April 27, 2024, 08:34:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 23324 23325 23326 23327 23328 23329 23330 23331 23332 23333 23334 23335 23336 23337 23338 23339 23340 23341 23342 23343 23344 23345 23346 23347 23348 23349 23350 23351 23352 23353 23354 23355 23356 23357 23358 23359 23360 23361 23362 23363 23364 23365 23366 23367 23368 23369 23370 23371 23372 23373 [23374] 23375 23376 23377 23378 23379 23380 23381 23382 23383 23384 23385 23386 23387 23388 23389 23390 23391 23392 23393 23394 23395 23396 23397 23398 23399 23400 23401 23402 23403 23404 23405 23406 23407 23408 23409 23410 23411 23412 23413 23414 23415 23416 23417 23418 23419 23420 23421 23422 23423 23424 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368522 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:48:51 PM

I've seen people struggle to use a photocopier or a fax and you're telling us they can become programmers? I'd like to see it.

Also, what about the structured knowledge of society that leads you down this or any other lucrative path in the first place? How would a dummy know how to judge these things? Last time I checked they were drinking industrial bleach as an elixir!
I'm sure everybody in this thread has seen people struggle with even dumber shit. For some reason some people either don't have the right mindset to identify solutions to problems by themselves or they are inherently incapable of doing so.

However, you can certainly teach those people how to use a photocopier or a fax and basic programming is no more difficult while also in high demand.

People who drink bleach as an elixir have already solved all their problems. The remainder can use the internet, which is what I did. I have spent years scavenging the internet for dozens upon dozens of different paths. There's no wizardry going on here, literally pick a bunch of acceptable categories and a bunch of desirable ones then go from there.

You can't tell me that people are too stupid to Google "What jobs Y that involve X are there and what are the salaries?" and then follow up with "What paths to Y are there?". And I also don't believe that people who immediately fold are inherently incapable of following instructions until they commit them to memory.

You are a smart, college educated guy

Half the population has an IQ less than 100

You know I've noticed the lower the IQ the more preoccupied they are with getting laid. I have speculated that that is a programmed evolutionary trait. I have no clue if I am correct and have never researched it, just made note of it as being Odd.
Perhaps if you're less intelligent you need to win by quantity over quality. Which seems to be in line with the data. The lowest IQ people are those with the most children. Ironically having more children than you can support not only makes survival harder, but also actively hinders education.

If there was an additional tax for each children you have instead of social benefits maybe they would have a second thought... or maybe not Sad
Haven't really thought it through, but I'd certainly prefer that over uncapped benefits per child. A policy that is heavily exploited by certain groups of people and partially responsible for the anti-refugee rhetoric.

There was one family with two underage wives on public television proudly stating that they have no intention of ever working. All while receiving social welfare for each wive and child support for each kid. Of course people who paid 60% taxes their entire life and live around the poverty line will get pissed off at that, and rightfully so.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4871

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:50:48 PM
Merited by bitserve (1)

If there was an additional tax for each children you have instead of social benefits maybe they would have a second thought... or maybe not Sad

It's also ironical that the same people that complain there are not enough jobs are the ones making new babies... for which they can't even provide basic education and life advice.

Paying for other people to breed has always turned my stomach, that is one of the biggest faults of governments.

If you can't afford them don't fucking spit them out!

That's exactly what I am saying.

I've had 2 chicks get abortions (both on birth control : I found out later one lied about that) and one had a miscarriage (was gonna marry her).

And one told me I knocked her up and didn't tell me after the kid was born. I told her send me a hair sample and I'll support it and she never would.

I've supported myself since my teens and know what it means to be responsible so I have no respect for these shitbags.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3509

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:50:59 PM

istr dialing the webpage directly lol

dial up multi-line BBSing was the the thing in my day.

i remember using telnet and lynx back when you could still get pure text web pages.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:51:58 PM

I've seen people struggle to use a photocopier or a fax and you're telling us they can become programmers? I'd like to see it.

Also, what about the structured knowledge of society that leads you down this or any other lucrative path in the first place? How would a dummy know how to judge these things? Last time I checked they were drinking industrial bleach as an elixir!
I'm sure everybody in this thread has seen people struggle with even dumber shit. For some reason some people either don't have the right mindset to identify solutions to problems by themselves or they are inherently incapable of doing so.

However, you can certainly teach those people how to use a photocopier or a fax and basic programming is no more difficult while also in high demand.

People who drink bleach as an elixir have already solved all their problems. The remainder can use the internet, which is what I did. I have spent years scavenging the internet for dozens upon dozens of different paths. There's no wizardry going on here, literally pick a bunch of acceptable categories and a bunch of desirable ones then go from there.

You can't tell me that people are too stupid to Google "What jobs Y that involve X are there and what are the salaries?" and then follow up with "What paths to Y are there?". And I also don't believe that people who immediately fold are inherently incapable of following instructions until they commit them to memory.

You are a smart, college educated guy

Half the population has an IQ less than 100

You know I've noticed the lower the IQ the more preoccupied they are with getting laid. I have speculated that that is a programmed evolutionary trait. I have no clue if I am correct and have never researched it, just made note of it as being Odd.
Perhaps if you're less intelligent you need to win by quantity over quality. Which seems to be in line with the data. The lowest IQ people are those with the most children. Ironically having more children than you can support not only makes survival harder, but also actively hinders education.

Haven't really thought it through, but I'd certainly prefer that over uncapped benefits per child. A policy that is heavily exploited by certain groups of people and partially responsible for the anti-refugee rhetoric.

There was one family with two underage wives on public television proudly stating that they have no intention of ever working. All while receiving social welfare for each wive and child support for each kid. Of course people who paid 60% taxes their entire life and live around the poverty line will get pissed off at that, and rightfully so.

Yes. I may be sounding insensitive or non empathic... but it is when I think about those kind of people when I become that grumpy. Too many groups of people FULLY AND COMPLETELY living off the rest, without working, and spending more than I do. It's completely crazy. Sometimes I think maybe I should become one of those. It really upsets me.

I am ok with not letting anyone die of starvation if we can support it. But if someone permanently lives off social benefits, he should (at the very least) not be allowed to have any children.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:52:38 PM

Financial Analyst - Cryptocurrencies - SEC

$144k - $244k

https://www.crypto-careers.com/jobs/9999205-financial-analyst-cryptocurrencies-sec-at-u-s-securities-and-exchange-commission
Spaceman_Spiff_Original

Activity: 417
Merit: 220

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:54:29 PM

For whoever is into life extension / longevity science : there will be a 'Crypto meets longevity' event in New York: https://cryptomeetslongevity.app.rsvpify.com
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4871

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:55:03 PM

i remember using telnet and lynx back when you could still get pure text web pages.

Solarealms and Tradwars 2000 are 2 BBS games I used to love. Also Madden baseball was pretty fun PBEM, actually there are a ton of old PBEM games.

A few years ago I dusted of Warlords and PBEM'd with an old friend.

I repaired so many modems I could make the carrier connect sound to make the other modem start transmitting. I had alot ( bought a large batch and resold) of them that would not emit the initiation handshake.

Well L8rs guys gotta hit the shower and hit the road.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:56:20 PM

Yes. I may be sounding insensitive or non empathic... but it is when I think about those kind of people when I become that way. Too many groups of people FULLY AND COMPLETELY living off the rest, without working, and spending more than I do. It's completely crazy. Sometimes I think maybe I should become one of those. It really upsets me.
That family seemed genuinely nice although in that naive and incapable of grasping the consequences of their actions kind of way.

But they should not be supported and they are precisely why I am dead against any social welfare that isn't an unconditional UBI.

That much I can tolerate to level the playing field and disarm literally everybody who dares complain about wealth inequality. People go from 0 to Forbes 100 all the time and with a UBI nobody could even attempt to make a case for "exploitation" or any other types of "qq unfair".

But financially incentivizing the degeneration of humanity is just plain wrong. There's a reason why IQs in the West have been in decline. It's precisely because all responsibility is delegated to figures of authority with misaligned incentives.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 11:59:10 PM

And using X.25 pads and several hops to access the internet with so much lag that you needed to blindly type the commands and wait till they started echoing from the remote site Tongue

Not sure I really miss it lol

HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 12:00:59 AM

Agreed the casualisation of the workforce is corrosive to society. How is anyone supposed to raise a family if they have 5 jobs?   It’s a shit way to live.

awwwwwww

haiwy want big daddy company take care of him?

I do fine thank you. I have already made enough to retire today and live comfortably by many people’s standards without ever working again. 

However I am tangentially involved in a number of initiatives that will transform formerly high paid secure jobs into low paid casual jobs.  We will make a lot of money in the process, and we are doing it because we can.  It will fuck over young people who will not get the same opportunities as me.

I am philosophically opposed to such initiatives but I cannot stop them.  There is a role for government in instituting minimum employment conditions because we are currently racing to the bottom.  
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 12:02:32 AM

Anyone know how to chart Tether market cap on TradingView?

----

I guess this is why the price is falling from $5.6k suddenly since yesterday.
No wonder none of the altcoins rose up in price at the same time as btc did which I found odd in the first place. Undecided

Not according to raja. Cheesy
Too many tether could bring in fake volume but then what of the price when its overinflated by it? Embarrassed

--------

also try btc for dominance
quite interdasting

-------

bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 12:06:08 AM

Yes. I may be sounding insensitive or non empathic... but it is when I think about those kind of people when I become that way. Too many groups of people FULLY AND COMPLETELY living off the rest, without working, and spending more than I do. It's completely crazy. Sometimes I think maybe I should become one of those. It really upsets me.
That family seemed genuinely nice although in that naive and incapable of grasping the consequences of their actions kind of way.

But they should not be supported and they are precisely why I am dead against any social welfare that isn't an unconditional UBI.

That much I can tolerate to level the playing field and disarm literally everybody who dares complain about wealth inequality. People go from 0 to Forbes 100 all the time and with a UBI nobody could even attempt to make a case for "exploitation" or any other types of "qq unfair".

But financially incentivizing the degeneration of humanity is just plain wrong. There's a reason why IQs in the West have been in decline. It's precisely because all responsibility is delegated to figures of authority with misaligned incentives.

The problem is that smarter people are capping their parenting to one or two children (or none) while the low IQs/irresponsible people do have on average more children even if they can't support them. So that's what next generations will be.....

Couple that with the advances in technology/optimisation of processes that will get rid of MANY current jobs that will become unnecesary/obsolete and you have a recipe for a perfect disaster.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 12:08:02 AM

That's a pretty odd use of the term 'per capita'. Which, of course, is defined as 'per each person'. How can we have 3.54 Americans killed for every American that visits Pakistan?
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 12:12:31 AM

That's a pretty odd use of the term 'per capita'. Which, of course, is defined as 'per each person'. How can we have 3.54 Americans killed for every American that visits Pakistan?

Fucking savages!
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2778
Merit: 1791

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 12:12:39 AM

It's also ironical that the same people that complain there are not enough jobs are the ones making new babies... for which they can't even provide basic education and life advice.

Paying for other people to breed has always turned my stomach, that is one of the biggest faults of governments.

If you can't afford them don't fucking spit them out!

That's exactly what I am saying.

I've had 2 chicks get abortions (both on birth control : I found out later one lied about that) and one had a miscarriage (was gonna marry her).

And one told me I knocked her up and didn't tell me after the kid was born. I told her send me a hair sample and I'll support it and she never would.

I've supported myself since my teens and know what it means to be responsible so I have no respect for these shitbags.

Yep, think that's the dictionary definition of responsibility right here
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 12:14:32 AM

Still use tenet and lynx. Sometimes, they are just the right tool for the job at hand.

Thank goodness for DNS. www.xxx.yyy.zzz:80 is tedious.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 12:19:03 AM

"Achieved" head count per murderer?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 12:19:12 AM

The problem is that smarter people are capping their parenting to one or two children (or none) while the low IQs/irresponsible people do have on average more children even if they can't support them. So that's what next generations will be.....

Couple that with the advances in technology/optimisation of processes that will get rid of MANY current jobs that will become unnecesary/obsolete and you have a recipe for a perfect disaster.

It's simply postponing the inevitable battle to the death when the sustainability runs out. Then the pasty maggots will be turned into pies by well-hung Vikings and the cycle begins again springing from the firmest of loins.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 12:20:20 AM

gawd...this is one job that would bring ZERO benefit to our society.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 12:22:50 AM

also try btc.d in tradingview for dominance
eth.d
eos.d etc quite interdasting

Damn learn something everyday.  Will check as soon as in front of a computer. 
Pages: « 1 ... 23324 23325 23326 23327 23328 23329 23330 23331 23332 23333 23334 23335 23336 23337 23338 23339 23340 23341 23342 23343 23344 23345 23346 23347 23348 23349 23350 23351 23352 23353 23354 23355 23356 23357 23358 23359 23360 23361 23362 23363 23364 23365 23366 23367 23368 23369 23370 23371 23372 23373 [23374] 23375 23376 23377 23378 23379 23380 23381 23382 23383 23384 23385 23386 23387 23388 23389 23390 23391 23392 23393 23394 23395 23396 23397 23398 23399 23400 23401 23402 23403 23404 23405 23406 23407 23408 23409 23410 23411 23412 23413 23414 23415 23416 23417 23418 23419 23420 23421 23422 23423 23424 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: