lol.

Btw, do you have any other ASIC miners?  They all have their quirks and often require babysitting.  Although I do have to say that my ASICMiner Blades and BFL Singles pretty much hash away with very little attention.

I don't know what god forbidden outlawed country you live in, but here in Europe we have consumer and business laws and according to these one is fully entitled to expect a properly working device regardless of the price paid.

I don't find it normal to fix a product that I paid 5K for.

If this post helped you and you feel generous you know what to do: 1P9tXFy9bVgzrfPGeV7F8np26ZtFdCCWvz
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:58:37 AM

I don't know what god forbidden outlawed country you live in, but here in Europe we have consumer and business laws and according to these one is fully entitled to expect a properly working device regardless of the price paid.

Ugh! Do I not explain myself well?  Of course it's not ok that ASIC miners sometimes don't work properly and we should have some recourse when they malfunction.

But... now here's the point... these aren't the same as an Xbox or a Blu-Ray players (do they still make those?  Lol).  They simply are not a standard consumer electronic device.  We are all in a mad rush and we demand them from the manufactures before they can even sort out their testing, assembly, shipping, customer support, etc.  There is just no way around it, we are going get some janky crap once in awhile.  And much of the time, we are left to sort it out for ourselves for whatever reason.  Involving governmental agencies and/or attorneys just isn't practical for most of us.  So we just take it.

No, it's not the way it should be.  But it is our reality.  So if someone doesn't have the stomach for it, they are welcome to sit and watch our reindeer games from the sidelines.
Beans

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 02:06:56 AM

Ensure you have "Enable SSH" selected in the web interface - sometimes it unticks itself when you flash or reset things.

Otherwise, microsd goes in the slot on the top of the beaglebone.

Scroll down to the post by Araaf, contains all the details on how to work via microsd and a link to image of 0.95 build. I have this on a microsd and have used it several times.
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/10074-erm-1gh-s/page2

You just need the first couple of steps.

I can't get to the web interface.

Is there copy of the image that works on the November units?

DPoS

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:14:40 AM

hilarious  +1

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1176

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:25:37 AM

Ugh! Do I not explain myself well?  Of course it's not ok that ASIC miners sometimes don't work properly and we should have some recourse when they malfunction.

But... now here's the point... these aren't the same as an Xbox or a Blu-Ray players (do they still make those?  Lol).  They simply are not a standard consumer electronic device.  We are all in a mad rush and we demand them from the manufactures before they can even sort out their testing, assembly, shipping, customer support, etc.  There is just no way around it, we are going get some janky crap once in awhile.  And much of the time, we are left to sort it out for ourselves for whatever reason.  Involving governmental agencies and/or attorneys just isn't practical for most of us.  So we just take it.

No, it's not the way it should be.  But it is our reality.  So if someone doesn't have the stomach for it, they are welcome to sit and watch our reindeer games from the sidelines.

This.

I grew up during the beginning of the computer revolution. By comparison, from my observations, the KNC devices are free of defect. The early "consumer" computers did not function without tinkering. My first computer was an IMSAI Altair. I still have fond memories of that machine, even though my watch has a much more powerful processor now. But it was not "plug it in and it works". You had to have quite a bit of knowledge JUST to plug it in! And then you had to get it to talk to a terminal (Televideo 101 in my case). Then, if you wanted to retain any of your data, you had to either build a floppy disk controller or a tape deck controller on an S-100 template (or spend a few hundred 1974 dollars to have someone do it) by hand, build a cable to interface with the damn thing, and hope it worked. THEN you had to code in a bootstrap routine (again, by hand, often by punch card in those days, though I used the terminal). From there you could program in such cool things as terminal emulation, or get a C/PM OS which had it built in (but not the basic bootstrap, that had to be hand coded) and connect up to your high speed 140 baud modem.

It was a great time, despite how it sounds now. My ONLY problem with these highly experimental ASIC devices is that I couldn't raise the money to get one. If I had, I'd be having a blast tweaking it.

Let's face it, Bitcoin is in itself a grand experiment. It's as fraught with danger of failure as early computers. When I was a kid, mos people thought that computers were strange, and never would amount to anything. Now everyone has one and we live in a wired world. Bitcoin is where computers were in the early '70s. If it succeeds, yeah, there will be properly tested machines at walmart. But that time is in the future. Those of you who got in on it now are the vanguard. It may end in failure and ashes, but it might blow up the way computers did. Either way, you'll have one hell of a story to tell your kids. They won't believe you, just like my son don't believe there was a time without the internet or personal computers or CD's...

But you will know. And you'll remember the tribulations of the early days in a way different light than the current frustration. IBM, Intel and Microsoft didn't change the world, they just provided the tools. WE changed the world.

Buy Bitcoins with Paypal, Credit card, or other methods. Send me a PM or a text to 208-451-2665.
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:43:42 AM

just wanted to say that my kncminer Saturn now a grown up Jupiter has found its second block....funny, in my time mining have dug up about close to 50btc, which is what 2 blocks currently pay if you solo mine although solo mining most likely would have not led to those 2 blocks being found....

anyway...back to the arguments at hand......
sbfree

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:49:06 AM

well the apply warmer temps theory i believe first mentioned by the now not mining but just waiting w/ phat cash wallet phoenix69 continues w/ merit....

my jupiter is at 604GH/s on btc guild....the weak chip is at 51 degrees while the others are in high 60's.....

ps, mine is first batch
sbfree

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:50:19 AM

so avenger, when fans arrive off from units....that might be part of the plan Tongue
DPoS

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:07:48 AM

I like the look of those new vrm's

me too, I notice 8 each eh?  hmmmmm  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 ... 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 [1271] 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.