Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:19:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416407 times)
Bajawah

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:55:45 PM

One way I have been working the VTC volume is using  multiple bots. Fixed amount trade, earnings on percentage trade indicator, and cancel order ( like it does anything on f-ing Cryptsy ). I set each bot a bit different. ex 0.5/0.5 % change, 1.0/0.5 % change, and 0.5/1.0 % change. This way the bots tried different things and buy/sell at different points. Then you can set a manual drop sell point in case it falls through the floor. Or dynamic if you want, w/e.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pengju

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:24:03 PM

@Stephan224;

Is it possible to make 'CancelOrderAfterXmin’ Insurance work in Cryptsy?

It is very inconvenient that I have to keep manually cancel unfulfilled orders in Cryptsy all the time.
I saw another Bot can cancel orders in Cryptsy, so maybe Cryptsy still has some ways to support order cancellation?

Many thanks.
Starving_Marvin

Activity: 511
Merit: 250

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:52:13 PM

@Stephan224;

It is very inconvenient that I have to keep manually cancel unfulfilled orders in Cryptsy all the time.
I saw another Bot can cancel orders in Cryptsy, so maybe Cryptsy still has some ways to support order cancellation?

How can you cancel unfulfilled orders manyally from Crapsy? My 'cancel order' button says that "order cancelling not supported for Cryptsy".

What would be a good trading strategy to not to get orders stuck all the time?

Bajawah

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:54:48 PM

@Stephan224;

How can you cancel unfulfilled orders manyally from Crapsy? My 'cancel order' button says that "order cancelling not supported for Cryptsy".

I have modified my strategies at Crypsy to not care about the inability to cancel.

ex. Using EarningsOnProcentagetrade,  it doesn't matter if it doesn't fill because you are going to buy/sell at once price anyway. Down side is that it might sit for a bit and then have to be manually fixed / poked at. In good volume ( DRK right now ), it works well. For a general devaluing set the down % higher than up. Reverse that for a coin gaining value.

Hope that helps. Smiley
Pengju

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:38:11 AM

@Stephan224;

I canceled them from Cryptsy website interface itself.

My orders were also keeping be stuck.
Pengju

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:24:27 AM

@Stephan224;

I have modified my strategies at Crypsy to not care about the inability to cancel.

ex. Using EarningsOnProcentagetrade,  it doesn't matter if it doesn't fill because you are going to buy/sell at once price anyway. Down side is that it might sit for a bit and then have to be manually fixed / poked at. In good volume ( DRK right now ), it works well. For a general devaluing set the down % higher than up. Reverse that for a coin gaining value.

Hope that helps. Smiley

Many thanks! I got an enlightenment from your answer.

One more question, what about the strong trending market? Do we have any better strategy to catch it and avoid order be stuck?  (Like DRK, VTC and NXT in the past week)
Starving_Marvin

Activity: 511

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:31:42 AM

For some reason using EarningsOnProcentagetrade gives me negative profit (using backtest). But If I use Blind Indicator with Procent Price Change (with the same value) the profit is positive. Is there something I'm missing?

krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 08:42:29 AM

For some reason using EarningsOnProcentagetrade gives me negative profit (using backtest). But If I use Blind Indicator with Procent Price Change (with the same value) the profit is positive. Is there something I'm missing?

yoda says:
future can not see when one only looks to the past

but really
They are slightly different and might produce different results. A few posts back was discussed about how to set up scalping depending on if the general trend is up or down.
Why not use both using two bots, if you want you can add a stop on losses insurance combined with a drop loss for extra protection against crashes.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

kanemochi3

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:21:35 PM

Hi all,
first post, I'm just a noob at trading and I am finding a stange behaviour in my first steps with the haas, can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong?

- I put some DOGE (approx 20K) in the wallet and I am trying to trade them @cryptsy
- I am running the beginners license, either with the classic or web front-ends
- After much thinking I managed to set up a "bulletproof" bot consisting of a standard RSI plus two insurances, i.e. overcome fee costs and never sell below last buy. The idea was not to lose it all too early eaten by trade fees so I was extra cautious  Smiley
- The backtests went well and showed small profits, then I cleared the stats and activated the trading.
- I let it run for a while and found out that the 1st trade buy or sell always works well, but right after that, the wallet amount reading goes crazy and prevents further trading. It doesn't match the real amount left in the Exchange. e.g. the 20.000 initial Doges, minus the trade amount which is currently 5000 - but it could be a lower or higher value, in the end it does not seem to impact the weird behaviour... After the first trade the log reads something like "The current trade amount(5000) exceeds the current available wallet amount (80,98785389)" or a similar tiny amount vs. what is actually left in the invested side...
- I can't find where to edit the wallet contents in order to restore the right amount and carry on...

Any ideas?
Thanks so much in advance!
Bajawah

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:09:04 PM

Hi all,
first post, I'm just a noob at trading and I am finding a stange behaviour in my first steps with the haas, can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong?

- I put some DOGE (approx 20K) in the wallet and I am trying to trade them @cryptsy
- I am running the beginners license, either with the classic or web front-ends
- After much thinking I managed to set up a "bulletproof" bot consisting of a standard RSI plus two insurances, i.e. overcome fee costs and never sell below last buy. The idea was not to lose it all too early eaten by trade fees so I was extra cautious  Smiley
- The backtests went well and showed small profits, then I cleared the stats and activated the trading.
- I let it run for a while and found out that the 1st trade buy or sell always works well, but right after that, the wallet amount reading goes crazy and prevents further trading. It doesn't match the real amount left in the Exchange. e.g. the 20.000 initial Doges, minus the trade amount which is currently 5000 - but it could be a lower or higher value, in the end it does not seem to impact the weird behaviour... After the first trade the log reads something like "The current trade amount(5000) exceeds the current available wallet amount (80,98785389)" or a similar tiny amount vs. what is actually left in the invested side...
- I can't find where to edit the wallet contents in order to restore the right amount and carry on...

Any ideas?
Thanks so much in advance!

Can you check your logs to see if the orders went through correctly?

My guess is they didn't.

Cryptsy along is a pain to work with because you can't cancel orders.

Then DOGE is impossible because the volume is insane and nothings seems to ever get fully executed.

So, it's the perfect storm of crazy.

Why the wallet reading is off (what I think) is your bot is losing track of it's position and thinks its ready to buy when it has not sold yet. etc.
kanemochi3

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:20:25 PM

Hi Bajawah

Thank you for the insight - yes, it was clever.
The orders were sent to crypsty but stayed there in the queue forever, or they were only partially executed. As a result the wallet at haas did not match the actual status up there at the programmed time for the next signal detection-

I think I better switch to another pair and/or exchange - this is a headache -any suggestion of a good candidate to start with ?- the goal is not making great profits (yet)  but putting the machine to work seamlessly by trying the different indicators available.
Cheers
coingun

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:53:08 PM

Long time thread lurker first time poster.

I have been getting more and more frustrated with some of the changes in this new version. I am probably doing something silly so I figured before it get's worse maybe I should ask. For the example I bring up lets assume we are using 2 bots. One on btc-e and one on bitfinex and lets also assume we are using a trade value of 3 btc.

My issue's are with placing and pulling orders. The current max timer value for an order to be left open seems to be 10 minutes (I say this cause the UI won't accept a value larger than that for me). In my opinion this sometimes isn't long enough to allow for the entire order to get filled. So you run into one of two scenarios. Your order gets half filled then pulled which leads to the bot getting permanently stuck because if he sold .20 btc out of 3btc it now only has 2.8 btc left and it isn't keeping track of that so it just throws endless error after error that the current available wallet value isn't right.

Only way I have found to get the bot unstuck is to force a buy or sell command or manually change the trading value (to a value of $totaltrade - $filledportion) and then change it back after the trade is successful. Both aren't the best solutions due to the current bot setup because it requires console access.

I guess my point here is it needs to be tracking how much of the order was filled so that it doesn't still try and trade the full amount after it would also be nice to be able to adjust that time above 10 mins (unless i'm clearly missing a case where a bunch of attempted buy orders not getting filled is a bonus). Perhaps this will get fixed when the split order command returns. Maybe I should be using more bots with a smaller trading value so it doesn't take so long to fill orders?

This seems like a pretty silly one. I can't really complain though even with the bots getting stuck they are still up a few hundred fiat dollars. Just frustrating to return to check the bot progress a day later and realize its been trying to sell 3 btc's 32 times but one of the random orders got 1% filled and stuck the bot.
Bajawah

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:54:45 PM

Hi Bajawah

Thank you for the insight - yes, it was clever.
The orders were sent to crypsty but stayed there in the queue forever, or they were only partially executed. As a result the wallet at haas did not match the actual status up there at the programmed time for the next signal detection-

I think I better switch to another pair and/or exchange - this is a headache -any suggestion of a good candidate to start with ?- the goal is not making great profits (yet)  but putting the machine to work seamlessly by trying the different indicators available.
Cheers

Pick a pair that has super high volume and swings in price ( ignoring DOGE ). I would say DRK, but thats just madness right now... lol

Sort by volume, look at charts and go from there. Best profit I find is when the price just sin waves horizontally for a while.

Long time thread lurker first time poster.

I have been getting more and more frustrated with some of the changes in this new version. I am probably doing something silly so I figured before it get's worse maybe I should ask. For the example I bring up lets assume we are using 2 bots. One on btc-e and one on bitfinex and lets also assume we are using a trade value of 3 btc.

My issue's are with placing and pulling orders. The current max timer value for an order to be left open seems to be 10 minutes (I say this cause the UI won't accept a value larger than that for me). In my opinion this sometimes isn't long enough to allow for the entire order to get filled. So you run into one of two scenarios. Your order gets half filled then pulled which leads to the bot getting permanently stuck because if he sold .20 btc out of 3btc it now only has 2.8 btc left and it isn't keeping track of that so it just throws endless error after error that the current available wallet value isn't right.

Only way I have found to get the bot unstuck is to force a buy or sell command or manually change the trading value (to a value of $totaltrade - $filledportion) and then change it back after the trade is successful. Both aren't the best solutions due to the current bot setup because it requires console access.

I guess my point here is it needs to be tracking how much of the order was filled so that it doesn't still try and trade the full amount after it would also be nice to be able to adjust that time above 10 mins (unless i'm clearly missing a case where a bunch of attempted buy orders not getting filled is a bonus). Perhaps this will get fixed when the split order command returns. Maybe I should be using more bots with a smaller trading value so it doesn't take so long to fill orders?

This seems like a pretty silly one. I can't really complain though even with the bots getting stuck they are still up a few hundred fiat dollars. Just frustrating to return to check the bot progress a day later and realize its been trying to sell 3 btc's 32 times but one of the random orders got 1% filled and stuck the bot.

I have never tried using anything more than 10min, so I can't comment on that.

But, to fix your other problem, use percentage trade instead of a fixed value.

That way, if it doesn't fill all the way, it doesn't get stuck.
Ziploc

Activity: 405

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:00:59 AM

Guys i'm new here...

Any good reviews of the bots ?

also Stephan any promotions or promotional prices coming ? Wink
Pengju

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:30:47 AM

@Stephan224,

I found a bug which is quite misleading.

If I set a 10 minutes time interval on an indicator, it will only show signal color (Green/Red) on 1st, 11th and 21th minute.
At the other minutes, it just shows a white color and even not be counted in  <In-depth details: Indicator signal>
This setting is really misleading, it take me hours to do the troubleshooting to understand what is wrong on it.

Could we just let the indicator keep its signal position in every tick (1 mins) even it has a longer time interval (>=2 mins)?

Thanks
Codeman553

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:57:24 AM

My bot sometimes seems to stop tracking data from Cryptsy. The prices it was trying to use were hours old. Also what happens when the bots order gets burried by other orders. Does it cancel the order and reevaluate or does it just sit there hoping the price returns.
Pengju

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:59:32 PM

My bot sometimes seems to stop tracking data from Cryptsy. The prices it was trying to use were hours old. Also what happens when the bots order gets burried by other orders. Does it cancel the order and reevaluate or does it just sit there hoping the price returns.

it just sit at there...and hoping...
currently, this is the most frustrated problem I have on this application.
the only solution I can have now, is go to the Cryptsy webpage and cancel them manually...
Codeman553

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:01:22 PM

it just sit at there...and hoping...
currently, this is the most frustrated problem I have on this application.
the only solution I can have now, is go to the Cryptsy webpage and cancel them manually...

Damn. Also have you had any issues with trade amounts. I am always getting issues and the bot gets stuck. I tried all three settings and i get an invalid trade amount all the time. I also for somereason get "Reading fee percentage has failed, falling back to 10%.". This might be the cause as adding a 10% fee would throw off everything, when the real fee is like .15%.
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 06:03:18 AM

Cryptsy is just Crapsy, they just cant get their act together. Buy and Sell orders dont go through or disappear ect.

We need an alternative to Cryptsy, maybe mintpal if they have an ok api , what other exchange with lots of coins has good volume?

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

Codeman553

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:41:21 PM

Cryptsy is just Crapsy, they just cant get their act together. Buy and Sell orders dont go through or disappear ect.

We need an alternative to Cryptsy, maybe mintpal if they have an ok api , what other exchange with lots of coins has good volume?

Honestly I think mintpal is the best option. They have some of the highest volumes for the most active coins. I think they have a API that is currently in beta, hopefully it get released soon.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: