Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:56:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 [851] 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:04:48 PM

ABC has just mined a 19.8MB block (BTC.COM).

The hashrate of both ABC and SV has been dropping for the past hours, with ABC now under the peak hashrate of SV (but still above SV currently).

If SV is really going to try a reorg attack on ABC this could be a good moment. It will probably be pointless and easily recovered... but enjoyable anyways.

I have to recognise that this experiment in both contentious fork war and on-chain scaling is very interesting and some good empirical knowledge might come out of it and be of benefit for Bitcoin in the future.

Also the concept of the selfish mining is being put to test.

Thanks Bcash for being finally really useful for SOMETHING.

SV has mined several 32 mb blocks now

But that's not news. ABC mining a 19.8MB block is.

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Icutgrass205

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

Bitcoin is today what the internet was decades ago

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:07:22 PM

The hashrate of both ABC and SV has been dropping for the past hours, with ABC now under the peak hashrate of SV (but still above SV currently).

If SV is really going to try a reorg attack on ABC this could be a good moment. It will probably be pointless and easily recovered... but enjoyable anyways.

I have to recognise that this experiment in both contentious fork war and on-chain scaling is very interesting and some good empirical knowledge might come out of it and be of benefit for Bitcoin in the future.

SV has the dominant hash rate again

Bitcoin, a peer-to-peer electronic cash system for the world. BTC tips are greatly appreciated 35BqJwcycsLDoPrBxmxuh1e4MY7bcDPvGW
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:14:29 PM

AGAIN? It has never had the dominant hashrate since the split started, that's why the ABC chain is almost 50% ahead in cumulated proof of work.

But yeah, THAT is news. Things are getting interesting Smiley

I really would like to also see some reorg attack attempts from SV to ABC. Then things would get really entertaining.

NrX

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:16:26 PM

Whoever is behind this genius move deserves award, how easily we escaped from BCH ticker. No more confusion as this has started to disappear already and in next few days there will be no BCH but ABC and SV. BCH has misguided lot of new comers those couldn't make difference in real and imposter version. Now there is only Bitcoin the real one and only BTC.
Icutgrass205

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:17:50 PM

AGAIN? It has never had the dominant hashrate since the split started, that's why the ABC chain is almost 50% ahead in cumulated proof of work.

I really would like to also see some reorg attack attempts from SV to ABC. Then things would get really entertaining.

yeah just checked a few seconds ago. I think ABC only exceeded in hashrate because roger switched all the BTC mining pool hash to BCH..Which if im not mistaken has legal implications? SV=p2p electronic cash, ABC=PoS, WHC/plasma, and shitcoins

Bitcoin, a peer-to-peer electronic cash system for the world. BTC tips are greatly appreciated 35BqJwcycsLDoPrBxmxuh1e4MY7bcDPvGW
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:24:12 PM

Whoever is behind this genius move deserves award, how easily we escaped from BCH ticker. No more confusion as this has started to disappear already and in next few days there will be no BCH but ABC and SV. BCH has misguided lot of new comers those couldn't make difference in real and imposter version. Now there is only Bitcoin the real one and only BTC.

Perhaps a Darwin award. Cheesy Unfortunately, I think only people who actual harm or kill themselves qualify. I don't think harming/ killing an electronic coin qualifies.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:32:09 PM
Merited by bones261 (1)

yeah just checked a few seconds ago. I think ABC only exceeded in hashrate because roger switched all the BTC mining pool hash to BCH..Which if im not mistaken has legal implications? SV=p2p electronic cash, ABC=PoS, WHC/plasma, and shitcoins

I am not a fan or Ver either, but I don't think it has any "legal implications". He runs a pool, according to the TOS he can redirect the hashrate at will, the users of the pool are being paid in BTC anyways (out of his own pocket) and he even clearly stated in advance his intention to do so. No case there.

On the other hand it is probably the SV side is also running rented hashpower on top of their own.

So we have both sides burning money each day.... but my bet is ABC will win as expected. BITMAIN has much more on stake here.

Also probably both will LOSE (in terms of short term loses and ticker price) the more the longest this ridiculous "war" goes on without one of the sides folding or coming to an agreement.

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:39:15 PM

I am not a fan or Ver either, but I don't think it has any "legal implications". He runs a pool, according to the TOS he can redirect the hashrate at will, the users of the pool are being paid in BTC anyways (out of his own pocket) and he even clearly stated in advance his intention to do so. No case there.

On the other hand it is probably the SV side is also running rented hashpower on top of their own.

So we have both sides burning money each day.... but my bet is ABC will win as expected. BITMAIN has much more on stake here.

Also probably both will LOSE (in terms of short term loses and ticker price) the more the longest this ridiculous "war" goes on without one of the sides folding or coming to an agreement.

Too bad that I don't have a newer ASIC to help Ver redistribute his BTC wealth my way.  Cheesy I suppose that I could rent hash, but I'm not going to dump my precious BTC to weigh in on this mess.  Cheesy
Icutgrass205

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:44:00 PM

Too bad that I don't have a newer ASIC to help Ver redistribute his BTC wealth my way.  Cheesy I suppose that I could rent hash, but I'm not going to dump my precious BTC to weigh in on this mess.  Cheesy

There is a good alternative..just dump it into my pockets <3

Ryuuma

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:22:18 PM

The N26 is a mobile-based banking service allowing its users to buy and sell cryptocurrency, among other things. This is good progress of addoption bitcoin cash on the real life.

bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:30:17 PM

Too bad that I don't have a newer ASIC to help Ver redistribute his BTC wealth my way.  Cheesy I suppose that I could rent hash, but I'm not going to dump my precious BTC to weigh in on this mess.  Cheesy

The thing is... as much as I dislike Ver, Wright has made him the "good" one. Almost funny.

After showing their way higher hashrate Ver/WU are now signaling SV camp that they can both now lower their hashrates to reduce losses and more harm but Wright, being the insane egomaniacal guy he is, will probably interpret that as a signal of weakness and try to step up the game.

It is Wright who said he wouldn't accept other chain to survive and will commit every resource to kill it even for months/years. He has already lost the hashwar, now let's see if he go on guerrilla war and commit his threats of attacking the ABC chain... Something which could have clear legal implications btw.

Currently both chains are at 50% hashrate. WU/Ver are waiting for Wright/Ayre to step down before going lower themselves. The ball is on SV camp now.

bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:33:40 PM

The N26 is a mobile-based banking service allowing its users to buy and sell cryptocurrency, among other things. This is good progress of addoption bitcoin cash on the real life.

Your post history gave me aids!

We are discussing serious things here. Go away fucking shitposter!

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:37:47 PM

Ultimately this is your primary motivation isn't it?
Icutgrass205

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:11:44 PM

Ultimately this is your primary motivation isn't it?
nope, its p2p electronic cash for the world that can scale on chain

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:56:02 PM

You act as though the direction of BTC is set in stone and incapable of making adjustments if it becomes obvious that the current direction is going the wrong way.

It was obvious that BTC was going the wrong way last August. We fixed the problem in the manner available.

Also, I think it hilarious that the powers that be for BCH think a hash war is necessary, when Bitcoin already implemented more civil consensus mechanisms years ago.

More civil? By controlling the dialogue in all relevant channels such that alternatives could not be discussed? No thanks. Incidentally, hash war is the exact mechanism described in the white paper. I mean, I realize that Core-eans don't like Bitcoin, and think it is irreparably flawed, but at least recognize this for what it is. Governance via Nakamoto Consensus.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:02:58 PM

It is Wright who said he wouldn't accept other chain to survive and will commit every resource to kill it even for months/years. He has already lost the hashwar

From publicly available information, this is how it appears. But what makes you think that all relevant info is public?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
vozphongtom

Activity: 386
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 12:52:17 AM

Sorry maybe i will make a question that has been asked yet: if i have my bch in my trezor, after the fork i will have both of the forked coins?

https://blog.trezor.io/bitcoin-cash-november-2018-hard-fork-advisory-ee2a444f5a21
I still do not understand, you can say more clearly. I have 100 BCH in Trezor purse. After falling 3, what will I get?

if i've understood well the previous kind replies, you will have, after the fork, 100 BCH abc and 100 BCH BSV (Bitcoin Satoshi's Vision)
Anyway, too many fork in my hopinion Sad

This is part that I am not certain about, if he/she has before the fork 100 bch then after the fork would he have 100 bchabc, 100 bchsv and 100 bch or would he have just 100 bchabc and 100 bchsv and bch no longer exists.

mmmm, no, you will have "only" two coins. The original bch will become 100 bch ABC.  It's like what happened when btc forks and bch has born..

i like it , too , who keep 100 bch  will have more bch ABC or bch sv , it is so happy

but this hard fork we have only one survive , bch or bch abc exist
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:04:00 AM

It is Wright who said he wouldn't accept other chain to survive and will commit every resource to kill it even for months/years. He has already lost the hashwar

From publicly available information, this is how it appears. But what makes you think that all relevant info is public?

I work with what I have.

Maybe SV have won the hashwar and killed ABC... in secret?  Tongue

No, really, I would love to see this escalating soon because it is a great way to put to test some theories and principles of Bitcoin and verify the outcome.

Do you still think Wright/Ayre camp may have some ace up his sleeve?

To me it is all just a bunch of insane bluffing.

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:32:47 AM
Merited by bitserve (1)

Also, I think it hilarious that the powers that be for BCH think a hash war is necessary, when Bitcoin already implemented more civil consensus mechanisms years ago.

More civil? By controlling the dialogue in all relevant channels such that alternatives could not be discussed? No thanks. Incidentally, hash war is the exact mechanism described in the white paper. I mean, I realize that Core-eans don't like Bitcoin, and think it is irreparably flawed, but at least recognize this for what it is. Governance via Nakamoto Consensus.

Well, at least with the BTC way, real commerce could proceed without interruption. Are you sure Satoshi felt that if mining parties disagree, they should just go out an have a hash war and delay any safe and meaningful commerce for days or weeks?  Roll Eyes
Harkorede
Copper Member

Activity: 2058
Merit: 795

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 01:48:48 AM

It is Wright who said he wouldn't accept other chain to survive and will commit every resource to kill it even for months/years. He has already lost the hashwar, now let's see if he go on guerrilla war and commit his threats of attacking the ABC chain... Something which could have clear legal implications btw.

Is there any estimated time for the hashwar to end, or could it continue for months or for as long as both camps want to keep up with the war ?
I supposed it was meant to be like a race, where maybe the first mine a certain amounts of blocks wins ? Am I wrong ?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 ... 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 [851] 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: