Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:49:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908382 times)
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 03:50:31 PM

Welp. Besides all the fiat problems, they also have a problem with BTC withdrawals... They spend Coinbase transactions with only 6 confirmation...
This coin selection bug is fixed now, isn't it?  Somebody are mining to a MtGox address.  Clever.  I can understand why MtGox didn't think of that.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jouke

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 04:54:58 PM

Welp. Besides all the fiat problems, they also have a problem with BTC withdrawals... They spend Coinbase transactions with only 6 confirmation...
This coin selection bug is fixed now, isn't it?  Somebody are mining to a MtGox address.  Clever.  I can understand why MtGox didn't think of that.
This happened today.

Koop en verkoop snel en veilig bitcoins via iDeal op Bitonic.nl
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 11:02:14 PM

I think you should not spread, that SEPA transfers are solved, until you saw it with your own eyes.. And even if no one here is lying it could be the same as usual, that it's just luck which transfer is fast and which not.
Fact is that there are thousands of undone withdraws pending or "confirmed" since weeks or months. Only if these undone transfers were done, they can say "it's solved".
You have to document your claim of thousands of withdraws pending.  I count a total of three recent SEPA withdrawals in this thread which have been pending for more  than two weeks.  Each one reeported over and over.  Standard international withdrawal is very slow.  We know that.  There is a huge backlog from the middle of June.

I'll try a four digit SEPA withdrawal next week, and report back.
I have 5 open SEPA transfers. 3 of them about 200€, one 400€ and one of 800€.  I ordered the transfers: 2013/07/30 , 2013/07/30 , 2013/07/31 ,2013/08/12 and 2013/08/14. One order from 2013/07/26 about 200€ I got after 3 weeks.

So nothing is solved for open transfers... and I doubt it's solved for new transfers, but we will see.

Edit: ah and one withdrawl about 150€ from 2013/07/23 I got after a few days.

Edit2: just because there are not many people reporting delayed transfers, u can't say there are no. Because at the moment it's "normal" and normally no one cares about it anymore.
Today I made a new SEPA transfer about 300€, I will report back, if I get them next week.
I didn't have to contact support.  MagicalTux explained it on #mtgox today:
Code:
13:30 < jouke> Just received an answer on my ticket: "We were bound to certain 
               withdrawal limits per day which forces the requests to pile up
               in long queue. We suggest you to cancel all your pending
               withdrawal request and make a new combined single request. So
               that it be processed faster."
13:32 <@MagicalTux> remember one thing
13:32 <@MagicalTux> if you did multiple requests, only one can be processed
                    every ~20 days
In short: Cancel all your tiny withdrawals and merge them into one.  It will be processed much faster.

That is fuckin VITAL information.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:18:49 AM

I think you should not spread, that SEPA transfers are solved, until you saw it with your own eyes.. And even if no one here is lying it could be the same as usual, that it's just luck which transfer is fast and which not.
Fact is that there are thousands of undone withdraws pending or "confirmed" since weeks or months. Only if these undone transfers were done, they can say "it's solved".
You have to document your claim of thousands of withdraws pending.  I count a total of three recent SEPA withdrawals in this thread which have been pending for more  than two weeks.  Each one reeported over and over.  Standard international withdrawal is very slow.  We know that.  There is a huge backlog from the middle of June.

I have 5 open SEPA transfers. 3 of them about 200€, one 400€ and one of 800€.  I ordered the transfers: 2013/07/30 , 2013/07/30 , 2013/07/31 ,2013/08/12 and 2013/08/14. One order from 2013/07/26 about 200€ I got after 3 weeks.

So nothing is solved for open transfers... and I doubt it's solved for new transfers, but we will see.

Edit2: just because there are not many people reporting delayed transfers, u can't say there are no. Because at the moment it's "normal" and normally no one cares about it anymore.
Today I made a new SEPA transfer about 300€, I will report back, if I get them next week.
Code:
                    every ~20 days
In short: Cancel all your tiny withdrawals and merge them into one.  It will be processed much faster.

And of course this was not put into the updates on their press releases.

Make a press release and leave out important information like this = Gox's style of running a "professional" business.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:35:49 AM

Code:
                    every ~20 days

Also a convenient way to move you to the back of the line.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 05:12:36 PM

Make a press release and leave out important information like this = Gox's style of running a "professional" business.
Right. That's how Mt. Gox divides the suckers into tiers.

There are the suckers who believe what it says on the Mt. Gox web site: "Trade with confidence on the world's largest Bitcoin exchange".   And their press releases: "Mt. Gox is happy to announce that global account withdrawals have now fully resumed as of today" (July 4, 2013). Those suckers are likely to keep their money in Mt. Gox because they have no idea there's a problem. Mt. Gox keeps them in the dark.

The next class of suckers are those who know Mt. Gox has problems, but think they have some way around them. Those are the people who think it's OK if USD withdrawals don't work as long as SEPA or JPY or Bitcoin withdrawals do. Mt. Gox keeps them happy by alternating between delays in each withdrawal method.

Then there are the ones who don't quit because they're addicted to gambling and Mt. Gox is the biggest bookie around. These are the kind of people who knowingly invest in Ponzi schemes, thinking they'll get out early and be one of the winners. 
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1092

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:16:49 PM

If that is really banking issues, why don't they use Western Union? I believe WU fee is much lower than 5%

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
sturle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 07:49:10 PM

Have you ever written a press release which got the press' attention?  This is not the kind of information you would put in a press release.  Press releases should be short and to the point, and leave out details. It would in fact be very unprofessional to put details like this in a press release.  The 20 days are a variable depending on the queue length, btw.  It is more like 10 now.

MtGox should however keep an updated information page about the status of withdrawals, queue disciplines and the length and trends of the various queues.  Much like the information I have collected from various sources.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
zeta1

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:30:51 PM

Have you ever written a press release which got the press' attention?  This is not the kind of information you would put in a press release.  Press releases should be short and to the point, and leave out details. It would in fact be very unprofessional to put details like this in a press release.  The 20 days are a variable depending on the queue length, btw.  It is more like 10 now.

MtGox should however keep an updated information page about the status of withdrawals, queue disciplines and the length and trends of the various queues.  Much like the information I have collected from various sources.

I am waiting for a withdrawal form the 20th of august. St*pid Gox
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 05:15:45 AM

+1

All of the complaints have set my exceptions pretty low, and induced me to hedge my bets with other options before I even started trying to use them to trade out of BTC.  When I hit the 1 month for getting my wire (which is coming right up) I'll try to get some feedback from support and/or hook up to their IRC or whatever.  I accept that they may have more than their fair share of problems which are not their own fault, but it seems reasonable that Mt. Gox should proactively provide some general information, if not specific information, about how things are going.  I've not found it in the times I've logged on to try to check up on things.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:30:38 AM

+1

All of the complaints have set my exceptions pretty low, and induced me to hedge my bets with other options before I even started trying to use them to trade out of BTC.  When I hit the 1 month for getting my wire (which is coming right up) I'll try to get some feedback from support and/or hook up to their IRC or whatever.  I accept that they may have more than their fair share of problems which are not their own fault, but it seems reasonable that Mt. Gox should proactively provide some general information, if not specific information, about how things are going.  I've not found it in the times I've logged on to try to check up on things.

I really wish they kept a blog or something. I don't understand why they are so secretive and opaque. Sometimes I feel like they are disgusted by their customers and want as little as possible to do with us. *sigh*

more or less retired.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:45:59 AM

+1

I really wish they kept a blog or something. I don't understand why they are so secretive and opaque. Sometimes I feel like they are disgusted by their customers and want as little as possible to do with us. *sigh*

Ya, time and time again I am blown away by Bitcoin businesses generally being so poor about communications.  It always seems like such a no-brainer to put oneself in the mind of a customer and ask oneself what kind of information and communications they may want, but they always seem to fall so short.  Dunno why.  It is probably easy for those of us on our side of the equation to underestimate the effort it might take to do various things, but I really cannot see how updating a blog could be so problematic. 

Another hypothesis is that somehow they are barred from discussing certain things, but that seems pretty weak in most cases.  I doubt that in instances such as Mt. Gox's issues (whatever they are) or Bitcoin-Central's Instawallet theft they are under some sort of gag order.  If they have lawyers that tell them not to talk then it should be easy and safe to just say so.

My strongest hypothesis is just that the kinds of people who get these businesses going (or buy them from someone who has...as is the case for both Mt. Gox and Instawallet come to think of it) are the types who would fall into a trap of believing themselves so elevated from the 'customer class' that we just don't warrant the time it takes to produce information.  Seems weird though.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:57:03 AM

Code:
                    every ~20 days

Its only true if its up to €30k  in total. Anymore than that and you screw yourself worse.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 07:35:55 AM

They were sitting on a golden egg being the leading exchange on the most speculative market since Dutch Tulips.

I would imagine that they collected between 10 to 20 percent of all revenues generated in the financial i.e. speculative sector of the Bitcoin economy.

In the past they have been stumped by shear volume of interest, hackers, KYC/AML compliance demands, businesses partners demanding strict coherence to contracts.

We can all thank Mt.Gox for a lot and they have come trough before when everyone suspected we had  heard the last of them.

In the past they must have had several flashes of insights in the line of; "Damned, I guess we can no longer run a multinational financial business from my bedroom in our underwear". However they have also in the past been somewhat honest about their difficulties and presenting a strategy and a time line to solve things in their press statements.

I think that if their problems were balance sheet related, they would have shut down late July early August and been honest about it. I think their troubles are justice related and they are bending over flat to various investigators to supply costumer and transaction info, something they would not be able to disclose publicly. Other have suggested that too, and Gox might be in a situation similar to the e-Gold guy in the late 90'ies.

So yes, this is bad for Bitcoin and Gox and us the costumers with trading accounts. However Gox is not e-gold and in the case that Mark Kapels and the rest of the gang gets arrested and Gox shut down, our assets won't disappear, as was the case with e-gold as the exchange and the currency was one single entity, both found to be illegal.

We will have the same joint civil suit  rights as if we have dealt with any other private business. So if they are charged with not compliance to AML or other stuff, legit verified customers will have no trouble documenting their balances and claim compensation. This is very clear cut case compared to the Trendon Shavers mess. Gox also have some high profiled traders and investors that have money to burn on lawyers, another benefit for the small creditor if it ends like this.

Nagle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 06:08:30 PM

If Mt. Gox provided honest figures, the financial press would notice and Mt. Gox would go out of business.

If they provided real performance numbers:
 - Total USD, EUR, JPY, GBP withdrawals requested by customers and not yet paid to them.
 - Days slowest payment has been in queue for each currency.
 - Total USD, etc. owed to customers. (Total deposits)
 - Total USD, etc. in segregated customer cash account with bank.
nobody would send them more money.
sturle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 06:28:48 PM

If Mt. Gox provided honest figures, the financial press would notice and Mt. Gox would go out of business.

- Total USD, EUR, JPY, GBP withdrawals requested by customers and not yet paid to them.
Some of this information is very sensitive and some is useless.  E.g. oldest withdrawal in the queue.  If you intentionally DDoS the withdrawal queue by doing many small withdrawals instead of one large, you are placed far back in the queue every time a withdrawal is processed.  This is only fair.  Some of this is very market sensitive.  E.g. total deposits.  (Which are in many different currencies, btw, not just USD.)  They should not publish this, and if they did it would mean instant death as an exchange.  Large investors must depend on MtGox not publishing those numbers.  MtGox has very a very strict privacy policy as well.  It is important to ensure that no private information can leak out.  I can't see any other exchanges publish those numbers either.

The only important number to most people is how long they have to wait for their money if they withdraw today, and how the queue is organized.  I have provided the know figures in this thread.  It is collected from various sources, and I wish MtGox would make similar information available.

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 06:38:11 PM

MtGox should however keep an updated information page about the status of withdrawals, queue disciplines and the length and trends of the various queues.  Much like the information I have collected from various sources.

Some of this information is very sensitive and some is useless.  E.g. oldest withdrawal in the queue.  If you intentionally DDoS the withdrawal queue by doing many small withdrawals instead of one large, you are placed far back in the queue every time a withdrawal is processed.  This is only fair.  Some of this is very market sensitive.  E.g. total deposits.  (Which are in many different currencies, btw, not just USD.)  They should not publish this, and if they did it would mean instant death as an exchange.  Large investors must depend on MtGox not publishing those numbers.  MtGox has very a very strict privacy policy as well.  It is important to ensure that no private information can leak out.  I can't see any other exchanges publish those numbers either.

The only important number to most people is how long they have to wait for their money if they withdraw today, and how the queue is organized.  I have provided the know figures in this thread.  It is collected from various sources, and I wish MtGox would make similar information available.

I disagree. I do not see anything wrong with aggregate data transparency as other financial institutions do this already.  So, what is your logical rationale for instant death an an exchange providing such figures?  
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:48:32 PM

Some of this information is very sensitive and some is useless.  E.g. oldest withdrawal in the queue.  If you intentionally DDoS the withdrawal queue by doing many small withdrawals instead of one large, you are placed far back in the queue every time a withdrawal is processed.  This is only fair.  Some of this is very market sensitive.  E.g. total deposits.  (Which are in many different currencies, btw, not just USD.)  They should not publish this, and if they did it would mean instant death as an exchange.  Large investors must depend on MtGox not publishing those numbers.  MtGox has very a very strict privacy policy as well.  It is important to ensure that no private information can leak out.  I can't see any other exchanges publish those numbers either.

The only important number to most people is how long they have to wait for their money if they withdraw today, and how the queue is organized.  I have provided the know figures in this thread.  It is collected from various sources, and I wish MtGox would make similar information available.

"Indefinite"

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
davidspitzer

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:10:42 PM

It all just seems like a rather transparent ploy to float cash after the confiscation of their funds
davidspitzer

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:11:58 PM

I traded one Bitcoin three weeks ago and initiated a international money transferred to my bank in the US I have not seen hide nor hair of it
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: