Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:23:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274742 times)
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 02:11:07 AM

Hi there im new to BB, still not a member but have a free licence key.

now my questions, i cant see any charts and the bot isnt functioning?
I put in my api + secret word, but the bot isnt working.

is this because i first have to become a full membership?

sincerly,
me

HI Michael Smiley,
  No, the demo is fully functional.

Why do you think Butter is not working, is it because you have not seen a trade yet?

EMA (the bot's algorithm) is a trend seeking algorithm, that means that the bot seeks to get in/out of up/down trends as quickly as possible; thus the bot will only trade when the market reverses itself.
BTC has been collapsing for the past few days and thus the bot is holding a "sell" command, therefore you would not expect to have seen a trade yet. When the market reverses itself you will see a trade and the bot will sell your BTC for Fiat.

This is not a High Frequency Trader (HFT). With EMA, the fewer trades you see, the better, because it means that trends are manifesting themselves and making you money. Many trades in a short period of time could mean the bot has been triggered by a false signal and could end up costing you fees.
I hope that answers your questions, please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

I just reread your question:

The issue with the charts is likely a problem with your demo key not being entered properly: please double check that punctuation was not included in the key by mistake or that it is not missing a character. Your API keys also need to have the necessary permissions; feel free to drop me an email, I will be happy to help you one on one Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dark_silverstar

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:54:43 AM

Any chance of a version not requiring Chrome?

Hi Smiley,
  Yep, our next gen bot "Butter-Cream" will run from our servers through a web interface, nothing is needed on the clients end.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

any ETA about that next gen bot.
miless2111s

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:23:59 PM

any ETA about that next gen bot.

Pablo's reply on the previous page:
Quote from: fibre1
We plan to release LTC in the coming weeks, we have it down, we just have to test one last upgrade and we are good to go.

The Butter-Cream Beta is hard to predict, but I think 6-8 weeks for Beta testing to start is a good goal. We want to release Butter-Cream as soon as we can develop it and make sure it does what it is supposed to do in the best way possible. It's just such a big leap forward that we want to push it out ASAP.

In the meantime I think we will be asking for customer input in intermediate steps along the way.
Smiley
mazeinc

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:55:22 AM

hi,

i have a question about the diff between EMA values when crossover either for buy or sell the higher diff percentage is better or the smaller is better for buy?

Please explain.

Thank you.
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 08:20:18 PM

Hi Guys Smiley,
  I'm really sorry I have been a bit absent from the thread the past couple of weeks; been so involved in developing Butter-Cream that I got caught up, I'm sorry about that and from today on you can all expect same day answers from me again Smiley.

I want to catch everyone up:

1. We released Litecoin Live last week (albeit without much fanfare), I hope you guys are enjoying it and finding it profitable Smiley.

Butter-Cream is coming along great and we are running a pre-alpha version:

1. Multiple indicators requested run great; we have found Bollinger Band trading very useful the past couple of weeks Smiley.
2. Our method for allowing customers to create their own strategies and manipulate indicators easily and intuitively is working perfectly.
3. Graphs and other interface systems work great.

I think we may be able to show you guys an open beta in 6-8 weeks.

Again, let me apologize for my short absence, please let me know if anyone needs anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:45:17 PM

I just want to make a comment in regards to everyone who says that EMA does not work anymore:

EMA does work... when the market is in an uptrend. It's really quite simple. When the market tops out and turns downward, you should consider turning off the bot until it bottoms and turns upward again. When a market is in an upward trend, EMA picks up the majority of the moves and exits when the market turns downward. It is very effective in uptrends. When markets are in downtrends, EMA initiates buy orders on the brief corrections (crossovers), but then exits when the market continues the downward trend. That's why EMA has losing trades in downtrends. To find the present general trend, use a 12 Hour or 1 Day chart to see if the market is truly in an uptrend, downtrend, or sideways consolidation phase. With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year. Of course, you need to use the correct settings to get that kind of performance.  Wink

Since December 5th, the market has been in a downtrend and at times sideways consolidation. This is a common historic pattern for BTC. We rally to all time highs, crash/panic sell to half the value or more, then move downward/sideways for 2-4 months before the next big rally. EMA is perfect when we are in a rally/uptrend. Just be patient and make sure that the trend is truly moving upwards.

For instance, it looks like we could be entering into an uptrend right now. If the price extends above 700 and holds, we should see a nice uptrend through the middle to end of April. I used to trade forex professionally for 10+ years and have been trading BTC for the one year so far.

Butterbot is the best BTC trading bot I have found and you won't find a product with better customer support. Pablo is the best and he is always working to improve his product.  

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
poikkeus

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:40:18 PM

Wow, people really using these fancy and simple bots?
relic000

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:15:31 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 11:28:18 PM by relic000

FIBB Fibonacci Bollinger Bands strategy?

fibonacci's golden ratio is everywhere. read on this topic might be helpful:
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=35566
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 12:14:00 AM

I just want to make a comment in regards to everyone who says that EMA does not work anymore:

EMA does work... when the market is in an uptrend. It's really quite simple. When the market tops out and turns downward, you should consider turning off the bot until it bottoms and turns upward again. When a market is in an upward trend, EMA picks up the majority of the moves and exits when the market turns downward. It is very effective in uptrends. When markets are in downtrends, EMA initiates buy orders on the brief corrections (crossovers), but then exits when the market continues the downward trend. That's why EMA has losing trades in downtrends. To find the present general trend, use a 12 Hour or 1 Day chart to see if the market is truly in an uptrend, downtrend, or sideways consolidation phase. With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year. Of course, you need to use the correct settings to get that kind of performance.  Wink

Since December 5th, the market has been in a downtrend and at times sideways consolidation. This is a common historic pattern for BTC. We rally to all time highs, crash/panic sell to half the value or more, then move downward/sideways for 2-4 months before the next big rally. EMA is perfect when we are in a rally/uptrend. Just be patient and make sure that the trend is truly moving upwards.

For instance, it looks like we could be entering into an uptrend right now. If the price extends above 700 and holds, we should see a nice uptrend through the middle to end of April. I used to trade forex professionally for 10+ years and have been trading BTC for the one year so far.

Butterbot is the best BTC trading bot I have found and you won't find a product with better customer support. Pablo is the best and he is always working to improve his product.  

Hi Knight Smiley,
 Thank you for your kind comments. We really do feel we have a good product out there and we are working hard to improve upon Butter-Bot with our next generation trader "Butter-Cream". EMA is a successful strategy when used appropriately and we have legions of happy traders, I sincerely hope that those of you who have reservations on it will find success with the myriad of strategies and indicators we will introduce with Butter-Cream in the coming months. In the meantime, I am here to help anyone who needs it on a one on one basis to help you get set up and reach profitability as quickly as possible.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 12:16:06 AM

FIBB Fibonacci Bollinger Bands strategy?

fibonacci's golden ratio is everywhere. read on this topic might be helpful:
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=35566

In the next gen bot you will be able to CREATE your own strategies with a very simple to use interface using our indicators, I am not familiar with the FIBB strategy itself but since it looks dependant on the Bollinger Bands indicator there should not be an issue with you being able to create the neccesary strategy and use it for trading.

I hope that helps :=).

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 12:25:30 AM

Hey Smiley,
  I was halfway into a reply when I realized Gomboo said it best:

(Quoted from Gomboo's Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60501.0)

"One of the simplest trading systems is known as the Turtle Trading System.  In the system, you basically buy if the price is higher than the past 20 periods or sell when the price is lower than 20 periods.  This system generated millions for the participants and followers of it.  One of the "Market Wizards" did a test in which he hired a group of random people and taught them to trade the simple system - the majority of them made several million dollars in the following years.

If you would like to learn more about the Turtle Trading System, the complete rules can be found here:
http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/files/turtlerules.pdf

Also, here is an image of the historic performance of this system for the past 41 years.

This was found in this thread:
http://www.tradingblox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7379

Also, the great book on the Market Wizards - or some of the best traders ever:
http://www.amazon.com/Market-Wizards-Interviews-Top-Traders/dp/1592802974/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327115564&sr=8-1"

(/End Quote)

You see, trading is mathematics and in mathematics the most elegant solutions tend to be the simplest ones. The trading methods we offer, will offer, and that are discussed here are proven and taken from real world applications. There is no need to re-invent the wheel; that being said, we don't believe we have all the answers and "Butter-Cream" will let customers do their own thing so the next gen systems we are discussing will allow you to do just that, use a multitude of indicators to create as simple or complex a set of algorithms as you wish; but if I had to put my money somewhere I would wager that the more elegant algorithms customers will come up with will win out against the overly-complex ones.

I hope that helps Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 12:52:00 AM

Guys,
  Still looking for ideas and features you guys think would make a cool and profitable hosted bot. We are already in pre-alpha testing and this is the time to get all that stuff you guys have been wanting in Butter-Bot into the new Butter-Cream solution. Please post any suggestions you may have, we hope to get this service out to everyone ASAP.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:53:18 AM

Hey Smiley,
  I was halfway into a reply when I realized Gomboo said it best:

(Quoted from Gomboo's Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60501.0)

"One of the simplest trading systems is known as the Turtle Trading System.  In the system, you basically buy if the price is higher than the past 20 periods or sell when the price is lower than 20 periods.  This system generated millions for the participants and followers of it.  One of the "Market Wizards" did a test in which he hired a group of random people and taught them to trade the simple system - the majority of them made several million dollars in the following years.

If you would like to learn more about the Turtle Trading System, the complete rules can be found here:
http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/files/turtlerules.pdf

Also, here is an image of the historic performance of this system for the past 41 years.

This was found in this thread:
http://www.tradingblox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7379

Also, the great book on the Market Wizards - or some of the best traders ever:
http://www.amazon.com/Market-Wizards-Interviews-Top-Traders/dp/1592802974/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327115564&sr=8-1"

(/End Quote)

You see, trading is mathematics and in mathematics the most elegant solutions tend to be the simplest ones. The trading methods we offer, will offer, and that are discussed here are proven and taken from real world applications. There is no need to re-invent the wheel; that being said, we don't believe we have all the answers and "Butter-Cream" will let customers do their own thing so the next gen systems we are discussing will allow you to do just that, use a multitude of indicators to create as simple or complex a set of algorithms as you wish; but if I had to put my money somewhere I would wager that the more elegant algorithms customers will come up with will win out against the overly-complex ones.

I hope that helps Smiley.

Pablo.

I am new to this robot and am testing it right now. To utilize the Turtle Method what would be the best settings on your bot to emulate it? I would like to be the lazy man and set it and forget it as I work long days and do not have time to monitor it for most of the day.

Thanks

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:58:13 AM

I read through some threads and found settings that I liked. I just want to walk away from it and let it run 24-7.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:13:49 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 10:29:36 AM by coinits

I started this last night and am still tinkering with it. I deposited 1.14 BTC and no cash into my BTC-e account. When I hold my mouse over the icon in the top right it is showing my correct BTC balance. That tells me that I am configured.

No trades have been executed thus far.

However when I click that icon and get my pop-up there is a message across the top as follows: "There was an internal brain error. Please contact us about that problem."

So here I am contacting you Smiley

What's up with that?

bill_d

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:11:17 PM

Regards new features, I'm sure it has been mentioned before but just to second it, the ability to test over a configurable time span would be the nuts. Thanks.
uteroulin

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:20:41 PM

Did I get right it require Chrome? won't work with other services?

bill_d

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:41:23 PM

With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year. Of course, you need to use the correct settings to get that kind of performance.  Wink

Knightlife999 - goddamnit, I am struggling to make 1 tenth of those percentages!
bill_d

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:33:13 PM

Regards new features, I'm sure it has been mentioned before but just to second it, the ability to test over a configurable time span would be the nuts. Thanks.

wooohooo - it just appeared! thanks butterbot!
poikkeus

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:17:37 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 08:47:08 PM by poikkeus

....With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year....

3500%
is bad as BTC risen more than that. Anyways I'd like to see trade log of a backtest run which does that profit.

Here is a trade log of my bot doing more than 3000% profit on last 4 months at mt.gox: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=FYjLm6YL
Chart: http://oi57.tinypic.com/2uz55wm.jpg

PS: I've ran a few thousand backtests using only EMA cross indicator with randomized parameters and it never did more profit than holding. It's good on stock trading which aren't this volatile.

Sorry Pablo, I think it's time for advanced bots to step in.
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: