Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:49:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
Simcom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 06:11:46 AM

I'd like to correct a couple of misunderstandings regarding Darkcoin in your otherwise outstanding PR material.

First, you say that DarkSend is a mixing service. It's not a service, it's a decentralized offchain mixing implementation.

Secondly, you say that with blockchain analysis software, it is easy to deanonymize transactions that have been mixed using these services (which include DarkSend). But because DarkSend mixing is done offchain, it actually cannot be deanonymized by analyzing the blockchain. Whereas with enough computing power (quantum computers, or unexpected advances in math), onchain anonymized blockchains (zerocoin, cryptonote, zerocash) can be deanonymized. In that sense DarkSend is future proof.

Hi, I'm not trying to start any flamewar here or disparage DRK in any way (I am a prominent member of the darkcoin community after all).  But I need to respond to this post in the interest of defending the facts.  It is absolutely 100% incorrect to say that Darksend mixing occurs offchain.  It happens 100% onchain and I have spent many hours analyzing the Darksend transactions on the blockchain during DRKs early development and communicating with Evan about how to improve the process. I think DRK does a good job of anonymizing transactions, but they are still onchain and they could potentially be de-anonymized via taint analysis under certain circumstances - read Kristov's analysis for further details. DRK is an excellent coin IMO, but your statement above is inaccurate. The best way to describe DRKs mixing is "a decentralized multi-step mixing service".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tljenson

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:01:29 AM

I've been hearing comments on here about mining problems. I am thinking of moving my Anon Coins from Cryptsy to Bittrex, am I risking not having my coins transfer properly? Thanks in advance.

I have moved from and to cryptsy many times over the past few weeks and have had zero problems. The mining issue is just that we get stuck at high difficulty sometimes for a few hours because our diff. algo needs to be updated, the coins will arrive at their destination regardless.

Thanks, by the way this coin looks awesome, I've always been tempted ever since I heard you where implementing Zero coin, but have been skeptical. If you guys pull this off, this will be the anon coin to end all anon coins. If anybody deserves it, it's this coin. I believe you where the first Anon coin, before DarkCoin? I'm late to the party, but better late than sorry.

This was the first anon focused coin on bitcointalk. Technically Bytecoin may have been first, but it was not advertised here at the time and hardly anyone knew about it.

I agree that if zerocoin works as we hope this could quickly become the #1 anonymity focused coin.

Bytecoin (cryptonote) was more heavily premined than almost any PoW coin. That is why Monero has passed it in market cap despite launching much later using the same codebase.

My favorite cryptonote coin is Boolberry as it addresses blockchain bloat by pruning, and works with a more efficient algorithm than Monero.
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:34:16 AM

Has a developer already answered this? I searched on the forum but did not find any response from them.
Furthermore, after reading all this forum, I have some basics questions:
- Why Gnosis want to remain anonymous? As I understood, he could create ANCs from nothing without no one knowing. People here don't care about this flaw?
- Why someone is mining all the ANC supply since weeks exploiting KGW bug and devs don't care? Why devs don't care that anoncoin became 100% centralized to a unknown solo miner?

What, you're back again?  lolz

Anyone who has actually read the thread already has read the answers to your tired-ass-failed diversions.

Yes, you should have bailed on whatever coin you are holding long ago, and jumped into ANC.  

It's still not too late.

+1
I think there is a good chance an anonymous currency will eventually be second to only bitcoin in market cap.

After Zerocoin, ANC has a good a chance as any to become the market leader for those who care about privacy.

We are still very early in the process. Most have not even heard of us yet
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:48:47 AM

I'd like to correct a couple of misunderstandings regarding Darkcoin in your otherwise outstanding PR material.

First, you say that DarkSend is a mixing service. It's not a service, it's a decentralized offchain mixing implementation.

Secondly, you say that with blockchain analysis software, it is easy to deanonymize transactions that have been mixed using these services (which include DarkSend). But because DarkSend mixing is done offchain, it actually cannot be deanonymized by analyzing the blockchain. Whereas with enough computing power (quantum computers, or unexpected advances in math), onchain anonymized blockchains (zerocoin, cryptonote, zerocash) can be deanonymized. In that sense DarkSend is future proof.

Hi, I'm not trying to start any flamewar here or disparage DRK in any way (I am a prominent member of the darkcoin community after all).  But I need to respond to this post in the interest of defending the facts.  It is absolutely 100% incorrect to say that Darksend mixing occurs offchain.  It happens 100% onchain and I have spent many hours analyzing the Darksend transactions on the blockchain during DRKs early development and communicating with Evan about how to improve the process. I think DRK does a good job of anonymizing transactions, but they are still onchain and they could potentially be de-anonymized via taint analysis under certain circumstances - read Kristov's analysis for further details. DRK is an excellent coin IMO, but your statement above is inaccurate. The best way to describe DRKs mixing is "a decentralized multi-step mixing service".

Absolutely no flamewar wanted or needed - and I'm happy being proven wrong, that's when learning happens the best.

However, we don't have an established terminology yet I guess, so imo what offchain vs onchain anonymization means is:

offchain anonymization = correlation between inputs and outputs does not exist in the blockchain
onchain anonymization = correlation between inputs and outputs does exist in the blockchain, but is hidden by using cryptography (method of hiding could be ring signatures, or zerocoin)
WDL

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 10:20:02 AM

Absolutely no flamewar wanted or needed - and I'm happy being proven wrong, that's when learning happens the best.

However, we don't have an established terminology yet I guess, so imo what offchain vs onchain anonymization means is:

offchain anonymization = correlation between inputs and outputs does not exist in the blockchain
onchain anonymization = correlation between inputs and outputs does exist in the blockchain, but is hidden by using cryptography (method of hiding could be ring signatures, or zerocoin)

I noticed that off chain tec which depends on gateway transfer had been developed by some devs, it is not a mystery,and in fact the gateway technology can also be analyzed,everything is mathematics,so I prefer to trust Zerocoin which holds zero-knowledge proof .
Clyze

Activity: 177

Invest in your future.

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:29:47 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 12:44:21 PM by Clyze

So due to volume I wanted to transfer my Anoncoins from Bittrex back to Cryptsy. Now it seems Bittrex has "confirmed" my withdrawal, but nothing is showing up on the blockchain. It has been 2 hours since I requested my withdrawal.

As I read above (stupidly I read more of this thread after my withdrawal) it seems that bigger transactions are struggling to get through
I lack knowledge when it comes to techs & specifications. Is this problem solved/being solved?

Sorry for bothering ;-)

Thanks in advance,

Clyze

Invest in your future.
drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:54:29 PM

nothing is showing up on the blockchain. It has been 2 hours since I requested my withdrawal.

It lasts 2-10 hours right now, until the next block in a SLOW phase is mined.
See #3404 (and #3462 Smiley )

Just wait. Keep an eye on the block explorer if you are impatient. Study the difficulty column.

Wink

no sign of a signature
Clyze

Invest in your future.

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:07:45 PM

nothing is showing up on the blockchain. It has been 2 hours since I requested my withdrawal.

Just wait. Keep an eye on the block explorer if you are impatient. Study the difficulty column.

Wink

Thanks for the reply!

Invest in your future.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 02:28:03 PM

Feathercoin hardforks to NeoScrypt after their block 432,000 which should be around October the 24th.  So maybe we can have a GPU biased auxPoW chain in the myriad.  Vertcoin is also moving hashing algorithms from Scrypt-N to Lyra2 later in the year.  While Vertcoin is the only network that I know of that is committed to staying GPU biased.  So would make a good addition to Anoncoins auxPoW myriad chains.  The other three could be Scrypt for merged-ming with Litecoin plus Dogecoin and to keep the current Anoncoin miners on board.  Then Cryptonight for merged-mining with Monero and potentially Fantomcoin or MonetaVerde for CPU biased plus GPU mining(currently only Nvidia cards have an opensource miner).  And Primes algo for merged-mining with Primecoin for CPU biased and GPU mining.  They're the five chains I'd like to see although if you really wanted to push it to seven chains.  Then SHA256D and Keyack could be included to also merge-mine with Bitcoin and Maxcoin.  Then four of the seven auxPoW chains would need to be controlled to perform a 51% attack or similar on Anoncoin.  Although seven chains may push the block rewards on each auxPoW chain a bit thin and maybe discourage some large pools on the other networks from adopting Anoncoin.

On another note does anyone know when the first ANC block reward halving takes place and have a graph of the emissions curve.  Plus I'm not a big fan of the PoS model at all although Etherum's new hybrid PoW and PoS model could potentially be very interesting.  DPoS currently looks the most interesting form of PoS in my opinion.  If Anoncoin was to ever consider implementing PoS.  While Peercoin's model of rewarding active full nodes helps to secure and promote a healthy network plus prevents a Sybil attack from easily taking place.  Although this does make Peercoin slightly inflationary in design.

AnonCoinTwitter

Activity: 158

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:58:47 PM

Wink

Thanks for the reply!

New blocks have arrived! Your transaction should be showing up now

mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:05:00 PM

You seem to have solved it, now he knows what to do?

Still, perhaps the following might help?  Cryptsy, are you ever looking at the error reports of your (failed) RPC commands? If the error is "{"code":-4,"message":"Transaction too large"}", then I might once have encountered a not un-comparable problem, when I tried to send coins aggregated from thousands of p2pool mining micropayments. Have a look at my error description, and how (unelegantly) I solved it back then:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=488167.msg5399167#msg5399167 "sendmany.sh"  -Sometimes analogous cases help to find your way out  Wink

Yes, reward me, please :-)
BTC 1JLKNFxKjkU3YsLs38y4e672iWiXBeFYP3
[ANC] ATAgJzuA7djZ8DijQPqtNieAughLPaFaa2
thx.

Yes the problem is we never get that message. We work those errors into our scripts if encountered but the daemon isnt presenting us with any warning. It happily sends the transaction and reports all is well

We do not send rawtransactions

All withdrawals are processed via "sendtoaddress"
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:47:58 PM

Must read   Wink

https://pay.reddit.com/r/Anoncoin/comments/2j422x/why_anoncoin_matters_why_you_should_care_and/
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:44:01 PM

Seems bleutrade suspended my account because i said their retarded! If this wont get resolved (they refuse to answer), i'l publish details in a new thread. Is this another usual BR business?

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Gnosis-

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:59:17 PM

You seem to have solved it, now he knows what to do?

Still, perhaps the following might help?  Cryptsy, are you ever looking at the error reports of your (failed) RPC commands? If the error is "{"code":-4,"message":"Transaction too large"}", then I might once have encountered a not un-comparable problem, when I tried to send coins aggregated from thousands of p2pool mining micropayments. Have a look at my error description, and how (unelegantly) I solved it back then:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=488167.msg5399167#msg5399167 "sendmany.sh"  -Sometimes analogous cases help to find your way out  Wink

Yes, reward me, please :-)
BTC 1JLKNFxKjkU3YsLs38y4e672iWiXBeFYP3
[ANC] ATAgJzuA7djZ8DijQPqtNieAughLPaFaa2
thx.

Yes the problem is we never get that message. We work those errors into our scripts if encountered but the daemon isnt presenting us with any warning. It happily sends the transaction and reports all is well

We do not send rawtransactions

All withdrawals are processed via "sendtoaddress"

Hi mullick,

I took a close look at the behavior of "sendtoaddress" in the most up to date version of our code and I have determined that it will always refuse to make a transaction greater than 100KB. I did not verify this for older versions (too busy with Zerocoin), but it looks like the best course of action for Cryptsy is to make sure you all are compiling anoncoind from the latest version in Github (either "master" or "newbase" branches). Either perform a "git checkout newbase && git pull" or download the zip file from Github.

Let me know if you are still having issues with this after the above has been deployed.

ANC:AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6 | BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx | GPG: E6D0 96DE 5B3E 16C7 C57F  DC3B 654D BB7A D847 993A
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:15:14 PM

Seems bleutrade suspended my account because i said their retarded! If this wont get resolved (they refuse to answer), i'l publish details in a new thread. Is this another usual BR business?

LOL. Are you serious??

Did you ever see me joking about such things? Suspended without notice and no details why. Funds frozen (tough i can trade, but not withdraw, deposit works).
Account status "SUSPENSA".

Backwards little exchange anyway Sad

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
AnonCoinTwitter

Activity: 158

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:29:13 PM

No comments. Girls, see you in the future Grin

Great news!

Someone should make a countdown clock GIF based on 23:00 UTC

https://twitter.com/AnoncoinTeam/status/521758914141241345

Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:29:27 PM

Naaaaaaaahhw! Don't post more comits to github before main launch! Shocked
Clyze

Invest in your future.

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:35:02 PM

So due to volume I wanted to transfer my Anoncoins from Bittrex back to Cryptsy. Now it seems Bittrex has "confirmed" my withdrawal, but nothing is showing up on the blockchain. It has been 2 hours since I requested my withdrawal.

As I read above (stupidly I read more of this thread after my withdrawal) it seems that bigger transactions are struggling to get through
I lack knowledge when it comes to techs & specifications. Is this problem solved/being solved?

Sorry for bothering ;-)

Thanks in advance,

Clyze

Hi guys, referring back to this post;

It has been quite a while since I requested my withdrawal from Bittrex to Cryptsy. Here is some more information regarding my withdrawal.

Withdrawal History    Hide cancelled withdrawals
Search:
DATE   CURRENCY   UNITS   STATUS
   10/13/2014 12:37:03 PM   ANC   969.26520089   Completed
Address: AYUpQqCftJbQEqpuvw4RrQKz19gFtC2VFC
TxId: 838e3b333ac6a64e5eed95c320bdee2ff2121dac170a634fbe498f739d2257c9

It does not show up on the blockchain and I am quite sure we're at a new block at the moment. Time passes by and I am getting more concerned. As I am incredibly clueless on this whole situation.

The last information I could provide is the address of my Bittrex account; AWQNFCwMBomJWxNLT2RrXnvtVbt1tL4yQU
If you search that addy on the blockchain it still shows the funds before my withdrawal.

I hope someone can clarify things for me. Is there a reason to be concerned?

Thanks in advance,

Clyze

Invest in your future.
newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:41:03 PM

I agree about waiting until main launch. No need to make it easy for copy cats before we even get off the ground
robinson5

Activity: 130

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:41:46 PM

Yeah I agree we shouldn't post any more.  We don't want copycat coins taking all the credit! Also, sorry if this question has already been answered but would copycat coins need to do their own RSA UFOs or would they be able to copy ours? If so, we DEFINITELY shouldn't post anything more to github.
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: