Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:11:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 04:32:14 PM

Bittrex seems to have imploded. Does anyone have any real intel on what's going on over there?

Bitcoin, Altcoin Exchange Bittrex Eyed With Suspicion Due to Thousands of Mysterious Account Closings

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-altcoin-exchange-bittrex-eyed-with-suspicion-due-to-thousands-of-mysterious-account-closings

I got this same message when logging into my Bittrex account... Looks like another one bites the dust...

Yep, the only thing I came across was the article Brandon mentioned. Are you not able to get into your account either?

To regain access to your Bittrex account they are asking for personal information to verify your identity, which I wasn't comfortable sharing with them. Seeing as how I had next to no cryptocurrency stored on there, it just wasn't worthwhile.

This seems odd, Brandon. I can understand them asking for more information that they don't currently have so that they can comply with some new regulation and avoid being shut down in some location. But new information is not a reliable way of verifying identity.

I leave a parcel with the gate keeper, and ask him to pass it on to Bob, when he comes to collect it. The gatekeeper has never met Bob. When a man turns up and says to that gatekeeper, "I'm Bob, here to pick up a parcel." The gatekeeper answers, I have to be sure you're the real Bob. What's your last name?" Bob says, "Sure, my last name is Jones." The gatekeeper nods. "That'll do, sounds good enough for me. Here's your parcel." Security doesn't work like that.

The security information must be given to the organisation first, before the organisation can use it to verify identity. Imagine logging into a website after a long absence and getting a message, "We've used our AI algorithms to crawl the web and discover your favourite food. Type your favourite food into this box to unlock your account."

I'm agreeing with R-J-F on this incident:
So that's it huh? That's the explanation? Not enough, not at all. They could have avoided all this grief and nonsense by simply alerting us first or, at the very least, putting up a banner on the home page. Does no one consider the consequences of their actions any more? What if someone, on the edge, thought they had lost all their money and jumped out a window? This is no way to conduct business in this day and age. They should take a long hard look at themselves and make some changes in favor of the customers not the convenience of Bittrex. Communications and trust are needed for success. I see neither here.

And I'd like to take this moment to compare Bittrex behaviour to what I've experienced from DNotes Global Inc. DNotes plan what they are doing and share their plans in a timely manner, with clarity. Then if the plan is changed, they provide updates. For major changes they establish a mailing list for people to be kept up to date with. And then they actively monitor their forum and respond directly until the user has no more questions. All of this comes from a single motivation. They believe that "Doing the right thing at the right time" is key to being successful. And they clearly stand by and live their ethics.

Appreciate it TimMarsh, it is the only way we feel DNotes and cryptocurrency can be successful in the long term.

TwoCorn

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 11:23:04 PM

Since we are on the subject on the importance of great customers services and exchange, below is a direct quote from our OP Roadmap for 2018 and beyond:

“Full service centralized exchange where DNotes, Bitcoin, and a selection of other digital currencies and fiat currencies will be traded.” https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0

2018 will be a very exciting year for DNotes. After launching DNotes 2.0, we will continue its development with an expanded team of developers – potentially a large team. Among various other projects, including blockchain related projects, we will start working on our full service centralized exchange with a commitment to be equal to our competitors and ultimately be superior.

At a minimum, we will be superior in customer services and the protection of their assets right off the gate. We are prepared to spend up to two fully years to do things right. Like some of you, I have had my share of frustration and disappointment and sustained heavy losses because of miss-managed and collapsed exchanges like Crypto Rush, Mint Pal, and Crypsy. All those lessons learned will help us build a better exchange.

At this point, I am frustrated with exchanges after some concerns with Poloniex and now with Bittrex, let alone those historical collapses. I am convinced that some of their functionality can be replaced with decentralized exchanges, although I haven't looked into any yet. But, it was stated in an earlier post that there are just some things that you can do on a centralized exchange that you just can't do otherwise. There is a need for consumers to have viable choices.

Having said that, I am not even allowing myself to get excited about a DNotes exchange, because I know it is not on the immediate horizon. But I would feel so much more comfortable doing business there than anywhere else. I wish we could put that one on the front burner, but I know your team will do it right!

CryptoCopywriting.com
I write content and direct response copy for the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry
Website   BitcoinTalk    Twitter  Steemit
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 04:46:27 AM

New additions to the Four Pillars membership site

The videos will be available to watch via the links below for a short period of time, after that they will only be accessible from the membership site.
[...]
Leadership, Confidence, and
Your Team’s Empowerment

I just made time to watch the second video posted in this set and it really resonated with me. I understand that the general message of the instalment is that through confidence, you will lead by example, listen to employee suggestions, and foster a better company culture. But beneath this, the video raised a concept that really interests me. This is the combined intelligence of a workforce.

In the late 1800's the term "brain trust" came into use and was popularised in the 1930s–40s during the US Roosevelt administration. This term referred to a specially selected group whose combined intelligence and experience achieved greater results than individual efforts. In 2006, when the "specially selected" property was dropped and the number of members massively expanded by the Internet, the new term "crowd sourcing" came into existence.  But despite the concepts having been around for a while, there is no term in common use for the combined intellectual power of a business. This is because the concept is not widely considered or discussed. So again, I'm recognising Alan as an innovator in this area of business management.

In this video Alan talks about how important it is to listen to employees so that they share ideas. He goes on to suggest leaders should make their staff think through problems and adds, "We learn when we are forced to think." This shows Alan's recognition of two fundamental things in accessing the combined intelligence of your staff. First, building their thinking abilities, and secondly, creating an environment where their thoughts are shared freely. These concepts are very important to business success. Every great idea not had, or not shared, is an opportunity for profit that is lost. And success is the result of turning opportunities into profit.

And I know that Alan isn't just spouting opinions on video, he lives his message and the results prove their relevance. In a recent post TeeGee mentioned how beneficial the recent period of DNotes Global Inc collaboration was. His comment made it clear how Alan encouraged and valued the thoughts and ideas of his team, not only listening, but refining ideas with his own experiences. So when DNotes Global Inc talk about solving the trust problems and many others issues with a well designed exchange, I know that the result will incorporate the many ideas and solutions shared by staff, and even crowd sourced ideas from this thread.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
SCeeYong

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:27:06 AM

Since we are on the subject on the importance of great customers services and exchange, below is a direct quote from our OP Roadmap for 2018 and beyond:

“Full service centralized exchange where DNotes, Bitcoin, and a selection of other digital currencies and fiat currencies will be traded.” https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0

2018 will be a very exciting year for DNotes. After launching DNotes 2.0, we will continue its development with an expanded team of developers – potentially a large team. Among various other projects, including blockchain related projects, we will start working on our full service centralized exchange with a commitment to be equal to our competitors and ultimately be superior.

At a minimum, we will be superior in customer services and the protection of their assets right off the gate. We are prepared to spend up to two fully years to do things right. Like some of you, I have had my share of frustration and disappointment and sustained heavy losses because of miss-managed and collapsed exchanges like Crypto Rush, Mint Pal, and Crypsy. All those lessons learned will help us build a better exchange.

At this point, I am frustrated with exchanges after some concerns with Poloniex and now with Bittrex, let alone those historical collapses. I am convinced that some of their functionality can be replaced with decentralized exchanges, although I haven't looked into any yet. But, it was stated in an earlier post that there are just some things that you can do on a centralized exchange that you just can't do otherwise. There is a need for consumers to have viable choices.

Having said that, I am not even allowing myself to get excited about a DNotes exchange, because I know it is not on the immediate horizon. But I would feel so much more comfortable doing business there than anywhere else. I wish we could put that one on the front burner, but I know your team will do it right!

Yes ......Doing Things Right The First Time Around is and has been the cornerstone of excellent Customer Relationship Management /Customer Service in many successful global / multinational companies...and is certainly and compulsorily the way forward /long-term survival even for any start-up
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:31:08 AM

And I know that Alan isn't just spouting opinions on video, he lives his message and the results prove their relevance. In a recent post TeeGee mentioned how beneficial the recent period of DNotes Global Inc collaboration was. His comment made it clear how Alan encouraged and valued the thoughts and ideas of his team, not only listening, but refining ideas with his own experiences. So when DNotes Global Inc talk about solving the trust problems and many others issues with a well designed exchange, I know that the result will incorporate the many ideas and solutions shared by staff, and even crowd sourced ideas from this thread.

I love your comment again TimMarsh. Not a lot of time for a substantial response -- I am about to go to bed to catch a flight in 5 hours, where I'll be speaking about the future of money at a conference the day after (should have a video for you guys to watch this time). It'll be roughly 30 minutes long with Q+A at the end.

But, regarding the part you said about refining ideas with the experiences of other people, there is another quote that I like:

"There is no short pathway from smart to wise." - unknown author, I even googled.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:29:12 PM

I love your comment again TimMarsh. Not a lot of time for a substantial response -- I am about to go to bed to catch a flight in 5 hours, where I'll be speaking about the future of money at a conference the day after (should have a video for you guys to watch this time). It'll be roughly 30 minutes long with Q+A at the end.

But, regarding the part you said about refining ideas with the experiences of other people, there is another quote that I like:

"There is no short pathway from smart to wise." - unknown author, I even googled.

Good luck at the conference TeeGee.

"There is no short pathway from smart to wise." - I love this.  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 03:12:06 PM

Good luck at the conference TeeGee.

"There is no short pathway from smart to wise." - I love this.  Smiley

Excellent Tim! Can't wait to see the vid, good luck!

GaxviiBuss

Activity: 155
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:50:20 PM

Is the transition to POS finish ?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 05:46:46 PM

Is the transition to POS finish ?

Hi GaxviiBuss, DNotes 2.0 is not ready as of yet. We are still working on it, you may review our progress on Github here:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes-2.0

We've also setup a newsletter to notify people when DNotes 2.0 will be available on our website:
http://dnotescoin.com/
See newsletter at the bottom of the page.

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:38:22 PM

Australia Officially Ending Crypto Double Taxation

https://dcebrief.com/australia-officially-ending-crypto-double-taxation/
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:40:55 AM

Yes ......Doing Things Right The First Time Around is and has been the cornerstone of excellent Customer Relationship Management /Customer Service in many successful global / multinational companies...and is certainly and compulsorily the way forward /long-term survival even for any start-up

Thank you, SCeeYong. You are absolutely correct. We are always committed to do things right the first time around. That commitment and mindset lead us to strive for the highest standard achievable. Over the long term that is how we become the best in class; including customer services. However, it does not mean that we are perfect every time.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:48:25 AM

Excellent, TeeGee. Hope you have a great presentation.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:35:45 AM

New additions to the Four Pillars membership site

The videos will be available to watch via the links below for a short period of time, after that they will only be accessible from the membership site.
[...]
Leadership, Confidence, and
Your Team’s Empowerment

I just made time to watch the second video posted in this set and it really resonated with me. I understand that the general message of the instalment is that through confidence, you will lead by example, listen to employee suggestions, and foster a better company culture. But beneath this, the video raised a concept that really interests me. This is the combined intelligence of a workforce.

In the late 1800's the term "brain trust" came into use and was popularised in the 1930s–40s during the US Roosevelt administration. This term referred to a specially selected group whose combined intelligence and experience achieved greater results than individual efforts. In 2006, when the "specially selected" property was dropped and the number of members massively expanded by the Internet, the new term "crowd sourcing" came into existence.  But despite the concepts having been around for a while, there is no term in common use for the combined intellectual power of a business. This is because the concept is not widely considered or discussed. So again, I'm recognising Alan as an innovator in this area of business management.

In this video Alan talks about how important it is to listen to employees so that they share ideas. He goes on to suggest leaders should make their staff think through problems and adds, "We learn when we are forced to think." This shows Alan's recognition of two fundamental things in accessing the combined intelligence of your staff. First, building their thinking abilities, and secondly, creating an environment where their thoughts are shared freely. These concepts are very important to business success. Every great idea not had, or not shared, is an opportunity for profit that is lost. And success is the result of turning opportunities into profit.

Excellent observation and summation of the video. I always believe in hiring the best fitting employees and give them every opportunity to excel individually and as a group. When employees are inspired to remained engaged and empowered to contribute to the best interest of everyone - amazing things happen. Together they create a united single culture that consistently out-perform the competition every time.

The book is written as a blue print for DNotes, DNotes Global, Inc. and our future partners, as well as a "foot in the door" to the corporate world. Given the time, I expect amazing things to happen to DNotes. The foundation has be laid and a single united culture has been created. 
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 07:27:55 AM

This is good to see, and interesting to note that Australia is starting to treat cryptocurrency more like money and less like a service. Recently Australia has been pushing back at the big four banks, reviewing bank taxation and more. So maybe their lobby group isn't donating enough to the ruling party at the moment. I don't believe the big four banks in Australia would like to see the influence of cryptocurrency grow.

Though I did understand the Australian Treasurer's press release a bit differently from the article, and maybe the DCEBrief article might need reviewing. The press release states, "Australians are no longer charged GST on purchases of digital currency"

But the DCEBrief article states, "it passed new laws designed to ensure that digital currency users will no longer be subject to Australia’s goods and services tax (GST) when they spend their cryptocurrency.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 07:31:14 AM

Thanks TeeGee, and I am looking forward to the likely video of your conference presentation.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 02:24:06 PM

This is good to see, and interesting to note that Australia is starting to treat cryptocurrency more like money and less like a service. Recently Australia has been pushing back at the big four banks, reviewing bank taxation and more. So maybe their lobby group isn't donating enough to the ruling party at the moment. I don't believe the big four banks in Australia would like to see the influence of cryptocurrency grow.

Though I did understand the Australian Treasurer's press release a bit differently from the article, and maybe the DCEBrief article might need reviewing. The press release states, "Australians are no longer charged GST on purchases of digital currency"

But the DCEBrief article states, "it passed new laws designed to ensure that digital currency users will no longer be subject to Australia’s goods and services tax (GST) when they spend their cryptocurrency.

Thanks TimMarsh! That is correct, it appears the tax is removed for purchases of digital currency, and not when using digital currency to purchase goods.

DCEBrief

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:25:29 PM

Good catch, Tim. Apparently, my editing process ended up moving one two many sentence fragments around in the piece  (more evidence to prove that writers tend to fail miserable when editing their own material... sigh).

Apologies if that caused any confusion. Please continue to let us know if you spot inaccuracies or obvious errors like that.
DCEBrief

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:26:39 PM

CNBC Online Survey: 49% Expect Bitcoin Price to Rise Above $10,000

https://dcebrief.com/cnbc-online-survey-49-expect-bitcoin-price-to-rise-above-10000/
R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:21:31 AM

Last act in the Bittrex saga?

Yesterday, everything was back to normal. My accounts restored to their previous levels and an apology from Bittrex but still no real explanation what caused this nightmare. While I appreciate the restoration of my legacy account, I am, to use a well worn idiom, "Once bitten, twice shy" and will find it hard to trust them in the future. I have started, grown and sold several successful business ventures in my time and I find that there are really only three (Alan would argue it's four! Smiley) things needed for success: knowledge, honesty and something everyone needs. At least Bittrex has two of the three, guess that will have to do until someone comes along with all three. Oh, wait, the would be DNotes!   Grin

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:03:09 AM

Last act in the Bittrex saga?

Yesterday, everything was back to normal. My accounts restored to their previous levels and an apology from Bittrex but still no real explanation what caused this nightmare. While I appreciate the restoration of my legacy account, I am, to use a well worn idiom, "Once bitten, twice shy" and will find it hard to trust them in the future. I have started, grown and sold several successful business ventures in my time and I find that there are really only three (Alan would argue it's four! Smiley) things needed for success: knowledge, honesty and something everyone needs. At least Bittrex has two of the three, guess that will have to do until someone comes along with all three. Oh, wait, the would be DNotes!   Grin

Thanks for the Bittrex update, RJF, and glad to know that your account has been restored. The “apology” is a standard reaction to damage control but seldom mean much to the damaged customers. They miscalculated the cost of treating 0.1% of the affected customers as inconsequential. The damage to their brand is significant and it could have been just a single customer. Every customer is important and must be treated with respect and appreciation, even if you are “the only game in town.”

Having the right mindset by doing the right thing prepares you to be the best in class with or without competition. That would have been my fourth contributor to business success. Totally agree with your other three. Thanks for your confidence in DNotes. We are totally committed to building a trusted brand and be the best in class.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: