Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:26:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908382 times)
FreeTrade
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:16:54 PM

Thanks, that's very helpful. I'll try to get set up for the SEPA withdrawal.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
advanced

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

Woodwallets.io

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 07:50:43 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 08:04:51 PM by advanced

I'm in the exact same situation (waiting for international transfer from 2nd July).
I'm not sure how to 'cancel' the operation on MtGox, I'll try right away and keep you posted.

Thanks!
Waiting since 2nd July 2013 06:54:11 for USD withdrawal to European Bank.

Support have not been able to provide a date when they expected to be able to process the withdrawal.
You should cancel it and withdraw EUR via SEPA instead.  You will have your money in less than a week.

See:

A short summary of what we currently know about withdrawals:
  • JPY domestic is next day
    • one extra delay recorded due to misspelling of Japanese name
    • one day extra recorded due to extraordinary volume (JPY withdrawal volume was > 1 million USD yesterday)
  • EUR via SEPA is less than one week
    • maximum per user is one withdrawal per 20 days
    • very large withdrawals can be delayed up tp two weeks
  • International withdrawals are very slow.
    • Only 10 standard international withdrawals are processed daily.
    • Queue is strictly FIFO, unclear if FIFO is per user or per withdrawal.
    • It is possible to make an express manual withdrawal via another payment provider for a fee.
Any counterexamples?
(There are NO known counterexamples.)

Bitmessage : BM-NAx31aEiqeq5zKUtxhKscXQ7Dwn1jJfR
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:08:50 PM

I'm in the exact same situation (waiting for international transfer from 2nd July).
I'm not sure how to 'cancel' the operation on MtGox, I'll try right away and keep you posted.

Thanks!

--->

One question:
How to cancel a withdrawal on Mtgox?

Chat with or email support.

@sturle:
I'm excited to hear about your withdrawal and if you will get ur money in less than one week.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:13:16 PM

If you requested a withdrawal anytime after July 1st you can cancel that request and sell your BTC elsewhere at a premium probably.

No, because if you cancel your withdrawal request you still have only USD or EUR in you account - and not BTC.

You'd still have to exchange USD -> BTC on MtGox before you can move it to another exchange.

Yes, that's my point. You cancel your withdrawal request and get USD/EUR back into your account. You then buy BTC and move BTC somewhere else to sell. Before it made little sense to buy an asset with falling price, but now the price is rising and it's more favorable to own BTC.

Mt.Gox doesn't owe anyone the ability to sell BTC for fiat cash. If someone bought BTC then that's their decision to invest in that asset.
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 08:36:53 PM

If you requested a withdrawal anytime after July 1st you can cancel that request and sell your BTC elsewhere at a premium probably.
No, because if you cancel your withdrawal request you still have only USD or EUR in you account - and not BTC.

You'd still have to exchange USD -> BTC on MtGox before you can move it to another exchange.
Yes, that's my point. You cancel your withdrawal request and get USD/EUR back into your account. You then buy BTC and move BTC somewhere else to sell. Before it made little sense to buy an asset with falling price, but now the price is rising and it's more favorable to own BTC.
If you need the fiat, and you can withdraw either JPY to a Japanese account or EUR to an account within SEPA (EU + EEA + Switzerland and Monaco), you should sell at MtGox and withdraw from there.  The price is better there than on all other exchanges.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
bitcoinmarketmaker

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

put me on speeddial#1

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 08:53:17 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 09:07:58 PM by bitcoinmarketmaker

Mt.Gox doesn't owe anyone the ability to sell BTC for fiat cash. If someone bought BTC then that's their decision to invest in that asset.

I respectfully disagree with the quote above, a BTC exchange MUST have both the option to buy BTC with fiat AND to sell BTC for fiat. If on one side there is an in-balance/delay, then it is not a proper exchange, and in the "real" financial world this would mean they would be out of business in not more than 3 days. And this is what I believe is going to happen with Mt.Gox (but I don't mean in 3 days). But I really hope I am wrong and this is not going to happen, but I am already OUT of Mt. Gox, impossible to do serious work with Mt.Gox as a partner.

But I do agree with the other part of the post of the same author, about cancelling Mt.Gox fiat withdrawals, buying BTC, holding them in an offline wallet or transferring them to another exchange for fiat withdrawal.

acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:43:53 PM

I respectfully disagree with the quote above, a BTC exchange MUST have both the option to buy BTC with fiat AND to sell BTC for fiat. If on one side there is an in-balance/delay, then it is not a proper exchange, and in the "real" financial world this would mean they would be out of business in not more than 3 days. And this is what I believe is going to happen with Mt.Gox (but I don't mean in 3 days). But I really hope I am wrong and this is not going to happen, but I am already OUT of Mt. Gox, impossible to do serious work with Mt.Gox as a partner.

But I do agree with the other part of the post of the same author, about cancelling Mt.Gox fiat withdrawals, buying BTC, holding them in an offline wallet or transferring them to another exchange for fiat withdrawal.

Yes, I considered editing that line out knowing someone would call me on it reasoning exactly as you did.

I left it in because Mt.Gox does still allow the exchange of BTC for fiat. That's not the part of the process that broke. Moving that fiat via certain channels is where the problem arose.
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:03:04 AM

Yes, I considered editing that line out knowing someone would call me on it reasoning exactly as you did.

I left it in because Mt.Gox does still allow the exchange of BTC for fiat. That's not the part of the process that broke. Moving that fiat via certain channels is where the problem arose.

Or so they claim.  We'll find out the truth eventually.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:30:46 AM

The sepa EUR withdraw seems to be working fine now. Got my last xfer within 3 working days.
ibox

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:39:26 AM

I'm really among the people who think they are not trying to fraud but I don't understand WHY they don't take another bank! Or split the amount into several account and after send it from there.

I called the Polish bank and indeed they have a max limit of 120k€ per day (after I was a simple caller so I guess some negociations are possible at another level) but why don't they open 10 bank account in this case? They will be able to send around 1 milion per day no?
Or several bank account in several banks and even the time that someone deposit the money on the Polish bank if they move it to "toto bank" (it will take 1 day) they will be able after to face all the demands and to grow faster in Europe...
I don't get it...
sturle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 09:12:48 AM

Updated short summary of what we currently know about withdrawals.

Changes: SEPA > 30k EUR have very low priority.  It will usually be faster to split those in 30k chunks to get in the normal FIFO queue.  Users can now make one SEPA withdrawal per 10 days.  It used to be 20.  Normal withdrawals are processed in FIFO order, except for very small ones which get priority and are used to fill their daily quota.

• JPY domestic is next day
    • one extra delay recorded due to misspelling of Japanese name
    • one day extra recorded due to extraordinary volume (JPY withdrawal volume was > 1 million USD yesterday)
  • EUR via SEPA is less than one week
    • maximum per user is one withdrawal per 10 days
    • smaller than 1000 EUR will get in a priority queue and used to fill the daily quota
    • larger than 1000 EUR, up to 30000 EUR are processed in FIFO order
    • withdrawals > 30000 EUR will be delayed for more than 10 days; split in chunks of 30k EUR for faster processing
  • International withdrawals are very slow.
    • Only 10 standard international withdrawals are processed daily.
    • Queue is strictly FIFO, unclear if FIFO is per user or per withdrawal.
    • It is possible to make an express manual withdrawal via another payment provider for a fee.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
sturle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 09:17:55 AM

I called the Polish bank and indeed they have a max limit of 120k€ per day (after I was a simple caller so I guess some negociations are possible at another level) but why don't they open 10 bank account in this case? They will be able to send around 1 milion per day no?
Call the bank again and ask if the 120k limit is per customer or per account.  I bet it is per customer.
Or several bank account in several banks and even the time that someone deposit the money on the Polish bank if they move it to "toto bank" (it will take 1 day) they will be able after to face all the demands and to grow faster in Europe...
I don't get it...
Call a few other banks and ask if they would like a large Bitcoin exchange for customer.  Tell them about the fraud problem as well, and the sad stories about the banking problems of other Bitcoin exchanges, in case they haven't heard them.  Perhaps Bitcoin24 could be a good example in Poland?

ibox

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:30:51 AM

@sturle, you are really annoying...

I want to talk with real users of platforms. I didn't answer your last post because it's obvious that you can look good in front of some people but I nailed your argumentation in 2 posts just yesterday (hard when someone use the same logic no?).

Let me clarify something : your last argument was "Did you never try to defend something you never did yourself?"

>>End of the game, come back home
we are talking about money here so my answer is NO I don't defend something I don't know on a topic supposed to help people understanding how they use THEIR MONEY because the big difference between you and I is that I currently have money in this business.

So I let you in peace but don't bother me anymore with this, you are OR a MG sales man OR a naive guy thinking that just logic and figures can explain everything in this business...in both case you look and act like a troll.

(I don't even wanna know where you took your 10 days withdrawal limit neither your stupid "proofs" I already kicked your ass on it)
sturle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 09:59:21 AM

I want to talk with real users of platforms. I didn't answer your last post because it's obvious that you can look good in front of some people but I nailed your argumentation in 2 posts just yesterday (hard when someone use the same logic no?).

Let me clarify something : your last argument was "Did you never try to defend something you never did yourself?"

we are talking about money here so my answer is NO I don't defend something I don't know on a topic supposed to help people understanding how they use THEIR MONEY because the big difference between you and I is that I currently have money in this business.
? You should take a introductory course in elementary logic.

Do you think all historians who write about the black plague have tried it themselves?  Or that everyone who defend the right to abortion have tried an abortion themselves?  Or the opposite?

I try to collect facts, and to help people do smart decisions based on the facts.  Nothing else.  I also have a considerable amount invested in Bitcoin, and I run a small Bitcoin business myself.  And I do arbitrage between MtGox and other exchanges like most other people posting here.

So I let you in peace but don't bother me anymore with this, you are OR a MG sales man OR a naive guy thinking that just logic and figures can explain everything in this business...in both case you look and act like a troll.

(I don't even wanna know where you took your 10 days withdrawal limit neither your stupid "proofs" I already kicked your ass on it)
It would be impossible to give a formal proof of correctness.  (For the reasons why this is impossible, I suggest an introductory course in formal logic at any university.)  The information can however easily be proven wrong by giving one single counterexample.  I.e. an example which contradict the hypothesis.  As long as no counterexamples are found, and there are a lot of confirmations, I assume the information (hypothesis) to be correct, and you missed my ass by miles.  In case other people want to know about where I got the 10 days from: I let someone from MtGox support have a look at my previous version, and got some clarifications and updates.  The reduction from 20 to 10 days happened very recently.

I am just a normal customer of MtGox.  I never did any work for MtGox, nor did I ever receive any form of compensation from MtGox for providing facts here or elsewhere.

Resetif

Activity: 452
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 11:20:21 AM

Mtgox withdrew in JPY ?
ibox

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 11:42:03 AM

? You should take a introductory course in elementary logic.

Do you think all historians who write about the black plague have tried it themselves?  Or that everyone who defend the right to abortion have tried an abortion themselves?  Or the opposite?

I try to collect facts, and to help people do smart decisions based on the facts.  Nothing else.  I also have a considerable amount invested in Bitcoin, and I run a small Bitcoin business myself.  And I do arbitrage between MtGox and other exchanges like most other people posting here.

It would be impossible to give a formal proof of correctness.  (For the reasons why this is impossible, I suggest an introductory course in formal logic at any university.)  The information can however easily be proven wrong by giving one single counterexample.  I.e. an example which contradict the hypothesis.  As long as no counterexamples are found, and there are a lot of confirmations, I assume the information (hypothesis) to be correct, and you missed my ass by miles.  In case other people want to know about where I got the 10 days from: I let someone from MtGox support have a look at my previous version, and got some clarifications and updates.  The reduction from 20 to 10 days happened very recently.

I am just a normal customer of MtGox.  I never did any work for MtGox, nor did I ever receive any form of compensation from MtGox for providing facts here or elsewhere.

Haha!!! That's it, let's let people decide what they want but I have to give you this : you are a loudy funny person!
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 12:30:09 PM

Theorie and practise. Sooner or later all money reached my account. The duration was between 3 days and 4 weeks, and this can switch at all times. Difficult to prove anything.

Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 12:57:47 PM

In case other people want to know about where I got the 10 days from: I let someone from MtGox support have a look at my previous version, and got some clarifications and updates.  The reduction from 20 to 10 days happened very recently.

Hmm.. 20days would match to my experience, 10 days not.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 03:23:07 PM

Mtgox withdrew in JPY ?

Confirmed at one day processing time a few pages back in this thread.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:40:14 PM

But your last post...

Would you be kind engouh to explain me how can you defend that hard MtGox without having done any SEPA withdrawal before?

Yes, that is sort of incredible. But I guess the characteristics of the speaker don't logically have anything to do with the truth or falsity of their statements.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: