Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:25:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416407 times)
Cryptofun2.0

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:10:53 AM

Interesting stuff Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Avacoin

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:49:49 PM

I'm not sure if im the only one but I have been having trouble over past 3 days buying a beginner licence.

have emailed 4 seperate times including a 5th as a trouble ticket to Haasonline.

Looking for any feedback on what might be going wrong (for me i got through order process and it sends me to bitpay area and screen goes blank).

any feedback from you guys would be great and its been fun reading up to page 28 and counting!

regards,

A.
spring.yu

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies is future

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:06:45 PM

It's a software?

I think it is a website before?

Dose it free of charge?
Bajawah

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:22:19 PM

I'm not sure if im the only one but I have been having trouble over past 3 days buying a beginner licence.

have emailed 4 seperate times including a 5th as a trouble ticket to Haasonline.

Looking for any feedback on what might be going wrong (for me i got through order process and it sends me to bitpay area and screen goes blank).

any feedback from you guys would be great and its been fun reading up to page 28 and counting!

regards,

A.

I have always gotten a response via support ticket in ~24 hours.

It's a software?

I think it is a website before?

Dose it free of charge?

Wut?
Avacoin

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:00:22 PM

All good guys, Krach offered alternative by purchasing via advancedtradebot instead.

Just waiting for order to be processed.

thanks Krach just press the gizmo that shoots out the download link and I can get cracking!  Grin

regards,

A.

Pengju

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:33:02 PM

Is it possible to let either ‘Marketing Order’ or ‘Cancel Order’ work on Cryptsy?
Limit order has very low chance to be executed in a quick downtrend. (and cancel order insurance is just not work also.)

Thanks.
Bajawah

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:41:01 PM

Is it possible to let either ‘Marketing Order’ or ‘Cancel Order’ work on Cryptsy?
Limit order has very low chance to be executed in a quick downtrend. (and cancel order insurance is just not work also.)

Thanks.

This would be great.

Trying to limit sell a stop loss is nigh impossible on Crapsy.

As a whole, per bot ( or even safety! ) toggle for market / limit ( buy/sell ) would be really really really useful!
Pengju

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:08:24 PM

the other thing make the situation worst is it seems like Haasbot not use the last price as limit order price, it tend to use a price slightly low/high than last price. This kind of strategy can generate more profit in a flat market, but just a disaster in a trend market…order never get chance to be executed
Bajawah

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:09:41 PM

the other thing make the situation worst is it seems like Haasbot not use the last price as limit order price, it tend to use a price slightly low/high than last price. This kind of strategy can generate more profit in a flat market, but just a disaster in a trend market…order never get chance to be executed

I have seen this as well. Unsure if it is due to the market moving between 1min ticks or what.
g0re79

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 05:37:06 AM

I wonder why there were hanging so many unfulfilled trades on Cryptsy, so I start to experimenting with my own (very basic java) bot and found out something strange and very annoying.
There are 3 ways how to connect to Cryptsy API. One is only for pushing realtime trading data (and probably not used by Haasbot), second is for various market and trading data, its public and don´t require API keys (and probably not used by Haasbot either, because without API keys You can´t even read prices with Haas) and third is for ordinary API access to get all possible data and to be able to trade and it requires API keys. This is most probably the one Haasbot use and suddenly worst of them - no matter how often You call API commands, last trade price is cached on server and updates once in about 15 minutes, furthermore inacurrate to actual price. Other data like open orders and recent trades are updated correctly, just this last price is somehow screwed.. Seems to me like some filthy Cryptsy game and I am curious how Haasbot is getting last price.

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
Lawk

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:17:00 AM

Hi,

I am using the trade bot since yesterday and am still looking at all the different possibilities before I activate one bot.
I'm particular interested in fast moving coins like Darkcoin and Vertcoin with a fair bit of volume.

To capitalize on fast upward moving trends; what would be a suitable indicator(s) to use and how would you configur it.
Setting RSI and Stoch on default values on these coins won't do much.
I was thinking of using percentage_price_change and MA as triggers but am strugeling to find the right settings.

Any idea's?

Ps. I am novice to this so for me it's a learning experience on signals and crypto trading in general, I am reading a lot of material on it but find it hard to come up with the right combination for the right type of coin.
Pengju

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:31:41 PM

I wonder why there were hanging so many unfulfilled trades on Cryptsy, so I start to experimenting with my own (very basic java) bot and found out something strange and very annoying.
There are 3 ways how to connect to Cryptsy API. One is only for pushing realtime trading data (and probably not used by Haasbot), second is for various market and trading data, its public and don´t require API keys (and probably not used by Haasbot either, because without API keys You can´t even read prices with Haas) and third is for ordinary API access to get all possible data and to be able to trade and it requires API keys. This is most probably the one Haasbot use and suddenly worst of them - no matter how often You call API commands, last trade price is cached on server and updates once in about 15 minutes, furthermore inacurrate to actual price. Other data like open orders and recent trades are updated correctly, just this last price is somehow screwed.. Seems to me like some filthy Cryptsy game and I am curious how Haasbot is getting last price.

Wonderful experiment, I wish I could have same kind of coding skill like you.

I observed same symptom on the <Account Value (Estimate)> on cryptsy. It always delay for around 15 minutes also.

I think that if Hassbot could add a ‘multiplier’ setting on limit order that can alleviate this problem.
We could set the ‘multiplier’ like this way:
1.)   If we want to make a safe buy/sell in trend marketing strategy, we can set (BUY: 1.01*last price;  SELL: 0.99*last price)
2.)   If we want to make a more profit buy/sell in oscillatory marketing strategy, we can set (BUY: 0.99*last price;  SELL: 1.01*last price)
3.)   If we just want make a marketing order, we can set (BUY: 1.10*last price;  SELL: 0.90*last price)

In a short word, allow us to set a ‘multiplier’ value for limit order.

I don’t know whether it is possible to have such additional setting on Haasbot, it will solve my big problem if it could have.
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449

Software developer

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 04:05:05 PM

@g0re79:
Reading prices is done using 4 different methods in a fall-over structure. If you analyse the JSON data that cryptsy returns then you will see there are more datafields that are giving back the latest price. (for example you could also use the order list data to obtain a price).

For reading prices itself we do not use the connection credentials. But i think the main reason why it looks this way is because we need to track the fee percentages. (for backtesting for example)

BTW I am open into sharing details about the cryptsy api driver if needed.

@Lawk:
The market movement it very low atm. I am testing arbitrage here and thats almost a full stand still due no market movements. :|

@Pengju:
I will have a look if i can make those suggestions work. But i can not promise to make it inside the current big update because the list is full already.

@All:
I have a little sneak peak preview on the Classic interface, the coming Dashboard. It shows a little how we are gonna integrate the arbitrage-bots inside the software. (more details will follow about this)

This is not very interesting of course, but i wanted to show we are implementing both the login for the software (the web login looks different) as the support for more languages (then my terrible english) This shows a Dutch language which will be directly available on version 1.0. More languages will follow in later updates.

And... i totally forgotten to share some detail on the new DEMA and TEMA trade indicators inside version 0.9.9.8.

Both the DEMA and TEMA can be compared to the MACD trade indicator. But the difference is then DEMA uses 1 correction to get close to the prices. Aka respond faster. DEMA does the same, but is uses a double correction to get closer. Aka even a faster responce.

DEMA and TEMA are designed to improve the trade signls of the MACD trade indicator. So if you using this one and you want to buy or sell a little sooner then i can advice to have a look at these ones. (of course when the prices are moving again, which is not at this moment)

I have been told DEMA is highly discussed in some current trading topics. Wink

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
Lawk

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:16:52 PM

@ Stephan224; what do you mean with "it's not moving"? Only today Darkcoin has doubled in Volume AND in Value. http://coinmarketcap.com/drk_7.html
The trading volume is now second to only bitcoin... it passed even litecoin. It's probably a bubble but I was just wondering what the right indicator would be for these kind movements.

For instance, I anticipated on both movements for Vertcoin and Darkcoin but I do not know how to capitalize on them using the bot. When looking at this morning (CET) and looking at VTC, what indicator would have best suited it's movement? I know this is advice in hindsight but it gives me a feeling of how to configure the bot when I think a similar situation might occur with a certain coin.

Thanks!
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 07:32:51 PM

I was referring to the other markets. Darkcoin has more then enough movement, your right on that one. Smiley (i missed this alt pump)

it looks like a bubble, so a dynamic drop-loss would do good. (aka follow up)

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
Lawk

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:16:36 AM

I was referring to the other markets. Darkcoin has more then enough movement, your right on that one. Smiley (i missed this alt pump)

it looks like a bubble, so a dynamic drop-loss would do good. (aka follow up)

DynamicDropLoss is a "Safety" but not a trade signal. I meant what kind of trade signal would do good in these circumstances (bubbles), I understand now that as a safety the DynamicDropLoss should be added too.
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 10:44:38 AM

There are a few trade indicators that will preform pretty well on a bubble. In fact almost each indicator can be used if its configured properly. But this last part can be hard and can result in missing the drop. That is why i initially advice to only use a Safety in this situation. A safety like the drop-loss is easier to control and manage.

If somebody would like to use a trade indicator instead then an analysis is required. This analysis should indicator how much power there is inside the bubble, so the thing we have to analyse is the trading volume. In here you can see the investment flow. Once you have a estimate about how fast the price is going up (dollar/minute) then you have a direction, a guide line so to say. This will tell something about the expected drop. The drop has almost 2-3times the power of the raise. This means the sell volume is expected to be 2 of 3 times higher then buy volume now.

The thing we know now are the expected raise and drop and the speed of it. The next thing we want to do is find a indicator that is capable of responding fast at a drop and that holds on at the raise. As i said before, almost all the trade indicator are capable of doing this so there are a lot of options. The only trade indicator that are unusable for this situation are the relative trade indicators (the ones that tell if we are relative high, or low) the reason those do not work is because of there relative setup, in the raise we are high so these indicators will send a sell and that what we do not want here. So please move the Stoch, RSI, StochRSI directly aside, those will not help on this startegy.

The ones i would advice to have a look for are the moving averages. Normally i do NOT advice those for the alt-coin because of the low volume but in this case i am sure they will preform well.

Alright, let see how we can use a moving average and how we should configure it. Let first review some facts, a moving average (of any kind) is following the price trend in general. One follows the prices very quick and the second one follows the prices very slow. As soon as the quick following moving average is dropping below the long one a sell signal is produced. When we put this logic inside a backtest at work then we can confirm it will work this way. But a few things should grap our attention on the backtest, and that is the speed of the buy and sell signals. (those signals are relative late) inside a bubble like we do not want this, we want to stay bought and we want to sell as soon as the drop is detected. In order to make this work we need to tweak the settings of the selected moving average. Our target will be to detect the drop sooner and to respond faster. To make this work we have to reduce the length of the short moving average. By default it is 9 or 12 (depending on the chosen indicator) and we need to lower those. By lowering this short moving average we will tell the trade indicator to respond quicker, after all less prices are used and so the last prices will "weight" the most. once thos short moving averages is shorter we are gonna lave a look to the long moving average. This one is set to 21 or 24 by default and again we want to lower those, the reson why we want this is because we want to follow the prices better and deceted changes sooner, aka make the cross-over of the moving averages happening sooner. This way we can sell sooner on top.

I can only hope this description gives a idea which things you need to tune and to which direction in order to get some good trade signals in a bubble. If i would describe this as a image that i would say the chart should look like this:

You have the price in the uptrend, directly and closely behind it is the short moving average. This one follow very close but may not signal a sell already. The long moving average has to follow the price trend quick too, but not to fast.

A little disclaimer... normally when i skype or mail users i normally give advice to use a long timespan of the moving averages. Aka i tell to raise the update speed from 10minutes to 30minutes or more for better signals. In this case i will give a different advice. In this case its recommended to lower the timer, set it to 5 minutes updates or less. The reason of this advice of the because of the expected rapid movement of the drop, we want to be on top after all so we have to update faster. Aka detect the drop faster and sell higher.

As last thing i would like to point out the differences between the moving averages, i am sure this will be very interesting to have a look at: (and so my Wink of my post earlier becomes more clear)
- MA indicator (this is a SMA based moving average, the signals are solid but slow)
- MACD indicator (this is a EMA based moving average, the signals are faster then the SMA but still relative slow)
- DEMA (this is a EMA+correction based moving average, the signals are relative fast)
- TEMA (this is a EMA+double correction based moving average, the signals are fast)

Please note this is just a suggestion of a possible strategy, there is much more possible. The PPO, Regression slobe, Aroon and so on can be used too. Just do not use the relative indicators, those will not work here.

boomertoo

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:02:20 AM

Very interesting.
Is there a way to account for exchange fees? This would very important for the internal arbitrage as many trades may need to be executed simultaneous if a basket type arb is to be effective. 
Lawk

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:26:13 AM

@ Stephan224; SUPER REPLY! Thanks! I can work with this!
cyberpitstop

Activity: 370

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:25:22 PM

- Bitstamp
 - BTC-e
 - Cex.IO
 - CampBX
 - BTCChina
 - Cryptsy
 - Bitfinex
ARE THESE THE ONLY EXCHANGES SUPPORTED?
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: