Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:34:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274746 times)
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 10:34:46 PM

Hey Guys,
Just installed and setup my bot,added the API keys etc, and have hit a bit of a roadblock. I can see the icon in chrome and the numbers on the bottom are fluctuating so it is "live" but when I click the icon I have a warning triangle. It says that the API is connected but none of the trading platforms are. I have only set it up with BTC-E so far but beside btc-e it says disconnected. Am I doing something wrong or is it simply because the bot has not attempted a trade yet?

Also, if you dont mind, does anyone want to post some decent settings for the bot engine on btc-e? I have been messing around with them but would be curious to know what other people use.

Thanks a million in advance!

Hi Basaj Smiley,
   This is always one of three things:

1. The API key and secret may have been partially copy and pasted (happens).

2. The keys do not have the required "get info" and "trade" permissions.

3. You did not activate the key through the activation email BTC-E sends you.

Please let me know, I will be happy to debug this with you. You can also drop me an email at Pablo@Butter-Bot.com and I can help you there are well Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
uck

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:51:38 PM

Another nice feature would be if, when you run a backtest, if it displayed the 'backchart' showing the ema's for that particular backtest.

Adeel06

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:17:47 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2013, 01:25:41 AM by Adeel06

Edit - Fixed
ghostshirt

Activity: 216

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:29:40 AM

Thank you both for sharing your settings.
I tried 20/42 with both 30 min and 1 hour settings and 1 hour yields almost two times profit in 3 months and 6 months backtesting.

what are your other settings?  30m outperforms 1hr for me.

Here's 1 hr:

Here's 30m:

there's 50% difference.

My bad, I should have indicated the exchanges I tried.

MtGox and Bitstamp get higher max. profit with 1-hour while BTC-e is better with 30-minute. The only difference with your settings is that I got a tick offset which makes a difference in positive direction than a zero offset.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:07:03 AM

Hey Guys Smiley,
   I've been following the conversation, couple of things:

1. For those of you having issues with Mt. Gox, this is a limited bug that triggers under specific circumstances; we will release an update to take care of this plus some other minor work ups tonight.

2: The graph issue is indeed an issue with BitcoinCharts.com: BitcoinCharts doesn't have the best API and it sometimes crashes in moments of high volatility, we will see about how to mitigate this.

This post below worries me a lot:

Does anyone have any great settings that work on 1 minute frequency? (and is willing to share?)

=======[Discount Code for Butter (10% off)]=========

https://butter-bot.com/?r=f5a17f5b

Use my referal code cause' im sooo cute!  Grin Cheesy

You'll get an extra month free, it's all on me!

OMG... wrong type of system for 1 minute settings.  Do the tests... you will run out of money fast.  Wink

Seriously never recommend anything under 60 minutes with EMA.
1 minute settings, backtested for 1 month.

Profit:77.47%Max. Profit:77.47%Min. Profit:-0.60%Trades:32

I have backtested it further up to 6 months but the backtesting server seems to be sporadic at the moment.

There was another setting that got up to 127% with trades going back much further. I can't figure out what the settings were exactly as I kept trying new ones.

Pablo.
@ Pablo

There is another late night bug report:

The bot appears to be making buy trades without sending emails. Even when the trigger does not appear to have been crossed. Looks like a serious issue.

(Sending a PM now plus all the detailed logs)
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 01:24:11 AM

Hey Guys Smiley,

1. For those of you having issues with Mt. Gox, this is a limited bug that triggers under specific circumstances; we will release an update to take care of this plus some other minor work ups tonight.

2: The graph issue is indeed an issue with BitcoinCharts.com: BitcoinCharts doesn't have the best API and it sometimes crashes in moments of high volatility, we will see about how to mitigate this.

Does anyone have any great settings that work on 1 minute frequency? (and is willing to share?)

OMG... wrong type of system for 1 minute settings.  Do the tests... you will run out of money fast.  Wink

I have backtested it further up to 6 months but the backtesting server seems to be sporadic at the moment.

There was another setting that got up to 127% with trades going back much further. I can't figure out what the settings were exactly as I kept trying new ones.

Pablo.
@ Pablo

The bot appears to be making buy trades without sending emails. Even when the trigger does not appear to have been crossed. Looks like a serious issue.

Hey,
  We are looking into this right now; I'm not on the tech division but it looks to me like the issue is possibly the negative value on your sell threshold 2. You sell threshold 1 is 0, so that means that any almost any value will trigger is and your sell 2 is -1 so that means that effectively any value above -1 will trigger it. You have to keep in mind that even for sell values your threshold values are expressed as positives.

I'm getting everyone to look into this but I have had no other similar reports so it suggests to me it's something to do with the settings.

Could you please change your both your "2" values to positive numbers? I am trying to replicate the issue with those and it doesn't show up so far.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
Adeel06

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:25:51 AM

I sold some BTC for USD manually on MTGox, after that I bought butterbot, and have enabled it with the default settings

Trade Freq: 1 Hr
Short EMA - 10
Long EMA - 21
Tick Offset - 0 minutes
Buy Threshold 1 = 0
Buy Threshold 2 = .25
Sell Threshold 1 = 0
Sell Threshold 2 = .25
TSL - Empty Field

It has been running for an hour or so, but I just want to make sure everything is good on my end?

Thanks!

Edit: I only have USD in my MTGox account, is that okay?

Sorry for all the newb questions!
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 01:31:04 AM

I sold some BTC for USD manually on MTGox, after that I bought butterbot, and have enabled it with the default settings

Short EMA - 10
Long EMA - 21
Tick Offset - 0 minutes
Buy Threshold 1 = 0
Buy Threshold 2 = .25
Sell Threshold 1 = 0
Sell Threshold 2 = .25
TSL - Empty Field

It has been running for an hour or so, but I just want to make sure everything is good on my end?

Thanks!

Hi Adeel Smiley,
   Looks like you're good to go Smiley.

Please make sure you have the "Connectivity Check Mark" (picture below) on your main bot menu to make double sure everything is okay.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:35:11 AM

Hey Guys Smiley,

Pablo.
@ Pablo

Hey,
  We are looking into this right now; I'm not on the tech division but it looks to me like the issue is possibly the negative value on your sell threshold 2. You sell threshold 1 is 0, so that means that any almost any value will trigger is and your sell 2 is -1 so that means that effectively any value above -1 will trigger it. You have to keep in mind that even for sell values your threshold values are expressed as positives.

I'm getting everyone to look into this but I have had no other similar reports so it suggests to me it's something to do with the settings.

Could you please change your both your "2" values to positive numbers? I am trying to replicate the issue with those and it doesn't show up so far.

Pablo.
I changed the value to a positive.

Do the first two thresholds on buy and sell react the same way to a "0" as with a "blank"? (nothing filled in)

Edit: I noticed when I changed the value to a positive number it behaves differently during backtesting.
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 01:37:49 AM

Hey Guys Smiley,

Pablo.
@ Pablo

Hey,

Pablo.
I changed the value to a positive.

Do the first two thresholds on buy and sell react the same way to a "0" as with a "blank"? (nothing filled in)

No, you have to have a value filled in, otherwise it will not work properly.

I'll be standing by for your feedback on the positive value change.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 01:46:36 AM

Hey Guys Smiley,

Pablo.
@ Pablo

Ok,
   I've reviewed the data, and I'm fairly confident the negative value is the issue, your Buys make sense as the value (+1) was triggered, it's the sells that are suspect and if you notice they happen on the "sell" crossover at every tick; that makes sense since the negative threshold value would mean any sell crossover would trigger the bot.

I think that we should keep an eye on it but I don't think it's a bug, I will be here for another hour at least to monitor the situation. Please drop me an email if the issue recurs.

Pablo.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Adeel06

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:50:51 AM

Short EMA - 10
Long EMA - 21
Tick Offset - 0 minutes
Buy Threshold 1 = 0
Buy Threshold 2 = .25
Sell Threshold 1 = 0
Sell Threshold 2 = .25
TSL - Empty Field

Thanks!

Hi Adeel Smiley,

Please make sure you have the "Connectivity Check Mark" (picture below) on your main bot menu to make double sure everything is okay.

Pablo.

Yep, it says API Connected & MTGox Connected and has a check mark.

Now I just set it and forget it? lol
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 01:53:50 AM

Short EMA - 10
Long EMA - 21
Tick Offset - 0 minutes
Buy Threshold 1 = 0
Buy Threshold 2 = .25
Sell Threshold 1 = 0
Sell Threshold 2 = .25
TSL - Empty Field

Thanks!

Hi Adeel Smiley,

Pablo.

Yep, it says API Connected & MTGox Connected and has a check mark.

Now I just set it and forget it? lol

Yep Smiley.

Be sure to drop me an email if you want to change your settings after playing with the back testing engine, I will be glad to help you Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 01:56:01 AM

Hey Guys Smiley,

Pablo.
@ Pablo

Ok,
   I've reviewed the data, and I'm fairly confident the negative value is the issue, your Buys make sense as the value (+1) was triggered, it's the sells that are suspect and if you notice they happen on the "sell" crossover at every tick; that makes sense since the negative threshold value would mean any sell crossover would trigger the bot.

I think that we should keep an eye on it but I don't think it's a bug, I will be here for another hour at least to monitor the situation. Please drop me an email if the issue recurs.

Pablo.

Pablo.

Ok,
 I just heard back from the Lead developer and we are sure that the issue was the negative values in the settings, using positive values (as normal) will resolve it.

You made me worried for a second there PuertoLibre Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:56:28 AM

@ Pablo

What about the issue where the emails for the buys weren't generated?

I am looking through the email and it only shows the sell notice but none for the buys it made.

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 02:03:06 AM

@ Pablo

What about the issue where the emails for the buys weren't generated?

I am looking through the email and it only shows the sell notice but none for the buys it made.

Looks like there may be something to that, it looks like it's only the buy emails that aren't going out, not the sells for some reason. It's a non-critical issue but we will have that fixed ASAP.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:43:06 AM

@ Pablo

Should both numbers (under the arrows) be expressed as a positive number in B-bot's settings?

0.6 buy threshold?

0.3 sell threshold?
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:40:25 AM

Hi Pablo,

So I added the update (2.4) you sent via email and now I keep getting email notifications every 30 mins (set to 30min buy/sell trigger) that there has been a purchase despite the fact that there was already a purchase 3 hours ago and there no further funds to purchase anything new.

Is this a bug? My settings haven't changed. They are the same as they were before the update.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
uck

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:56:26 AM

i see similar behavior.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:07:45 AM

Yeah I saw that bug too but I didn't see it reappear again for me to send some console logs from the bot.

You should contact Pablo with the logs:

Please email me (Pablo@Butter-Bot.com) the info requested below so we can debug the issue you describe, unless it has been resolved Smiley :

1. Go into the "manage extensions" page.
2. Enable "developer" mode by checking the "developer" box in the upper tool bar.
3. Go to the extension and click on the "generated_background_page.html" link.
4. When the new window opens, choose the "console tab"
5. Copy and paste the info there to pastebin.com as close to the time of your issue as possible and send it to me.

And:

1. In the developer tools open the network tab.
2. If it's empty, press F5 to reload the extension and wait a few minutes until there are some requests listed.
3 Then right-click the list in the left pane and select
"Save as HAR with content".
Please scan the file and remove your API Key from the text and send it to us.
This will help us resolve your issue much more quickly.

Pablo.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: