Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:53:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
Rora

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:19:51 AM

We will find out on monday!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

We will find out on monday!

You will be at their office to take photos and videos? would you?
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:19:11 AM

So essentially we are waiting until Monday to see if any of the community members were able to validate their claims on the "Mars" project? I would feel a lot more comfortable with placing an order if a respected member has checked, photographed and documented the authenticity behind the company. And these models should ship out in roughly 2 months? Followed by "Jupiter" in September?

They have the processor info up for the Mars one - an Alterra Cyclone IV 115K - 48 chips - over 6GH/s (125Mh/s each) is definitely on track.  Don't know about the others.

Maybe this was discussed earlier in the thread but I'd like to know why they choose that FPGA for their lowest model.  Consumer end rather than by wafer runs over $300 per.  Why not a Xilinx Artix 7 215K which runs around $230 consumer price?  A Kintex 7 326K is known to run around 350-400Mh/s and the 65K around 100Mh/s so a conservative estimate would be over 200Mh/s out of each.

Easy: ORSoC has a design for the Cyclone. If ORSoC has a design, they can adapt it probably faster than starting from scratch, which is cheaper (they have no seed capital to speak of, at least nothing published). Then, ORSoC is working with eASIC who can turn your FPGA design into an ASIC. It sounds like a plan to me.

There are a few hurdles though. The first one is the obvious lack of money. The second one I can see is that eASIC hasn't produced the 28nm ASIC KnC would be using yet - the technology hadn't been officially released when I checked a few days ago (so the Jupiter might not look so hot when it's finally in production). The third issue is that their Mars has the same price/performance ratio as ASICMINER's blades but uses more electricity (the only reason to buy a Mars, since it's not yet available,  would be to get a 2K discount on the Jupiter - a lock in for future sales).
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:30:06 AM

So much (healthy) skepticism in this thread. As someone said, lots of green signals and no red ones here. This is not an attempt at scamming the community. The only question is whether they can deliver; they're obviously on the up and up on their intentions.

Since so many of you feel that they won't deliver, why haven't I seen anyone willing to sell their KNC pre-order?

Let's go, let's have it, who's got one and is now ready to sell it off? If you're convinced it's not worth it, should go cheap too, eh? Let's start some bidding, say 0.005 btc for a pre-order? Since some of you are convinced, apparently, that these pre-orders are less than worthless, and undoubtedly some of the so-convinced have pre-orders, why not?

Penny for your thoughts--dollar for your pre-order.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 07:52:34 AM

So much (healthy) skepticism in this thread. As someone said, lots of green signals and no red ones here. This is not an attempt at scamming the community. The only question is whether they can deliver; they're obviously on the up and up on their intentions.

Since so many of you feel that they won't deliver, why haven't I seen anyone willing to sell their KNC pre-order?

Let's go, let's have it, who's got one and is now ready to sell it off? If you're convinced it's not worth it, should go cheap too, eh? Let's start some bidding, say 0.005 btc for a pre-order? Since some of you are convinced, apparently, that these pre-orders are less than worthless, and undoubtedly some of the so-convinced have pre-orders, why not?

I ain't selling shit! But I will give it you. PM me if you want it. Seriously! I only signed up to get updates, something I can easily do by resigning up regardless of the order number.
KS

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:03:54 AM

Right, no red flags.

It's absolutely not risky.
Miracek

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:47:47 AM

I guess technically he's right.  if no money has been provided, is it really a pre order?
pitchbend

Activity: 242

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:23:00 AM

No. but I guess you need a preorder lower than 500 when they start accepting payments if you want to be in the first 500.

Anyhow I'm not sure what that guy is trying to sell, an unpaid preorder tied to his name/account of a product that doesn't exists yet...

If you haven't paid anything, you don't have a preorder.

Did anyone pay anything to kncminer yet?
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 11:16:13 AM

Wait a minute!

This is great!! We can sell the pre order that we havent paid for ...
This iiiis ground breaking.. lolz

brilliant!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DPKf7y1F-Q

Batch #1 pre order #1 $10k tomorrow???

I swear to god, if you guys copy my ebay listing.. lolz

KNCMINER BATCH ONE PREORDER POSITION
 KNCMINER BATCH ONE PREORDER PLACE IN LINE
   KNCMINER BATCH ONE PREORDER STEP 1/8

hmmm whats a good title..

Crouching pre order... hidden asic.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
KS

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:20:54 AM

Wait a minute!

This is great!! We can sell the pre order that we havent paid for ...
This iiiis ground breaking.. lolz

brilliant!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DPKf7y1F-Q

Batch #1 pre order #1 $10k tomorrow???

I swear to god, if you guys copy my ebay listing.. lolz

KNCMINER BATCH ONE PREORDER POSITION
 KNCMINER BATCH ONE PREORDER PLACE IN LINE
   KNCMINER BATCH ONE PREORDER STEP 1/8

hmmm whats a good title..

Crouching pre order... hidden asic.

^^beat me to it!
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:38:04 PM

I just received a response from Sam and I will participate their demo

You know that almost no one works during summer in Sweden, this is maybe the worst timing for a swedish company, unless most of their operations have been outsourced to other countries  Cheesy

dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:20:04 PM

You know that almost no one works during summer in Sweden, this is maybe the worst timing for a Swedish company, unless most of their operations have been outsourced to other countries  Cheesy

Good that you are going to view their live demo and I hope others living in Stockholm or Sweden could make it. If they don't outsource how
would they meet the dateline??

Please prepare to take pictures and videos of their factory/office and their FPGA miners. Asked as much questions you possibly can on the Asic Miner and their progress on the litecoin FPGA Miner : ) Most important can they meet the September 2013 dateline. When is the 350gh/s Asic prototype Miner going to be out? July 2013??
glowkeeper

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 01:30:02 PM

You know that almost no one works during summer in Sweden, this is maybe the worst timing for a Swedish company, unless most of their operations have been outsourced to other countries  Cheesy

Good that you are going to view their live demo and I hope others living in Stockholm or Sweden could make it. If they don't outsource how

Please prepare to take pictures and videos of their factory/office and their FPGA miners. Asked as much questions you possibly can on the Asic Miner and their progress on the litecoin FPGA Miner : ) Most important can they meet the September 2013 dateline. When is the 350gh/s Asic prototype Miner going to be out? July 2013??

+1
Rora

Activity: 244

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:50:38 PM

+1
+2

Thanks for going through to the demo for those of us that cant. This will be a make or break for KNCmining. If they pull this off and show that they have indeed made progress, they will be in for a HUGE order listing. Heres hoping!
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:58:31 PM

+3

Massively appreciated and please some clear pics, I'm sure you're aware of how confusion in this forum spreads to doubt, fear, rage, general insanity and unfounded accusations etc. etc.

Now that's out of the way, I have some replies to share with respect to;

Litecoin FPGA, Hosting, VAT issues and the mystery of the €5,000...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:01:10 PM

Litecoin FPGA
---------------

I queried the following:

I realise I've probably become a bit of a headache requesting an LTC miner, but i'm very grateful you've genuinely considered it. I understand it's not a priority to focus on it now and that time is of the essence to bering the proposed Bitcoin Asics to market. I'm glad to hear that will be focused upon.

One thing that wasn't answered in the newsletter and I would like answered, is that should you make an LTC miner at a future date would it be possible to trade in the Bitcoin FPGA for the revised LTC FPGA, or transfer the chips to the new board? As opposed to a completely new purchase?

----------------

As for the litecoin FPGA box, it will be sold as a single item and not tied into any bitcoin device currently. We are looking at running it in parallel with Jupiter but there will be no swap out with mars.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:02:42 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 04:13:19 PM by Bitcoinorama

VAT and customers outside Europe that were confused between that and their own sales tax / import duty
-----------------

Was having a chat in the Bitcointalk thread about VAT and becoming a business w.r.t. mining - mildly off topic, but something then occurred to me which does concern you.

Sweden's VAT is quite high, and you need to pay that on each individual part, so a complication exists that means it surely becomes more effective from a price standpoint to purchase the components and have them assembled abroad and then import the completed product.

This was a similar issue faced when designing the Rasberry Pi, they overcame this by having the parts sources and the product manufactured in China.

Is this your intention?

-----------------

Your other email about VAT.

As we import items into the EU technically its cheaper to pay the % cost on the cheaper items rather than the same percentage on a larger item. And things like heat sinks and interfaces and power distribution parts are already in the EU. So its technically cheaper for us to pay a Swedish company to do the final assembly.

Then comes the shipment to the customers. The customers are divided into three piles

Outside the EU
Businesses inside the EU
Consumers inside the EU

Outside the EU

We simply ship them the box and they pay all the appropriate import taxes at the border of the importing country.

Businesses inside the EU.

All businesses have a valid VAT number on entering that into our shop the VAT tax will simply not be added to the bill. That's a very good thing and its called charge back. We simply report all the vat numbers that have purchased products from us and that's it.

Consumers inside the EU

This one is messy😊 every country has a limit of how much we can sell to residents of that country without having to register locally for VAT there. For Example. The UK has 70,000 EUR limit. So if I ship goods to the UK and the total yearly amount is under 70,000 I charge Swedish vat and give the money to the Swedish government. But as soon as I'm one cent over. I have to have a UK vat number and fill out a vat return in the UK and pay all of the VAT I collect to the UK government.

There is a different amount for every country and it gets quite complex quite quickly as you can imagine.

What I would say to you is register as a sole trader. Claim back any vat you pay on anything you buy and or rent that has anything to do with bitcoins. Then pay the tax when/if you ever change it back into pounds and bring it into the UK.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:15:35 PM

A response concerning scepticism pertaining to our internet sleuths, can't remember whether it was Phin or KS.
----------

This wasn't queried, but it was cool to have it cleared up, basically carried on from the VAT Q;
----------

I also saw in the thread that people think my business with Andreas has a value of 5000EUR. That is the price it costs to register an AB(limited company)

And we have not filed a yearly return yet because its not due:)

Also if you look on our about us page there are 5 of us on there. 3 from ORSoC and me and Andreas.

We all started KNCMiner together so I think people have assumed some things and pieced that together with other things to complete a puzzle that doesn't quite resemble the truth any more.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:17:06 PM

Hosting
--------

Not really much to say on this, there was a cool idea floating about before, but still waiting to hear if that's a definite;
--------

As for hosting we still have not gotten all the required items and paperwork which allow us to finalize the costs and therefore the price. This brings me back to one of my rules of never over promising. So it will most likely be in the next news letter.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:37:21 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 04:49:55 PM by Bitcoinorama

I think it would be a good idea to have some questions prepped for JohnyJ to ask KnC(if he doesn't mind).

Obviously with the Swedes' worshiping the semi-permanent sunlight they get for the summer months causing an acknowledged lackluster in productivity (according to JJ), will this in anyway affect the design and manufacture of their Saturn and Jupiter miners? And, what realistically, are the chances of having those devices delivered in September?

How can they be confident this will happen when both BFL and apparently Avalon have had issues delaying their production beyond reasonable expectations?

These are questions I'd appreciate someone having answered in person. Any more ideas?
--

Also do Tosku and Defxor's friend still want to attend? I'd appreciate more eyes and opinions...Wink

--
EDIT: Sorry just saw Dan99 had wanted the following asked:

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: