Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:44:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274742 times)
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:39:56 PM

I started this last night and am still tinkering with it. I deposited 1.14 BTC and no cash into my BTC-e account. When I hold my mouse over the icon in the top right it is showing my correct BTC balance. That tells me that I am configured.

No trades have been executed thus far.

However when I click that icon and get my pop-up there is a message across the top as follows: "There was an internal brain error. Please contact us about that problem."

So here I am contacting you Smiley

What's up with that?

Hi Coinits Smiley,
  Hmm this is a weird error you are getting; can you please do me a favour and email me the logs requested below? Two other people have come forward with this same error to me via email but it resolved before I could get their logs; we will track it down and resolve it ASAP; I apologize in advance for the inconvenience.

1. Go into the "manage extensions" page.
2. Enable "developer" mode by checking the "developer" box in the upper tool bar.
3. Go to the extension and click on the "generated_background_page.html" link.
4. When the new window opens, choose the "console tab"
5. Copy and paste the info there to pastebin.com as close to the time of your issue as possible and send it to me.

And:

1. In the developer tools open the network tab.
2. If it's empty, press F5 to reload the extension and wait a few minutes until there are some requests listed.
3 Then right-click the list in the left pane and select
"Save as HAR with content".
Please scan the file and remove your API Key from the text and send it to us.
This will help us resolve your issue much more quickly.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:42:10 PM

Did I get right it require Chrome? won't work with other services?

Hey Smiley,
  Butter-Bot requires Chrome to be open to work; you can do this cheaply by running it on a VPS or a Raspberry Pi. On the other hand, the new flagship we are developing will run on the cloud through a web interface and will not require you to run anything on your end.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:44:53 PM

Wow, people really using these fancy and simple bots?

Hey Smiley,
  I was halfway into a reply when I realized Gomboo said it best:

(Quoted from Gomboo's Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60501.0)

"One of the simplest trading systems is known as the Turtle Trading System.  In the system, you basically buy if the price is higher than the past 20 periods or sell when the price is lower than 20 periods.  This system generated millions for the participants and followers of it.  One of the "Market Wizards" did a test in which he hired a group of random people and taught them to trade the simple system - the majority of them made several million dollars in the following years.

If you would like to learn more about the Turtle Trading System, the complete rules can be found here:
http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/files/turtlerules.pdf

Also, here is an image of the historic performance of this system for the past 41 years.

This was found in this thread:
http://www.tradingblox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7379

Also, the great book on the Market Wizards - or some of the best traders ever:
http://www.amazon.com/Market-Wizards-Interviews-Top-Traders/dp/1592802974/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327115564&sr=8-1"

(/End Quote)

You see, trading is mathematics and in mathematics the most elegant solutions tend to be the simplest ones. The trading methods we offer, will offer, and that are discussed here are proven and taken from real world applications. There is no need to re-invent the wheel; that being said, we don't believe we have all the answers and "Butter-Cream" will let customers do their own thing so the next gen systems we are discussing will allow you to do just that, use a multitude of indicators to create as simple or complex a set of algorithms as you wish; but if I had to put my money somewhere I would wager that the more elegant algorithms customers will come up with will win out against the overly-complex ones.

I hope that helps Smiley.

Pablo.

I am new to this robot and am testing it right now. To utilize the Turtle Method what would be the best settings on your bot to emulate it? I would like to be the lazy man and set it and forget it as I work long days and do not have time to monitor it for most of the day.

Thanks

Hey Smiley,
  Butter currently uses the EMA strategy so you really can't set it for the Turtle Method, I used that post as an example of how simple strategies can be very effective. That being said, our next gen bot "Butter-Cream" should allow you to create and run a strategy like this one and current subscribers will get a great deal on this product.

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
zheron

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:06:06 PM

I setup the bot and have a trial license key.  The bot seems to be working and I even got an email that a sell order triggered, but when I look on BTC-e I don't see any trade for LTC.

Is there a log somewhere that I can check to see why the sell order was never executed?

Also, when is butter-cream coming out?  I would like to be able to enable and disable my bot from either work or home, but if it has to run in chrome as an extension I am assuming running it in both locations would cause it to actually trade in both locations?  Is that correct?  I really only want one bot running, not two.  I just want to be able to play with the settings from either location.

And one last question.  Is there any planned support for other coins or exchanges like Cryptsty and the multitude of other altcoins they offer?
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:26:18 PM

I setup the bot and have a trial license key.  The bot seems to be working and I even got an email that a sell order triggered, but when I look on BTC-e I don't see any trade for LTC.

Is there a log somewhere that I can check to see why the sell order was never executed?

Also, when is butter-cream coming out?  I would like to be able to enable and disable my bot from either work or home, but if it has to run in chrome as an extension I am assuming running it in both locations would cause it to actually trade in both locations?  Is that correct?  I really only want one bot running, not two.  I just want to be able to play with the settings from either location.

And one last question.  Is there any planned support for other coins or exchanges like Cryptsty and the multitude of other altcoins they offer?

Hi Zheron Smiley,
  The issue in BTC-E may have to do with the setup of trading ratio of BTC and LTC in your settings, drop me an email and I will be happy to help you one on one. I would suggest checking to see if you had a trade in that time period in either BTC and LTC even if you are only trading LTC or vice-versa. It's a common error and an easy fix Smiley.

Butter-Cream is in alpha testing and coming along rather quickly, I would say 6-8 weeks for an open Beta, if not earlier. The main thing is that Butter-Cream will be more expensive than Butter-Bot, in line with it's new features and capabilities; but current Butter-Bot subscribers will get an exclusive deal on the upgrade.

You can easily un bots with different settings from one or multiple computers, but running a single bot from multiple locations can be tricky; this is one of the core reasons Butter-Cream will be a hosted solution. You can get around this cheaply and easily by running your Butter-Bot on a Raspberry Pi or VPS for a few dollars a month for the time being.

Yes, Cryptsy is pretty much the most requested addition we have and we will look into streamlining this and other new exchange adoptions as soon as we have a little free development time.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:59:14 AM

With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year. Of course, you need to use the correct settings to get that kind of performance.  Wink

Knightlife999 - goddamnit, I am struggling to make 1 tenth of those percentages!

With the right settings, you can get a high return with the bot.  Smiley

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
knightlife999

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:07:04 AM

I just want to make a comment in regards to everyone who says that EMA does not work anymore:
....With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year....

3500%
is bad as BTC risen more than that. Anyways I'd like to see trade log of a backtest run which does that profit.

Here is a trade log of my bot doing more than 3000% profit on last 4 months at mt.gox: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=FYjLm6YL
Chart: http://oi57.tinypic.com/2uz55wm.jpg

PS: I've ran a few thousand backtests using only EMA cross indicator with randomized parameters and it never did more profit than holding. It's good on stock trading which aren't this volatile.

Sorry Pablo, I think it's time for advanced bots to step in.

3500% in the past year is an excellent return. Holding over the past year would not have come close. Maybe someone could have made more than 3500% if they had bought and held since 2012, but not over the past year. When Butterbot allowed for 2 year long backtesting, I was able to get the bot to show a 12,000% return on Gox. Anyway, if you can get the bot to backtest a yearly profit of 1000% or more including draw down months, you are doing very well. Work with the settings and you can get some fantastic performance out of Butterbot.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:48:09 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 04:44:36 PM by coinits

With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year. Of course, you need to use the correct settings to get that kind of performance.  Wink

Knightlife999 - goddamnit, I am struggling to make 1 tenth of those percentages!

With the right settings, you can get a high return with the bot.  Smiley

How do you backtest for 1 year? When I use custom date range of 1 year by clicking on the calendar, once I chose the To date the From date disappears. If I manually type in a 1 year date range once I type in the To date, the From date reverts to Jan 1 2014. The 1 year option is not in my drop down list.

Should note that I have a trial edition right now.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:42:28 PM

I am ready to buy. Any coupon codes?

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
mboehler

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:39:21 PM

Hey Pablo,

I am experiencing a strange problem with Butter Bot.  Instead of the usual B symbol in Chrome, it is showing a puzzlepiece.  It is currently showing .39 on a red background and a down arrow, like it does when it's running correctly, so I don't know if it's working or not.

If I right-click on it and select Butter Bot, it takes me to the Chrome Store.  If I right-click and select Options it tries to open chrome-extension://mobiagalfkjjikfjjdbihiojihpdfbpl/options.html but it fails with a "The webpage is not found" error.

Any ideas?

If it matters, I have Butter Bot running on two PC's.  One the one I am not having trouble with is on all the time, and Butter Bot is set to do trading.

On the PC I am having trouble with, which is not on all the time I also have Butter Bot installed.  I have the same settings in it, but trading is disabled.  That way I can see what is going on without having two competing bots.

Could this be causing the problem?

Thanks!
knightlife999

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:59:13 PM

With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year. Of course, you need to use the correct settings to get that kind of performance.  Wink

How do you backtest for 1 year? When I use custom date range of 1 year by clicking on the calendar, once I chose the To date the From date disappears. If I manually type in a 1 year date range once I type in the To date, the From date reverts to Jan 1 2014. The 1 year option is not in my drop down list.

The previous version allowed backtesting for one year, and the version before that allowed backtesting for 2 years on Gox. The present version seems to cut off backtesting at 6 months.

Pablo, is there a way you guys can add the 1-2 year backtesting option again?

coinits
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:14:57 PM

The previous version allowed backtesting for one year, and the version before that allowed backtesting for 2 years on Gox. The present version seems to cut off backtesting at 6 months.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ I am leaving my btc alone for 12 months to see what shakes out of the btc tree!

Of course Knightlife999 could share his settings with me Smiley

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:30:37 PM

Hey Pablo,

I am experiencing a strange problem with Butter Bot.  Instead of the usual B symbol in Chrome, it is showing a puzzlepiece.  It is currently showing .39 on a red background and a down arrow, like it does when it's running correctly, so I don't know if it's working or not.

If I right-click on it and select Butter Bot, it takes me to the Chrome Store.  If I right-click and select Options it tries to open chrome-extension://mobiagalfkjjikfjjdbihiojihpdfbpl/options.html but it fails with a "The webpage is not found" error.

Any ideas?

If it matters, I have Butter Bot running on two PC's.  One the one I am not having trouble with is on all the time, and Butter Bot is set to do trading.

On the PC I am having trouble with, which is not on all the time I also have Butter Bot installed.  I have the same settings in it, but trading is disabled.  That way I can see what is going on without having two competing bots.

Could this be causing the problem?

Thanks!
Hey M Smiley,
  I suspect the issue may be that Chrome is synching between devices. Could please disable synching and reinstall? That ought to solve it.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:32:50 PM

Guys,
  As far as I am aware, custom back testing can only be done for 6 months but you can still use the drop downs for up to 2 year back testing. Does that make sense to you guys or are you seeing something different? If not, can you please post a screen shot of what you see in back testing in terms of options so I can track it down?

Thank you Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:36:20 PM

With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year. Of course, you need to use the correct settings to get that kind of performance.  Wink

With the right settings, you can get a high return with the bot.  Smiley

Guys,
  As far as I am aware, custom back testing can only be done for 6 months but you can still use the drop downs for up to 2 year back testing. Does that make sense to you guys or are you seeing something different? If not, can you please post a screen shot of what you see in back testing in terms of options so I can track it down?

Thank you Smiley.

Pablo.

It is impossible to enter a range of more than 6 months in the custom range boxes cor btc-e (that is all that I use)
Screen shot will not work. Need a video to do that or instructions which I will do first:

1) I select a From date of 03/08/2013
2) I select a To date of 03/07/2014
3) The From date disappears

or

1) I manually input a From date of 03/08/2013
2) I manually input a To date of 03/07/2014
3) The From date changes automatically to 01/07/2014

mboehler

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:13:40 PM

Hey M Smiley,
  I suspect the issue may be that Chrome is synching between devices. Could please disable synching and reinstall? That ought to solve it.

Pablo.

I suspect you're right.  I'll try that now.

Thanks!
mobile4ever

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:33:31 PM

Not a problem! I consider myself a power user, so I'm always tweaking settings and try to notice when programs might be improved by adding things here and there for ease of usability and what not.

I know that with the nature of this program its not in all of our best interests to make this super easy to use, but for your existing customers I do see this as definitely being a decent usability upgrade for those that would rather not bother with thresholds and are just looking for a bit that will buy and sell at the crossovers, but also gives advanced users the tools to further personalize their experience with the software.

Would you, as a power user, recommend it to an economic newbie like myself?

After I saw that "EMA implementation" has 144 "data points":

(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197175.msg2790820#msg2790820)

I am almost scared off from buying this. I saw that Butter Bot comes with instructions, though. What do you think? Is it for a newbie like me?
knightlife999

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:41:14 PM

Not a problem! I consider myself a power user, so I'm always tweaking settings and try to notice when programs might be improved by adding things here and there for ease of usability and what not.

I know that with the nature of this program its not in all of our best interests to make this super easy to use, but for your existing customers I do see this as definitely being a decent usability upgrade for those that would rather not bother with thresholds and are just looking for a bit that will buy and sell at the crossovers, but also gives advanced users the tools to further personalize their experience with the software.

Would you, as a power user, recommend it to an economic newbie like myself?

After I saw that "EMA implementation" has 144 "data points":

(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197175.msg2790820#msg2790820)

I am almost scared off from buying this. I saw that Butter Bot comes with instructions, though. What do you think? Is it for a newbie like me?

It's a very easy setup. Don't worry about trying it out. Simple to get going.

cryptohelion

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:33:40 AM

I just want to make a comment in regards to everyone who says that EMA does not work anymore:

EMA does work... when the market is in an uptrend. It's really quite simple. When the market tops out and turns downward, you should consider turning off the bot until it bottoms and turns upward again. When a market is in an upward trend, EMA picks up the majority of the moves and exits when the market turns downward. It is very effective in uptrends. When markets are in downtrends, EMA initiates buy orders on the brief corrections (crossovers), but then exits when the market continues the downward trend. That's why EMA has losing trades in downtrends. To find the present general trend, use a 12 Hour or 1 Day chart to see if the market is truly in an uptrend, downtrend, or sideways consolidation phase. With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year. Of course, you need to use the correct settings to get that kind of performance.  Wink

Since December 5th, the market has been in a downtrend and at times sideways consolidation. This is a common historic pattern for BTC. We rally to all time highs, crash/panic sell to half the value or more, then move downward/sideways for 2-4 months before the next big rally. EMA is perfect when we are in a rally/uptrend. Just be patient and make sure that the trend is truly moving upwards.

For instance, it looks like we could be entering into an uptrend right now. If the price extends above 700 and holds, we should see a nice uptrend through the middle to end of April. I used to trade forex professionally for 10+ years and have been trading BTC for the one year so far.

Butterbot is the best BTC trading bot I have found and you won't find a product with better customer support. Pablo is the best and he is always working to improve his product.  

I want to take a moment and thank you for your post. It's very useful and valuable, and it seems to me there are far too many people on this forum who don't appreciate valuable contributors such as yourself.

I'm placing my order for Butter Bot in the morning. Now if I can just figure out the correct settings to get that good performance. Smiley
paco050166

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:22:47 AM

please the hability to use another traders techniques or parameters! top traders etc.!
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: