Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:36:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 [644] 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:22:19 AM

I have Cygwin installed on Windows, so I can do all the usual Unix stuff, including ssh.
omg plz tell more...   Cygwin?

I'm sure these's no advantage installing Cygwin on windows machine unless your a developer, and I think it's much easier/reliable with linux or OSX operating system for developing.

Nemo, what are your intentions. Do you want remotely access your miner.?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:27:50 AM

funny how one little computer glitch can rip away 3 months of planning with a simple address mistake. I'm still VERY upset. Not just a cancelled flight here with the miners sent here...  now its more cost effective to keep them here versus waiting for them & flying over. I'm totally bummed about the address NOT changing where the miners shipped to..... Too late now since they said "Everything locked in" yadda yadda

What are you talking about!. What happened?
Well, I had changed the address the miners shipped to about three weeks ago. I was shipping them to a storage unit where I set up dsl in 2.5 cent electric territory. Now, after checking the "Status" on the KNC account page, the address for the miners has reverted back to my home address!!!!!!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 09:27:52 AM

I have Cygwin installed on Windows, so I can do all the usual Unix stuff, including ssh.
omg plz tell more...   Cygwin?

There is not much to tell. It just works, you get complete UNIX command-line & X-Window environments, with all of your favourite programs: http://www.cygwin.com/

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:29:12 AM

got it nemo... looking at it now... thx

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:30:44 AM

funny how one little computer glitch can rip away 3 months of planning with a simple address mistake. I'm still VERY upset. Not just a cancelled flight here with the miners sent here...  now its more cost effective to keep them here versus waiting for them & flying over. I'm totally bummed about the address NOT changing where the miners shipped to..... Too late now since they said "Everything locked in" yadda yadda

give them a call that you will be there..perhaps it is not that big a deal for them to change it on the fly once they know you actually are gonna be in country

just my 2c worth

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:33:16 AM

funny how one little computer glitch can rip away 3 months of planning with a simple address mistake. I'm still VERY upset. Not just a cancelled flight here with the miners sent here...  now its more cost effective to keep them here versus waiting for them & flying over. I'm totally bummed about the address NOT changing where the miners shipped to..... Too late now since they said "Everything locked in" yadda yadda

give them a call that you will be there..perhaps it is not that big a deal for them to change it on the fly once they know you actually are gonna be in country

just my 2c worth

Searing

just my 2c worth

Searing
sure .... the flight left 7 hours ago

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:36:58 AM

I don't see anything being done as far as in mining...

yeah....but this is how I really really feel about my KNC miner coming and the potential 264gh hash increase over my expected 600gh
(ACTUALLY when I ordered I think I expected 300gh)...anyway....

my feelings ie....Darth Vader in Disneyland (hey who'da thunk that either)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSLt8gokHMA

(and yes...I do strut around like that now and feel all powerful and smug.......)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
electrox

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:47:05 AM

Any opinions on whether it is OK to place the miner on the side (standing up like a desktop PC) instead of lying down flat?

Would this put the fans under extra stress? Or maybe other bad things could happen?

I dont see the problem, assuming the heatsink/fan is mounted properly. That heatpipes would be less effective is a non issue IMO. Just look at your graphics card, the cooler is upside down.
Thanks for your inputs. That is exactly what I was thinking however this is just an assumption. Does somebody in here have experience with the heat sinks/coolers KNC are using?
trepex

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:49:37 AM

I think I share some first ear information I just received from a phone call with KnC:

The ordering of the hosting option will not have an influence of the timing of installation.
They never (intended to) promise(d) that all hosted devices will be up running before any
boxes get shipped.
If you are at your place in the queue (and it looks this is the payment queue), your box will
either be sent to the hosting facility (which will take some hours ?) or send out via UPS.

There will be no ssh or other direct access to any hosted miners. That's for security reasons
and I totally agree on this.
There will be a webinterface (and it looks like they are not speaking about what you see
on your current order page). This webinterface also just gets finalized (omg, that's not professional!)
and they can't promise that a backup mining pool will be in the first revision of this software.  Huh  Embarrassed

Starting the production lines did not go as smoothly as they did expect.
But the production is running.

I congratulated them for nearly meeting the promised timeframe and it looks like they are
very proud and happy they did!

Will work for BTC and DEM (eMark)   No joke!   Network, WiFi, IPv6
Beste Bank für den BTC Handel: Fidor Bank, Partner von bitcoin.de und Kraken.com   Registrierung: https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43713861
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:52:28 AM

I think I share some first ear information I just received from a phone call with KnC:

The ordering of the hosting option will not have an influence of the timing of installation.
They never (intended to) promise(d) that all hosted devices will be up running before any
boxes get shipped.
If you are at your place in the queue (and it looks this is the payment queue), your box will
either be sent to the hosting facility (which will take some hours ?) or send out via UPS.

There will be no ssh or other direct access to any hosted miners. That's for security reasons
There will be a webinterface (and it looks like they are not speaking about what you see
on your current order page). This webinterface also just gets finalized (omg, that's not professional!)
and they can't promise that a backup mining pool will be in the first revision of this software.  Huh  Embarrassed

I congratulated them for nearly meeting the promised timeframe and it looks like they are

thanks for sharing.

any more accurate info about delivery timeframe?

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:57:01 AM

Any opinions on whether it is OK to place the miner on the side (standing up like a desktop PC) instead of lying down flat?

Would this put the fans under extra stress? Or maybe other bad things could happen?

I dont see the problem, assuming the heatsink/fan is mounted properly. That heatpipes would be less effective is a non issue IMO. Just look at your graphics card, the cooler is upside down.
Thanks for your inputs. That is exactly what I was thinking however this is just an assumption. Does somebody in here have experience with the heat sinks/coolers KNC are using?

I think someone posted on this thread that the sheer weight of the heatsink coolers sideways would put stress sideways on the boards also something about the case fan setup so i'd likely not do it ..not that I know anything on this

Searing

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:58:24 AM

Its an artic freezer A30:
http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/cpu/473/freezer-a30.html

Its fair to assume that 99% of users with experience with that cooler have it mounted horizontally, like you intend to do..  Cant remember the last time I saw an enthusiast grade desktop  with the motherboard horizontally.

edit: the mounting would be the real issue as pointed out in the post above. I havent seen a close up of how the PCB and cooler are mounted, so I wont comment on that. Cooling wise its not going to be a problem, your only worry be structural.
electrox

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:01:07 AM

boxes get shipped.

Wouldn't this be to centralize the hashing power with KNC to some degree?
I mean if they control the only interface for configuring my miner the only option I have left if evil forces take over KNC  is to switch off my miner... I would have no possibility to reconfigure then?
demonmaestro

Activity: 574

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:08:45 AM

has everyone forgot that its running on an open source software and hardware. Give it time someone will crack it.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
pitchbend

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:10:55 AM

Just received this email response when I asked about my day 1 order (currently In progress) with local pickup:

Hi,

We will contact you per email as soon as your order is ready with the details for pickup.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks
Emilia

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Emilia Cole  

So I guess we will have to relax and keep an eye on our email inbox.
ur0pl

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:13:03 AM

So I guess we will have to relax and keep an eye on our email inbox.

How do you relax if your eye is kept on your email inbox the whole day?
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:14:03 AM

We will contact you per email as soon as your order is ready with the details for pickup.

meeeh, I don't think that they will start shipping today.(
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:18:00 AM

meeeh, I don't think that they will start shipping todat.(

It doesn't look like they will ship this week at all. AFAIK they are still working on debugging (+25% hardware error, right?), webinterface, etc. - as soon as they have gone through these processes they should implement everything on hundreds (if not thousands) of machines, pack them up, etc. People in here daydream and think that you can take the very first version of a bleeding edge piece of hardware directly from the production line, pack it up and send it up to thousands of customers in just one day, without any kind of testing/debugging. Wishful thinking and day dreaming all over this forum...

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:21:29 AM

Yo! Looks like orders are actually going out today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDdcZtdBL2M

I would also like to be leaving here today! Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:23:06 AM

...they should implement everything on hundreds (if not thousands) of machines...
I am sure every customer would be more than ok to start with doing a software update of the miner right after receiving it. So there is no need to wait with shipping because of that.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
Pages: « 1 ... 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 [644] 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: