Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:59:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:09:25 PM

I'm grateful for his work but his attitude is total shit.

meeh, sadly I must agree with you at this point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:10:21 PM

I concur.
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:35:51 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 06:49:56 PM by nottm28

I concur.

Indeed, he'd never hold down a dev role IRL with an attitude as such...

donations not accepted
rizzman

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:45:57 PM

Open source is Open source,

If you cry about receiving free loot/payments/donations then don't make it open source.

Simple as that.

+2
+3

All you need on your open source page is "I will attempt to support all the devices I can, so any manufacturer donation equipment would further this along. Otherwise I happily take donations to buy hardware so that I may support it" Otherwise having OSS's it not much else you can do.

THAT... was a completely douche bag comment. And anyone who +1'd shares that shame... This is the most ignorant comment I have seen on here to date. Perhaps you would like to pay Microsoft or some other BS For Profit company a licensing fee, so that you can pay them for each miner you install it on? sound good?...  Kano and ckolivas have saved each and every one of us that use his software what could potentially had been millions of dollars by not putting a price on his software.

Take the sticks out of your asses and show a little gratitude.

You are a complete moron if you think they are the only ones capable of designing such software.

You don't see Luke_Jr coming on here with a God Complex yelling that everyone should give him a free miner.

If he wanted to be paid for his services and not with "donations" he should have a licensing fee and then others would come along and make their own open source software.

Get your head out of their ass fanboy,

No one said shit about capability, if you would read before you spoke you would see that the comment was distinctly pointed at your asshole comment and its lack of any kind of gratitude whatsoever to someone who actually did something to contribute to the community. There are plenty of people out there that are very capable of creating software like cgminer, and are also very capable of charging you out the ass for it!

Regardless of if he is whining or not, a little appreciation is in order especially considering his work probably is and/or will be putting money into your pocket when your shiny new miner comes preconfigured with HIS software.

[Edit]
... And yes, your damn right. I am a fanboy of anyone who gives me a product which is superior to every other option out there and doesn't charge me a dime for it...
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:02:25 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/kncminer-offers-free-speed-increase-first-bitcoin-miner-shipments/

Sam Cole, co-founder of KnCMiner, said the fabrication process of the chips has been completed and they are now on their way to an assembly house in Asia, before being shipped to KnCMiner’s offices in Sweden in around six days’ time

The more important bit of info from this is that, as believed by some of us here to begin with, KNC is having folks physically transport the chips during these transits, in order to bypass customs delays.

Where exactly did you read that? I certainly dont read it in the quoted paragraph. "they" clearly refers to the chips and the verb "shipping" implies something else as travelling. Have you ever been "shipped" ?

you just exposed yourself as a clown AGAIN..  let's bet on KNC having personal couriers ok??  money where your brainfart right?

I think there MAY be misunderstanding here...  Just so it's clear, I gotta say this...When Sam says...
"KNC is having folks physically transport the chips during these transits, in order to bypass customs delays."... He is referring to incoming chips for the miners, NOT outgoing complete miners from Sweden to your home... Think about that for a second...     Tongue

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
r1senfa17h

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:35:34 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/kncminer-offers-free-speed-increase-first-bitcoin-miner-shipments/

Sam Cole, co-founder of KnCMiner, said the fabrication process of the chips has been completed and they are now on their way to an assembly house in Asia, before being shipped to KnCMiner’s offices in Sweden in around six days’ time

The more important bit of info from this is that, as believed by some of us here to begin with, KNC is having folks physically transport the chips during these transits, in order to bypass customs delays.

Where exactly did you read that? I certainly dont read it in the quoted paragraph. "they" clearly refers to the chips and the verb "shipping" implies something else as travelling. Have you ever been "shipped" ?

you just exposed yourself as a clown AGAIN..  let's bet on KNC having personal couriers ok??  money where your brainfart right?

I think there MAY be misunderstanding here...  Just so it's clear, I gotta say this...When Sam says...
"KNC is having folks physically transport the chips during these transits, in order to bypass customs delays."... He is referring to incoming chips for the miners, NOT outgoing complete miners from Sweden to your home... Think about that for a second...     Tongue

You're correct, obviously.

1N3o5Kyvb4iECiJ3WKScKY8xTVXxf1hMvA
qiuness

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:42:40 PM

i wonder how come it is just me who thinks with all the other companies shipping in the coming months the increase in diff will jump higher then 75%/months thus making all our orders, well.. useless..
This is not another diff/return post, but honestly we just reached 1PH the other day...Cointerra Expects to Deliver 2 PH/s in December which is ... emm 200% increase of today's diff + all the other manufacturers who of course might add another 2-4PH. Translated that would mean that the leveling of the difficulty will hit somewhere around February if we are lucky, and by that time your asic is only doing scraps.

Again i`m not looking for calculations, but maybe i`m missing something, or have i?
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:48:11 PM

Wafer-chip... same thing.. wafer is just a whole bunch of chips not cut out..

And not packaged...
Not a small difference, ask BFL.

BFL ain't really a valid comparison. They did EVERYTHING bass ackwards, as near as I can tell.

The chips were designed in partnership with OrSOC, who already have a long standing agreement and history with the fabs. It is unlikely, due to past history, that they will have problems with customs. BFL and Avalon were unknowns to the authorities. One is a startup with a bad rep, the other a group of students with NO rep. OrSOC is an established entity with a decade of experience, and likely has dealt with the customs agents in the country of origin many times.

Also, on the Avalon side, there is a long standing enmity between the ROC and PRC, so they might hang up things coming from Taiwan to Hong Kong just because they can, whereas Taiwan and Sweden have no negative history, thus are less likely to be targeted.

All of the above, regarding customs, is speculation on my part, but it's based on my knowledge of the countries involved. I don't see it likely that customs will be a hangup. I have purchased things from Taiwan via internet directly to the US, a much longer delivery, and had NO problems. And I am not a well respected electronics design company or their affiliate. The possibility always exists, but it's pretty much worrying for the sake of worrying.

Further, all of these concerns apply to the other ASIC manufacturers as well. If customs is LIKELY to delay them, then they are likely to delay them all. Since KNC is the first on the market with 28nm, and if they are not hung up by externalities will be the second to deliver on promised time, then why sweat the externalities? It does your sleep no good at all.

I am not entirely convinced that Avalon really did have customs problems, other than the documented thing with PSU's. They acted in a distinctly shady manner after batch 1, so it could be a CYA move on their part to blame customs. FWIW.

If one is delayed by customs out of taiwan, it's likely all will be if they use that fab. If they aren't, then the only delays are internal. They claim to be on track to avoid the internal ones. We're looking at about a week and a half according to that update. CHILL.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:53:52 PM

i wonder how come it is just me who thinks with all the other companies shipping in the coming months the increase in diff will jump higher then 75%/months thus making all our orders, well.. useless..
This is not another diff/return post, but honestly we just reached 1PH the other day...Cointerra Expects to Deliver 2 PH/s in December which is ... emm 200% increase of today's diff + all the other manufacturers who of course might add another 2-4PH. Translated that would mean that the leveling of the difficulty will hit somewhere around February if we are lucky, and by that time your asic is only doing scraps.

Again i`m not looking for calculations, but maybe i`m missing something, or have i?

Yeah you dont understand how asic mining market works. Let me explain: you place a preorder with any of a dozen manufacturers that combined are promising in excess of 10PH this year alone. The company you place your order with is obviously among the one or two companies that will indeed ship roughly as promised, the rest are just selling vaporware,  and you will be among the first to receive your unit. So you make a killer profit and everybody else gets screwed. Thats how it works.. for ahm.. for everyone. Get it ?
murmur

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:57:02 PM

http://s23.postimg.org/ko4q1q063/bflknc.png
Josh about the knc announcment  Cheesy
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:04:57 PM

Josh about the knc announcment  Cheesy

The irony; someone who has proven consistently grasp the meaning of 'two weeks', still claiming to have an understanding of 'two weeks'. Grin

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:09:12 PM

36 members strong at the 50btc KNCMiner team! However only about 6 are doing any hashing/submitting shares. Join up but actually start hashing please!!!

https://50btc.com/teams/view/4206
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:09:20 PM

BFL ain't really a valid comparison. They did EVERYTHING bass ackwards, as near as I can tell.

Sure, but thats easy to say after the facts. You can dismiss BFL track record all you want, fact is no one so far has managed to deploy, let alone ship a bitcoin miner in anything remotely close to 2 weeks after receiving first silicon (heck, I cant think of ANY consumer computing device); and I will be quite surprised if anyone will. KNC may not screw up as badly as BFL did, they may achieve a minor miracle, or they may screw up much worse than BFL; fact is they havent proven shit yet so far and their timeline seems every bit as fantastical to me as Josh's endless updates with "2-4 week" promises.

Further, all of these concerns apply to the other ASIC manufacturers as well.

Absolutely; Im also not believing the promised mass shipments in december from companies that havent even taped out yet today. The sad reality is that over-promising earns you a lot more money in the current market than over delivering.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:11:16 PM

Josh about the knc announcment  Cheesy

ohh, Inaba again with his 2 weeks™ statement. I really think, that this stupid is somehow mentally crippled. maybe we need PG here to figure out this.)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:11:33 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283820.0

I would say 6 PH/s by end of 2013 to be VERY conservative at this point and we probably are looking at 10 to 15 PH/s by end of Q1 2014.  Beyond that it really is hard to say but honestly you should be considering this to be the bare minimum network speed and if it comes up short take any reduction in difficulty as a gift.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:12:50 PM

Josh about the knc announcment  Cheesy

The irony; someone who has proven consistently grasp the meaning of 'two weeks', still claiming to have an understanding of 'two weeks'. Grin
He need to change that line to 14 days.
FoxMURDER

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:13:53 PM

btw. does anyone remember the early estimates by people, that KnC need to clock their chips at 520MHz to achieve 100GHps? Didn't KnC mention somewhere that they're clocking it around 1GHz? That math is quite interesting... Cheesy

Dreaming is nice, isn't it? Smiley
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:13:53 PM

Sure, but thats easy to say after the facts. You can dismiss BFL track record all you want, fact is no one so far has managed to deploy, let alone ship a bitcoin miner in anything remotely close to 2 weeks after receiving first silicon (heck, I cant think of ANY consumer computing device); and I will be quite surprised if anyone will.

I am pretty sure if was 2-3 weeks from the time Bitfury resellers received chips to the time the first orders went out.  Note Bitfury sold no boards to the public all miners sold to the public came from one of three partners/distributors who bought chips wholesale and did their own assembly, and delivery.  Essentially acting as OEMs much like how AMD doesn't sell any graphics cards to the public.

So yes 2 weeks is aggressive but reality is closer to 2 weeks then the 6+ months nonsense that BFL has used as an excuse.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:31:05 PM

I concur.

Indeed, he'd never hold down a dev role IRL with an attitude as such...

Can't help but chime in and agree.
qiuness

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:35:28 PM

i have 2 jupiters in the first batch, but i`m thinking about canceling at least 1 of them

i would keep them if i`d get some kind of refund (as the october ones come in discounted)
Pages: « 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: