Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:49:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:00:43 PM

I have just ended my long term relationship with Poloniex, dating back to April 5, 2014 (when DNotes was first listed there). I transferred all of the DNotes I had there (that I used for occasional trading, but mostly to help people get into DNotes) to a place where I can trust the people in charge - DNotesVault. I even sold all the bits and pieces of other currencies I had on the exchange (forgot all about them), and used the bitcoin to buy DNotes. Without DNotes being listed at Poloniex, the entire exchange has rendered itself useless to me.

I tried to find some information as to whether or not there is standard requirements for maintaining a listing on the exchange, but there is not. The closest thing I could find is this blurb on what it takes to get a coin listed:

"We don't have a definitive set of criteria as each project is unique. We listen to the community and select projects that we believe are unique, innovative, and that our users would be interested in trading. We also look for products that have strong (organic) market demand."

I'm not sure what their definition of unique or innovative is, but surely the only currency that has chosen to take a different path (even if it is a lot more work), meets the normal definition of unique and innovative.

On a happier note, it is incredible to hear from supportive and loyal community members that believe in DNotes.  Smiley Smiley

Wow, Chase. I am speechless.

I trust that we all have seen very successful businesses faded away at the highest point of their success. Why? Most of the time they forgot that they became successful because of their customers. One of the “Four Pillars” in my book is “Your Customers”. It is one of the cornerstones of business success. Collectively, DNotes and its stakeholders who have an account at Poloniex are their customers. They obviously failed to consider us as a group or the long-term impact we could have in our industry. If that is truly the attitude, we will survive, and they may stumble. I am disappointed but still wish them the best.

DNotes is different in many ways. Among others, we treat all our stakeholders as our valuable customers. We treat them all with ample respect and appreciation, irrespective of whether they own one DNotes or a whole lot more. It is the consistency of our attitude that matters. If we treat one of our small stakeholders badly, we established a “consistency” or the capability to treat others the same. Once taken for granted it becomes habitual until it is too late. The competitor just took over the top spot.

I hope many of you will have a chance to read my book and watch some of the videos. I have every intention of helping as many people as possible. That is one of my major contributions to DNotes and I trust that it will go a long way on our road to success.

Short-sighted and selfish decision can cause a lot of grief and pain to others. This time it hit close to home. Our community has spoken. We shall overcome and remain true to our vision as we continue to build a unified culture worthy of mass support. Once we start gaining momentum, we will be unstoppable. Join us and help spread the words.  

Precisely Alan. Forgetting customers can be a grave mistake, especially in an environment where there is ever-increasing competition. It benefits few people to appraise things "in the moment" as opposed to wha something will become in the future. The presumed strategy is that when that "in the moment" situation changes in the future, that they will renew the partnership and cater for those same customers. However customers remember, and may become attached to the competition.

DNotes community really good, I basically read every comment, but my English is not good, do not like to leave a message here, I believe many people like me, like to read in this community, but not in speaking here, this community treats every customer as polite, courteous and equal, and there are many talented people here who are working or mentoring for DNotes.

Poloniex was from the trough and hardships long time ago, is now on track, But abandon his most loyal client, DNotes. feeling poloniex is so overbearing now.

Before my impression of poloniex has been good. Now I may have to rethink. Anyway, where does DNotes go I will go with it.

Seriously, now the exchange so much, without poloniex's listing a had not any discouraged, because had a lot of choice, and the end result poloniex will also lose some important and loyal customers.

PS: My English is not good , translated by Google.

Thank you dogemoon8888. We understand your message completely and are very proud to have people like you in the DNotes community.  Smiley

"However customers remember..." - It's funny that I can forget things like my own phone number after moving too many times, what I went downstairs for, where I parked my car, etc, but I NEVER forget poor customer service. It is extremely difficult to win back trust after a blunder like this.

First, I agree with Chase, “I NEVER forget poor customer service. It is extremely difficult to win back trust after a blunder like this”. I used to respond to almost all the posts on this forum because I believe that you all are important to our success - you are our valuable customers. Unfortunately, it is no longer possible. We are growing with more and larger projects. But I certainly try to remember as many of you and your contributions as I can.

Second, thank you for your support and confidence in DNotes, dogemoon8888. We understand you perfectly. In fact, I am impressed, especially by your long-term view and your great ability to see the big picture. I remember responding to one of your posts earlier (see below). I did not want to disagree with you that “Dnotes value must be higher than the ETC” any time soon. So, I tried to explain how it could be possible and let the readers reach their own conclusion.

The fundamentals of DNotes today have not changed, as much as the value of DNotes has fallen significantly. I would have written the same post with adjusted values.

Quote from: dogemoon8888 on July 13, 2017, 02:01:52 PM

I have always been concerned about every item of Dnotes, each of which feels great, the current price is too low, if the developer continues to improve the value of the increase, Dnotes value must be higher than the ETC, that is now the price of 50 to 100 times Between, worthy of long-term holding, can ignore short-term fluctuations.

Quote from: Dyna on July 14, 2017, 02:58:26 AM

Thank you for your confidence in DNotes and our team. I share your frustration and will say that DNotes is significantly under-valued. I will be a fool if I agreed to sell just our ecosystem, including DNotes Global, Inc. (25% owned by DNotes’ stakeholders) for $$7,304,692, as valued by CoinMarketCap at the time of writing. It would be like selling Google or Facebook for that amount during their first year of operations. Essentially, zero value is assigned for our ecosystem – the most valuable driver towards mass acceptance of DNotes as a supplement to global fiat currencies. Yes, it is a big bold endeavor and we are the only team totally dedicated to make it happen – and we will. Everything that we have done is real and verifiable.

Wait, if we have only DNotes – the digital currency like our industry peers and spent all the money and time pumping up DNotes the value of DNotes perhaps would be worth many times more than it is today. In my opinion, our industry, as a whole, has a rather confused judgement in sorting out value investment.

Why is DNotes so different? Because we believe that digital currency is the future of money (not fluff and puff thin air). The one to succeed must meet and exceed the full functions of money as a unit of account, a store of value, and a medium of exchange. And there must be fundamental or intrinsic value behind it.  For it to happen, many challenges must be overcome, and many problems solved – hence it requires a complex ecosystem and substantial investment.
So, what is the difference compared to what everyone else is doing?

We all started with the same OEM (original equipment manufacturer) engine – (Satoshi Nakamoto Bitcoin engine) and changed the name plate with a few bells and whistles added to it. Without doing much more we claimed that it will magically be accepted as the transport vehicle by the masses. We don’t think so. We believe that for it to gain mass acceptance, we must use the amazing engine to build a great car along with highways, gas stations, repair shops, etc. This takes a great deal of time and investment; few in our industry would care to understand or take seriously.  

Our vision is to build DNotes as a trusted, purposeful digital currency accessible to everyone world-wide to supplement, and ultimately replace fiat currencies. How much could DNotes be worth one day – well your guess is as good as mine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:04:20 PM

I was just browsing through some old DNotes posts, and came across one Alan made about valuations that is very important. DNotes market cap was only around $25,000 when this post was made, but it is just as relevant today as it was then.

I am not a stock analyst but this is my take on valuation. DNotes like all the others Altcoin at its formative stage are pure speculations. No one with any financial discipline should invest any more than what they could afford, potentially a total loss. I am in awe taking notice of some other altcoins showing a market cap of $500 + million hours after its launch and  dropped down to $200 million in 24 hours. There are no fundamentals to support even a fraction of that value. Yet like mindless zombies many little guys with a few hard earned dollars are taken to the cleaners again and again.

If DNotes were to succeed as the digital currency of the future with lasting value it has to take a very different path to reach that mountain top. It must build a solid foundation, block by block, systematically, while executing its strategic plans at the most opportune time which may often conflict with that of speculators.  Long term stake holders of DNotes or any other Altcoin , for that matter,  are merely securing an opportunity to share the potential of the future value of the currency they believe in. It they are right the “buy-in” value will go up. Sometime at the early stage, active stake holders are give a chance to increase their stake through “sweat equity” and even help to shape the future of the investment they believe in. Given the opportunity, I normally prefer to have some participation in the value creation process of my investment. Hopefully, many stake holders will see this as a unique opportunity and participate to the best they can.
Hindafing

Activity: 178
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:04:48 PM

It will take some time, but in the long run Dnotes will be very high, because the product they will deliver is something very great.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
Ben.Lock

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:08:49 PM

It will take some time, but in the long run Dnotes will be very high, because the product they will deliver is something very great.
How can you tell? We can't really know when they will deliver their product...

Feels like we are just going down Embarrassed

Lendoit ▮ P2P Cross Border Lending ▮ Lendoit
All You Need Is Loan
▬▬▬▬▬[TGE on December 2017]▬▬▬▬▬
Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:39:37 PM

DNotes has been developing a solid track record for the past 4 years, I'm sure that this is what Hindafing was referencing. Quite often people are attracted to flashy gimmicks and empty promises, investing their hard earned money in people who promise "the moon", but in the grand scheme of things are really just a flash in the pan. DNotes is working to build lasting wealth, it is not a get rich quick scheme that will blow smoke up your ass to trick you into investing, like some other projects do (whose teams are usually woefully under-qualified to manage such a large sum of money). DNotes does not release half completed projects, and in my opinion it's better to be a bit late than release something which is full of so many bugs that it has to be hard forked/patched continually.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:18:35 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 09:05:22 PM by Dyna

I was just browsing through some old DNotes posts, and came across one Alan made about valuations that is very important. DNotes market cap was only around $25,000 when this post was made, but it is just as relevant today as it was then.

I am not a stock analyst but this is my take on valuation. DNotes like all the other Altcoins at its formative stage are pure speculations. No one with any financial discipline should invest any more than what they could afford, potentially a total loss. I am in awe taking notice of some other altcoins showing a market cap of $500 + million hours after its launch and  dropped down to $200 million in 24 hours. There are no fundamentals to support even a fraction of that value. Yet like mindless zombies many little guys with a few hard earned dollars are taken to the cleaners again and again.

If DNotes were to succeed as the digital currency of the future with lasting value it has to take a very different path to reach that mountain top. It must build a solid foundation, block by block, systematically, while executing its strategic plans at the most opportune time which may often conflict with that of speculators.  Long term stake holders of DNotes or any other Altcoin , for that matter,  are merely securing an opportunity to share the potential of the future value of the currency they believe in. If they are right the “buy-in” value will go up. Sometimes, at the early stage, active stake holders are given a chance to increase their stake through “sweat equity” and even help to shape the future of the investment they believe in. Given the opportunity, I normally prefer to have some participation in the value creation process of my investment. Hopefully, many stake holders will see this as a unique opportunity and participate to the best they can.

Thanks, Brandon. That was one of my first posts, a few weeks after DNotes was launched (Feb. 18, 2014)

One of the questions for discussion next week at the World Funding Summit in LA is " How to evaluate risks in investing in ICOs and cryptocurrencies and spot bad actors?"

With a long career in the business world, I have certainly encountered a few bad actors and lost money in the process. Fortunately, the loses were not large enough to wipe me out. However, they were expensive lessons learned.

As former President Ronald Reagan put it best, "Trust but verify". Don't always believe what people claimed. Always check it out. If there is nothing out there to check and verify, it is probably worth nothing or very little. Don't just fall for the excitement of the moment and jump in with both feet. By all means, do your home work first.

Past records and representations are good predictors of future conducts. Look for pattern of behaviors. As a rule people are very consistent with their behavior. Though, no one is perfect, and there are things beyond one's control, but nonetheless, should not be a constant blame game loaded with excuses.

However, if there is a track record, as in the case of DNotes, check for consistency of messaging and delivery of promises. Did we mean what we said or represented? Did we delivered what we promised? DNotes has left a very large foot-print that can not be erased. It is one that is easily searchable and verifiable. Thanks to you all for creating all that contents. It is one that we all can be proud of.

MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:31:26 PM

DNotes has been developing a solid track record for the past 4 years, I'm sure that this is what Hindafing was referencing. Quite often people are attracted to flashy gimmicks and empty promises, investing their hard earned money in people who promise "the moon", but in the grand scheme of things are really just a flash in the pan. DNotes is working to build lasting wealth, it is not a get rich quick scheme that will blow smoke up your ass to trick you into investing, like some other projects do (whose teams are usually woefully under-qualified to manage such a large sum of money). DNotes does not release half completed projects, and in my opinion it's better to be a bit late than release something which is full of so many bugs that it has to be hard forked/patched continually.

To be fair to the assessment of Ben.Lock, development doesn't occur in a vacuum. Expectations for delivery were set previously, and delivery has been delayed in the context of such initial expectations. Does DNotes need developers? I sit next to one of the top 10 computer science Uni's in the world, and could certainly recruit some talent (was just talking with TeeGee about one such new s/w eng grad yesterday) to help.

Right now, the market is holding our feet to the fire. Accept that. And accept when other stakeholders do as well. Don't just lash out at shitcoins. Sure there are plenty of those, but that is defensive posturing. I, too, have invested hard earned money (7.78 bitcoins, to be precise), all into DNotes; in addition to my proceeds from mining NOTE during a large part of 2014. On what so far has been a lot of promises as well. There have been promising threads that have taken shape - a significant twitter following, a brilliant 2.0 roadmap, DCEBrief, CryptoMoms, conference leadership appearances, etc. But the real value being unlocked is still just a thesis, and we cannot forget that.

So when expectations for release timeframes aren't met, that doesn't feel good, given such a context. Hopefully the team can see how stakeholders are hurting, and release 2.0 before February, which frankly, would be disappointing given where I thought things were in the Summer.

I get the point about quality. Obviously, you need to release good stuff. But there is an ethic in Silicon Valley of "move fast and break things" for a reason. The entire concept of "ship it" and "minimum viable product" exists for a reason. Because backers of software entities know that there will always be problems with the code, and if you wait until it's perfect, the release never happens, the market window closes, and the entity suffers, possibly fatally.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:04:55 AM

To be fair to the assessment of Ben.Lock, development doesn't occur in a vacuum. Expectations for delivery were set previously, and delivery has been delayed in the context of such initial expectations. Does DNotes need developers? I sit next to one of the top 10 computer science Uni's in the world, and could certainly recruit some talent (was just talking with TeeGee about one such new s/w eng grad yesterday) to help.

Right now, the market is holding our feet to the fire. Accept that. And accept when other stakeholders do as well. Don't just lash out at shitcoins. Sure there are plenty of those, but that is defensive posturing. I, too, have invested hard earned money (7.78 bitcoins, to be precise), all into DNotes; in addition to my proceeds from mining NOTE during a large part of 2014. On what so far has been a lot of promises as well. There have been promising threads that have taken shape - a significant twitter following, a brilliant 2.0 roadmap, DCEBrief, CryptoMoms, conference leadership appearances, etc. But the real value being unlocked is still just a thesis, and we cannot forget that.

So when expectations for release timeframes aren't met, that doesn't feel good, given such a context. Hopefully the team can see how stakeholders are hurting, and release 2.0 before February, which frankly, would be disappointing given where I thought things were in the Summer.

I get the point about quality. Obviously, you need to release good stuff. But there is an ethic in Silicon Valley of "move fast and break things" for a reason. The entire concept of "ship it" and "minimum viable product" exists for a reason. Because backers of software entities know that there will always be problems with the code, and if you wait until it's perfect, the release never happens, the market window closes, and the entity suffers, possibly fatally.

Sorry I don't have time to fight you, I'm too busy making voluntary contributions to DNotes in any way I am capable of (which may not be as almighty as your contributions, but I try to do the best I can with the opportunities I'm given). Anyone can talk smack, but it's difficult to actually buckle down and get work done. Because getting work done doesn't occur in a vaccuum.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:43:19 AM

Hi Nick, I know you mean well and have been of immense help to us a number of times. They are always well appreciated.  

As I mentioned recently, we are planning to aggressively expand our development team in 2018. Initially, the bulk of the software development was centered around DNotes blockchain with full conversion to C#, related projects, and global payment systems. We did not plan on starting work on our full-service exchange until the fourth quarter of 2018. A feasibility study of a full-service exchange is now on our front burner along with DNotes 2.0 initial launch. We could start working on it early next year.

I know University of Illinois well and had dealings with them in the past. Their computer science department is top notch. Our biggest challenge is competing with other well-funded employers with very deep pockets. I am sure you know that we are not quite at that level. Nonetheless, the right candidates committed to our cause could end up doing very well. Your challenge is to line up interested candidates to meet with me. I trust that you will do your best. As always it will be very much appreciated.

Just one comment on your other points. We take our fiduciary duties very seriously and will not knowing take shortcuts that could compromise the safety of DNotes and our stakeholders' assets. I rather take a few shots for holding the ground.
MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:10:05 AM

Sorry I don't have time to fight you, I'm too busy making voluntary contributions to DNotes in any way I am capable of (which may not be as almighty as your contributions, but I try to do the best I can with the opportunities I'm given). Anyone can talk smack, but it's difficult to actually buckle down and get work done. Because getting work done doesn't occur in a vaccuum.

Had to leave the office b4 I got a chance to follow w/ a current example that I wanted to expound on in a 2nd note, that might shed some perspective on some of my own learnings here.

Annoyed that the context of said example is slightly different now, given your defensive, snide and mildly insulting reply. Almighty? Talking Smack? Bristling like a pre-teen at any kind of non-laudatory, if constructive, criticism; Not a good look in terms of investor relations, bruh. I know whereof I speak. It's ok to be vulnerable, to sync with negative opinion, to understand it, to apprehend and grip it and own and turn it around.

To get to that example....

In February of 2014, I gave a Webinar to some sales leadership at this company. It took me a bunch of grit and legwork: selling a use case to early adopters that solved a niche problem they barely knew about, getting them successful with our tech, and then evangelizing the message up the chain. That one sentence encompassed 9 months of my life. 3.5 years later from that Webinar, and I've built out a global deployment of our stuff at this company. That is nontrivial; it's the largest company of its kind in the world. For it to really matter tho, we need to 10x it from here.

And all the makings are there. We appeal in a big + inexpensive way to the engine of the company: Digital Sales teams. We have a captive audience, who really want our stuff, and we have no competitors.

But no. That's the sexy side of it.

85% of our resources are working on something entirely different, unproven, but a holy grail-type solution in our market space. It's our 2.0. We scarcely have a penny or a moment to spare for furtherment of our current-gen tech. But we need the sweet nectar that is a bunch of end user revenue from these folks.

So we told them X date. We will have everything they need to scale internally to other WW Orgs. X date is mildly insane given our resource stretch. But, to quote from Eminem's recent Trump diss track, "I'm drawing in the sand, a line." And we'll make it happen for this customer by that day. They, the core and bleeding edge of our market, require it. Earlier if possible. And hell we are even more up against it now that one of the succubus FANG cos. poached a key key key guy from us, effective as of 11 days ago. Regardless, as an organization we've set the expectation for end 1/18. That's when it happens. End of. And its w/o saying that it'll hurdle the high quality bar a company like that has for its vendor's products.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:27:09 AM

Bittrex costs around 3btc.

Hi Dimitry, thank you. I believe you were referring to this: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex
If so, I think that is just a optional marketing add-on to highlight your coin once accepted to their exchange.

No thats from 2014, it costs around 3btc..
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:41:10 AM

Hi Dimitry, thank you. I believe you were referring to this: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex
If so, I think that is just a optional marketing add-on to highlight your coin once accepted to their exchange.

Hi Dimitry,

The coin submission request looks like it hasn't changed since 2014 (it's the same one on their updated website). The 3 bitcoin is to have your coin spotlighted... For $21,000 it better be a pretty bright spotlight. lol

"Given the demand for currency launches, we limit ourselves to only a handful a week.  Launching is free and at our discretion.  If your coin passes our compliance rules and you'd like to get additional marketing in our platform, we offer the option to spotlight your coin for 3.0 BTC."   

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:09:52 AM

Remembrance Day / Veteran's Day - November 11, 2017

Thank you to all past and present members of the armed forces for your service.

We will never forget.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:25:10 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2017, 03:36:44 PM by Brandon Cheliak

We will never forget.

Thank you all armed forces veterans for your service to this world.

Ultimately we are all fighting for survival in our own unique way. I like to think we have been allotted this privilege by heroes of generations past, who put their lives on the line so we can all continue fighting in a more peaceful way that provides everyone the opportunity to succeed. I would like to pay tribute to all nations who are commemorating the heroes who were taken before their time and those who who continue to live with the scars. I encourage everyone to take a moment to reflect on their sacrifice, whether your country observes Veterans Day, Remembrance Day, or Armstice day, please take time to pay respect to the millions of people from many nations, ethnicities and religions, who banded together and made the ultimate sacrifice for us.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 03:46:37 PM

Hi Dimitry,

The coin submission request looks like it hasn't changed since 2014 (it's the same one on their updated website). The 3 bitcoin is to have your coin spotlighted... For $21,000 it better be a pretty bright spotlight. lol

"Given the demand for currency launches, we limit ourselves to only a handful a week.  Launching is free and at our discretion.  If your coin passes our compliance rules and you'd like to get additional marketing in our platform, we offer the option to spotlight your coin for 3.0 BTC."   

The closest I was able to find for an actual cost was a tweet from goldblocks, https://twitter.com/goldblockscoin/status/777836316545388544, stating it would cost $5000 for compliance check in 2016.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 03:53:16 PM

We will never forget.

Ultimately we are all fighting for survival in our own unique way. I like to think we have been allotted this privilege by heroes of generations past, who put their lives on the line so we can all continue fighting in a more peaceful way that provides everyone the opportunity to succeed. I would like to pay tribute to all nations who are commemorating the heroes who were taken before their time and those who who continue to live with the scars. I encourage everyone to take a moment to reflect on their sacrifice, whether your country observes Veterans Day, Remembrance Day, or Armstice day, please take time to pay respect to the millions of people from many nations, ethnicities and religions, who banded together and made the ultimate sacrifice for us.

Thank you to all veterans for your service and putting their life on the line to fight for your country.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:37:39 PM

Hi Dimitry,

The closest I was able to find for an actual cost was a tweet from goldblocks, https://twitter.com/goldblockscoin/status/777836316545388544, stating it would cost $5000 for compliance check in 2016.

It a good thing I took a look through their site before I said what I thought of their $5,000 compliance fee.  Grin

Apparently the compliance fee is to protect themselves legally and only applies in certain cases. There is a list of what they research to see if a coin is what it says it is, and will not cause them a legal headache in the future. If and when the time is right to get listed on Bittrex, it may be a good idea to submit a DNotes dossier that answers these particular questions (if applicable) before they are even asked. They can't come back and ask for $5,000 for questions they already know the answer to.  Wink

What is a compliance review?https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/227902667-What-is-a-compliance-review-

In our guidelines about submitting a coin to Bittrex for listing, we have a clear statement that describes what is or isn't permitted on Bittrex.  Bolded for emphasis, "Note that we cannot list currencies where its primary purpose is to support illegal gambling, illegal drug sales, or any other activity that is illegal in our jurisdiction.  We also cannot list currencies that would be construed as a security such as digital currencies that promise/market profits or represent shares of a company.  At our discretion, we may require an additional compliance fee for listing.  These happen in the extraordinary cases where your coin's use case is extremely complex and requires significant research by our staff to determine suitability."

These rules were broad guidelines developed to minimize the legal risk to Bittrex and our users from an over zealous government regulator or prosecutor.  But as business models for blockchains evolved, we felt that the rules could have the unintended consequence of stifling innovation. 

Instead of telling developers "no", we began to offer an option of a compliance review that would help defray the cost of the research needed for inclusion on Bittrex.

The research can consist of any combination of the following (and possibly more):

1) Background checks on the principle owners of a business launching a blockchain

2) Verifying that a company is registered; i.e. if you say you are registered in Dubai, we may check that you are

3) Understanding the business process; i.e. if you say you are handling gold and storing it securely, we're going to walk through every aspect of that process

4) Code reviews of technology that we're not readily familiar with; for instance, if you write a whole blockchain client in Erlang, we'll have to hire experts to help code review it with us

5) Applying the Howey test to your token to understand whether or not it is a security

6) Determining if the token violates any CFTC guidelines

7) Understanding how/if US laws apply to your token. 

The compliance review fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee inclusion in Bittrex.  You may fail.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:47:59 PM

We will never forget.

Thank you to all veterans for your service and putting their life on the line to fight for your country.

“Ultimately we are all fighting for survival in our own unique way.” Thanks, Brandon.

I believe we are, and that can be a good thing. At times we must protect our own self-interest before that of others, including the defense of our own nation, self, family, friends, and for that matter DNotes. I have been doing a lot of thinking lately, like most people would when emotionally charged.

At the end of the day, I still believe, like I always have, that it is better to fight for a worthy cause in unity with other like-mind individuals than otherwise as the case may be. I like to think that together we can change the world for the better. But it is too rivetted and may take generations to dismantle. Meanwhile, I am convinced that collectively, we can make a positive difference using DNotes as our weapon of choice because of its ability to be truly far-reaching worldwide. 

Happy Remembrance Day / Veteran's Day!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:58:23 PM

Hi Dimitry,

It a good thing I took a look through their site before I said what I thought of their $5,000 compliance fee.  Grin

Apparently the compliance fee is to protect themselves legally and only applies in certain cases. There is a list of what they research to see if a coin is what it says it is, and will not cause them a legal headache in the future. If and when the time is right to get listed on Bittrex, it may be a good idea to submit a DNotes dossier that answers these particular questions (if applicable) before they are even asked. They can't come back and ask for $5,000 for questions they already know the answer to.  Wink

What is a compliance review?https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/227902667-What-is-a-compliance-review-

In our guidelines about submitting a coin to Bittrex for listing, we have a clear statement that describes what is or isn't permitted on Bittrex.  Bolded for emphasis, "Note that we cannot list currencies where its primary purpose is to support illegal gambling, illegal drug sales, or any other activity that is illegal in our jurisdiction.  We also cannot list currencies that would be construed as a security such as digital currencies that promise/market profits or represent shares of a company.  At our discretion, we may require an additional compliance fee for listing.  These happen in the extraordinary cases where your coin's use case is extremely complex and requires significant research by our staff to determine suitability."

These rules were broad guidelines developed to minimize the legal risk to Bittrex and our users from an over zealous government regulator or prosecutor.  But as business models for blockchains evolved, we felt that the rules could have the unintended consequence of stifling innovation. 

Instead of telling developers "no", we began to offer an option of a compliance review that would help defray the cost of the research needed for inclusion on Bittrex.

The research can consist of any combination of the following (and possibly more):

1) Background checks on the principle owners of a business launching a blockchain

2) Verifying that a company is registered; i.e. if you say you are registered in Dubai, we may check that you are

3) Understanding the business process; i.e. if you say you are handling gold and storing it securely, we're going to walk through every aspect of that process

4) Code reviews of technology that we're not readily familiar with; for instance, if you write a whole blockchain client in Erlang, we'll have to hire experts to help code review it with us

5) Applying the Howey test to your token to understand whether or not it is a security

6) Determining if the token violates any CFTC guidelines

7) Understanding how/if US laws apply to your token. 

The compliance review fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee inclusion in Bittrex.  You may fail.

Thank you, Chase and everyone for posting helpful information relating to our efforts to get DNotes listed on other exchanges. I am actively looking at different options and pursuing various avenues including some of my LinkedIn contacts. I am less concerned about the cost than than the timing as we get closer to DNotes 2.0 launch. Beyond that we will have more options.
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:35:43 PM

Mnuchin: Treasury Watching Bitcoin ‘Very Carefully’

https://dcebrief.com/mnuchin-treasury-watching-bitcoin-very-carefully/
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: