Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:58:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 [847] 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:41:57 AM

Fascinating. Andreas Brekken just stated on livestream that the ABC team reached out some time ago to all exchanges, and pushed out a patch that invalidates deep reorgs. Further, that all exchanges will be implementing another patch that includes what he termed a centralized checkpoint. The net result of all this, if true, is that SV will be unable to reorg the ABC chain out of existence. No matter what the relative hashpower may be.

There had previously been a shared assumption that SV forces had dedicated a large chunk of hash power to mining a parallel secret chain of empty ABC blocks. One that they would later -- at a time of maximum disruption -- release this chain. This secretly mined empty block SV-ABC chain, being longer than the ABC-ABC chain, which would invalidate the ABC-ABC chain. This would have invalidated all the previous 'settled' ABC txs.

Assuming that ABC indeed has all the exchanges lined up, this attack is largely nullified.

The ABC-ers seem to celebrating what they are terming a win. I don't understand this, unless their concept of 'win' is 'unable to be reorged out of existence'. Certainly, this does not preclude SV existing into the future, or even still to become the preponderance of economic activity.

And I was so looking forward to seeing an actual hash war.

Though the future will still be quite fascinating regardless. I've not seen what SV's response will be.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zin-Zang

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

Killing Lightning Network with a 51% Ignore attack

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:54:45 AM

Fascinating. Andreas Brekken just stated on livestream that the ABC team reached out some time ago to all exchanges, and pushed out a patch that invalidates deep reorgs. Further, that all exchanges will be implementing another patch that includes what he termed a centralized checkpoint. The net result of all this, if true, is that SV will be unable to reorg the ABC chain out of existence. No matter what the relative hashpower may be.

There had previously been a shared assumption that SV forces had dedicated a large chunk of hash power to mining a parallel secret chain of empty ABC blocks. One that they would later -- at a time of maximum disruption -- release this chain. This secretly mined empty block SV-ABC chain, being longer than the ABC-ABC chain, which would invalidate the ABC-ABC chain. This would have invalidated all the previous 'settled' ABC txs.

Assuming that ABC indeed has all the exchanges lined up, this attack is largely nullified.

The ABC-ers seem to celebrating what they are terming a win. I don't understand this, unless their concept of 'win' is 'unable to be reorged out of existence'. Certainly, this does not preclude SV existing into the future, or even still to become the preponderance of economic activity.

Though the future will still be quite fascinating regardless. I've not seen what SV's response will be.

So they just released a coded checkpoint in a program update or activated a checkpoint server?

Do you have any link with more details, about how deep of a reorg is allowed?

Did they release the new program to the public or just the exchanges?

TIA.  Smiley

I was Red Tagged because Lauda Blows Theymos to get back on DT
The rest are just lauda's personal butt monkeys=> Hhampuz , Vod, TMAN , achow101
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:04:45 AM

So they just released a coded checkpoint in a program update or activated a checkpoint server?

Do you have any link with more details, about how deep of a reorg is allowed?

Did they release the new program to the public or just the exchanges?

TIA.  Smiley

Sorry. I have no corroborating info. This is heresay rendered verbally in a livestream conversation amongst a number of bitcoin figures both known and unknown.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
presduterte

Activity: 222
Merit: 58

They call me Rad Rody.

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:00:36 AM

Your fork is currently 40 blocks behind ABC. Doesn't matter how you were defeated, fact is, you were defeated. The polite thing to do would be to throw in the towel and admit defeat. Though I'm certain this is an impossibility for you.
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:05:57 AM

The forking has driven the price of BCH into  a high percentage loss and coupled that with hacking attempt . I guess I will wait a longer time to make a purchase after it stabilize.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
presduterte

They call me Rad Rody.

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:23:54 AM

tirthraj
Copper Member

Activity: 447
Merit: 2

www.bitcoinformula.in | BTC Script

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 05:53:55 AM

BCH hardfork has done . Good news  along with I received same amount of BCHSV coin and  I think it was positive fork.

el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:53:57 AM

Your fork is currently 40 blocks behind ABC. Doesn't matter how you were defeated, fact is, you were defeated. The polite thing to do would be to throw in the towel and admit defeat. Though I'm certain this is an impossibility for you.

Why is SV behind so much? Shouldn't the difficult adjust every block on both chains independently?
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:16:41 AM

Haha. Do you think I am SV? That's rich.

sharpshot

Activity: 250
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:21:40 AM

Why is SV behind so much? Shouldn't the difficult adjust every block on both chains independently?
One theory I heard was that ABC were using a lot of hash power for very brief times, to prevent the difficulty adjusting too much.  I have no idea if that makes any sense, just something I heard.  I think both coins are in serious trouble because most people wont trust either of them now.  CSW could be a joke but just the threats will put people off ABC.  I think most people wouldn't want to buy SV because CSW is involved.  Its a shame, the big block experiment is interesting but the behavior of Ver and CSW is just too childish.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 07:23:01 AM

Ed is right - but hard to transport

https://youtu.be/6n6VxLjSCAI

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:31:14 AM

What you have seen/are seeing is exactly a hash war. What else were you expecting? 51% attacks on the other chain? Reorg chaos? Well, that is what Wright was threatening with... and it hasn't happened yet. So yeah, I guess it is a win for ABC (which said nothing about attacking/killing SV). There is still some minor probability for a surprise but I wouldn't count on it.

Maybe when Calvin folds and separate ways with Wright everything will be more clear?

I will state this one more time: Contentious forks are BAD in every sense.

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
presduterte

They call me Rad Rody.

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:25:56 AM

Nothing special. Just Satoshi Nakamoto casually forecasting what a stupid idea Bcash would be in 2010...

https://old.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/9xgtua/nothing_special_just_satoshi_nakamoto_casually/

Quote from Satoshi : "If the second version screwed up, the user experience would reflect badly on both, although it would at least reinforce to users the importance of staying with the official version. If someone was getting ready to fork a second version, I would have to air a lot of disclaimers about the risks of using a minority version. This is a design where the majority version wins if there's any disagreement, and that can be pretty ugly for the minority version[...]."

Ouch. This pretty much dissolves any last remaining possible universe where CSW is Satoshi. I never believed he was but its hard to imagine people who have enough money to tomfool around with Bcash forks still do. Its like, how do you accrue that much money if you are that dimwitted?

Haha. Do you think I am SV? That's rich.

You've done nothing but shill for CSW so hard that if you weren't him, you're his biggest fan, so its a logical assumption.
Davidbike1

Activity: 135
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:32:33 AM

SV is 75% hashpower. Do you think is it manipulation or true power?

Explain how hash power can be 'manipulated'?

Yeah I could see that if one turns off some or all of their mining power then the other may prevail.  I was just thinking that the team that loses could just move into another altcoin, and those who invested in bch before the split will get both coins
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:23:29 AM

Guys sv just died, no split, no sv coin..no hash  Shocked
If you have any sv futures best try sell them asap,while you can.
 Smiley

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:30:22 AM

sv pool is gone aswell now, no one is mining sv..0
coingeek and sv have left.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Retaliator

Activity: 298
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:33:36 AM

Shit Vision and Also Bull Crap - two scamforks instead of one, so what's the difference?
AlloM

Activity: 798
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:38:37 AM

Shit Vision and Also Bull Crap - two scamforks instead of one, so what's the difference?

Both are scam this has been exposed none of them have any comparison with original BTC. I think this is good for old and most loved coin which is already leading the whole ecosystem now it will rise with more power.
presduterte

They call me Rad Rody.

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:45:45 AM

Its price has still gone up about 20% in the last few hours... don't really understand why though

http://hashwars.cash/
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:47:15 AM

Its price has still gone up about 20% in the last few hours... don't really understand why though

http://hashwars.cash/
whale sv bagholders trying to dump high to noobs while they still can lol

Pages: « 1 ... 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 [847] 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: