Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:53:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:40:34 AM

One of my units has so many bad cores it's been running sine late Oct no more than 425GH, still above the 400 I paid for. The tuning utility allowed me to increase voltage, now it's at 535GH. you can either look at where you were shorted or or focus on where you were fortunate. a 650GH machine a week late sure beats a 400GH machine on time.or even a 550GH machine on time.

and btw did you use some kind of strategy to tune this jupiter? started low voltage and increased bit by bit or how did you manage that?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:43:00 AM

One of my units has so many bad cores it's been running sine late Oct no more than 425GH, still above the 400 I paid for. The tuning utility allowed me to increase voltage, now it's at 535GH. you can either look at where you were shorted or or focus on where you were fortunate. a 650GH machine a week late sure beats a 400GH machine on time.or even a 550GH machine on time.

hmmm.....I suggest you all use the ignore button..rather then feed the trolls..the conversation is much more interesting in the replies then the alternative....(although you now all seem to be talking to yourself) still the conversation is more pleasant

1/3 Neptune my share is now ordered hmmmm...do I go full bird and get another unit just for me on the next run (assuming the site does not go down with demand in 3 min) or punt because everyone and his brother if they come thru is gonna dump equip imho march/april?

by the by is there a firm 'quess' (we are talking knc) on when they are gonna announce the opening of the next batch of orders? ie 2nd run Neptune?

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:49:21 AM

hmmm.....I suggest you all use the ignore button..rather then feed the trolls..the conversation is much more interesting in the replies then the alternative....(although you now all seem to be talking to yourself) still the conversation is more pleasant

1/3 Neptune my share is now ordered hmmmm...do I go full bird and get another unit just for me on the next run (assuming the site does not go down with demand in 3 min) or punt because everyone and his brother if they come thru is gonna dump equip imho march/april?

by the by is there a firm 'quess' (we are talking knc) on when they are gonna announce the opening of the next batch of orders? ie 2nd run Neptune?

Searing

+1

hmmm well for 12.5k its upto you, at 10k i was even hesitant. its hard. hindsight is 20/20, i was kicking myself for not buying a full jupiter (or two lol) but thats the gamble you take....

i bet they open up regular orders near the end of this coming week....just a guess.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:49:36 AM

Yet nothing that happened was intentional.
I accept things at face value, and work the challenge, until I get a result.
Whining & complaining usually gets nothing accomplished.
With all that said....
I still stand by KNC 100%  
They are the best in their field imho
Problem is...they are human.

Dude, you got free boards and you sugarcoated over KnC's slipups while you knew many others had lesser or worse issues than you had and got nothing extra from KnC..  that's a bit scumbaggy

Just think if everyone got free boards this thread would only be filled with rainbows and happy thoughts

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:50:07 AM

Edgar... I certainly see your point as well
Maybe I seem a bit too chipper indeed,
I never meant to piss anyone off by it.
Ill try to keep the hip-hip hurrah's to a dull roar...

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:51:34 AM

With all that said....

Dude, you got free boards and you sugarcoated over KnC's slipups while you knew many others had lesser or worse issues than you had and got nothing extra from KnC..  that's a bit scumbaggy

Just think if everyone got free boards this thread would only be filled with rainbows and happy thoughts

i do kinda agree that free boards is a piss off....and i couldn't even order a stinkin upgrade....
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 03:51:55 AM

and btw did you use some kind of strategy to tune this Jupiter? started low voltage and increased bit by bit or how did you manage that?

It wasn't a Die #0 issue, it was all disabled cores, so the SIP voltage and frequency makes no difference. Basically, I just used burtmod in one screen, and the tune utility in another screen, increased the voltage on the die that had disabled cores, kept a close eye as they started to enable, making sure to keep the amps on the corresponding VRM below 60A. I went from a machine with 20% bad cores to machine wiwth less than 2% bad cores (as reported by burtmod). Oh, on top of this, it was running at 7% hardware error rate, now down to 2.5% hardware error rate.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:53:22 AM

Searing

+1

hmmm well for 12.5k its upto you, at 10k i was even hesitant. its hard. hindsight is 20/20, i was kicking myself for not buying a full jupiter (or two lol) but thats the gamble you take....

i bet they open up regular orders near the end of this coming week....just a guess.

frak....the end of this week..jeez...I'm gonna have to scramble ...am I correct in my memory that they usually drop these bombshells in the late afternoon Swedish time (ie early am)? or am I just imaging that?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:55:46 AM

and the fact remains, you are not the only person with issues.

my rig is STILL underperforming and you have already mined more than me, by spending less than others and selling your rigs at more than anyone else could possibly do, due to free boards.

I AM NOT implying you were not due them.

do not dispute this.

I AM implying that you have received better treatment than most and therefore have a much better opinion of them.

NOT due to better equipment, or less lies, or less 'confusion'

SOLELY due to free hashing power and greater resale value - a HUGE advantage over ANYONE with underperforming equipment that is 'not eligible' for an RMA as it still exceeds its original spec.

i DO NOT dislike you, we havent even met.  

what i cant stand is your failing/inability to consider their are less glorious stories than yours.

and they do not deserve your adulation & neverending support when they fail to even explain basic matters.

you seem like a good guy, as does btc orama - but you both too willing to call the unfortunate, trolls & whatnot.

how the eff would you feel with shitty rigs and reading how some other guy got free shit and made bank and sold out and made bank again and again and then prepubescent chumps like asic-k start calling you a douche or asking for security to throw you out??

i guarantee you wouldnt be so chirpy!

or am i mistaken - too much under-bridge dwelling?

^- THIS

ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:11:06 AM

meh, whatever. bitcoin = risk.....

ya win some ya lose some.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:12:38 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 04:24:42 AM by Phoenix1969

I hear ya ImI
If I had a board I couldn't get going myself, I'd surely have RMA'd it asap.
Some people think complaining in here is going to fix things....
rather than actually doing something about it.
Yet I'm to blame for adding to their misery with high praise to someone who treated me like a king...    Guilty as charged...That's life. I'm "throwing in the towel".....
yet I totally understand the complaints...

Edgar...   I hear ya...  understood Ewok has Thick skull
I've been accused of that before...lol

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:16:54 AM

Hahaha, shill all the way... pegged me there...
I did indeed have a slight advantage, due to the kindness of KNC, admittedly...
I don't however, have any inside knowledge, I'm just as you, a customer.
Feel free to call me whatever name you want...  if it makes you feel better.

no-one said anything about insider knowledge, you shill!

keep the act up...

who is this fucking guy? who let you in here? man, we need more security.

says the whining crybaby who posts endlessly about how life & the world isnt fair??

and then sticks his worthless oar into other peoples affairs.

we also need a 'mentally older than 18' function..

jeez who stuck a stick up you a*ss? If he gets Neptunes and it works out so be it. Big deal.

so you are stupid after all, it was patently clear but well done on the clarification.

no one gives a shit who ordered what - thats their business.

what is un fucking acceptable is apologising and excusing KNCs fuckups and lies constantly over and over again.

and/for getting free SECRET boards when most (if not all originally) received under-performing, faulty, disabled and LATE equipment. (Shh..Secret!)

or did you actually know that and were just 'acting' the fool?
1. Not all my boards worked when arrived.
2. Every machine I got was "Bricked on arrival, because the workername field, and stratum address was incorrect.
3. All my machines were shipped to the wrong address, they were supposed to go to Washington, where I rented a secure facility to start this, with a partner.... They came here instead, and I was literally at the airport, ready to leave and checked the account page while I was waiting, only to find they were shipped home after changing the address weeks before on the account page.(turned out a blessing)
4. It took me over 18 hours to learn linux and putty, and hack into the cgminer to change it, only to find the config was not in the default location.
5. I was "Promised" September shipment, and got my first one October 10th.
6. After ordering June 2nd when KNC's site was practically blank.., people who ordered months later recieved their machines the same week as I did.

With all that said....

That always screws things up, dunnit?

My problem with Knc is they didn't send me a damn thing. Of course, I didn't pay 'em...

Good luck on the neptunes. Hopefully my fortunes will change. I am a bit jealous of you, because you are doing exactly what I had planned on doing, but was unable to fund. Not angry, mind you, just jealous. My time will come.

And to Edgar... There is nothing wrong with a positive attitude. A lot of shit went wrong on the first run for a lot of people. Overall, it got sorted. Not as well or as fast as anyone would have liked. But for the most part it DID get sorted. You're gonna give yourself a stroke with all this hate.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:26:45 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 04:41:07 AM by Bogart

@Phoenix1969, what did you do then to get "treated like a king"?  You say complaining does no good so it must not have been that.  I guess it's a secret?

The rest of us are left feeling treated like less than even paying customers.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:29:19 AM

positive attitude is hardly the same as being compensated in secret..

theres no hate, just incredulation with the one-sidedness and pretend opinions.

does anyone recall the 'it cant be your VRMs, it must be your method, because mine are great' post?  

unbelievable!!

i dont recall anyone expecting complaints to fix anything either...

More dishonest, diversionary tactics, i really hope this 'throwing in the towel' is more than just words

but i already KNOW its just more bullshit!!

or secrets...Shhh

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:31:10 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 05:19:04 AM by Phoenix1969

Wow Edgar...
He never asked me to keep it a secret by the way... I just did. And I regret letting anyone know about that now
And calling BS on me is unfair at minimum.
Let your true feelings flow, cmon.... let it all out... don't hold back now...
 Wink

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 04:37:14 AM

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:52:54 AM

Wow Edgar...
He never asked me to keep it a secret by the way... I just did.
And calling BS on me is unfair at minimum.
Let your true feelings flow, cmon.... let it all out... don't hold back now...
 Wink

i have made myself quite clear.
KGBSlim

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CoinSlingin

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:00:02 AM

Ok im really interested in my November Jupiter, cant you guys create like a "fight thread" or something like that. You're really making it a pain in the ass to find useful info due to the "bitching at each other" spam.

Tips - 16AbA3b2GRR37t6RasVJmoxXTGuGUE1PAP
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:03:30 AM

Ok im really interested in my November Jupiter, cant you guys create like a "fight thread" or something like that. You're really making it a pain in the ass to find useful info due to the "bitching at each other" spam.

Remember when you were in high school and going to mall food court you knew people working the counter and told you to move over to the 'free line' where they hooked you up?

Try that... seems KNC has a free line

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:08:17 AM

Remember when you were in high school and going to mall food court you knew people working the counter and told you to move over to the 'free line' where they hooked you up?

Try that... seems KNC has a free line

You're right. I'm sure they do have a free line, but that's like 99 percent of the world. Sucks not being in the cool crowd but it's not the end of the world.
Pages: « 1 ... 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: