Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:19:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299604 times)
greyworld

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:09:37 AM

Bitmain has jumped the shark.  Maybe they used to be a reputable company but now they're just outright crooks.  They take your money, do not ship product, and then alternate between ignoring you entirely and spamming you to buy other products from them.

You can try to buy a D3 on their site now, but they'll probably just take your money and laugh knowing you won't come to China to do anything about it..

Jihan Wu and his band of thieves are terrible human beings, the absolute worst.  I hope they all die in a fire.

Hey Greyworld....are you saying you don't think they will ship the paid for orders?

I was actually just coming back to this thread to warn you of exactly that.

Do yourself a favor:  Go to support.bitmain.com  and read any of the payment threads.

In the entire several years Bitmain previously existed, those threads had maybe two pages of orders with problems.  Many of which seem to get resolved.

In the last two months, all of them now have at least half a dozen new pages all full of the same thing:  "Bitmain took my money, won't confirm my order as paid, did not ship product".

That's exactly what happened to me.

Also, watch out for Bitmain employees paid to post on this forum and elsewhere talking about how trustworthy they are.  Astro-turf is cheap in China.

'¸ __ ¸*ˆ * ·¸ ____ ¸*ˆ*· ¸ ______________________ ¸ ·*ˆ*¸ ____ ¸· * ˆ*¸ __ ¸'
. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ `·.,¸¸,' ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ',¸¸,.·´ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
craft_mine

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:52:06 AM

Do yourself a favor:  Go to support.bitmain.com  and read any of the payment threads.

In the entire several years Bitmain previously existed, those threads had maybe two pages of orders with problems.  Many of which seem to get resolved.

In the last two months, all of them now have at least half a dozen new pages all full of the same thing:  "Bitmain took my money, won't confirm my order as paid, did not ship product".

That's exactly what happened to me.

Also, watch out for Bitmain employees paid to post on this forum and elsewhere talking about how trustworthy they are.  Astro-turf is cheap in China.

greyworld, really sorry to hear about your troubles. Do you know that Bitmain intends to go public soon? Since reputation is very important for a successful IPO, it makes no sense for Bitmain to scam here and there on some orders. They will be losing money on their public offering many times more if they scam you for 1 or 2 bitcoins. Are you absolutely sure that you paid Bitmain and paid on its official site? There are a lot of scammers that use nearly identical addresses.

If you placed an order on Bitmain site, then you should immediately get an email asking for an exact payment amount. The email should be only from webmaster@bitmaintech.com

If it is from someone else, it is a scam.

If you placed your order on Bitmain and you have proof of payment, then no worries  - you will get your miner and will profit many times more. Check your order history on Bitmain, and open a support ticket with the transaction ID from bitcoin blockchain. I hope this helps you. If not, reply, and we all will figure out how to help you.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:04:43 AM

It's astounding how many posts are here.

It's also astounding how many D3s have been sold.  And the current batch is still for sale at $1450 USD.

And that dude who was asking for 3000 something for early Nov batch?  eastshore has them at $1999. 

https://www.eastshore.xyz/shop/antminer-d3-x11-asic-miner-for-dash-mining/

I've been doing a lot of reading/browsing recently, and lots of people says eastshore is legit.

The question is, who thinks they'll recoup that $549 before the end of Nov batch ships from Bitmain?

This is a fun one to watch.  I'm glad I don't have the BTC to gamble on this.  I think I'd lose.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
llzzyy234

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:11:03 AM

It's astounding how many posts are here.

It's also astounding how many D3s have been sold.  And the current batch is still for sale at $1450 USD.

And that dude who was asking for 3000 something for early Nov batch?  eastshore has them at $1999. 

https://www.eastshore.xyz/shop/antminer-d3-x11-asic-miner-for-dash-mining/

I've been doing a lot of reading/browsing recently, and lots of people says eastshore is legit.

The question is, who thinks they'll recoup that $549 before the end of Nov batch ships from Bitmain?

This is a fun one to watch.  I'm glad I don't have the BTC to gamble on this.  I think I'd lose.

M

Buy Dash now, and sell after 3-4 months, I guess we might be able to buy $500 2nd-hand D3 in Jan Cool
mig6r

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:06:44 AM

The strange things are that there aren't real image or tests of D3, also the power consumption of 1200w is strangely high if compared with other competitors . I hope that BITMAIN will do the magician and will deliver us a D3 with better power consumption.

That would actually be a very nice thing to have Wink But maybe too good too believe? We will find out soon I guess.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:46:04 PM

greyworld, really sorry to hear about your troubles. Do you know that Bitmain intends to go public soon? Since reputation is very important for a successful IPO, it makes no sense for Bitmain to scam here and there on some orders. They will be losing money on their public offering many times more if they scam you for 1 or 2 bitcoins. Are you absolutely sure that you paid Bitmain and paid on its official site? There are a lot of scammers that use nearly identical addresses.

Yes, I'm sure.  Bitmain has confirmed as much (see below).

If you placed an order on Bitmain site, then you should immediately get an email asking for an exact payment amount. The email should be only from webmaster@bitmaintech.com

Yes, I know.  Oddly enough, the scammer was of more help than Bitmain's actual employees though.

If you placed your order on Bitmain and you have proof of payment, then no worries  - you will get your miner and will profit many times more. Check your order history on Bitmain, and open a support ticket with the transaction ID from bitcoin blockchain. I hope this helps you. If not, reply, and we all will figure out how to help you.

I've opened at least 6 support tickets.  The people who respond generally ignore my question, paste some boiler plate response unrelated to what I actually said, change the title/topic of my support request and mark it 'solved'.  Then they leave, and they do not return.  The last response I got from anyone was them spamming me about buying a D3.

The only reason Juliana ever 'found my money' was I called a Bitmain business associate and basically begged them to help me.  Those fine people (who will remain unnamed so they don't get flooded with similar requests) responded within 4 hours, immediately made a phone call for me, and 5 minutes later, my money was found.  But then... nothing else happened on my order.

I took out a loan to pay for this, a loan I am now paying off.  Bitmain took my money, and if they bought bitcoin with it the day I sent it, they have more than doubled that money, while I pay interest on it and make nothing.  I wish I had never placed my order and simply bought BTC and held onto it, my loan would be paid and I would be $1000 ahead.  Instead, Bitmain has put me in a position of 'do I pay the bank, or do I buy food'.    It's a little late for 'no worries'.   I'm pretty worried about this.

. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:56:36 PM

Yes, I'm sure.  Bitmain has confirmed as much (see below).

Yes, I know.  Oddly enough, the scammer was of more help than Bitmain's actual employees though.

If you placed your order on Bitmain and you have proof of payment, then no worries  - you will get your miner and will profit many times more. Check your order history on Bitmain, and open a support ticket with the transaction ID from bitcoin blockchain. I hope this helps you. If not, reply, and we all will figure out how to help you.

I've opened at least 6 support tickets.  The people who respond generally ignore my question, paste some boiler plate response unrelated to what I actually said, change the title/topic of my support request and mark it 'solved'.  Then they leave, and they do not return.  The last response I got from anyone was them spamming me about buying a D3.

The only reason Juliana ever 'found my money' was I called a Bitmain business associate and basically begged them to help me.  Those fine people (who will remain unnamed so they don't get flooded with similar requests) responded within 4 hours, immediately made a phone call for me, and 5 minutes later, my money was found.  But then... nothing else happened on my order.

I took out a loan to pay for this, a loan I am now paying off.  Bitmain took my money, and if they bought bitcoin with it the day I sent it, they have more than doubled that money, while I pay interest on it and make nothing.  I wish I had never placed my order and simply bought BTC and held onto it, my loan would be paid and I would be $1000 ahead.  Instead, Bitmain has put me in a position of 'do I pay the bank, or do I buy food'.    It's a little late for 'no worries'.   I'm pretty worried about this.
If what you're saying about your personal situation is true, you've broken every investment rule there is. Why would you take that kind of risk and debt over something so speculative??? I urge you to seriously rethink your tactics. Very dangerous stuff.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:03:36 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 02:20:26 PM by greyworld

If what you're saying about your personal situation is true, you've broken every investment rule there is. Why would you take that kind of risk and debt over something so speculative??? I urge you to seriously rethink your tactics. Very dangerous stuff.

The economy is terrible where I'm at.  I have to find a way to make some sort of steady income (I already do freelance programming on elancer sites, and it's great when its there but not steady enough).  

And to be fair, if Bitmain had actually provided the product I paid for, I would be very much ahead.   The risk is 'doing business with Chinese based businesses that rip off non-Chinese customers with impunity'.  Clearly, that's a huge risk, but there was no other way to get the hardware.  I already have the best miner I could get on ebay for any reasonable price, and it's not good enough.

Besides, you realize you're giving 'investment advice' about Bitcoin right?  It's one big scam wrapped up in a bunch of little ones.  Bitmain will crater the whole thing.

mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:27:15 PM

And to be fair, if Bitmain had actually provided the product I paid for, I would be very much ahead.   The risk is 'doing business with Chinese based businesses that rip off non-Chinese customers with impunity'.  Clearly, that's a huge risk, but there was no other way to get the hardware.  I already have the best miner I could get on ebay for any reasonable price, and it's not good enough.

I'm puzzled how Bitmain can still be around all these years.  Despite what some here say, they are not impeccable and do not always deliver as promised.  IIRC when that happens they do compensate their buyers somehow.

Regardless, despite them following the normal Chinese manufacturing paradigm -- do the absolute bare minimum and charge as much as they think people will pay -- they are apparently better than all the rest out there.  To the point that after all these years they STILL get people to pay out the nose for used pre-orders.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:38:32 PM

I'm puzzled how Bitmain can still be around all these years.  Despite what some here say, they are not impeccable and do not always deliver as promised.  IIRC when that happens they do compensate their buyers somehow.

Regardless, despite them following the normal Chinese manufacturing paradigm -- do the absolute bare minimum and charge as much as they think people will pay -- they are apparently better than all the rest out there.  To the point that after all these years they STILL get people to pay out the nose for used pre-orders.

M

The only explanation I can think of is they have hit critical financial mass;  their cash reserves are sufficient to buy their way out of the results of their fraud.  Now they can use that money to rip off new victims, on an even larger scale.  The ASIC chips ares hard to get and Bitmain probably buys all of them they possibly can, so there will be no competition.  I have to wonder how long Canaan will exist before Bitmain simply buys them (like Spondoolies).

CryptoCrane (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 02:41:06 PM

Bitmain has jumped the shark.  Maybe they used to be a reputable company but now they're just outright crooks.  They take your money, do not ship product...

Sigh...
You must be new here. I'm far from unbiased, but your ignorance is appalling and should be addressed. I have ordered hundreds of times from Bitmain along with thousands of other people and they have never scammed me a single time. They ship on-time 99% of the time or earlier and they compensated customers the few times they had delays. They're practically the Amazon of the mining ASIC world. Their communication is certainly lacking, but they are far from crooks. You must have forgotten how many real crooks there were in 2013/2014 when 4/5 companies failed to deliver.

...and then alternate between ignoring you entirely and spamming you to buy other products from them.

I wish they would spam people about their products. Most people here complain that they don't give enough notice and then sell out nearly instantly.

You can try to buy a D3 on their site now, but they'll probably just take your money and laugh knowing you won't come to China to do anything about it..

Probably!? Why on Earth would they shoot themselves in the foot after successfully launching dozens of products before this? They became the biggest by proving their trustworthiness when others couldn't. There's no reason to suspect the D3 will be any different.

Jihan Wu and his band of thieves are terrible human beings, the absolute worst.  I hope they all die in a fire.

It's not like they have ever forced anyone to purchase their products and they have never even suggested that these devices were profitable. Sounds like you have some emotional angst towards Jihan personally. It makes you look petty and insecure. Are you sure you're not just being salty about something else? I've never met the man, but I have nothing but admiration for Jihan and what he has accomplished.

/rant

avilolo0101

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:49:19 PM

I placed an order the 24-30 November batch.
after seeing all this posts here I will think twice if I will transfer the money this week.
the diff will go to the moon and no one know how much hush power will get into the net.
maybe the d3 its to risky for me
if someone can enlighten me I will be so happy!
greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:55:34 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 03:16:50 PM by greyworld

Sigh...
You must be new here. I'm far from unbiased, but your ignorance is appalling and should be addressed. I have ordered hundreds of times from Bitmain along with thousands of other people and they have never scammed me a single time. They ship on-time 99% of the time or earlier and they compensated customers the few times they had delays.

Wow, what a surprise... the guy reselling Bitmain gear on Amazon (at ~300% markup) has nice things to say about them.  Apparently it's OK to rip off people if they haven't been posting to this forum for four years.

---------------

Lutfi Sun August 12, 2017 22:37

Please update my order: 0012017081105327

I paid immediately!

---------------

Minht Dieu Thursday at 01:56

Same for me my order number is 0012017080302059   i paid with in 12 hr of purchase  , and submitted Proof the same day and my order is still expired  i am very worried about this i try to reach out by submitting ticket and was ask to send info again i did and still no answer after 24 hr i just need an update. because it been clear by my bank for 15 days now  it is a very big investment i hope someone can help me asap.

---------------

Volk71 August 12, 2017 11:13

I have the same issue, and based on the number of similar issues by other customers I am getting increasingly nervous.

Please confirm payment receipt ASAP for Order ID:0012017081106593

---------------

cmea32 Today at 00:11

@Cristianromania, I paid nearly 6 weeks ago and still haven't had my payment confirmed, iv opened tickets stating my order id senders name, bank transfer receipt ect.. but the reply's i get (maybe once every 2-3 weeks) are stranded, generic and automated, they dont even read the content of your ticket to see that you have provided the information to your order so it can be confirmed. I have also been in contact with my back and they confirmed that the wire to BItmain was successful, and that my money is now in Bimain's bank account, but what good is that when Bitmain wont confirm payment of your order. I feel the same as you, im not sure what to do now as well. This has caused a lot of stress.

---------------

Rene J August 12, 2017 03:54

Order ID:0012017081109756
- is pay as well no confirmation and also my order is listed under expired  and unpaid on the website.
Please update my order status.

Transaction ID:
https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/1abc2a880e9a2abc936567bb7c80bcebee0c9552ae6183dfdab37963f80033d5/

---------------

Kristina August 11, 2017 04:01

Hi, my order id: 0012017081101920

its paid but no confirmation and looks expired

---------------

Folokei August 11, 2017 04:07

Order ID:0012017081107588

TXID for payment:1.31310467BTC sent
TXID: 8446fb2603027ab0646b5716248dbaa354d66fa8787bae14c21e64a3d38be7a1

PLZ CONFIRM

---------------

SAID YACOUTI August 11, 2017 06:00

Hi, my order ID: 0012017081103828
its paid but no confirmation and looks expired
please update my order
Thank you.

----------------

And it just goes on and on like that for hundreds of customers over the last two months.

https://bitmainhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/221001967

https://bitmainhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000090354

CryptoCrane (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 03:04:32 PM

Misunderstanding...

Bitmain always takes a long time to confirm payments. Their payment confirmation system does not seem to be automated. The "expired" and "invalid" messages are not relevant. This is a communication issue, not a reliability issue. What you're observing is a bunch of first time buyers who haven't dealt with this before. Those who have purchased before know that Bitmain eventually corrects the order form - usually 2-3 days later. This obviously needs improvement and freaks a lot of people out, but does not make Bitmain a bad company.

greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:12:08 PM

Misunderstanding...

Bitmain always takes a long time to confirm payments. Their payment confirmation system does not seem to be automated. The "expired" and "invalid" messages are not relevant. This is a communication issue, not a reliability issue. What you're observing is a bunch of first time buyers who haven't dealt with this before. Those who have purchased before know that Bitmain eventually corrects the order form - usually 2-3 days later. This obviously needs improvement and freaks a lot of people out, but does not make Bitmain a bad company.

My personal experience is the same as numerous others of the ones I pasted.  Six weeks later, nothing from Bitmain.  They won't even mark my order as Paid despite telling me (weeks ago) in a support message that they definitely did get my money.  Maybe they used to be a reputable company, but those days are gone.

Not to mention how many of their products arrive broken.  And then when they tell you to ship them back, they say 'don't declare the value over $45', and when they receive the broken product, they say it broke in shipment, can not be repaired, and will be destroyed.

SCAMMERS.

Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:15:10 PM

I can't believe I am going to post a reply to this and actually DEFEND the mining monopoly company... But here it goes.

I have had probably more than my share of issues with Bitmain.  Problems with orders, problems with failing hardware, problems with getting stuff fixed, problems communicating with them.  I know, you are like WTF, you said you were going to DEFEND them... Just a second, I am getting there...

So far in my interactions with Bitmain I can say that even with all of the issues I have had I cannot say that at any point have I personally felt like I was being scammed, ripped off, or lied to.  Most of the issues I have had with Bitmain I could largely chalk up as a company that has grown so fast and so large that they can't keep up.

Most of the problems I have had I can put into categories:
1. Inadequate web site to deal with massive spikes due to high interest.
2. Inadequate ordering system that does not have a way to automatically process the orders, update the status, and is up to date. The process for the most part is manual.
3. Support process for the ticket system really needs dramatic improvement.  The current system/method has people creating support issue tickets and not an easy way to manage the tickets so we create more tickets which then drowns Bitmain support with a bunch of duplicate tickets and issues that may get lost in the noise.
4. Hardware support pipeline for processing hardware repairs is really a mess.  The way that hardware is sent back, the receiving end of Bitmain does not appear able to keep up with the hardware returned for work and things get lost, sit there for long periods of time, status does not get updated, and turn around times are quite lengthy and prone to errors.

I feel most of these issues are due to Bitmains success.  The growth of the company is insane and they are struggling to keep up.  Mistakes get made, problems do exist.  They do need to improve on every level.  But given the huge strain this growth is having on the company I am frankly surprised they function as well as they do.  

Problems eventually will get worked out.  You may have to push them constantly to get something done, but so far my issues are gradually being worked.  It can be very stressful from the consumer side of things because time is money in crypto and the time lost due to these problems is really hard at times.  So I feel the pain of the person posting the problems with Bitmain.  

I would encourage you to keep working your issue with Bitmain.  Keep following up, find a path that will get you made whole.  Do I think Bitmain is evil?  No, but I do think they have a monopoly position today because they are very good at what they do... Not great, but obviously better than the competition or they wouldn't have this power.  

Are orders going to fall through the cracks? Equipment going to get lost? Tickets going to go unanswered?  Sadly yes because of the things I outlined above.  These are not deliberate attempts to steal your money, but clearly problems with a company trying to keep up.  

Overall even with all the issues I have had I can say that Bitmain eventually has worked through them.  It has been hard, and I won't pull any punches about it.  I have struggled to get problems resolved with them.  But I will say that I don't think the accusations of fraud, theft, and scams are on point here at all.  Keep working your issue with Bitmain, keep looking for a way to find the right person who will grab your issue and make it right for you.  There are good people there interested in helping.  You just need to find that person.  Corporate policies and rules sometimes tie their hands from being able to help, but for the most part if you are persistent you will get your issues resolved.

I am sorry to hear this has happened to you if you are having issues with Bitmain.  You may have to work hard to get your issue resolved once something has fallen through a crack at Bitmain, but you can get it fixed if you work it.  

greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:28:10 PM

Overall even with all the issues I have had I can say that Bitmain eventually has worked through them.  It has been hard, and I won't pull any punches about it.  I have struggled to get problems resolved with them.  But I will say that I don't think the accusations of fraud, theft, and scams are on point here at all.  Keep working your issue with Bitmain, keep looking for a way to find the right person who will grab your issue and make it right for you.  There are good people there interested in helping.  You just need to find that person.  Corporate policies and rules sometimes tie their hands from being able to help, but for the most part if you are persistent you will get your issues resolved.

I am sorry to hear this has happened to you if you are having issues with Bitmain.  You may have to work hard to get your issue resolved once something has fallen through a crack at Bitmain, but you can get it fixed if you work it.  

There is no direct contact option on Bitmain's website.  You say 'find the right person'... how!?  The only way to contact them is file a support request or flame Wu's twitter.  That's it.  If you can make international calls and happen to speak Chinese, I guess you could call them, but I can't, I don't, and from what I hear it's another dead end anyways.

As for 'following up with them', that's what I've tried.  And for the first month, I was very patient, I didn't file a lot of spurious support requests I just stated my situation and waited for a response.  And waited, and waited.  And when the response came, it was a copy and paste generic stall tactic that did nothing to actually answer my question, in fact it asked for information I had already provided on the very thread they were responding too but clearly didn't bother to actually read.  Then they changed the title of my support request to something totally unrelated, marked it solved, and left.

Frankly, I don't care that they grew faster than they could cope with.  Wu has so much money he could ski down a giant pile of it.  HIRE MORE PEOPLE.  They don't give a crap about my problems, why should I cut them slack for being so huge that they can't see over all the giant piles of money?

manav24

Activity: 122
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:34:47 PM

Hearing all this I am anxious now as one of my order paid through bank transfer stuck since 26th July,
I have sent all information requested by them multiple times but they never responded same ticket again so have to open multiple tickets but
no resolution so far.

Bitrated user: manav24.
greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:38:30 PM

If you placed your order on Bitmain and you have proof of payment, then no worries  - you will get your miner and will profit many times more.

Name:    craft_mine
Activity:    1
Position:    Newbie
Date Registered:    Today at 04:35:14 AM
Last Active:    Today at 05:16:01 AM

Also, watch out for Bitmain employees paid to post on this forum and elsewhere talking about how trustworthy they are.  

greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:43:35 PM

Hearing all this I am anxious now as one of my order paid through bank transfer stuck since 26th July,
I have sent all information requested by them multiple times but they never responded same ticket again so have to open multiple tickets but
no resolution so far.

Here is where you can file a report in Hong Kong for cyber-crimes:

https://secure1.info.gov.hk/police/eforms/report_cyber_crime_en.php

Here is where you can initiate a small claims lawsuit against Bitmain:

http://www.judiciary.hk/en/crt_services/pphlt/html/sc.htm

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: