April 28, 2024, 01:13:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20464 20465 20466 20467 20468 20469 20470 20471 20472 20473 20474 20475 20476 20477 20478 20479 20480 20481 20482 20483 20484 20485 20486 20487 20488 20489 20490 20491 20492 20493 20494 20495 20496 20497 20498 20499 20500 20501 20502 20503 20504 20505 20506 20507 20508 20509 20510 20511 20512 20513 [20514] 20515 20516 20517 20518 20519 20520 20521 20522 20523 20524 20525 20526 20527 20528 20529 20530 20531 20532 20533 20534 20535 20536 20537 20538 20539 20540 20541 20542 20543 20544 20545 20546 20547 20548 20549 20550 20551 20552 20553 20554 20555 20556 20557 20558 20559 20560 20561 20562 20563 20564 ... 33305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368856 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 03:42:24 PM

Can someone make this stop :-/

I can't stop now buddy cause the market is already flooded and one thing is sure and the thing is , it will never go below $6000 but there's 70% possibility that there will be change next week though.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:45:25 PM

Point to ponder:

Looks like someone is worried he's about to have a dick sandwich.
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1852
Merit: 2841

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:50:00 PM

While I was trolling on EOS bitcointalk thread about John Oliver show,
Can anyone explain what is EOS all about?  Clearly, even John Oliver can't:  Grin Grin Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Usable applications?!?!?!?  Huh Huh Huh Shocked Shocked Shocked
https://youtu.be/g6iDZspbRMg?t=1146
I noticed some familiar names which are heavily invested in EOS, e.g. FractalUniverse:
over 100mio staked now 2/3 of required amount. http://dev.cryptolions.io/mainnet/#
and it looks like theres over 71mio on bitfinex balances.
So it now mostly depends on bitfinex' internal voting process. if bitfinex stakes, it could get over 150mio required in an instant pity i didnt find any info about the current results of finex internal poll.
and this is a recent post here on WO
The lower it gets, the more bitcoins will be removed from market by long term holders' buying spree.
I would use such opportunity for sure. if it should get below 4-3-2 or even 1k as some pple here predict, Id probably raid my entire bank account ant put it all into bitcoin. Cheesy
The conlusions I leave to you. Just don't trust the fake bears anymore!
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:51:43 PM

Interdasting.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:53:13 PM

$6144 two part betting game.

A) When will $6144 be broken on the way down.

B) When will $6144 be broken back on the way up.

June 8

for both

You were pretty close, jojo. Happened on June 13, for both.

OK, enough of that... Let's go back to $7000, shall we...

It is pretty disturbing for me that anyone is paying attention to my deranged ravings ...that was over a month ago...are you my personal FBI man?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:54:32 PM

$6144 two part betting game.

A) When will $6144 be broken on the way down.

B) When will $6144 be broken back on the way up.

June 8

for both

You were pretty close, jojo. Happened on June 13, for both.

OK, enough of that... Let's go back to $7000, shall we...

It is pretty disturbing for me that anyone is paying attention to my deranged ravings

All you have to do is say what people want to hear. They will listen to anyone if they do that.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:00:16 PM

I sold bits and pieces. Not enough that I'm not a mountain of regret. TBH

Don't forget at that convenient time everyone could have been rich. Their funds were also all tied up in KYC.

also...peaked pretty much precisely when we would have to pay the absolute most taxes on it...fishy man
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:10:39 PM

How is producing 10 times the amount of money you have...not printing money out of thin air?

If not out of thin air, where does the new money come from?

It is underwritten by 3rd party debt - either sovereign, corporate or person debt.

A bank cannot simply create money "out of thin air".. They need to get an economically productive entity to underwrite it / "back" it with a promise of future productivity.

This makes no logical sense (although it is taught like this in universities). Money is supposed to represent production. It can only originate from production. Creating money to "represent" debt or future production is literally creating money "out of nothing". This is the problem with the current system, it is backwards and only exists because it allows governments and corporations unlimited power to steal from producers.

Real money can only be created out of production and only after this has happened, can it be borrowed to create debt, not the other way around. The current monetary system is not real money, it is a house of cards built on decades of mind-fucking the public. There will be an awakening.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:12:32 PM
Merited by bones261 (2), RejectedBanana (1)

Good morning all.

Some legacy market news for your viewing pleasure before we move on to bitcoin. The softening Chinese economy might indicate another upswing of interest in crypto from that sector as capital seeks shelter.
Global stocks weaken as hawkish Fed, slowing China data trim risk appetite.

U.S. dollar softens, however, as investors focus on growth optimism, not inflation concern, in Jerome Powell comments.

China's central bank fails to follow Fed hike as domestic investment falls to 22-year low.

Euro rises to multi-week high as investor await potential policy signal from ECB President Draghi.

Wall Street futures drift lower amid broader sentiment pullback, but tech stocks may outperform.

Oil prices edge lower as weak China data offsets falling U.S. stockpiles.

I found this article informative as well. Captain Kirk is onboard. Mewn confirmed.  Cheesy
https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-solar-powered-crypto-mining-outfit-blasts-off-backed-by-star-trek-s-shatner

----------
Bitcoin

1h
Market consolidation has continued overnight with bitcoin retracting to just below $6.4k and is looking for support in that area. Most alts are back in the green now after a serious sell-off yesterday indicating we might have bottomed out locally.

4h
Is that a small bat signal way up high? Small break in the clouds approaching, looks like a test of resistance in that area.

D
Support hodling. MACD slowly turning upwards. RSI still oversold.

#dyor
RejectedBanana

Activity: 406
Merit: 551

I am a banana.

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:13:32 PM
Merited by Wekkel (10), bones261 (2), vapourminer (1), infofront (1), El duderino_ (1), Karartma1 (1), Phil_S (1), Toxic2040 (1), Dunkelheit667 (1), RayX12 (1), greensheep (1)

$6000 seems to be established as a fair bargain basement price by both bulls and bears and even miners apparently. We have achieved equilibrium price discovery, not just once, but like 5 times since October of last year, give or take $500.

Anything below the bears generally agree is too greedy and the bulls consider a steal.

But there is some serious Grade A manipulation going on. FUD is being slung around like monkey poop fresh outta Bill Gates and Warren Buffett's decrepit simian asses. Sometimes it sticks, sending Korean tourists, YouTuber potato heads, and Tweaking Twitterites screaming for the exits.

The most damage this FUD has done since (dare I say it?) the "capitulation" on Feb 5 is 5-10% intraday trading. Around $500-600 intraday swings at most.

Prior to Feb 5, we were seeing intraday swings as high as 30%. We're talking like $4500 in one day! Many days were well over 10%, equating to at least $1000 at the time. It's a freaking snooze fest in comparison.

So far, the FUDsters have tried squirting manipulation FUD, sharting Tether FUD, and are currently honking for clearance while constipated with a big ol' meal of regulation FUD. Mt Gox has been hotboxing us with silent but deadly FUD for months now, but most of our olfactory bulbs have long since burned out. Hacked exchange FUD is the most regular of all, sustained by a healthy diet of shyster/ignoranus FUDfiber(tm).

As much as everyone is watching, waiting, hoping for a clear sign from Satoshi himself "THIS IS THE BOTTOM", the truth is the FUDsters have run out of effective FUD. Even Roger Ver himself, the king of bullshit, a giant walking colon, can only shit so much, right?

What more can the bears possibly fling at us? Am I missing some super potent 10x epic hangover evacuate the building and whatever you do don't light that match FUD? Something that would truly shake hodlers to their very core that we haven't already seen a dozen times?

It's a fucking zoo out there this summer, peeps. Watch out for the monkey poop.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:19:01 PM

I don't care
I hold

Fuck ‘m, I’ll buy more below $5,000.

Lightning network is being rolled out right now and it is finally delivering on bitcoins long unfulfilled promise. As far as the technology is concerned these are the best of times since the early days when bitcoin its self was a shiny new thing. I doubt you will regret that move in the long run.

When the price gets you down, focus on the tech.
Are we really expecting a $5000 bottom? I don't know if it will hit that, he may not get that option.

Good to maintain targets and plans for even extreme scenarios that might not happen.  Surely, preparing for below $5k is less extreme than preparing for below $3k but it remains a good practice psychologically and financially to prepare for both.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12014

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:19:08 PM

Well, at least somebody is trying to hold "The bottom" up... . (Mic post some good pic)  Cheesy Wink

BOTTOMS will come frome higher and higher hights and every time we will need to stand our ground harder and harder
the price dips will be exxxtremer and exxxtremer    Grin  Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:28:51 PM

I just ran into this. This is so stupid.

No shit it can't look like the one on the right. The one on the right is the problem. That's what bitcoin looks like right now and it's the reason why it doesn't scale.

Bcash is an attempt to make bitcoin it's self look like the one in the middle and in so doing give up all of the advantages that come from it looking like the one on the right. Which could be acceptable as a last resort if there were no other option.

Lightning network is a way to build a parallel network that looks like the one in the middle but doesn't replace the one on right in any way. Instead it lives separate and apart from it while being kept totally in check and made benign by the continued existence of the one on the right.

I'm so tired of all of this ignorant anti lighting network rhetoric that I keep hearing and seeing constantly. Do you guys think Ver is funding this BS. It feels like there is just too much of it for it to be organic.

P.S. Do you guys feel this is on topic enough for the wall observer thread. It's not about jews at least... but it's exactly about the price either... I just wanted a place to rant where it would actually be read and it is about bitcoin atleast...

On topic and good points.

It is likely that propaganda funding is causing a considerable deal of the lightning misinformation, but in the end, it is also likely to work out in the wash because the better tech is going to prevail, and those of us investing into bitcoin have decent insight as to what is the better tech and we are able to buy and accumulate our coins for cheaper based on a lot of normies getting distracted either to sell their BTC or not to buy BTC based on such misinformation.
Tyr808

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:32:44 PM
Merited by jojo69 (1)

How is producing 10 times the amount of money you have...not printing money out of thin air?

It is underwritten by 3rd party debt - either sovereign, corporate or person debt.

A bank cannot simply create money "out of thin air".. They need to get an economically productive entity to underwrite it / "back" it with a promise of future productivity.

This makes no logical sense (although it is taught like this in universities). Money is supposed to represent production. It can only originate from production. Creating money to "represent" debt or future production is literally creating money "out of nothing". This is the problem with the current system, it is backwards and only exists because it allows governments and corporations unlimited power to steal from producers.

Real money can only be created out of production and only after this has happened, can it be borrowed to create debt, not the other way around. The current monetary system is not real money, it is a house of cards built on decades of mind-fucking the public. There will be an awakening.

You and many others in this thread are basically saying
"Fractional Reserve is shit"

Let's not forget it's backed by Proof of War.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:33:25 PM

The only justification could be that the process described liquefies assets into money that can be used to fund buildup of means of future production.  In theory it’s a zero sum game with the money lent out returning at some point as repayment and thus disappearing from existence.

In practice, however, the loans in general are not repaid but rolled over into eternity at increasingly higher sums. This supported by continuously lowering interest rates artificially suppressed by central forces.

A perpetual debt machine with no intention of ever paying back the full outstanding debt.

A monster is what we have created.
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:44:13 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 05:23:10 PM by RayX12

$6000 seems to be established as a fair bargain basement price by both bulls and bears and even miners apparently. We have achieved equilibrium price discovery, not just once, but like 5 times since October of last year, give or take $500.

Anything below the bears generally agree is too greedy and the bulls consider a steal.

But there is some serious Grade A manipulation going on. FUD is being slung around like monkey poop fresh outta Bill Gates and Warren Buffett's decrepit simian asses. Sometimes it sticks, sending Korean tourists, YouTuber potato heads, and Tweaking Twitterites screaming for the exits.

The most damage this FUD has done since (dare I say it?) the "capitulation" on Feb 5 is 5-10% intraday trading. Around $500-600 intraday swings at most.

Prior to Feb 5, we were seeing intraday swings as high as 30%. We're talking like $4500 in one day! Many days were well over 10%, equating to at least $1000 at the time. It's a freaking snooze fest in comparison.

So far, the FUDsters have tried squirting manipulation FUD, sharting Tether FUD, and are currently honking for clearance while constipated with a big ol' meal of regulation FUD. Mt Gox has been hotboxing us with silent but deadly FUD for months now, but most of our olfactory bulbs have long since burned out. Hacked exchange FUD is the most regular of all, sustained by a healthy diet of shyster/ignoranus FUDfiber(tm).

As much as everyone is watching, waiting, hoping for a clear sign from Satoshi himself "THIS IS THE BOTTOM", the truth is the FUDsters have run out of effective FUD. Even Roger Ver himself, the king of bullshit, a giant walking colon, can only shit so much, right?

What more can the bears possibly fling at us? Am I missing some super potent 10x epic hangover evacuate the building and whatever you do don't light that match FUD? Something that would truly shake hodlers to their very core that we haven't already seen a dozen times?

It's a fucking zoo out there this summer, peeps. Watch out for the monkey poop.

+1WOsmerit

I think the big Mt Gox Bear-Whale and friends caused the 10-30% spikes.

Now we have smaller bear-whales splashing around.

Soon the bulls will take over.
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:45:46 PM

You and many others in this thread are basically saying
"Fractional Reserve is shit"

Let's not forget it's backed by Proof of War.

Actually, it is backed by the trust in it by the public. Once that trust evaporates, it will be worth nothing and war will not be possible. War is only possible with the consent of the public, either through awareness or manipulation of awareness.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:53:31 PM

I'm very disheartened today. Lost a major chunk of my bitcoin holdings (almost 0.38 BTC) on Bitmex even though I've been longing since $8000 with just 4x leverage (adding more & more after every dump to average it further down), but still at $6140, I got liquidated. With this, I can pretty much assure that $6140 was actually the bottom. It was only to liquidate me, hard luck. Don't comment that I need to risk only what I can afford to lose, I know that very well, just had some real bad luck (as well as confusion) this time.

For reasons like this, I continue to conclude (personally) that leveraging is not necessary, especially in bitcoin.  In bitcoin we are lucky to experience outrageously stupendous returns, and I we do not need to leverage in order to achieve such outrageously stupendous returns on our investment. 

Accordingly, if you just invest regularly, then the most that you can lose is 100% of what you put in - but if you employ leverage (especially using the margin trade vehicles supplied by exchanges), you not only can lose your 100% more quickly, you also lose it way faster, which causes a kind of magnification that if you employ 4x leverage than you can lose 400% - something like that.  Therefore, I still consider any kind of leveraging to be too far into a "gambling" rather than "investing" category, especially with bitcoin.
vortex1878

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:58:57 PM

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sec-announces-ether-not-security-162658147.html
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM

The big news of the moment?? wtf pump those fucking coins   Grin

Old news?
Pages: « 1 ... 20464 20465 20466 20467 20468 20469 20470 20471 20472 20473 20474 20475 20476 20477 20478 20479 20480 20481 20482 20483 20484 20485 20486 20487 20488 20489 20490 20491 20492 20493 20494 20495 20496 20497 20498 20499 20500 20501 20502 20503 20504 20505 20506 20507 20508 20509 20510 20511 20512 20513 [20514] 20515 20516 20517 20518 20519 20520 20521 20522 20523 20524 20525 20526 20527 20528 20529 20530 20531 20532 20533 20534 20535 20536 20537 20538 20539 20540 20541 20542 20543 20544 20545 20546 20547 20548 20549 20550 20551 20552 20553 20554 20555 20556 20557 20558 20559 20560 20561 20562 20563 20564 ... 33305 »
  Print  

Jump to: