May 06, 2024, 05:08:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 31663 31664 31665 31666 31667 31668 31669 31670 31671 31672 31673 31674 31675 31676 31677 31678 31679 31680 31681 31682 31683 31684 31685 31686 31687 31688 31689 31690 31691 31692 31693 31694 31695 31696 31697 31698 31699 31700 31701 31702 31703 31704 31705 31706 31707 31708 31709 31710 31711 31712 [31713] 31714 31715 31716 31717 31718 31719 31720 31721 31722 31723 31724 31725 31726 31727 31728 31729 31730 31731 31732 31733 31734 31735 31736 31737 31738 31739 31740 31741 31742 31743 31744 31745 31746 31747 31748 31749 31750 31751 31752 31753 31754 31755 31756 31757 31758 31759 31760 31761 31762 31763 ... 33327 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372998 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4896

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 01:29:48 AM

https://twitter.com/i/status/1617095593205047297

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7854

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2023, 01:47:43 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2023, 02:44:40 AM by philipma1957
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

so he had a flashlight 🔦 and the cops whacked him.

edit he survived

oh well.

any news 📰 on why they cops 👮 were knocking on the door in the first place?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 02:01:17 AM

Explanation
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 02:18:59 AM

oh well.

That wasn't a flashlight, it was the drone they threw in his home.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7854

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2023, 02:35:59 AM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

oh well.

that is even worse.

why did they want him?

was he a killer?

or a small scale stoner?

or something inbetween?

cops are pretty fucked up in general.

far too quick to shoot.

but maybe the guy was a known badass.

okay found this

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/unarmed-disabled-man-wrongly-suspected-of-holding-hostage-shot-by-cops/ar-AA16ELel

and cops should go to prison not so much for the shooting.

but for lying like mother fuckers about the shooting.

and at least he is alive.

I thought he died.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 02:59:08 AM

oh well.

that is even worse.

why did they want him?

was he a killer?

or a small scale stoner?

or something inbetween?

cops are pretty fucked up in general.

far too quick to shoot.

but maybe the guy was a known badass.

okay found this

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/unarmed-disabled-man-wrongly-suspected-of-holding-hostage-shot-by-cops/ar-AA16ELel

and cops should go to prison not so much for the shooting.

but for lying like mother fuckers about the shooting.

and at least he is alive.

I thought he died.

Does not matter, cops are not Judge, Jury and Executioner.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 03:01:20 AM

Explanation
aesma

Activity: 2394
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 03:08:00 AM

@w_s_bitcoin
 you don't already have a #bitcoin  stacking goal, you should make one! But please don't tell anyone. 🤫

0.01 #BTC  (sat millionaire)
0.1 #BTC  (sat multi-millionaire)
1 #BTC  (wholecoiner)
6.15 #BTC  (ER & BTB)
10 #BTC  (sat billionaire)
21 #BTC  (1/1,000,000th of total supply)
https://twitter.com/w_s_bitcoin/status/1617894636286259202

Just discovered ER & BTB lol.

I'm partial to medium sized titties personally.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 04:01:17 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10215

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 04:45:50 AM

[edited out]
I didn't have any time horizon when I came to Bitcoin.  It was an experiment, not an investment.
Well?  Maybe you were traumatized by your entry date?  If we were to use your forum registration date to approximate your entry into bitcoin date, then for sure those were dramatic times... the day before the hardfork...   I could appreciate how anyone newly coming into bitcoin might have some pause at that particular time... like? What the fuck is going on?  And some of the exchanges were even saying that they were not going to allow transactions for several hours around the fork time because they were not sure what was going to happen.. which all makes sense from an exchange perspective and surely could inpire uncertainties from anyone freshly coming into bitcoin, even if we do not account for your other particulars.
Interesting that you mention this.  Actually, I only registered to this forum to write my opinion on the fork, in 2017.
....guess who was the guy posting right after me.. you  Cheesy

Before that I was just reading the WO, for years.
But in 2017 the times were crazy, and for the first time I felt the urge to share my opinion fwiw.

Well that's a pretty decent first post, even though I might not have had completely agreed with your tone of "let the best fork win," "no BIG deal tone," even though ultimately it is not really incorrect... and there surely were BTC HODLers who were panicking way more then either you or me at the time... .. and some BTC HODLers were betting quite BIG on the other horse.. and some were just nervous... which surely, I am not going to proclaim that I was not nervous, even though I largely did not change too much in what I was doing in terms of my strategy to attempt to continue to prepare myself financially and psychologically for either price direction.

By the way, it can take a while for any of the somewhat potential histories of the various members to kind of form a picture in terms of what was their personal journey, which surely causes me to consider that I am going to have some better ideas regarding who's Island that I might want to request visiting, when my 0.21 BTC is able to buy me a yacht.. hahahaha..

And, by the way, my picture of you in my head is still kind of formulated by some of the seeming panicking that you had been doing from time to time, and even seeming bearish and pessimistic outlook that stuck in my head in regards to "why is that guy whining so much about the BTC price?.. it is what it is.. and why he does he keep 'overly assigning visions' of down that might or might not happen?"  I remember those kind of interactions with you... during some portions of the 2018 correction and maybe even during the corrections that were happening in late 2019, too... just caused me to consider that you might have weak hands, whether you were directly saying otherwise or not.

Over the years I learned more about what I got into, and that helped me to get a longtime view.
So like you I developed a longterm view over time.  And I see many other newbs for whom that process is similar.
Even within the minority group of folks who at least somewhat favorably disposed or inclined to give it a chance (and look into it), there can be a variety of paths, including variations in regards to the extent that any of us might believe going down the shitcoin path might be part of our initial investigation (and/or due diligence) journey.
I'm doing my best to expose the shittiness of shitcoins to newbs I talk to, that's for sure.

It's a common journey for a lot of newbies to get caught up in that kind of a reasoning.  I remember in early 2021, I was talking to this girl/young lady who had a decent job (not really paid the greatest, but what else is new?, she had some decent education and smarts about the world and seemed to be interested in the kinds of bitcoin-related things that I was talking about with her) in her mid-to-late 20s about bitcoin over several months and she seemed to be getting what is bitcoin and understanding the investment thesis and how bitcoin was different from other projects/coins, and then I had not seen her or talked with her for several months.. except maybe superficially sharing some texts.. but nothing too deeply involved or related to bitcoin... and then at some point, maybe something like mid 2021.. she was all of a sudden deeply down the path of Chia mining or something like that... I mean holy shit.. she just went off the deep end fairly quickly, and I kind of lost touch with her somewhere in that process in which she was not hearing/listening to anything that I said because she seemed to have had developed her own decently strong point of view that was not making a lot of sense to me and seemed like she might had gotten involved in somethings related to that.. I am not really sure.. I lost touch.. and sometimes, I cannot bring myself to reach out and check.. and she is not reaching out to me.. so it is hard to know how things play out sometimes with some people that we might meet or talk with within a certain kind of context.. .

I remember the first (rather young) guy I "converted" complaining after a year that he'd "only" doubled his money and has not gotten rich yet.  After hearing such an ungrateful bs, I gave him a proper bat slapping.  And he's been a diamond hand holder for many years ever since.
Wow.. you have influences over people.   Shocked Shocked  I remember quite a few fairly powerful arguments in 2017-ish in this forum and some other places that I was posting in regards to shitcoiners who were pumping their bullshit by asserting that their coin had gone up 2x or 3x or even 4x as much as BTC, and grandpa coin BTC had little to no UPpity potential because it had already matured and had been on the market for 7 years or more.. so no pumpamentals.. so in that regard, I am like ongoingly arguing to say things like :"holy fucking shit, we have BTC going from $250 to $1k in a year (that's 4x), and then we ended up at $2,500 and that is 10x, and then you know that the price kept going up to $19,666 (which is 78x), and I am supposed to be disappointed because at various points in that journey some shitcoin was going up faster than BTC?  Those were ridiculous ways to try to propagandize various shitcoins and to proclaim that bitcoin was inferior blah blah blah..  
Everyone has influence over others.  Most of the time people sense if they are wrong and they just need somebody who tells it to their face (me included).
And sure, any new "get-rich-quick" story is probably the most effective to lure in and fleece newbs.  

I am sure that I have influences over people too.. but surely there is variance in terms of what kind of influences, and sometimes where any of us might be in our lives in terms of our situation and if our audience might be able to relate their situation to our situation.  I have a lot of folks telling me how great I am in regards to bitcoin, and they should have listened to me at various points in history... and then I tell them, well get the fuck started now,  bitcoin's investment thesis is not weaker now as compared to when we spoke earlier (several years ago or whatever), and so many people are just talk...in terms of saying "I should have listened to you," and there have been several times that I cannot even remember the conversation, so we spend a decent amount of time to pinpoint memories as to when I would have said the thing about bitcoin to them that they remember... so yeah, I had an influence upon them remembering that they should have listened to me, but whatever I had said did not cause them to act in the direction that I had suggested which largely has not changed over the years.. which largely can be summarized as: "get the fuck started, sooner rather than later."... of course, some nuances, but that's the general punchline.. also "The choice and the way you go about it is ultimately yours and don't come crying to me if you lose money...". hahahahahaha

Maybe my surrounding is just special (which I don't believe).  But I guess it's more about how I talk to people approaching me.  
Of course, there can be various demographic matters in which can cause you to have some different kinds of audiences, and maybe even different assessments in regards to your conversion success rate.
demographic goes from age 29 to 65, male and female(only one though), from low-wager to $millionaire.
So for 5-6 people quite the spectrum.

It takes two to tango.. so there is the demographics of the audience and there is the demographics of the presenter (uie-pooie)... .. and surely also what kind of relationship that you have with your audience members in terms of how much time you might spend around them, and all of that too, and I think part of my point would be that there can be a lot of variance in that too.. so for example, I remember times in my life in which I was more of a groupie.. I mean, I had a group of friends in which we hung out all the time and did silly things, and seems like we never had any money back then or brains either based on some of the dumb shit that we did, but sometimes we would be influential over each other in a variety of ways that might change.. including if you have times in your life when you are working within an organization in which you are somewhat forced (by the nature of what is done) to meet a lot of people and maybe even doing projects with them and getting known for your group projects, and there can be influence in those situations too. .. and surely community groups can vary at various times in life and also what might be available in one community that might be rural or another that might be small to medium sized town versus another situation in which there is big city (or subburb) living.

I definitely make sure to tell them as much as I can about the extreme suffering most hodlers endure(d) during 80-90 % down turns.  And boy I have some emotional damage to share  Cheesy
For sure, I don't believe in ONLY sharing upside... even though it is o.k to talk about both, and surely the world-experiences of people can sometimes affect how any of us might talk with someone about bitcoin, including attempting to figure out what they already know or believe.
many of them have already heard the stupid talking points from media and shitcoiners.  So I try to be a reasonable voice the best I can.
And I guess they feel that I don't wanna sell them anything. ...owning BTC is in one's self interest

Let's just face it.   The punchline is that either you are just more successful in converting peeps than this here cat, or you have different perspective of the world and the receptivities of the normies (including your supposed success rate) as compared to my perspective...

I am not suggesting that I am giving up merely because I hardly seem to have any success rate, and a bunch of folks diverge off into shitcoins or do dumb shit that is no where even close to what I had been suggesting that they do or how they approach lillie fiends... and ultimately I know that there are some folks in the real world who are more receptive than others in terms of sometimes they might already be inclined towards bitcoin when I meet them or find out about their interests in bitcoin, so I am not going to necessarily rule out the fact that some folks might end up tipping into bitcoin because of some interactions that they had with me in the real world.

That reminds me that I bumped into this guy in the street a couple of days ago, and I did not know him prior to that, but he surely was talkative.  He was probably in his late 60s and did not seem to be very rich or anything (so maybe a kind of early pensioner? or living off of social security? I did not ask).. and he was saying somethings that I did not completely agree with, but I was not finding him offensive or anything, and mostly I listened to a variety of his gripes, and I probably ended up talking with the guy for an hour or so.  The topic of bitcoin did not come up, and I was thinking that there could have been various places in our back and forth about living, family relations, politics, how expensive things were, government bureaucrats... blah blah blah..  that I might have mentioned bitcoin to him and then took the conversation in that direction to at least find out if he had ever heard of bitcoin and how it relates (or fixes) some of his concerns... but then I did not raise the topic.. and so in that sense, I was not influential in the bitcoin sense.. except for the fact that the guy started asking me a whole lot of somewhat personal questions, which caused me to believe that he liked me and he was being influenced by the way that I was responding to some of his ways of presenting topics... Towards the end of our conversation when I said I better get going because the sun is going down, he even asked me what kind of car he should buy (as a replacement to his current car).. hahahahaha?.. so we had a bit of back and forth about that topic, as a kind of bonus conversation topper part of our seemingly influential-potential discussion.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 05:01:16 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 06:01:20 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10215

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 06:05:32 AM
Merited by HI-TEC99 (1)

My gold is bitcoin.
Source

For those who want to look at the actual original, here's a link to the original message and forum thread started by member Sabunir.

@therationalroot
The trend line to pay attention to. #Bitcoin  #SPX

https://twitter.com/therationalroot/status/1617946066154029056

Don't you just "love" how that appearing to be correlated chart is taking such a "long" comparative perspective that goes all the way back to the beginning of 2020.. OMG!!!!!  I'm impressed.   Shocked Shocked Shocked
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 07:01:17 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 08:01:16 AM

Explanation
Y3shot

Activity: 588
Merit: 164

Bitcoin👌 or nothing

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 08:11:37 AM

Have to disagree.

Fiat is back by the guns and weapons of the police and the military

Since fiat us back by guns and weapons of the police and the military that means fiat is a threat, it is not safe having something that is back by guns because it can hurt in the future. Bitcoin is safe for the future and not back with weapons.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2901

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 08:49:00 AM

Ahh i missed the train guys... I didn't buy any Bitcoin Adult... I only have f*cking old plain and simple bitcoin...

Also missed earth shattering Oil Bitcoin or Bitcoin Pizza or Bitcoin Rhodium too... kill me Bitcoin Uranium was there all along I never knew...

Which bitcoin do you have?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/10k98vg/they_can_change_the_code_but_they_cannot_change/
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 09:01:20 AM

Explanation
Gachapin

Activity: 910
Merit: 1864

bitcoin retard

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 09:19:00 AM

Ahh i missed the train guys... I didn't buy any Bitcoin Adult... I only have f*cking old plain and simple bitcoin...

Also missed earth shattering Oil Bitcoin or Bitcoin Pizza or Bitcoin Rhodium too... kill me Bitcoin Uranium was there all along I never knew...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/10k98vg/they_can_change_the_code_but_they_cannot_change/

Bitcoin ALL, of course
Y3shot

Activity: 588
Merit: 164

Bitcoin👌 or nothing

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 09:25:21 AM

I missed all, I believe their is no late comer in bitcoin.  This are not the end of opportunities in bitcoin.  As far as bitcoin still exist their are lots of opportunities that will take place in the future for new bitcoin to experience.
Pages: « 1 ... 31663 31664 31665 31666 31667 31668 31669 31670 31671 31672 31673 31674 31675 31676 31677 31678 31679 31680 31681 31682 31683 31684 31685 31686 31687 31688 31689 31690 31691 31692 31693 31694 31695 31696 31697 31698 31699 31700 31701 31702 31703 31704 31705 31706 31707 31708 31709 31710 31711 31712 [31713] 31714 31715 31716 31717 31718 31719 31720 31721 31722 31723 31724 31725 31726 31727 31728 31729 31730 31731 31732 31733 31734 31735 31736 31737 31738 31739 31740 31741 31742 31743 31744 31745 31746 31747 31748 31749 31750 31751 31752 31753 31754 31755 31756 31757 31758 31759 31760 31761 31762 31763 ... 33327 »
  Print  

Jump to: