Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:39:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274742 times)
mboehler

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:04:34 PM

Request for Input:

Friends,
  We need your help with our new development project and we would love to hear from you:

1. What trading strategies would you like to see?

2. What trading indicators (or combination thereof) are important to you?

3. What features would you like to see in our next gen bot (settings profiles, etc.)?

We appreciate everyones input and if we could get a discussion going on what you guys think would be core features of our next generation trading bot, that would be great. We want to get as much of the stuff you guys want in there as possible!

Pablo.

In backtesting, I would like to be able to see the profit in terms of both bitcoin and fiat.  Or be able to toggle between them.

I would like to see actual profit and loss in terms of both bitcoin and fiat.

I would also like to be able to set both the fiat and bitcoin reserves as either a percentage or as a set amount.

I'm not sure what else.  Perhaps consider trading on CampBX...

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:51:44 PM

Request for Input:

Friends,
  We need your help with our new development project and we would love to hear from you:

1. What trading strategies would you like to see?

2. What trading indicators (or combination thereof) are important to you?

3. What features would you like to see in our next gen bot (settings profiles, etc.)?

We appreciate everyones input and if we could get a discussion going on what you guys think would be core features of our next generation trading bot, that would be great. We want to get as much of the stuff you guys want in there as possible!

Pablo.

In backtesting, I would like to be able to see the profit in terms of both bitcoin and fiat.  Or be able to toggle between them.

I would like to see actual profit and loss in terms of both bitcoin and fiat.

I would also like to be able to set both the fiat and bitcoin reserves as either a percentage or as a set amount.

I'm not sure what else.  Perhaps consider trading on CampBX...

Thanks!

^I've bolded these suggestions above as I think they are excellent and would really help improve the functionality and user-friendliness of the bot.

In particular, the "actual profit and loss in terms of both bitcoin and fiat" is perhaps the most important feature I'd like to see added as it would negate the need to record elsewhere how the bot is performing in accordance with mark-to-market pricing, which, quite frankly is a pain it would be nice to do without.

Thanks for asking for customer feedback Pablo, it is really appreciated.

Smiley

paco050166

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:22:31 AM

more currencies trading ! and more exchanges, please!!!, my actual suscription will be valid in the next gen bot right?
joehal

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:00:42 AM

Settings profiles or presets.
CC23

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:26:36 PM

If it is at all mathematically/realistically possible, a trading indicator/strategy that can react more quickly to fast swings than EMA.. been losing a lot due to the bot buying at the peak of a $50 rise and selling after the price crashed back below the previous low. TSL doesn't do that job either because it either sells prematurely at a bit of jitter or doesn't react either until it's too late.
So far I've been completely at the mercy of the market and luck and I probably wouldn't be worse off if I hadn't used the bot at all. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole point though and this is as good as it gets?

Another feature I'd like, as I already said, would be the bot using actively and quickly corrected limit orders instead of market orders to reduce loss to slippage.

By the way, is it possible that the bot uses some server clock for ticks instead of local time and is that clock by a few minutes late? I've gotten the impression..

I will answer your Geology questions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864879
miless2111s

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:42:59 PM

Good general synopsis. However, I don't advise random EMAs. Heat-mapping is a useful technique.

I saw heat maps earlier and they confirmed my feeling that there was no way to iterate to a better set of variables - how do I produce them?

Thanks

Miles
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 06:08:00 PM

Great suggestions so far, please keep them coming :=).

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 10:53:19 PM

If it is at all mathematically/realistically possible, a trading indicator/strategy that can react more quickly to fast swings than EMA.. been losing a lot due to the bot buying at the peak of a $50 rise and selling after the price crashed back below the previous low. TSL doesn't do that job either because it either sells prematurely at a bit of jitter or doesn't react either until it's too late.
So far I've been completely at the mercy of the market and luck and I probably wouldn't be worse off if I hadn't used the bot at all. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole point though and this is as good as it gets?

Another feature I'd like, as I already said, would be the bot using actively and quickly corrected limit orders instead of market orders to reduce loss to slippage.

By the way, is it possible that the bot uses some server clock for ticks instead of local time and is that clock by a few minutes late? I've gotten the impression..
Would like to highlight that, EMA may have been good for last year's market but insofar this year the bot is not too great for me.

The past few weeks have been hard on EMA which requires an up and down trend to profit. Regardless, your long term outlook should still be positive and Butter should have protected you from the crash.

We are working on releasing alt strategies as soon as possible to allow users to take advantage of different market conditions. If anyone has any ideas on what strategies or indicators they would like to see, please be sure to let us know.

Pablo.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
miless2111s

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:54:34 AM

Good general synopsis. However, I don't advise random EMAs. Heat-mapping is a useful technique.

I saw heat maps earlier and they confirmed my feeling that there was no way to iterate to a better set of variables - how do I produce them?

Thanks

Miles

Maybe this could be a feature which you could offer?  The ability to heat maps around variables.  Obviously you'd only be able to one set of variables at a time so
* heat map the short/long having chosen a set of buy/sell thresholds
* heat map buy (or sell) thresholds having chosen the short/long  (though a simplification could be to assume that the buy and sell would have the same values leaving us to experiment with any variations between them on back testing)
* heat map tick offset (this would be a linear representation) having chosen the remaining items

These heat maps would be available for either 1 week / 1 month /2 month possibly displayed at the same time or selectable OR for the user selected timeframe.  Similarly I don't see the value in heat mapping the time interval as we can play with setting that before running the heat map.

Given you've already got the data and back testing functionality this would be a logical thing to be offering (and for a beginner it would be a brilliant tool and value add).  It would be nice to be able to dispose of the reams of paper covered by scribbles of values and results which is my current "method" of trying to find a value set that works Smiley Smiley

Regards

Miles

miless2111s

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:19:28 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 04:26:20 PM by miless2111s

looking at the 1h graph which was generated by your new settings suggestions I noticed a possible trading strategy - looking at the places where the EMA chart changes direction.  I've just grabbed a screen shot to show what I mean.
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo94/miles_hot/inflectionsonEMA_zps27740318.jpg
Looking at the points where it clearly goes up or down is fairly clear to the eye (red arrows) however to avoid false calls (the yellow arrows) we'd need a threshold of some sort - either that the change has to to be by X or that the change has to hold for 1 or maybe 2 cycles (or maybe a fraction of a cycle)?  By cycle I mean the period of observation - in this case 1 hour.  I would think that most people would not want to wait 2 hours after the market has moved to make a trade so maybe when an inflection point is reached the system check every 0.5 hours for a significant change?

Now I know that this is a blindingly simple method and therefore must have been thought of (and probably disproved) by minds far more experienced and better than mine so I'm all ears...
Nomorerulz

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:42:24 PM

Updated Starter Settings:

We are issuing the following updated "starter" settings for the current market:

We recommend the following starter settings:

Short EMA: 15    Long EMA: 31
Buy 1: 0    Buy 2: 1
Sell 1: 0    Sell 2: 1
1 hour time window.

Please also make sure to set a tick offset.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Pablo.

Is it the same thing for btc-e?
What do you recommend for the tick ?
CC23

Activity: 288

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:00:24 PM

looking at the 1h graph which was generated by your new settings suggestions I noticed a possible trading strategy - looking at the places where the EMA chart changes direction.  I've just grabbed a screen shot to show what I mean.
Looking at the points where it clearly goes up or down is fairly clear to the eye (red arrows) however to avoid false calls (the yellow arrows) we'd need a threshold of some sort - either that the change has to to be by X or that the change has to hold for 1 or maybe 2 cycles (or maybe a fraction of a cycle)?  By cycle I mean the period of observation - in this case 1 hour.  I would think that most people would not want to wait 2 hours after the market has moved to make a trade so maybe when an inflection point is reached the system check every 0.5 hours for a significant change?

Now I know that this is a blindingly simple method and therefore must have been thought of (and probably disproved) by minds far more experienced and better than mine so I'm all ears...

Hey, I like it - I've been thinking if one might be able to use curve sketching on the price or the average price to identify inflection points.. but I don't really know how one would take the derivative of a changing curve in real time ^^.

I will answer your Geology questions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864879
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 06:24:10 PM

1 hour time window.

Pablo.

Hey Smiley,
  Yes, these are starter settings for all exchanges in the current downtrend. They are designed to be more resistant to swings and require a clearer pattern to initiate a trade.

About tick offset, we don't have a recommended value because that would defeat the point, just use something other than 0 and you should be good Smiley.

I am here if you need any help.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 06:25:15 PM

Thanks

Miles

Maybe this could be a feature which you could offer?  The ability to heat maps around variables.  Obviously you'd only be able to one set of variables at a time so
* heat map the short/long having chosen a set of buy/sell thresholds
* heat map buy (or sell) thresholds having chosen the short/long  (though a simplification could be to assume that the buy and sell would have the same values leaving us to experiment with any variations between them on back testing)
* heat map tick offset (this would be a linear representation) having chosen the remaining items

These heat maps would be available for either 1 week / 1 month /2 month possibly displayed at the same time or selectable OR for the user selected timeframe.  Similarly I don't see the value in heat mapping the time interval as we can play with setting that before running the heat map.

Given you've already got the data and back testing functionality this would be a logical thing to be offering (and for a beginner it would be a brilliant tool and value add).  It would be nice to be able to dispose of the reams of paper covered by scribbles of values and results which is my current "method" of trying to find a value set that works Smiley Smiley

Regards

Miles

Miles,
  Strikes me as quite an interesting idea; I will see what we can do about this in detail.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
miless2111s

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:00:12 PM

Hey, I like it - I've been thinking if one might be able to use curve sketching on the price or the average price to identify inflection points.. but I don't really know how one would take the derivative of a changing curve in real time ^^.
My initial thoughts were to use the data point at the end of each period in comparison to the previous one or two EMA points.  Then once a possible inflection point is identified hold this and compare the end of the next period against thresholds to eliminate the minor blip or flattening line.  If it fails the threshold the inflection point is still held and then the next period is compared.  This would allow the bot to identify a gradual increase or increase after flat (\___/ ).  Now this could be a pretty slow method if using a 1 hour period however it would still be much faster than the crossing EMA lines as they don't even start to cross till several periods after the inflection point.
Grinny

Activity: 390

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:55:47 PM

- MACD
- StockRSI
- KDJ
- Possibility to add more parameters to EMA, i.e. 4: EMA (2,5,15,30)

Crypto-Trade: Invest. Trade. Be free.
BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 11:02:08 PM

- MACD
- StockRSI
- KDJ
- Possibility to add more parameters to EMA, i.e. 4: EMA (2,5,15,30)

As far as I am aware MACD is in.

I haven't been updated about your other suggestions but we will include as many indicators as possible Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
NginUS

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:02:28 PM

I'd also like to see more information included in the email alerts.

ie. Balances after a buy or sell is made, & profit history of recent transactions.
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 07:42:11 PM

Friends,

I know a couple of you are using VPS's to run your Butter-Bots.. Can anyone share their experience, let us know which the best ones out there are and what issues, if any, they faced during installation?

Thank you,
  Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
13Darko

Activity: 621
Merit: 507

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:42:20 PM

1 hour time window.

Pablo.

Hey Smiley,
  Yes, these are starter settings for all exchanges in the current downtrend. They are designed to be more resistant to swings and require a clearer pattern to initiate a trade.

About tick offset, we don't have a recommended value because that would defeat the point, just use something other than 0 and you should be good Smiley.

I am here if you need any help.

Pablo.

It would be nice to see those recommended settings for the current market trend in the Butter-Bot options somewhere. For example, in the Engine menu. It would be even better to have a button there or something like that. So by clicking on it, we could instantly use them Wink... and have some notification in the browser like "new recommended settings are available for your Butter-Bot" Grin You could even automate the process of using the recommended settings somehow... like checking the box "Always use recommended" in the menu! That would be Great! Cheesy

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: