April 27, 2024, 04:15:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 19524 19525 19526 19527 19528 19529 19530 19531 19532 19533 19534 19535 19536 19537 19538 19539 19540 19541 19542 19543 19544 19545 19546 19547 19548 19549 19550 19551 19552 19553 19554 19555 19556 19557 19558 19559 19560 19561 19562 19563 19564 19565 19566 19567 19568 19569 19570 19571 19572 19573 [19574] 19575 19576 19577 19578 19579 19580 19581 19582 19583 19584 19585 19586 19587 19588 19589 19590 19591 19592 19593 19594 19595 19596 19597 19598 19599 19600 19601 19602 19603 19604 19605 19606 19607 19608 19609 19610 19611 19612 19613 19614 19615 19616 19617 19618 19619 19620 19621 19622 19623 19624 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368597 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
mike4001

Activity: 443
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:38:49 PM

BTC dominance back at 37%

Previously this was on January 1st when Bitcoin was at roughly 14k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7969

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:51:27 PM

...that's assuming that the one in ten figure is correct in the first place (which I wouldn't be surprised by because most people are impulsive twats that don't have zero self-control).

The one in ten figure was for middle class people. They found it could be as high as one in three for working class people, but I can't remember who gathered the statistics.

My brother's wife's sitster's boyfriend knows a guy in university who claims to be doing a study indicating that NOBODY can be fathered by other than the real FATHER and that number is actually FIVE TIMES greater in Iceland.

Come on guys at least post some sources for your bullshit.

I did somw googling and other studies dispute this, but ...

https://canadiancrc.com/Newspaper_Articles/Globe_and_Mail_Moms_Little_secret_14DEC02.aspx

In the early 1970s, a schoolteacher in southern England assigned a class science project in which his students were to find out the blood types of their parents. The students were then to use this information to deduce their own blood types (because a gene from each parent determines your blood type, in most instances only a certain number of combinations are possible). Instead, 30 per cent of the students discovered their dads were not their biologically fathers.

"The classroom was, of course, not the ideal place to find out this information," said Prof. Dickens, who is often consulted on ethical issues by geneticists at the Hospital for Sick Children.

Also there's the strange, but true story of twins with different biological fathers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/03/09/twins-with-different-fathers_n_9416074.html

Thanks.  I read the first link and this guys takes the cake.

In March, 1999, the results arrived by mail -- a creased piece of paper telling him that not one of the three boys was his.

"I felt anger toward [my first wife] and sadness, and I felt so sorry for my kids," Mr. Wise recalled. "I told my boys, 'I love you all, you'll always be my sons, the only difference is now I'm not your birth father.' "

Despite this revelation, a district court judge ruled that Mr. Wise had to continue paying child support for the three boys. Based on a 500-year-old common law, most states operate on the presumption that a husband is the father of any child born to his wife during a marriage.

Mr. Wise took his case to the media, hoping to generate political support and contact other men in a similar situation. Instead, he angered the judge, who revoked his visitation rights to the children but left him responsible for $1,100 (U.S.) in monthly support.

"This," Mr. Wise warned, "could happen to anyone."

Over a 13 year marriage they had three boys and one girl...  I think that guy was working way too much overtime.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:53:44 PM

...that's assuming that the one in ten figure is correct in the first place (which I wouldn't be surprised by because most people are impulsive twats that don't have zero self-control).

The one in ten figure was for middle class people. They found it could be as high as one in three for working class people, but I can't remember who gathered the statistics.

My brother's wife's sitster's boyfriend knows a guy in university who claims to be doing a study indicating that NOBODY can be fathered by other than the real FATHER and that number is actually FIVE TIMES greater in Iceland.

https://canadiancrc.com/Newspaper_Articles/Globe_and_Mail_Moms_Little_secret_14DEC02.aspx

In the early 1970s, a schoolteacher in southern England assigned a class science project in which his students were to find out the blood types of their parents. The students were then to use this information to deduce their own blood types (because a gene from each parent determines your blood type, in most instances only a certain number of combinations are possible). Instead, 30 per cent of the students discovered their dads were not their biologically fathers.

"The classroom was, of course, not the ideal place to find out this information," said Prof. Dickens, who is often consulted on ethical issues by geneticists at the Hospital for Sick Children.

Also there's the strange, but true story of twins with different biological fathers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/03/09/twins-with-different-fathers_n_9416074.html

In March, 1999, the results arrived by mail -- a creased piece of paper telling him that not one of the three boys was his.

"I felt anger toward [my first wife] and sadness, and I felt so sorry for my kids," Mr. Wise recalled. "I told my boys, 'I love you all, you'll always be my sons, the only difference is now I'm not your birth father.' "

Despite this revelation, a district court judge ruled that Mr. Wise had to continue paying child support for the three boys. Based on a 500-year-old common law, most states operate on the presumption that a husband is the father of any child born to his wife during a marriage.

Mr. Wise took his case to the media, hoping to generate political support and contact other men in a similar situation. Instead, he angered the judge, who revoked his visitation rights to the children but left him responsible for $1,100 (U.S.) in monthly support.

Over a 13 year marriage they had three boys and one girl...  I think that guy was working way too much overtime.

That judge needs lifetime in jail for making a joke out of the justice system.
ThisManIsTesting

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:01:24 PM

Just sold all my alts in favor of bitcoin, I'm waiting to enjoy the skyrocket!
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:05:33 PM
Merited by edgar (3)

If that happened to me, I would just quit the whole family. The kids are not at fault but also not mine, the woman is a whore and a liar and deserves nothing, and jail time is better than continuing to pay her. Take out all the money you can from the bank as soon as possible and hide it somewhere, maybe even throw it away, whatever it takes for her and the state to not get it.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:07:47 PM

Bitcoin is forming a golden cross on the daily chart (MA 7,30) and we're about 4 hours away from completing a bullish morning star pattern on the weekly chart.  This should be a good week for hodlers.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:11:32 PM

If that happened to me, I would just quit the whole family. The kids are not at fault but also not mine, the woman is a whore and a liar and deserves nothing, and jail time is better than continuing to pay her. Take out all the money you can from the bank as soon as possible and hide it somewhere, maybe even throw it away, whatever it takes for her and the state to not get it.

All I know for sure is that I would be in a state of shock and disbelief for the rest of my life.
litec0ins

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:14:23 PM

All I know for sure is that I would be in a state of shock and disbelief for the rest of my life.

It's a sick world we live in. Roll Eyes
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:21:13 PM

No, not even. It's completely natural for women to act the way they do. It's called hypergamy, and it's caused by men dying like flies in the past. Simple evolutionary adaptation.

The sick part is the way our laws are structured. If they took basic human nature into account, none of this shit would be a problem.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:25:58 PM

LTC coming back to earth I see
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:27:04 PM

No, not even. It's completely natural for women to act the way they do. It's called hypergamy, and it's caused by men dying like flies in the past. Simple evolutionary adaptation.

The sick part is the way our laws are structured. If they took basic human nature into account, none of this shit would be a problem.

...and then there's this:

http://nationalpost.com/health/a-washington-couple-took-a-paternity-test-for-their-child-the-man-of-the-pair-wasnt-the-father-his-unborn-twin-was

...According to Starr’s research into the matter, the baby’s mysterious origins are a product of the genetic phenomenon of “chimerism,” in which one fetus that dies early in pregnancy is subsequently “absorbed” by the remaining sibling. This process, called “vanishing twin phenomenon,” is believed to be much more common than people think: a 1998 study found that one out of every eight single births begins as a twin or other multiple at conception.

The vanishing twin effect occurs when, instead of producing twins, two zygotes fuse into one. Starr believes that this is what happened to the Washington man, who ostensibly absorbed some of his fraternal twin’s cells while in the womb, becoming a “chimera” — a spectral blend — of himself and his unborn brother.

One in eight!?  Maybe those 3 boys were his sons?  ...or at least his absorbed chimeric unborn brother's sons.

HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:29:14 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

Try to see it from the judges perspective.  There are 4 kids which need to be raised.  That takes money. Let’s assume the wife can’t work because the kids are too little and there’s too many of them.  

The judge’s primary job is to make sure the kids are looked after.  Everyone else can stand in line.

The daughter is his - he has to pay child support for her. The sons, well he says he loves them and has raised them as his own.  But he comes into court waving a piece of paper (which could be forged for all the judge knows) and flapping his gums about how this is his get out of jail free card and now he doesn’t have to pay any money to raise his sons hahahahahaha.  

The judge doesn’t give a fuck about a piece of paper.  He knows that if he orders child support for only the daughter, that’s not enough money and probably all 5 of them (mother, daughter, three sons) will either be homeless or destitute.  So he orders child support for all four kids.

The husband goes on a massive media campaign because MUH RIGHTS.  He kicks up a national fuss. Does the husband give a shit about the kids?  No he doesn’t.  He only cares about MUH RIGHTS.

So the kids are now the center of a national media firestorm.  They are probably getting picked on at school.  So the judge uses the only tool in his toolkit and revokes access, because it’s obvious the hunsbad doesn’t give a fuck about the kids either, he just wants to be flow first class to New York to talk to Howard Stern about MUH RIGHTS.

I expect I am wasting my breath in here but there you go.  
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:29:58 PM

Try to see it from the judges perspective.  There are 4 kids which need to be raised.  That takes money. Let’s assume the wife can’t work because the kids are too little and there’s too many of them.  

The judge’s primary job is to make sure the kids are looked after.  Everyone else can stand in line.

The daughter is his - he has to pay child support for her. The sons, well he says he loves them and has raised them as his own.  But he comes into court waving a piece of paper (which could be forged for all the judge knows) and flapping his gums about how this is his get out of jail free card and now he doesn’t have to pay any money to raise his sons hahahahahaha.  

The judge doesn’t give a fuck about a piece of paper.  He knows that if he orders child support for only the daughter, that’s not enough money and probably all 5 of them (mother, daughter, three sons) will either be homeless or destitute.  So he orders child support for all four kids.

The husband goes on a massive media campaign because MUH RIGHTS.  He kicks up a national fuss. Does the husband give a shit about the kids?  No he doesn’t.  He only cares about MUH RIGHTS.

So the kids are now the center of a national media firestorm.  They are probably getting picked on at school.  So the judge uses the only tool in his toolkit and revokes access, because it’s obvious the hunsbad doesn’t give a fuck about the kids either.

Won't somebody think of the men?!
FartBuddy

Activity: 35
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:30:02 PM

...and then there's this:

http://nationalpost.com/health/a-washington-couple-took-a-paternity-test-for-their-child-the-man-of-the-pair-wasnt-the-father-his-unborn-twin-was

...According to Starr’s research into the matter, the baby’s mysterious origins are a product of the genetic phenomenon of “chimerism,” in which one fetus that dies early in pregnancy is subsequently “absorbed” by the remaining sibling. This process, called “vanishing twin phenomenon,” is believed to be much more common than people think: a 1998 study found that one out of every eight single births begins as a twin or other multiple at conception.

The vanishing twin effect occurs when, instead of producing twins, two zygotes fuse into one. Starr believes that this is what happened to the Washington man, who ostensibly absorbed some of his fraternal twin’s cells while in the womb, becoming a “chimera” — a spectral blend — of himself and his unborn brother.

One in eight!?  Maybe those 3 boys were his sons?  ...or at least his absorbed chimeric unborn brother's sons.

That's possible, there's an example of a woman who gave birth to her twin's daughter even though she never had a twin. She was her own twin.

https://www.opposingviews.com/i/health/womens-health/woman-gives-birth-children-discovers-her-twin-actually-biological-mother-she

A Washington state woman was shocked when she was told that the children she gave birth to were not her own. It turned out that her twin was actually the biological mother of her children, and this only led to more confusion because she didn’t have a twin. In the end, it was discovered that the woman was in fact her own twin, confirmed by doctors to be a rare medical condition.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:32:00 PM

So the kids are now the center of a national media firestorm.  They are probably getting picked on at school.  So the judge uses the only tool in his toolkit and revokes access, because it’s obvious the hunsbad doesn’t give a fuck about the kids either.

Proper men are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves and others. In your world Ibian it’s the betas or rabbits or whatever you call them that won’t pay child support.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:34:02 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

What money? What bank?  SHUM.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:34:16 PM

Proper men are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves and others. In your world Ibian it’s the betas or rabbits or whatever you call them that won’t pay child support.
Not when other men gang up on them. Fight one man, sure, no problem. Thousands armed with guns, not happening.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:35:40 PM
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

I'm just going to chime in here, and suggest that we call a single, divisible unit of BCash as a "cuck".

It just seems fitting somehow... Roger watching his slimy projects getting fucked by other people...

meh

too politically loaded

also, I never regarded my partners as property, so really I just don't get it as an insult
It is a word that has a specific meaning. It's not specifically an insult, although some people choose to take it as such.
Taking insult is always a matter of choice. No exceptions.

Insulting someone is a full-fledged speech act. It requires nothing from the subject. Insults come unpacked upon delivery. That said, it's a word only a gAlt-Right twat would use.

Innit, Bob?
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:36:05 PM

A simple self-test for chimerism:

If you have eyes each of a different color, then you are most likely a chimera (not that anything is wrong with that).
Detailed genetic testing would be advised as to not have paternity/maternity issues in the future.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:38:25 PM
Merited by edgar (5), explorer (1)

So the kids are now the center of a national media firestorm.  They are probably getting picked on at school.  So the judge uses the only tool in his toolkit and revokes access, because it’s obvious the hunsbad doesn’t give a fuck about the kids either, he just wants to be flow first class to New York to talk to Howard Stern about MUH RIGHTS.

The mother should be homeless if she can't fend for herself at this point. And the kids should be taken into custody.

The mother has already made it perfectly clear that she is not mentally capable of taking responsibility for her own actions, which indicates that she doesn't have the capacity of taking reseponsibility for raising children either. Allowing the kids to stay with that person will just increase the likelihood of such events repeating in the future.
And forcing the "father" to pay increases the chances of other women cheating on men while still extorting money out of them for kids that are not theirs. So setting such a precedent is wholly irresponsible by the judge and an abuse of power (to the detriment of society as a whole).
Pages: « 1 ... 19524 19525 19526 19527 19528 19529 19530 19531 19532 19533 19534 19535 19536 19537 19538 19539 19540 19541 19542 19543 19544 19545 19546 19547 19548 19549 19550 19551 19552 19553 19554 19555 19556 19557 19558 19559 19560 19561 19562 19563 19564 19565 19566 19567 19568 19569 19570 19571 19572 19573 [19574] 19575 19576 19577 19578 19579 19580 19581 19582 19583 19584 19585 19586 19587 19588 19589 19590 19591 19592 19593 19594 19595 19596 19597 19598 19599 19600 19601 19602 19603 19604 19605 19606 19607 19608 19609 19610 19611 19612 19613 19614 19615 19616 19617 19618 19619 19620 19621 19622 19623 19624 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: