Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:04:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284835 times)
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:46:03 PM

For 41 LTC you can now order the next batch of L3+ for a Sept 13-20 shipment.  So price has gone up significantly given today's LTC price.  But the next batch is up for sale. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sqnkee

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:23:57 PM

1886$ for the september batch  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Bitmain know something we dont? Wink Anyway i'm in shock.
Ryancope123

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:04:12 PM

Guys surprised nobody has mentioned that LTC seems to be rising in price pretty damn quick !! I'm waiting on my mid-July miner to arrive (first one ) in the mean time, what's peoples thoughts on buying on coin base, what more do you think LTC has got to give currently at $53....

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 06:00:47 PM

you can buy now with 41 LTC  Undecided
with diff rising like hell on july, bitmain is gonna pump ltc price

Clearly Bitmain is taking the piss... pre-order 3 months out and they raise the price.

But it could be good news for July batch buyers. Perhaps Bitmain will try to keep difficulty somewhat sane over the next few weeks now that they need to show some possibility of ROI for this September batch. It's starting to look like a very convoluted ponzi scheme where early buyers depend on latecomers to keep the demand up.
fabrizeo

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:11:11 PM

Clearly Bitmain is taking the piss... pre-order 3 months out and they raise the price.

But it could be good news for July batch buyers. Perhaps Bitmain will try to keep difficulty somewhat sane over the next few weeks now that they need to show some possibility of ROI for this September batch. It's starting to look like a very convoluted ponzi scheme where early buyers depend on latecomers to keep the demand up.

so you call it a good time to buy the L3+ ?
buggy166

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:31:43 PM

in april, it was a great time. lol
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 06:31:56 PM

Absolutely not. I think it's insane to buy a miner with a delivery 3 months out... many bad things can happen in that time.
fabrizeo

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:39:28 PM

Absolutely not. I think it's insane to buy a miner with a delivery 3 months out... many bad things can happen in that time.

what would be those bad things ?

price go back to 25 ?

difficulty increase x2 ?

Based on my calculation even those happened this miner is still very profitable... i'd like to understand what do you factor in those "bad thing" ?

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 07:04:57 PM

price go back to 25 ?

difficulty increase x2 ?

Based on my calculation even those happened this miner is still very profitable... i'd like to understand what do you factor in those "bad thing" ?

Price going back to $25 might be better for ROI than price going up to $100 (if you calculate ROI in LTC, which you should), although if there is a price drop there is no guarantee it will stop at $25. Back in 2014 LTC went from $40 to $10 in a few months.

On the other hand, if the price keeps rising and Bitmain keeps selling miners on top of the (possibly) thousands they already sold for July/August then difficulty may rise a lot more than 2x by the time the September batch arrives.

Then there is the risk of hardware defects, the risk of lending your money to Bitmain, etc.

Don't take this is an investment advice though. You asked I answered. You may have a different tolerance for risk, which is fine. I've had my share of risky hardware purchases and now I'm mostly in GPUs.
Longsnowsm

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:11:15 PM

I know to a lot of the newer people here on the forum it may seem like those who have been around for a little bit or have spent any time digging through the history of crypto may sound very CYNICAL.  

But we know that ANYTHING GOES here.  The value of all cryptos is based on literally nothing.  So there are no balance sheets to analyze, forward projections of profit based on current products or planned product releases.  There literally is nothing to base any "calculations" upon.  It is all at the whim of the whales as to what happens next.

So we get a good run in coin prices and everyone comes out of the woodwork as a MEGA BULL on cryptos and as fast as you can blink all calculations are out the window with a moon shot, or in the basement because someone with enough pull jerked the rug from under the market.  Or a govt entity like the Chinese govt decides to clamp down or even make illegal cryptos.  Is is all a game, and all it takes a good FUD cycle to turn mega bulls into mega bears in about 10 minutes time.

We don't want to sound overly negative because we are enjoying this bull run like everyone is who is investing or mining.  However any forward projections beyond right here and right now are strictly a numbers game based on the possibilities.  

All anyone can tell you is that buying miners 2 and 3 months out and there is no refund or return policy is very risky.  Diff increases, coin prices, FUD cycles, more miners chasing too little coin values... If cryptos prices even just start to flatten out here and all those miners come on line from the July, Aug/Sep, and now the Sep batches come online there is no way anyone can forecast a earnings per miner per day.  Many of us have seen these miners grinding out little to nothing on a daily basis in the past so we are all to aware of what could happen.  If you are new you may not be aware just how HARD it can be.

Be as optimistic as you like, but mentally prepare for plan b or plan c if things don't go according to your numbers exercise because when the market corrects (and it will) there is going to be blood everywhere.  

Don't act all surprised when the grim reaper comes a calling and you have a pile of money tied up in miners that haven't even been built yet that would take 2 years or more to ROI if you are lucky because everyone's bullish forecasts have them sinking 10's of thousands or more in future sales of miners that could leave you holding the bag.

For everyone new who is piling into cryptos right now please remember to post your miners for sale here when the correction comes and your miners aren't making you any money.  There will be folks here glad to offer pennies on the dollar for your equipment.  I wish I were joking, but it is real...

What could happen bad?Huh LOL ANYTHING goes in the land of crypto....  
newtybar

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:34:07 PM

My Hashnest cloud "miner" that I bought for $1,800 USD is working out great.  In hindsight I should have bought 10 of them lol.

Plus no fuss with maintenance.

MachineZero

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:49:43 PM

My Hashnest cloud "miner" that I bought for $1,800 USD is working out great.  In hindsight I should have bought 10 of them lol.

Plus no fuss with maintenance.

One of the few exceptions to cloud miners not making money.

matttheazn

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:14:00 PM

It's not sold out, as it's not yet launched - as per L3+ "Notes" - bullet #6:
"Bitmain recommends the new PSU that is especially designed for the Antminer L3+ and will be available to purchase after 20 June 2017 with shipping start date before that of this Antminer L3+ batch."

Thanks for the clarifications. I have edited my answer too regarding the aternatives : an EVGA supernova 10 50 GS seems to be a good option.

http://deepinthemines.com/index.php?rt=product/product&product_id=211  site down atm but they have l3+ server based psu for $90
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:17:33 PM

price go back to 25 ?

difficulty increase x2 ?

This is sad.  The bad thing is that you think it's normal to get 1000%+ yearly returns or that it would stay that way for any extended period of time.  Best of luck.

crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:03:31 PM

It's not sold out, as it's not yet launched - as per L3+ "Notes" - bullet #6:
"Bitmain recommends the new PSU that is especially designed for the Antminer L3+ and will be available to purchase after 20 June 2017 with shipping start date before that of this Antminer L3+ batch."

Thanks for the clarifications. I have edited my answer too regarding the aternatives : an EVGA supernova 10 50 GS seems to be a good option.

http://deepinthemines.com/index.php?rt=product/product&product_id=211  site down atm but they have l3+ server based psu for $90

Used to be $74.99 and they jacked up the price i hate price gauging...
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:07:09 PM

Guys spoke with a source: Regarding Hashnest they are about to post 2000 Units at $4k or $4500.

dafuq?!?!?!

Yesterday I ordered an L3+ w/ PSU and shipping included for $1550 from giga-watt ( https://giga-watt.com/promo/prices ). Yes, giga-watt will be hosting it. Yes I have purchased WTT tokens which guarantee space and power. It will not arrive until 20-September or so but that's OK with me as I can not run it at home (electricity is too expensive here). Keep an eye on giga-watt's web page to see when they have L3+ in stock and buy from them. While you are waiting for the L3+ miner(s) to arrive buy enough WTT tokens to cover the L3+ miner order (see my sig for a referral link to buy WTT). Just remember that each L3+ requires 880 tokens.

There is no way that I'd pay USD4000-USD4500 for an L3+. If I was going to spend that kind of money for a miner, I'd be more inclined to build an open-frame GPU rig with six GTX 1080Ti GPUs and mine other altcoins. You'd probably have an better chance at achieving ROI. And at the end of the day, if you tire of GPU mining, selling off the 1080Ti GPUs will be easy.

i bought 1 at 1.8K, 1 at 3K, 1 at 3.6K, and for 5K already at hashnest,..so my average is pretty good, but still would like it to be priced at 5.5K-6K usd dollars. currently its 6K, so the drop wouldnt be to BIG.

They were rolling them out next week however they are having some issues with datacenter/power grid so not sure when Hashnest will be selling additional 2k units. Will keep you appraised if i hear anything different.
fabrizeo

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:31:48 AM

price go back to 25 ?

difficulty increase x2 ?

This is sad.  The bad thing is that you think it's normal to get 1000%+ yearly returns or that it would stay that way for any extended period of time.  Best of luck.

Hello, thanks for your answer. But yes this is the point even i factor very bad things in the mix like triple difficulty and lower price the roi is still in 3.5 months... So wondering why your assumption is it's such a risky investment.
GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:35:54 AM

Hello,

I am thinking to buy 20 L3+ in the current batch.

How would you calculate the potential gain with delivery in September?

I have difficulties estimating what would be the difficulty at this time...

My electricity rate is 0.07 usd per kh/w.

I base all my estimation on a price of 45 usd per litecoin but with 20 miners and a price of 100 usd per ltc i get 360,00 USD per year...

What is your thoughts on this ?

Ps : i live in china

Just plug the numbers into an online mining calculator. If you had your hands on those machines right now you would be making those insane figures. I already did the math, with a $40k investment - even at a relatively high $0.10c/kWh - you would make about $500,000 a year or $42,000 per month (shorter time frames for mining are better to look at for profits).

The difficulty however is expected to shoot up in a couple of months when people start firing these things up. However I expect the price of Litecoin to rise right along with it (as history has shown) - especially with everything going on with altcoins recently - and specifically Litecoin. It all depends on how much risk you're willing to take. Me personally? I'd risk it all for the chance at making those kinds of numbers, especially with your low electricity rate. Those kinds of numbers are life changing, for me at least. When I have the money in a month hopefully there will be a batch available, I'll be grabbing 30-40 and setting up a small mining operation.
Longsnowsm

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:39:29 AM

price go back to 25 ?

difficulty increase x2 ?

Hello, thanks for your answer. But yes this is the point even i factor very bad things in the mix like triple difficulty and lower price the roi is still in 3.5 months... So wondering why your assumption is it's such a risky investment.

Please keep me in mind when you are ready to sell your miners.  I will be glad to buy them from you when you are ready to sell.  No calculator or projection is going to help you on this one.   
GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:58:09 AM

price go back to 25 ?

difficulty increase x2 ?

Please keep me in mind when you are ready to sell your miners.  I will be glad to buy them from you when you are ready to sell.  No calculator or projection is going to help you on this one.   

Exactly. These ROI numbers don't even include all of the money you'll get back when you decide to upgrade and sell the miners. Sure you'll get less than what you paid because others will be upgrading too, but they really do hold their value (relatively). People are still buying/selling the Antminer S3/S5. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: