Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:05:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Deprived Mining Speculation (DMS)  (Read 198698 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:48:25 AM

Deprived has been away from the forum for almost a month now.

I'm getting worried, am I the only one here?
Nope. You're not alone.

You're not alone.

Guys this happened last time. Everyone was about to freak out and Deprived showed up safe and sound.

I literally do not think that there is a more safe fund operator than Deprived. I'll be happy to purchase some DMS for a discount if anyone is that worried.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realrover

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:08:47 AM

Nope. You're not alone.

You're not alone.

Guys this happened last time. Everyone was about to freak out and Deprived showed up safe and sound.

I literally do not think that there is a more safe fund operator than Deprived. I'll be happy to purchase some DMS for a discount if anyone is that worried.
First, I'd like to get a bunch of unpaid dividends. Then, I'd think about your proposal. Keeping investors uninformed about their investment is not very respectful and I'd expect more from "safe fund operator".
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:55:31 AM

Nope. You're not alone.

You're not alone.

First, I'd like to get a bunch of unpaid dividends. Then, I'd think about your proposal. Keeping investors uninformed about their investment is not very respectful and I'd expect more from "safe fund operator".

Deprived hasn't missed a payment yet and the USD/BTC rate rise means that he has more funds than ever. They guy made ~100BTC off of the Labcoin IPO for god sakes.

If he pays the back dividends then you have no reason to sell me any shares for a discount.

He's clearly said that he's waiting for Ciphertrade to launch.
realrover

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:01:20 AM

Nope. You're not alone.

You're not alone.

Deprived hasn't missed a payment yet and the USD/BTC rate rise means that he has more funds than ever. They guy made ~100BTC off of the Labcoin IPO for god sakes.

If he pays the back dividends then you have no reason to sell me any shares for a discount.

Fine. I'd just like to hear it from him. Keeping shareholders informed and happy is a manager's job, not shareholders themselves. Knowledge about current investment state, but not assumptions, would help to plan financial activities for all shareholders. Thank you for your optimism however. I appreciate it.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:42:32 AM

Nope. You're not alone.

You're not alone.

Fine. I'd just like to hear it from him. Keeping shareholders informed and happy is a manager's job, not shareholders themselves. Knowledge about current investment state, but not assumptions, would help to plan financial activities for all shareholders. Thank you for your optimism however. I appreciate it.

There is nothing to report that hasn't been previously reported. DMS will be relisted when CipherTrade comes online. CipherTrade is still under development and scheduled to go live next year, probably february (you can sign up for email updates on ciphertrade.com). Investment state is unchanged, other than perhaps a little bit of BTC received from CipherBond dividends (which aren't that much since they're priced in EUR and converted to BTC according to current rates).

While a "no news, still waiting" post from Deprived every week wouldn't hurt, it would literally add nothing of value.
alphaking

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:44:08 AM

You're not alone.
Because of the damn Labcoin, I become so sensitive about my btc shares.

Anyway, happy new years!
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 09:28:18 AM

You're not alone.
Because of the damn Labcoin, I become so sensitive about my btc shares.

Anyway, happy new years!

If only Labcoin was the only one, you can add the Ukyo/WeEx/BitFunder mess, inputs.io, creativex / BASIC-MINING, etc.

And that was only 2013.

Brace for 2014, hope DMS is not on the list...

Happy New Year!
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:31:57 PM

If only Labcoin was the only one, you can add the Ukyo/WeEx/BitFunder mess, inputs.io
These were all BLATANT scams, which only people blinded by stupid greed could fall for.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:30:46 AM

If only Labcoin was the only one, you can add the Ukyo/WeEx/BitFunder mess, inputs.io
These were all BLATANT scams, which only people blinded by stupid greed could fall for.

LABCOIN had the taste, the color, the shape, the smell and the sound of a scam.

Wouldn't say that for Ukyo's exchange, even though WeEx was always looming behind.
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:16:48 AM

Why the users of inputs.io are greedy? Is it fair to say so. Did you know inputs.io was a blatant scam before that 'hacking'?
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:07:48 PM

LABCOIN had the taste, the color, the shape, the smell and the sound of a scam.

Wouldn't say that for Ukyo's exchange, even though WeEx was always looming behind.
WeEx and Bitfunder were so crap, and their security was a joke: scam or not it was better not to touch them.
Also, requiring to use WeEx to use Bitfunder was a huge warning sign.

Why the users of inputs.io are greedy? Is it fair to say so.
They weren't greedy, just stupid and gullible.
Coinlenders users were also greedy, though.

Did you know inputs.io was a blatant scam before that 'hacking'?
Of course.
It was under everyone's eyes: just read at the footer of the site, claiming everything was fictional, and escalating that claim more and more every few months.
And yes, of course I warned several times about that. People just didn't listen. Their loss.

matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:23:57 PM

And yes, of course I warned several times about that. People just didn't listen. Their loss.

I think you tend to oversimplify things a bit.

Of course, I agree that any amount of Bitcoin that you are sending away from your own wallets are at risk of loss, by definition.

But you have to admit that beyond the pure technical aspects of transactions and wallets, any economical system involves contracts at some point.

There is a significant difference in the semantics behind:

a) bitching about a breach of contract for "ethical" reasons (i.e. boo hoo),
b) defending one's interest after a breach of contract (i.e. due diligence)

While your reasoning applies pretty well to a), it ignores b) and makes it like there is nothing to be done after a breach of contract.

I will not waste my time and others' for a) here. If Deprived never shows up again, I will write off my loss as you say. I will survive, and yes, I knew it could happen. But I would be a fool and a bad manager if I wouldn't try to identify Deprived IRL and use any legal means necessary *and* proportionate to my debt due to recover it, by due diligence.

I'm just too poor to do nothing about it, at least yet Wink
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:13:22 PM

I think you tend to oversimplify things a bit.

Of course, I agree that any amount of Bitcoin that you are sending away from your own wallets are at risk of loss, by definition.

But you have to admit that beyond the pure technical aspects of transactions and wallets, any economical system involves contracts at some point.

There is a significant difference in the semantics behind:

a) bitching about a breach of contract for "ethical" reasons (i.e. boo hoo),
b) defending one's interest after a breach of contract (i.e. due diligence)

While your reasoning applies pretty well to a), it ignores b) and makes it like there is nothing to be done after a breach of contract.

I will not waste my time and others' for a) here. If Deprived never shows up again, I will write off my loss as you say. I will survive, and yes, I knew it could happen. But I would be a fool and a bad manager if I wouldn't try to identify Deprived IRL and use any legal means necessary *and* proportionate to my debt due to recover it, by due diligence.

I'm just too poor to do nothing about it, at least yet Wink
But I never said you should do nothing, I actually approve if you do...

stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:16:31 AM

Well, it's been over a month since Deprived has been logged in.

I do not know what the relationship is between him and Kate Craig-Wood, but they know each other and she has been similarly indisposed for the same length of time. I believe that she has had some personal crisis that caused her absence; I wonder if Deprived was similarly affected?

If anyone is interested in finding Deprived, I would suggest that contacting Kate would be the place to start. Anyone here in the UK?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:24:24 AM

Well, it's been over a month since Deprived has been logged in.

I do not know what the relationship is between him and Kate Craig-Wood, but they know each other and she has been similarly indisposed for the same length of time. I believe that she has had some personal crisis that caused her absence; I wonder if Deprived was similarly affected?

If anyone is interested in finding Deprived, I would suggest that contacting Kate would be the place to start. Anyone here in the UK?

I'm not in the UK, but thanks for the advice.

I will also post in the Bitcoin Foundation forum, in case anyone has a contact address to investigate further.

Sincerely, I hope nothing bad happened to him (just like creativex, although I had already liquidated all of my assets with him)
stripykitteh
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:29:28 AM

Sincerely, I hope nothing bad happened to him (just like creativex, although I had already liquidated all of my assets with him)

Agreed. Money can be replaced, a life can't be.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:44:02 AM

The last login of Kate on Litecointalk was 16 Dec, and Deprived was 26 Nov. Therefore, it does not support the claim that the disappearance of Deprived relates to the one of Kate. Kate could not contact Deprived in his first disappearance, so I am not sure she could help us even we could contact her. However, the loss of contact of Kate makes the situation worse than last time. This time not only the 150 BTC on that public address is not accessible,  but also more than 260 BTC on the CipherMine.B1 is at danger now.

Really wish they all turn out to be fine when the new trade platform goes live on February. Anyway, this will be my last time to put my BTC on any fund/bond/stock managed by a single person, I think.
stripykitteh
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:28:39 AM

Today I asked one of the Ciphermine guys, evilscoop, if he'd heard anything from Deprived.

His reply was:

Deprived has gone off grid for us too....he was v. quiet nov then disappeared Dec...he was heavily into some rl job role that may have dragged him away as he was talking about it before he vanished.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Jasun7211

Activity: 517
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:55:46 AM

So should we chalk this up to a loss? Or will the shares be trading on cypher trade by default?

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:30:25 AM

So should we chalk this up to a loss? Or will the shares be trading on cypher trade by default?
Wait until the CipherTrade is live and hope Kate and Deprived are back that time.

As long as Kate can be contacted, we can negotiate on how to deal with the CipherMine.B1 part (more than half) of DMS. The rest 150 BTC in the public address https://blockchain.info/address/1CzJY7pVkCqDjUtycHzFgeTTbbWokqYuXo is only accessible by Deprived and nobody else can handle it, so we really needs to find Deprived for that part of DMS.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: