Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:07:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299604 times)
greyworld

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:16:22 AM

guys I have opened ticket 5 days ago on their support but I still don't get any response... Any idea how I can push this issue? I want to send the missing amount to be order marked as Paid finally...

I'm at 7 weeks now.

'¸ __ ¸*ˆ * ·¸ ____ ¸*ˆ*· ¸ ______________________ ¸ ·*ˆ*¸ ____ ¸· * ˆ*¸ __ ¸'
. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ `·.,¸¸,' ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ',¸¸,.·´ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoCrane (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 11:51:18 AM

guys I have opened ticket 5 days ago on their support but I still don't get any response... Any idea how I can push this issue? I want to send the missing amount to be order marked as Paid finally...

I'm at 7 weeks now.

I was curious about the status on one of my orders last night and decided to call Bitmain's hotline (+86-400-890-8855). I chose option 2 for English and then waited for the automated recording that was telling me something about how I should submit a support ticket online. Then it started giving me more options. I selected 1 for Sales. I was immediately greeted in Chinese by a woman and I asked if she spoke English - which she did. I have her my order number and she was able to confirm that everything was good and preparing for shipping.

If you guys want faster help, please give this method a try.

sublimeguy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:28:34 PM

I'm convinced the people here "worrying" about difficulty levels rising and "suggesting" people do anything OTHER than order a D3 are just fudding and in reality want all the D3's for themselves. Right now, these units have a 9 day ROI. even if earnings drop 4x you're still looking at ROI under 1 single month. Yes customs and bitmain website and order process are huge pains in the ass, but if you can get through it you're gonna do very well. don't listen to the people crowing about difficulty. When difficulty goes up, generally the value of the underlying coin goes up - JUST LIKE DASH IS EXPERIENCING RIGHT NOW. even though difficulty goes up, profitability does not proportionally decline.

anyway i got 14.

by the way, if you're serious about mining, you need to check out the gigawatt white paper and the WTT token.
digital$

Activity: 287
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:47:49 PM

I'm at 7 weeks now.

I was curious about the status on one of my orders last night and decided to call Bitmain's hotline (+86-400-890-8855). I chose option 2 for English and then waited for the automated recording that was telling me something about how I should submit a support ticket online. Then it started giving me more options. I selected 1 for Sales. I was immediately greeted in Chinese by a woman and I asked if she spoke English - which she did. I have her my order number and she was able to confirm that everything was good and preparing for shipping.

If you guys want faster help, please give this method a try.

Thank you CryptoCrane....that is a big help.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:55:40 PM

I'm convinced the people here "worrying" about difficulty levels rising and "suggesting" people do anything OTHER than order a D3 are just fudding and in reality want all the D3's for themselves. Right now, these units have a 9 day ROI. even if earnings drop 4x you're still looking at ROI under 1 single month. Yes customs and bitmain website and order process are huge pains in the ass, but if you can get through it you're gonna do very well. don't listen to the people crowing about difficulty. When difficulty goes up, generally the value of the underlying coin goes up - JUST LIKE DASH IS EXPERIENCING RIGHT NOW. even though difficulty goes up, profitability does not proportionally decline.

anyway i got 14.

by the way, if you're serious about mining, you need to check out the gigawatt white paper and the WTT token.

Your right everyone who mines X11 right now watching profits crash are just imagining it.  Roll Eyes And Gigawatt is a ponzi scheme... Buy and mine yourself, or find a reputable hosting site you can trust. 
sublimeguy

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:00:52 PM

anyway i got 14.

Your right everyone who mines X11 right now watching profits crash are just imagining it.  Roll Eyes And Gigawatt is a ponzi scheme... Buy and mine yourself, or find a reputable hosting site you can trust. 

Not sure what you're talking about. Everyone who mines x11 right now are watching profits crash because they don't have sufficient hashing power. and gigawatt isn't a ponzi scheme. why do you think that? they're a fully audited project. I have my miners there now and I pay 3.3c/kwh for electricity.
Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:14:44 PM

anyway i got 14.

Not sure what you're talking about. Everyone who mines x11 right now are watching profits crash because they don't have sufficient hashing power. and gigawatt isn't a ponzi scheme. why do you think that? they're a fully audited project. I have my miners there now and I pay 3.3c/kwh for electricity.

Can you set the pool? Can you log into the controls checking the chips and temp?  If you can't do that, its not your miner its theirs....

I also believe GIGA is a ponzi and not a very good one. When i contacted them over and over again regarding legal questions and operations they were not once able to provide answers that could hold up in any legal situation.

If they cant tell you the difference between US citizen customers and non citizen customers and how that will affect the legal situation and their responsibilities you can't call them a serious business venture.

And I highly doubt they got audited by any legal entity

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
digital$

Activity: 287
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:20:35 PM

yep...looks likes Bitmain has them marked as "scam" as well....according to their official blog news
greyworld

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:21:11 PM

anyway i got 14.

I'd say that yes, generally diff increase and price increase go hand in hand.  But if you look at Dash value chart next to Dash diff chart... that does not appear to be the case here, the ratios are not the same, they're very different.  I think anyone expecting Dash to go up 5x-10x in value  just because diff went up 5x-10x over the next few months is going to be in for a nasty surprise.  It'll go up, but not as much as diff.

May 24, 2017
Dash Difficulty = 154k
Dash Value (USD) = $142

Aug 22, 2017
Dash Difficult = 1128k (730% of May 24 level)
Dash Value (USD) = $290 (204% of May 24 price)

Value does not go up as fast as difficulty.

Maybe you get more Dash when diff goes up per mined block?  I don't know.  But if the block reward stays consistent, and the gains have to be made by appreciation, what I'm seeing says Dash value will not go up anywhere near as much as Dash diff.

I wish everyone the best of luck with their D3's and similar next-gen Dash miners... but I think it's not going to be as amazing as people think.  Better be ready to hold that Dash a while.

. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
sublimeguy

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:30:52 PM

anyway i got 14.

Can you set the pool? Can you log into the controls checking the chips and temp?  If you can't do that, its not your miner its theirs....

I also believe GIGA is a ponzi and not a very good one. When i contacted them over and over again regarding legal questions and operations they were not once able to provide answers that could hold up in any legal situation.

If they cant tell you the difference between US citizen customers and non citizen customers and how that will affect the legal situation and their responsibilities you can't call them a serious business venture.

They have a limited number of pools to choose from. yes you can log into the controls to check the chips temp etc and watch the hashing. your questions "regarding legal questions and operations they were not once able to provide answers that could hold up in any legal situation" is about as clear as mud. What legal questions? can you elaborate? A company / project is not automatically a ponzi scheme just because they dont answer your questions to your satisfaction. i believe the project is restricted to US citizens - is that what you mean?

anyway my electricity at home is 24c/kwh and at gigawatt it's 3.3, which includes on-site maintenance of the miners if you need it. at 3.3c vs. 24c its about 4 months before the WTT tokens pay for themselves in electrical savings alone. I have an account manager I can call or email and he's always accessible and responsive and knowledgeable. Of all the "schemes" out there in the crypto world, this is not one of them.

did you read their white paper? it's one of the better ones out there. They're repped by Perkins Coie which is a major international law firm.

But whatever if you think its a ponzi scheme (for whatever reason) then by all means, stay away. I'll keep happily mining there.
greyworld

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:33:36 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2017, 07:49:37 PM by greyworld

yep...looks likes Bitmain has them marked as "scam" as well....according to their official blog news

Lol @ Bitmain calling other people a scam.

Not that I care about Gigawatt, at all (no opinion), but the blog post you're talking about, afaik, refers to the illegal and unlicensed use of Bitmain's logo and "reputation".  That's not really the same thing as calling Gigawatt a scam.

That said, it's very possible Gigawatt is a scam.  I'm not trying to defend them, just point out the difference between what you're implying and what Bitmain is actually upset about.

CryptoCrane (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 07:42:11 PM

anyway i got 14.

I'd say that yes, generally diff increase and price increase go hand in hand.  But if you look at Dash value chart next to Dash diff chart... that does not appear to be the case here, the ratios are not the same, they're very different.  I think anyone expecting Dash to go up 5x-10x in value  just because diff went up 5x-10x over the next few months is going to be in for a nasty surprise.  It'll go up, but not as much as diff.

May 24, 2017
Dash Difficulty = 154k
Dash Value (USD) = $142

Aug 22, 2017

Maybe you get more Dash when diff goes up per mined block?  I don't know.  But if the block reward stays consistent, and the gains have to be made by appreciation, what I'm seeing says Dash value will not go up anywhere near as much as Dash diff.

I wish everyone the best of luck with their D3's and similar next-gen Dash miners... but I think it's not going to be as amazing as people think.  Better be ready to hold that Dash a while.

Correlation does not imply causation. In this case, you're reversing the causation. Difficulty chases profitability (price), not the other way around. Whenever I hear someone say they think the price will go up because the difficulty is going up, it makes me wonder if they also believe that windmills create wind. After all, the faster windmills spin, the faster the wind seems to get.  Wink

It seems more likely that the recent price increase is linked to the 40,000+ people who didn't know much about Dash and started researching while contemplating a D3 purchase - only to realize that there's quite a bit of potential for this coin. I know that happened to me and I purchased some Dash in response. There are tens of thousands of people who probably never heard of Dash that suddenly saw a new product from Bitmain and started looking into it.

horsecoinchina

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:46:25 PM

This monster increases the complexity of mining several times.
greyworld

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:47:47 PM

Correlation does not imply causation. In this case, you're reversing the causation. Difficulty chases profitability (price), not the other way around. Whenever I hear someone say they think the price will go up because the difficulty is going up, it makes me wonder if they also believe that windmills create wind. After all, the faster windmills spin, the faster the wind seems to get  Wink.

Explain please.  AFAIK, Difficulty is the collective total of all miners on the Dash network at any given time (a projected 2 year average of this amount, if I understand correctly).  If that's the case, Difficulty does not chase profitability, unless you mean that un-profitable D3's will simply be unplugged and collect dust.

sublimeguy

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:51:01 PM

anyway i got 14.

May 24, 2017
Dash Difficulty = 154k
Dash Value (USD) = $142

Aug 22, 2017

Correlation does not imply causation. In this case, you're reversing the causation. Difficulty chases profitability (price), not the other way around. Whenever I hear someone say they think the price will go up because the difficulty is going up, it makes me wonder if they also believe that windmills create wind. After all, the faster windmills spin, the faster the wind seems to get.  Wink

It seems more likely that the recent price increase is linked to the 40,000+ people who didn't know much about Dash and started researching while contemplating a D3 purchase - only to realize that there's quite a bit of potential for this coin. I know that happened to me and I purchased some Dash in response. There are tens of thousands of people who probably never heard of Dash that suddenly saw a new product from Bitmain and started looking into it.

i get what you're saying, but using your analogy - if it became much more expensive/difficult for the windmills to create wind energy, then it seems natural that the wind energy would then become more expensive. If it's more expensive to produce a product, then it seems the product would become more expensive to purchase. whatcha think?
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:53:18 PM

anyway i got 14.

You just described the effect of diff increase on todays miners "exactly right".  Now multiply that by the massive numbers that Bitmain just sold in this last batch and do the math.  Everyone on a daily basis is going to witness exactly what those of us already mining X11 have been witnessing first hand.  

Yet somehow these new miners will defy "diff" or "gravity" is really misguided.   I love the posts where I see people:  "You people don't know what your talking about, we are going to be making $160 a day! I just can't see it falling as much as you say...  You people are fear mongering!".  And I would say to you that your numbers all depend on when you received or will receive your miners.  

Let's just see where the earning will be by the time the November batch 2 Bitmain D3's ship and let's compare what all the calculators say today with what these will earn at ship date, and then let's fast forward 30 days to the later part of December and let's compare the numbers...

The only way we will see this outcome change is if we see Dash take off to the moon.  If that is the case that Dash is going for a moon shot then there is zero FUD in telling people to buy and hold Dash.  It may make more sense to invest in Dash than it is to buy more X11 miners in these later batches until we see where we are at the end of the year.  If you were lucky enough to get in on the first batch orders of the big boy X11 miners then congrats!  You will do well.  For those who still haven't bought X11 miners you may want to consider putting your money in Dash because mining X11 may be tough if Dash does not have the expected increase in value.  

For those that weren't so lucky to get early batch miners and have been buying these later batches we are going to be working for our ROI. How long we will be grinding it out will depend on what the Dash price does.    

Everyone should put it on the record here now what they think they will be earning by the end of the year with the D3's.  That would be interesting to see who is closest to the real numbers.

Look up the definition of ponzi scheme and I wish you the best of luck with Giga...
sublimeguy

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:05:20 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2017, 08:23:26 PM by sublimeguy

anyway i got 14.

Your right everyone who mines X11 right now watching profits crash are just imagining it.  Roll Eyes And Gigawatt is a ponzi scheme... Buy and mine yourself, or find a reputable hosting site you can trust.  

You just described the effect of diff increase on todays miners "exactly right".  Now multiply that by the massive numbers that Bitmain just sold in this last batch and do the math.  Everyone on a daily basis is going to witness exactly what those of us already mining X11 have been witnessing first hand.  

Yet somehow these new miners will defy "diff" or "gravity" is really misguided.   I love the posts where I see people:  "You people don't know what your talking about, we are going to be making $160 a day! I just can't see it falling as much as you say...  You people are fear mongering!".  And I would say to you that your numbers all depend on when you received or will receive your miners.  

Let's just see where the earning will be by the time the November batch 2 Bitmain D3's ship and let's compare what all the calculators say today with what these will earn at ship date, and then let's fast forward 30 days to the later part of December and let's compare the numbers...

The only way we will see this outcome change is if we see Dash take off to the moon.  If that is the case that Dash is going for a moon shot then there is zero FUD in telling people to buy and hold Dash.  It may make more sense to invest in Dash than it is to buy more X11 miners in these later batches until we see where we are at the end of the year.  If you were lucky enough to get in on the first batch orders of the big boy X11 miners then congrats!  You will do well.  For those who still haven't bought X11 miners you may want to consider putting your money in Dash because mining X11 may be tough if Dash does not have the expected increase in value.  

For those that weren't so lucky to get early batch miners and have been buying these later batches we are going to be working for our ROI. How long we will be grinding it out will depend on what the Dash price does.    

Everyone should put it on the record here now what they think they will be earning by the end of the year with the D3's.  That would be interesting to see who is closest to the real numbers.

Look up the definition of ponzi scheme and I wish you the best of luck with Giga...

I agree with you about the D3s. Nobody should expect what the calculators currently show. But I do expect them to pay for themselves in less than 6 months, which in the real world is an awesome ROI - maybe about 10%-20% of what the calc's currently show - which is still extremely profitable.

I know what a ponzi scheme is, but what i haven't seen is anyone actually describe WHY gigawatt is a ponzi scheme. They just call it that without any actual evidence. "It's a ponzi Scheme!" ok why? "Because it's a ponzi scheme!"

cool argument!
greyworld

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:09:32 PM

I think December will start around $12 a day and end closer to $8.

There should be some sort of prize for the closest guess.  Free lapdance or something.

Marvell1
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1102

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:12:25 PM

anyway i got 14.

all cloud mining is shady idgaf how the repackage or slice it , gigawatt deleted my posts on facebook and blocked me
when i asked legitimate questions and tried to explain to the layman how cloud mining in general is bad for decentralization and the small miner

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
bearsworth

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:12:25 PM

Even taking into account difficulty increase, there is still much money to be made. I think people are expecting too much to think a miner pays itself off in two weeks or less. Even a 4 month ROI is great.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: