Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:03:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 181 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Klondike - 16 chip ASIC Open Source Board - Preliminary  (Read 435330 times)
Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:33:29 PM

I'm just waiting on BitPay to activate my merchant account for the web store to be open. I have Paypal hooked up but I'd rather have both going initially. Oh, I should probably test Paypal first too. I have a custom domain too, and tried to get OpenBitcoinStore to activate that but they seem to be asleep over there or too busy. Has OpenBitcoinStore been abandoned maybe?

Look at PrestaShop also. its a fully free webshop, which has plugins for both paypal and bitcoins for free..
there you handle stock, shipping costs, everything.

Never knew about PrestaShop, I didn't find the bitcoin plugin tho, you got a link?

-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BkkCoins (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 01:49:43 PM

Hi BKKCoins
Klondike k16 board design is ready(i want order few PCBs)? Which design is more preferable (qfn or not?)?
And about k1 (v 0.1) You said that it is better to replace 74AUP1G02GW with a 74AUP2G02, but in last update of BOM for K1 at github NOR Gate is 74AUP1G02GW.  Which is better to install?
Thank You!
QFN and SS both perform the same. It depends which one you can get. The SS ran out a while ago and there was QFN until just a day or two ago. It could be a while before they are easy to find again.

I haven't updated the K1 files yet. The new board revision will use the 2G02 but it's not pin compatible so you can't place that on the old board.

Here's a brief list of changes I'm doing for the K1:

- replace NOR gate with DUAL NOR gate
- add Schmitt inverter package
- chg PIC to QFN
- add thermistor for temperature sensing
- add 2 holes for mounting a heat sink
- Make both LEDs flashable (tied to PIC pins)
- make I2C non-thru hole SMD header type pads
- use 2mm board thickness for USB compatibility
- specify an alternate reg and inductor allowing 3A power (not for USB 2.0 ports)

I'm part way thru this now but have been sidetracked today by work on the web store (which is up now but not tested yet). Yay!

I have bypassed BitPay for now since I found the WordPress plugin for Bitcoin direct to Electrum wallet using MPK. Cool. This lets me generate unique bitcoin addresses for users which I'll use to automate licensing. ie. Vendors and End Users both have a shop item they can buy for licensing, and they get a bitcoin address assigned so they can mine to that if they want.

Bkk have you experience with hash rate stability if you have one chip soldered  on board designed for more asic ?
I have testing an Avalon clone for overclocking,  and can't go over 240MH/s with standard and non standard settings.
Generally,  hash rate are very volatile. I testing with only one chip (sample) that I have. Waiting for delivery my order from 1st batch Smiley

I don't know anything about the Avalon boards. I don't think one chip would be worse off than when full. The chips are sensitive to noise and power so try to ensure you have both well under control.

gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:24:02 PM

I've designed some Klondike 16 computer case/motherboard adapters.  The designs are open source.  Use these adapters to mount Klondike 16's into any of: 3.5" Drive Bay, 5.25" Drive Bay, PCI Express slot, or PCI slot.

Thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246638

For sale here:
https://cp.virtualvm.com/cart.php

I would not cross post, except that the designs are free and I'm doing this as a service to the community -- not for profit. Smiley

Personally, I'm using these adapters to install a dozen K16's into a $90 4U case from newegg.  Details and pics in the Adapters thread linked above.

Love it, expect to sell hundreds of them when the klondike boards come close to delivery. What's your production capacity?

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
driksson

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:29:18 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 02:48:19 PM by driksson

I'm just waiting on BitPay to activate my merchant account for the web store to be open. I have Paypal hooked up but I'd rather have both going initially. Oh, I should probably test Paypal first too. I have a custom domain too, and tried to get OpenBitcoinStore to activate that but they seem to be asleep over there or too busy. Has OpenBitcoinStore been abandoned maybe?

Look at PrestaShop also. its a fully free webshop, which has plugins for both paypal and bitcoins for free..
there you handle stock, shipping costs, everything.

Never knew about PrestaShop, I didn't find the bitcoin plugin tho, you got a link?

walletbit is one of them: (its shut down i see now)
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/123095-module-walletbit-payment-module-to-accept-bitcoin/

But others have it also:
https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-shopping-cart-plugins
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/123451-module-free-bitcoin/

dimka890

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:32:31 PM

Hi BKKCoins
Klondike k16 board design is ready(i want order few PCBs)? Which design is more preferable (qfn or not?)?
And about k1 (v 0.1) You said that it is better to replace 74AUP1G02GW with a 74AUP2G02, but in last update of BOM for K1 at github NOR Gate is 74AUP1G02GW.  Which is better to install?
Thank You!
QFN and SS both perform the same. It depends which one you can get. The SS ran out a while ago and there was QFN until just a day or two ago. It could be a while before they are easy to find again.

I haven't updated the K1 files yet. The new board revision will use the 2G02 but it's not pin compatible so you can't place that on the old board.

Here's a brief list of changes I'm doing for the K1:

- replace NOR gate with DUAL NOR gate
- add Schmitt inverter package
- chg PIC to QFN
- add thermistor for temperature sensing
- add 2 holes for mounting a heat sink
- Make both LEDs flashable (tied to PIC pins)
- make I2C non-thru hole SMD header type pads
- use 2mm board thickness for USB compatibility
- specify an alternate reg and inductor allowing 3A power (not for USB 2.0 ports)
I think i can fix klondike v0.1 (NOR Gate issue) using little add-on pcb. Place on it 100 Ohm resistor, footprint for 2G02, and conect it all, like in k16 schematic?. What about Schmitt inverter package? it is need? Maybe  also place it on add-on pcb?
BkkCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 04:42:50 PM

I think i can fix klondike v0.1 (NOR Gate issue) using little add-on pcb. Place on it 100 Ohm resistor, footprint for 2G02, and conect it all, like in k16 schematic?. What about Schmitt inverter package? it is need? Maybe  also place it on add-on pcb?
Yes, a small add-on board would work. If it didn't take me so long to order and receive boards I'd try that but it's not worth it as new K1s would take the same time.

The inverter isn't strictly needed but it does seem to help at higher clocks. It tightens up the timing a lot so that it's more consistent with faster rise times, and at 420 MHz it can still read the result whereas without the inverters it usually cannot.

Just use the same circuit as K16 because I'm simply copying that into the k1 board. Well, I've done that already and I'm just reworking the board.

I can push the new K1 schematic up now anyway. I'll just update the parts list first.

Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:04:05 PM

I've designed some Klondike 16 computer case/motherboard adapters.  The designs are open source.  Use these adapters to mount Klondike 16's into any of: 3.5" Drive Bay, 5.25" Drive Bay, PCI Express slot, or PCI slot.

Thread here:

For sale here:

I would not cross post, except that the designs are free and I'm doing this as a service to the community -- not for profit. Smiley

Personally, I'm using these adapters to install a dozen K16's into a $90 4U case from newegg.  Details and pics in the Adapters thread linked above.

Love it, expect to sell hundreds of them when the klondike boards come close to delivery. What's your production capacity?

Seems to be 3D Printed?, that's pretty cool, but production capacity might be a problem?

-
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:13:56 PM

Thread here:

For sale here:

Seems to be 3D Printed?, that's pretty cool, but production capacity might be a problem?

Yes it is a 3d printer. Production capacity would depend on what printer and how many printers he has.
Also jdape has a thread for is mounts so can we keep talk about them in that thread thanks.

Message me if you have any problems
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 05:51:01 PM

@BKKCoins... you should check out opencart. No stupid scriptlanguage to learn, all in php. And it has many extensions for free and the shop itself is free too.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
lexis200

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:44:16 PM

Steamboat is using Magento http://www.magentocommerce.com/download which looks very nice and has bitpay capability. Just in case you still need options!

Alms for an ex-leper... 1CDttnLVYtDhvK9h69LXJdPT3E6skyTfy8
Kyune

Activity: 287

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:49:50 PM

Any further intel on the viability of using K16 boards with p2pool?  If I recall correctly, there was concern expressed a while back in this thread that latency issues with the chips or some such might cause issues with p2pool.  I may have missed the resolution of this discussion, if there was one.

BTC:  1K4VpdQXQhgmTmq68rbWhybvoRcyNHKyVP
jdape

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 07:40:04 PM

What's your production capacity?

Yep, 3D printed using ABS plastic on a Replicator 1.   Production answer on the Klondike Adapters thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246638.msg2750323#msg2750323

Fork Networking - VPS, Colocation, Dedicated Servers for Bitcoin & Litecoin. Since 1994! www.forked.net
bitbeast

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:03:54 PM

add thermistor for temperature sensing

- How do you intend to calibrate the thermal sensor?

In mass production, I mean.

Time is money mining.
BkkCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 01:31:44 AM

Any further intel on the viability of using K16 boards with p2pool?  If I recall correctly, there was concern expressed a while back in this thread that latency issues with the chips or some such might cause issues with p2pool.  I may have missed the resolution of this discussion, if there was one.
I don't know what latency issues were referred to. Nonces are returned immediately so I don't see any reason for delay or problems with p2pool.

add thermistor for temperature sensing

- How do you intend to calibrate the thermal sensor?

In mass production, I mean.
I don't think it needs to be that accurate. I'll probably allow some kind of preset offset value in the software which users can trim for a one-point adjustment.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:32:55 AM

There have been a number of questions regarding the (not for USB 2.0 ports) reference BKKCoins. Can you explain in a bit more detail, only if you have the time, about this reference? Pardon my ignorance I just want to make sure people are clear about the reference.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
.m.

Activity: 280
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:16:11 AM

I'd love to see klondikes work on p2pool. Is there any brave tester, who can point his device to one of public nodes here http://p2pool-nodes.info/ and use his payout address as username and wait for a day for results please ?
Or would anybody be kind to spare couple chips so we can test it ?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

bebfoo

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:25:04 AM

So what's the maximum stable, low error hashing rate anyone has gotten on a K16 to date? I have Terrahah K64s on order and am really hoping they'll be able to do more than the 18 Gh/s advertised.

BkkCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 06:18:12 AM

There have been a number of questions regarding the (not for USB 2.0 ports) reference BKKCoins. Can you explain in a bit more detail, only if you have the time, about this reference? Pardon my ignorance I just want to make sure people are clear about the reference.
A USB 2.0 port only needs to provide a max. of 500mA @ 5V. And sometimes they cannot do even that if all ports are drawing near max.  Good USB hubs like the Anker ones provide enough juice that you may be able to draw more, but it's beyond spec. USB 3.0 hubs seem to be better as their spec has a max of 900mA. Some ports can provide more when operating as battery charger mode, but aren't required to when operating as data ports. And then you have issues regarding the RasPi not working with 3.0 hubs, and cgminer having problems on RasPi with running multiple devices at once. So there is many factors to determine what you can actually do, or get away with, beyond what "should" work. Some threads on this forum discuss these issues but I haven't kept abreast of the latest details.

I've been running on RasPi for a couple days non-stop at 330MHz with around 0.6% errors, and no issues at all. I'll be boosting to 340 soon to see how that works. I'm waiting for the new boards to do a full-populate and test. I'll not solder the ASICs by hand this time so it will be all 16 at once in the oven.

gyverlb

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:28:46 AM

I don't know what latency issues were referred to. Nonces are returned immediately so I don't see any reason for delay or problems with p2pool.

Nonces being returned immediately are one condition for good performance on p2pool.
The other is the capability to interrupt a work to start another with low latencies (with current BTC p2pool conditions, latency < 30ms would be excellent, < 300 ms would be OK).
The idea is that any latency in these cases is wasted work and this takes higher proportions on p2pool which invalidates coinbases more often than traditional pools.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
BkkCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 06:48:14 AM

Nonces being returned immediately are one condition for good performance on p2pool.
The other is the capability to interrupt a work to start another with low latencies (with current BTC p2pool conditions, latency < 30ms would be excellent, < 300 ms would be OK).
The idea is that any latency in these cases is wasted work and this takes higher proportions on p2pool which invalidates coinbases more often than traditional pools.
[/quote]
That latency is going to depend mostly on cgminer. As soon as it sends an Abort cmd to the Klondike it stops work, and a new work unit sent will start immediately. So the timing on that depends mostly on USB xfer time and cgminer to create new work. The actual new work push time for the ASIC is 390uS. When idle (abort state), the Klondike will push the work immediately (390uS) and return status within the USB "W" cmd turnaround. Subsequent "W" work cmds get queued in the PIC so that it should never be without work as long as cgminer provides queued work before a work unit is completed. Currently the "in PIC work queue" is 4 units, but RAM doesn't look to be an issue and potentially 8 is probably doable, though probably offering no gain, as 4 units is about 3.25 seconds (16 chips @ 330MHz) that work can be not provided before idle.

Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 181 »
  Print  

Jump to: