Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:58:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 [520] 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
cognoscente

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:59:27 PM

rama I am dissapointed in you.

Constantly defending with 'I don't work for them' while technically true has an air of deception IMneverHO.

The unsaid implication that your opinion is/was unbiased can no longer be alluded to.

I doubt I'm alone.

+1 Integrity is as integrity does.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:00:02 PM

Constantly defending with 'I don't work for them' while technically true has an air of deception IMneverHO.

The unsaid implication that your opinion is/was unbiased can no longer be alluded to.

I doubt I'm alone.

I don't bloody work with them. I went and reviewed them with an interest to invest money, and possibly time if they tick all the right boxes. I have remained unbiased with the exception I bought into a few of their products, stated, and the fact I gelled with Andreas and Sam, subsequent they have been asking me frequently when I'd consider working. My statement has always remained the same; come good on your promise to deliver as stated and we'll talk.

Marcus I especially get on with, the guy is a superstar. He is not your standard IC geek, for sure they employ some that fit that archetype but Marcus has tonne of personality and we both share a love for snowboarding/skiing, and have kept in contact since. i've for sure known a lot pf what's going on behind the scenes, but that's not for me to say. No NDA's were ever forced, and I would never have signed one anyway. Unless it's between two parties only, it's worthless. Again always stated that openly here. If you think I've done anything more underhand that exactly as I have stated all along, you are wrong. My hands are clean and I've been totally open, my conscience is totally clear, and I do not understand what the problem is. Nothing has changed, I've been straight down the line with everybody, especially the Bitcointalk community.

KnC is not the only company to approach me, neither are they the only 28nm company. I've had a couple of approaches made that would surprise you once I stated at the time I was keen on getting involved on a professional level with Bitcoin. I have always ascertained I'm only interested in a company that behaves with integrity, if KnC adopt the mantra of under promising, and over delivering then I'd be keen.

As far as any predictions I have made, they've been backed up with evidence and logic, and both surprisingly, and unsurprisingly I have been correct everytime. Only the Bitsyncom thing I never saw happening, I thought the many hands within the group buy/DIY set could cause problems, but they were for the most part exemplary, and inexplicably Bitsyncom fell to pieces.

I really don't see what you have to be disappointed with. I did what I said I did, proved the company existed, packed with engineering talent, and had the ability to build a 28nm ASIC before anyone else, and pointed out potential pitfalls, warts and all. This gave you enough ammo to make a decision based on fact, or delve deeper yourself. I never told you to do anything else, I merely shared my own thought process and aired my own concerns, ensuring we all had a fair and secure payment method as a choice. I picked the holes in other more shady competitors like XCrowd, where upon I received a load of flack, and they then unravelled into a scam unable to operate. Their products were entirely unfeasible, likewise other product offerings are entirely unfair to the buyer.

People are now armed with better judgement. *If* KnC deliver on time that will be monumental, if they don't, but are a week late, they will still be the fastest ever 28nm integrated circuit ever produced, and the Genesis Block will still be wrong.

You can review your judgement as to whether I am unbiased when, and if, I do work for them, but I've been true to my word all along, why the hell do you think I'm so employable? Aside from my education, experience, reasoning, and communication skill. Any legitimate company would want me, as well as the illegitimate ones, that's not me blowing smoke up my ass, it's because I've behaved with everyone's best interest here the whole time, and not been corrupted or coerced along the way.

I'm well aware of my choices, and I do not screw people over thanks.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:08:49 PM

Paragraphs are your friend...  td;dr  (too dense; didn't read)

Sorry bro, done, was typing on the train home.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:15:04 PM

Paragraphs are your friend...  td;dr  (too dense; didn't read)

Sorry bro, done, was typing on the train home.

Geez, I count 8 paragraphs in what looks like 5-600 words there.  I guess you need to either type very short sentences, or make a new paragraph for each one these days - or risk being ignored by those afflicted by the ADHD epidemic.  I'm not worried much about offending any of them though, as they all quit reading after the first sentence Wink

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:16:15 PM

Yes, there are paragraphs there now, but there didn't used to be...   Grin

I don't bloody work with them. I went and reviewed them with an interest to invest money, and possibly time if they tick all the right boxes. I have remained unbiased with the exception I bought into a few of their products, stated, and the fact I gelled with Andreas and Sam, subsequent they have been asking me frequently when I'd consider working. My statement has always remained the same; come good on your promise to deliver as stated and we'll talk. Marcus I especially get on with, the guy is a superstar. He is not your standard IC geek, for sure they employ some that fit that archetype but Marcus has tonne of personality and we both share a love for snowboarding/skiing, and have kept in contact since. i've for sure known a lot pf what's going on behind the scenes, but that's not for me to say. No NDA's were ever forced, and I would never have signed one anyway. Unless it's between two parties only, it's worthless. Again always stated that openly here. If you think I've done anything more underhand that exactly as I have stated all along, you are wrong. My hands are clean and I've been totally open, my conscience is totally clear, and I do not understand what the problem is. Nothing has changed, I've been straight down the line with everybody, especially the Bitcointalk community. KnC is not the only company to approach me, neither are they the only 28nm company. I've had a couple of approaches made that would surprise you once I stated at the time I was keen on getting involved on a professional level with Bitcoin. I have always ascertained I'm only interested in a company that behaves with integrity, if KnC adopt the mantra of under promising, and over delivering then I'd be keen. As far as any predictions I have made, they've been backed up with evidence and logic, and both surprisingly, and unsurprisingly I have been correct everytime. Only the Bitsyncom thing I never saw happening, I thought the many hands within the group buy/DIY set could cause problems, but they were for the most part exemplary, and inexplicably Bitsyncom fell to pieces. I really don't see what you have to be disappointed with. I did what I said I did, proved the company existed, packed with engineering talent, and had the ability to build a 28nm ASIC before anyone else, and pointed out potential pitfalls, warts and all. This gave you enough ammo to make a decision based on fact, or delve deeper yourself. I never told you to do anything else, I merely shared my own thought process and aired my own concerns, ensuring we all had a fair and secure payment method as a choice. I picked the holes in other more shady competitors like XCrowd, where upon I received a load of flack, and they then unravelled into a scam unable to operate. Their products were entirely unfeasible, likewise other product offerings are entirely unfair to the buyer. People are now armed with better judgement. *If* KnC deliver on time that will be monumental, if they don't, but are a week late, they will still be the fastest ever 28nm integrated circuit ever produced, and the Genesis Block will still be wrong. You can review your judgement as to whether I am unbiased when, and if, I do work for them, but I've been true to my word all along, why the hell do you think I'm so employable? Aside from my education, experience, reasoning, and communication skill. Any legitimate company would want me, as well as the illegitimate ones, that's not me blowing smoke up my ass, it's because I've behaved with everyone's best interest here the whole time, and not been corrupted or coerced along the way. I'm well aware of my choices, and I do not screw people over thanks.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:18:58 PM

Yes, there are paragraphs there now....   Grin

Ohhhhh.... LOL, guess I reviewed the edited version Smiley  Yeah, that would be painful to scan...

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:24:11 PM

I was tempted to mention this before. The content is marvelous but it would ablaze with light with just some more blank lines.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:49:20 PM

Fuck that video was a shock to see for me. WTF are they doing? The chip production..easy to understand why that's tight on time, but they are only now starting the boards? I'd have thought that was part of the production process that they could be ahead of by a mile.

I was afraid of this when they mentioned "millions" of components arriving. Seems that currently (realistically) the only finished components are the case and the power supplies we buy. With 6 days to go. I find optimism difficult verging on silly now.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:01:45 PM

I doubt I'm alone.

I don't bloody work with them. I went and reviewed them with an interest to invest money, and possibly time if they tick all the right boxes. I have remained unbiased with the exception I bought into a few of their products, stated, and the fact I gelled with Andreas and Sam, subsequent they have been asking me frequently when I'd consider working. My statement has always remained the same; come good on your promise to deliver as stated and we'll talk.

Marcus I especially get on with, the guy is a superstar. He is not your standard IC geek, for sure they employ some that fit that archetype but Marcus has tonne of personality and we both share a love for snowboarding/skiing, and have kept in contact since. i've for sure known a lot pf what's going on behind the scenes, but that's not for me to say. No NDA's were ever forced, and I would never have signed one anyway. Unless it's between two parties only, it's worthless. Again always stated that openly here. If you think I've done anything more underhand that exactly as I have stated all along, you are wrong. My hands are clean and I've been totally open, my conscience is totally clear, and I do not understand what the problem is. Nothing has changed, I've been straight down the line with everybody, especially the Bitcointalk community.

KnC is not the only company to approach me, neither are they the only 28nm company. I've had a couple of approaches made that would surprise you once I stated at the time I was keen on getting involved on a professional level with Bitcoin. I have always ascertained I'm only interested in a company that behaves with integrity, if KnC adopt the mantra of under promising, and over delivering then I'd be keen.

As far as any predictions I have made, they've been backed up with evidence and logic, and both surprisingly, and unsurprisingly I have been correct everytime. Only the Bitsyncom thing I never saw happening, I thought the many hands within the group buy/DIY set could cause problems, but they were for the most part exemplary, and inexplicably Bitsyncom fell to pieces.

I really don't see what you have to be disappointed with. I did what I said I did, proved the company existed, packed with engineering talent, and had the ability to build a 28nm ASIC before anyone else, and pointed out potential pitfalls, warts and all. This gave you enough ammo to make a decision based on fact, or delve deeper yourself. I never told you to do anything else, I merely shared my own thought process and aired my own concerns, ensuring we all had a fair and secure payment method as a choice. I picked the holes in other more shady competitors like XCrowd, where upon I received a load of flack, and they then unravelled into a scam unable to operate. Their products were entirely unfeasible, likewise other product offerings are entirely unfair to the buyer.

People are now armed with better judgement. *If* KnC deliver on time that will be monumental, if they don't, but are a week late, they will still be the fastest ever 28nm integrated circuit ever produced, and the Genesis Block will still be wrong.

You can review your judgement as to whether I am unbiased when, and if, I do work for them, but I've been true to my word all along, why the hell do you think I'm so employable? Aside from my education, experience, reasoning, and communication skill. Any legitimate company would want me, as well as the illegitimate ones, that's not me blowing smoke up my ass, it's because I've behaved with everyone's best interest here the whole time, and not been corrupted or coerced along the way.

Now your just being shilly!
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:05:33 PM

I doubt I'm alone.

Now your just being shilly!
Lay off Bitcoinorama, I meet him at the open house and I appreciate the service he has provided the community.
For that he should have thanks, not threats and whining.
//DeaDTerra
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:28:18 PM

[/quote]
Lay off Bitcoinorama, I meet him at the open house and I appreciate the service he has provided the community.
//DeaDTerra
[/quote]

+1
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:35:01 PM

Please remove the baby shit photo.

Why? Funny as hell!

Baby poop is just too much for me.  Poop of any mind, really but especially baby poop.   Lips sealed
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:37:21 PM

//DeaDTerra

+1
+2

Only the incredibly lazy and/or stupid would not read and understand where he was coming from since prior to the Open Days.

My money, if I were a betting man, would be that these cocksuckers have something to gain should KnC fail.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:51:44 PM

I doubt I'm alone.

Somehow you've managed to convince even yourself that you are some great impartial judge of the integrity of all ASIC manufacturers.  But you're not.

My "shill meter" pegged when you started questioning the integrity of the Bitfury group and even it's customers by (not so) subtly suggesting that the lack of video proof meant the claims of power efficiency were bunk.  

Sure, you've since walked it back but your original intention was to "throw shade" on Bitfury and make others question their integrity... presumably to get people to vote for KNC with their dollars.

Btw, I have nothing against KNC.  I have equal amounts of hashing power ordered from both Bitfury and KNC.  I've since added more Bitfury H boards to my order and plan on adding KNC expansion modules when/if they are offered for sale.
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:39:11 PM

Im glad I did'nt order from KnC, yet.. as of today, nothing I've bought after GPUs will never see ROI !

I'll pile BTC and fiat, trying to be patient to see the dramatic price drop we'll see in the next few month.. with Diff just begining the real asic increase.. Next month or so will be very interesting !

p.s. Gratz to Elizabeth for the position in the foundation.. I'm glad to see you there Smiley
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:58:02 PM

I voted for Elizabeth. Is she on this forum?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:12:34 AM

Dude, your question shows exactly how far back you read... The whole reason this shit about bitfury cropped up is because people were claiming ridiculous numbers on the efficiency of a 65nm chip which for all intensive purposes should not have been possible and then transformed into an argument over whether or not the BF chip was more efficient than KNC's. That was the point he was getting at I believe, people where claiming some crazy shit, with out any proof to back it up...
The KNCminer specs from there own data is Energy consumption: 1.6 W/Gh/s. the Bitfury is 1.0W/GH/s what's so hard about that to understand? The Bitfury is more energy efficient, though they both are pretty good.

The KnC 1.6 is at the wall though, right? What is bitfury's at the wall?

-MarkM-

I asked KNC to confirm that the 1.6 J/GH is at the wall but they did not.  Given that the at the wall efficiency will depend on the user supplied power supply efficiency I think the most probable scenario is that the 1.6 J/GH represents the entire system DC wattage.  At the wall would be ~10% lower for the average 80Plus Gold PSU.  Unless KNC states in clear terms the at the wall/plug efficiency we won't know until some units get to users.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:26:52 AM

I asked KNC to confirm that the 1.6 J/GH is at the wall but they did not.  Given that the at the wall efficiency will depend on the user supplied power supply efficiency I think the most probable scenario is that the 1.6 J/GH represents the entire system DC wattage.  At the wall would be ~10% lower for the average 80Plus Gold PSU.  Unless KNC states in clear terms the at the wall/plug efficiency we won't know until some units get to users.
It obviously a mathematically modeled efficiency as there have never been any KNCminer chips to actually measure, it might be right out! They should have the chips this week so it wont be long until we know the real figures, no point speculating. Their design needs several power hungry fans and big expensive heat sinks, which means the chips were planned on being driven hard. If they ever sold the chips separately I would under clock them until they only needed a basic case fan.

CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:34:13 AM

and big expensive heat sinks

Not very expensive, are they?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111175364716&clk_rvr_id=524247044867
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:40:51 AM

I asked KNC to confirm that the 1.6 J/GH is at the wall but they did not.  Given that the at the wall efficiency will depend on the user supplied power supply efficiency I think the most probable scenario is that the 1.6 J/GH represents the entire system DC wattage.  At the wall would be ~10% lower for the average 80Plus Gold PSU.  Unless KNC states in clear terms the at the wall/plug efficiency we won't know until some units get to users.
It obviously a mathematically modeled efficiency as there have never been any KNCminer chips to actually measure, it might be right out! They should have the chips this week so it wont be long until we know the real figures, no point speculating. Their design needs several power hungry fans and big expensive heat sinks, which means the chips were planned on being driven hard. If they ever sold the chips separately I would under clock them until they only needed a basic case fan.

i dont think you understand fans and heatsinks....
Pages: « 1 ... 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 [520] 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: