April 28, 2024, 09:55:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 19589 19590 19591 19592 19593 19594 19595 19596 19597 19598 19599 19600 19601 19602 19603 19604 19605 19606 19607 19608 19609 19610 19611 19612 19613 19614 19615 19616 19617 19618 19619 19620 19621 19622 19623 19624 19625 19626 19627 19628 19629 19630 19631 19632 19633 19634 19635 19636 19637 19638 [19639] 19640 19641 19642 19643 19644 19645 19646 19647 19648 19649 19650 19651 19652 19653 19654 19655 19656 19657 19658 19659 19660 19661 19662 19663 19664 19665 19666 19667 19668 19669 19670 19671 19672 19673 19674 19675 19676 19677 19678 19679 19680 19681 19682 19683 19684 19685 19686 19687 19688 19689 ... 33305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368812 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:37:21 PM

You praise the blockchain technology in general Smiley Bitcoin doesn't equal the blockchain technology. I see that the blockchain technology isn't dependent on bitcoin and bitcoin value isn't guaranteed by the blockchain technology.

This is a glaring fundamental error.  Blockchain, and what makes it truly revolutionary cannot be separated from the token.  In the case of Bitcoin we are talking about the premier token on the premier blockchain.  They are inseparable.  Blockchain is useless without bitcoin.  You cannot have one without the other without losing the goodness of the entire thing.

You will lose sober minded people with phrases like "premier blockchain" that only means something in ones personal reality.
I've had a lot of fun with the blockchain technology that isn't built on bitcoin tokens and I will continue to do so. But I think that right now, I'm about done here. My post is deleted, most of the people here have already ignored me and the rest are trying to dress their gibberish as technical argumentation. This is like trying to argue that the world is older then 6000 years in some radical Christian forum. Enjoy your echo chamber and the well deserved prize that comes with it in the future.

Hey r0ach, how much did you pay for this old newbie account? I guess not much but... You had to pay in BTC, didn't you? Your silver coins were not accepted as a valid payment I am sure. What a surprise for you, uh?

Perhaps whoever revived this old newbie account from the grave should change the signature. Right now it reads "Buy Bitcoin" Cheesy

If you read past posts (2015) the previous owner was a Bitcoin maximalist.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:40:18 PM

You will lose sober minded people with phrases like "premier blockchain" that only means something in ones personal reality.
I've had a lot of fun with the blockchain technology that isn't built on bitcoin tokens and I will continue to do so. But I think that right now, I'm about done here. My post is deleted, most of the people here have already ignored me and the rest are trying to dress their gibberish as technical argumentation. This is like trying to argue that the world is older then 6000 years in some radical Christian forum. Enjoy your echo chamber and the well deserved prize that comes with it in the future.

Hey r0ach, how much did you pay for this old newbie account? I guess not much but... You had to pay in BTC, didn't you? Your silver coins were not accepted as a valid payment I am sure. What a surprise for you, uh?

Perhaps whoever revived this old newbie account from the grave should change the signature. Right now it reads "Buy Bitcoin" Cheesy

If you read past posts (2015 and before) the previous owner was a Bitcoin maximalist.

Maybe he is pissed because he tried to recover his private keys from back in 2015 and was unsuccessful. Or maybe he finally realized he could move out of his Mom's basement with the BTC he bought back in 2015, and discovered that his MOM threw out the USB drive that his wallet.dat was stored on.
Trilogy-AI

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:42:03 PM

We goin down again?
Comon bulls. Don’t drop the ball.

It actually strengthens the market to have some retracements. If you are bullish BTC, these little dips should actually make you happy.
Jacques_Bittard

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:44:08 PM

You praise the blockchain technology in general Smiley Bitcoin doesn't equal the blockchain technology. I see that the blockchain technology isn't dependent on bitcoin and bitcoin value isn't guaranteed by the blockchain technology.

This is a glaring fundamental error.  Blockchain, and what makes it truly revolutionary cannot be separated from the token.  In the case of Bitcoin we are talking about the premier token on the premier blockchain.  They are inseparable.  Blockchain is useless without bitcoin.  You cannot have one without the other without losing the goodness of the entire thing.

What's really funny is, that this account, was actually once created as an over-the-top parody of an typical bitcoin zealot. And even if it is totally over the top, it is still indistinguishable from an actual real bitcoiner  Grin
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:46:18 PM

What's really funny is, that this account, was actually once created as an over-the-top parody of an typical bitcoin zealot. And even if it is totally over the top, it is still indistinguishable from an actual real bitcoiner  Grin

"bittard" is french for "sex addict" ... is that on purpose ?
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:46:59 PM

So it is basically a trolling account that dates back since, at least, 2015... when the price was what? $150-$250? And you suppossedly decide to revive it now, when price is what? over $10000?

Good job, dude. You are smart.
Jacques_Bittard

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:47:56 PM

"bittard" is french for "sex addict" ... is that on purpose ?

Nope, must have been an unconscious decision.
Jacques_Bittard

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:54:54 PM

So it is basically a trolling account that dates back since, at least, 2015... when the price was what? $150-$250? And you suppossedly decide to revive it now, when price is what? over $10000?

Good job, dude. You are smart.

I've actually got about 10x gain with bitcoin in 2013 Q3. This was the last period that I held bitcoin longer then an hour. After that I don't see bitcoin risk/gain ratio as beneficial enough. From that time I have earned a lot more then I did with bitcoin mainly with XRP, ETH and lately also EOS. For me, bitcoin is for bartenders and cab drivers who react on technical developments with a several year delay.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:04:48 PM

I've actually got about 10x gain with bitcoin in 2013 Q3. This was the last period that I held bitcoin longer then an hour. After that I don't see bitcoin risk/gain ratio as beneficial enough. From that time I have earned a lot more then I did with bitcoin mainly with XRP, ETH and lately also EOS. For me, bitcoin is for bartenders and cab drivers who react on technical developments with a several year delay.

Well good for you. I'm glad your cryptocurrency picks have worked out for you.
thisisntbic

Activity: 61
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:05:38 PM

The ugliest truth of bitcoin is that it just isn't useful in any legal fields.

Bitcoin being accepted as legal currency in Japan and South Korea aren't... legal? Or do you mean, you can't pay most lawyers with btc? Actually, I'm sure you could probably pay off a judge/politician easier with bitcoin than cash haha.

From that time I have earned a lot more then I did with bitcoin mainly with XRP, ETH and lately also EOS. For me, bitcoin is for bartenders and cab drivers who react on technical developments with a several year delay.

What are the technical developments of XRP, ETH, and EOS that surpass Bitcoin? It would be nice to know now, rather than a year from now.

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:14:34 PM

From that time I have earned a lot more then I did with bitcoin mainly with XRP, ETH and lately also EOS. For me, bitcoin is for bartenders and cab drivers who react on technical developments with a several year delay.

What are the technical developments of XRP, ETH, and EOS that surpass Bitcoin? It would be nice to know now, rather than a year from now.

XRP is good for making fast and cheap transactions. Scales better than bitcoin. Far from decentralized, but it gets the job done if you are in a hurry.
Eth is good for easily creating and implementing smart contracts, tokens and dapps. Can be a little clunky at times though. Plus if an error is made programing the smart contract, token, or dapp, it can have devastating consequences.

What's EOS?  Huh
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:17:58 PM

Dude I can't wait until we have functional humanoid robots to help around the house. Screw sex dolls, it's utility that really counts.

That's their purpose, isn't it ?
Re: SExiness: Heard some stories about brothels starting to use sex dolls. Apparently they are more popular than the actual prostitutes.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4460

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:21:00 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

I was too hung over to post yesterday (should remember not to mix more than 4 kinds of booze) but I see we briefly dipped back down to 4 digits. I thought we were done with that horseshit.

It's since recovered to 5 digits... currently $10133USD/$12843CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

It seems that putting $10k behind us for good will take weeks instead of days.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7969

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:21:15 PM

Dude I can't wait until we have functional humanoid robots to help around the house. Screw sex dolls, it's utility that really counts.

Some people use sex dolls to allow them use the car-pool lanes.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:22:03 PM

What's EOS?  Huh

supposed ETH killer

^^ that lass should really wear her seatbelt
cofefeGandalf

Activity: 96
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:22:37 PM

XRP is good for making fast and cheap transactions. Scales better than bitcoin. Far from decentralized, but it gets the job done if you are in a hurry.
[snip]

Paypal is good for making fast and cheap transactions. Scales better than bitcoin. Far from decentralized, but it gets the job done if you are in a hurry.

XRP is a joke.
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:23:53 PM

Re: SExiness: Heard some stories about brothels starting to use sex dolls. Apparently they are more popular than the actual prostitutes.

yep : somewhat frightening ...
https://www.rt.com/uk/413762-sex-love-robot-conference/
https://www.rt.com/news/417645-sex-doll-brothel-france/

Jacques_Bittard

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:24:41 PM

Bitcoin being accepted as legal currency in Japan and South Korea aren't... legal? Or do you mean, you can't pay most lawyers with btc? Actually, I'm sure you could probably pay off a judge/politician easier with bitcoin than cash haha.

Sure, you can use bitcoin as an currency, this wasn't my point. My point was on why would you use bitcoin in your business if it just doesn't have any advantages over other payment solutions?

The main thing that XRP, ETH and EOS have that bitcoin doesn't is potential. Both their initial concept and software framework are more complex, specialized and have a lot more room for development. The development of bitcoin is stuck in it's own tight little room of dogmas, that repeat unchanged in these echo chambers for years. With bitcoin, the eventual failure is certain for me - not the mater of "if", but "when". Luckily I still can be uncertain with those other three, and I'm constantly on the prowl for new competent teams that have potential ideas for new crypto applications.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:26:19 PM

[snip]

Paypal is good for making fast and cheap transactions. Scales better than bitcoin. Far from decentralized, but it gets the job done if you are in a hurry.

XRP is a joke.
Paypal is pretty expensive...
cannycassiopeia

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:26:27 PM
Merited by infofront (1)

What price to buy BTC - buying time  Cool

1. 0.5 fib retrace
2. identified support/resistance levels
3. Middle Bollinger Band

Pages: « 1 ... 19589 19590 19591 19592 19593 19594 19595 19596 19597 19598 19599 19600 19601 19602 19603 19604 19605 19606 19607 19608 19609 19610 19611 19612 19613 19614 19615 19616 19617 19618 19619 19620 19621 19622 19623 19624 19625 19626 19627 19628 19629 19630 19631 19632 19633 19634 19635 19636 19637 19638 [19639] 19640 19641 19642 19643 19644 19645 19646 19647 19648 19649 19650 19651 19652 19653 19654 19655 19656 19657 19658 19659 19660 19661 19662 19663 19664 19665 19666 19667 19668 19669 19670 19671 19672 19673 19674 19675 19676 19677 19678 19679 19680 19681 19682 19683 19684 19685 19686 19687 19688 19689 ... 33305 »
  Print  

Jump to: