Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:08:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
melodiem

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:21:10 AM

That's not a popular opinion, and likely construed as 'writer-bashing'. It isn't, it's unsustainable economics bashing. People here seem to miss the point that devcoin prices on value. It swings to low prices and never really recovers as a function of pay, and then a function of the lowest common denominator. If the real world pays $X for 1,000 words then any equivalent dvc payment > X will be sold and the price will revert over time. All else being equal, at some point each/most rounds market mechanics work to drop the price to a level commensurate with or closer to what 1,000 words may be worth. And then lower because a lot of devtome writers aren't professional writers or, to put it politely, writers.

Would better quality writing do anything to address the issues you raise or do you see the whole thing as unworkable?

For a developer looking at a writers work, it must seem to have very little value- development is worth so much more based on the amount of money that development can generate and I am not saying developers are bad for seeing things as developers, I am just trying to understand how value is determined in this setting.

Artists and Writers have always needed sponsorship and patrons. A lot of Authors are paid in advance for words they have not written yet, in order to help them to write more, (If they are lucky and talented) and countries like Ireland recognise their value by releasing them from income tax obligations and giving their work value before a single word is written.

I don't know how other writers feel, but some of the pieces I have on Devtome are works that mean a lot to me. One novel took me ten years to compile because it includes my poetry, paintings and graphic art as well. (I am still editing part two and have not finished painting one of the pictures because I spend too much time hanging out in forums lol)

While I will get paid for the number of words, and the images I upload, any value they had to me - or to anyone else reading them - I have now "given" to the Devcoin community. The license I agreed to means I can never take that work back, I can re-use it but I can never take back the commitment I made to the community, any more than a developer can take back his source code.

I would like to think that the goal is that a writers value to the community is not valued in the DVC share alone, but also as a contribution to the resources/assets of a community. Otherwise I just gave a huge part of myself to something that amounts to a glorified blog paying me for posts to drive up traffic.

Please don't take offence at that comment, I am trying to illustrate a point and I am not attacking Devtome in any way, my opinion is just my opinion and I am not assuming to be speaking for any other writer. I am trying to understand because I have a vested interest in this Smiley

I am also not trying to suggest developers should be valued any less, just that maybe it isn't about writers as such, but about how the community determines the value of all its contributors?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
melodiem

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:12:59 AM

Could writers expect a half decent residual on ad revenues over time?
Some cons that come to mind are that it would likely shape successful writers; successful in the sense of reward in DVCs; to write in a fashion that is search engine friendly and could possibly put a bias on the writing if the motivation was reward related.
If their share in ad revenues was perpetual then is it possible to see the same reward, or better, over time that may, now, be had in one time share splits?  

- Nova

[ Edit: typo ]

The problem with writing for ad revenue is exactly as you state. It slants the writing to one purpose: make money. Nothing wrong if that is communicated to writers clearly...There has to be a solution but I hope that is not it.... I dont want to write just for Google's tastes  Undecided

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:22:12 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 08:42:24 AM by sidhujag

I dont quite understand, by one sided trade flow?...
I am putting an IRC chat module up on devcoinproject.com

'One sided trade flow'. I think too much talk and incentive structure is about earning/getting dvc. That results in a focus on how/why/where to sell. This undermines the entire point of devcoin, which is to fund open source work, and therefore needs as much if not more focus on support, buying and adding value.

I see dvc as by definition a mutual concept if it's going to take off. Some others see it as a client-employee relationship only; submit work - expect to get paid. That opinion is fine, but because I don't think that's sustainable until there's a much bigger base of support I'm not particularly interested in making transience and/or bounty hunting and/or word dumps easier. If others disagree that's up to them but, for example, if writers aren't buying dvc to support writing then who is and why do we pay for it.

You shouldn't give up on ideas at the first knock back. Whether I or anyone else disagrees doesn't necessarily imply a bad idea. If you've spent time thinking it through and it makes sense, then it may be an issue of explanation. Put it in simpler terms - explain like you're explaining to homer simpson, then people can give feedback on basics.

There's a dvc channel here I saw on first page of the thread: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=devcoin although I've never used it.

eeh: I'm not having any issues.

dexter: There's nothing stopping you giving to charity yourself - dvc or otherwise. Would you still be in favour of that idea if the dvc price didn't rise?

One of the first things i did in crypto land was put $5000 into devcoin when bitcoin was $100.. If writers would do the same put their money where their keyboards are we wouldbe sonewhere far bynow.. instead we still lack direction...

Writers are saying their work means alot.. what value are you putting on your work.. value that someone may read your work and make youfeel good? Or value that hey I get paid thousands of $ for stuff id never get paid for anyway??

Judging by the constant selling at market its telling me the later and Im generalizing because thats the system we created. Ppl dont value their work as anyhing other than a means to get paid.. put ot this way.. if you werent paid for your work would you still have written on devtome?

Same goes for developers.. even though I created vokuntary bounties for a new client i really got a kick as an official bounty was offferrd... but I think I would have done it anyway or rsnel would have done it because it needs doing. Shares may help speed it up but shouldnt stop the train altogeher for you. If you wouldnt write without getting paid I personally think this is the wrong community for that.

What we need to encourage is the exact opposite as a writer you should be
holding coins or buying more and the writing to increase awarness so rhe value of your investment in $ or time rises...

By creating incentive for profitable businesses and we have admins willing tonwork for the community you create a wave of economic support that is easy to see... With devtome its like yea maybe one day itll get there.. but we certainly arent setting the right rules up or
leading people to proper conclusions to allow for sustainable growth.

The only way you will work for devcoin without major pay is if you hold the coins.. otherwise
you wont want to. If you dont want to
hold the coins then you are simply in it to skin the cat.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:29:15 AM

I know what's happening....

Its because the old clients do not accept these small payments and you need a new client to relay the transaction.... so simply just click anywhere on your android wallet, like goto block explorer, let it start talking to your window client again, and it will relay the transaction to the network. The block explorer should have this transaction but you cannot connect to the block explorer because its not a new version of the client.

I noticed as soon as android connected again to the new window client it relayed the transaction instantly, since new blocks formed since then.
[...]

Do you run a (permanent) node to the newest windows client that I can connect to?

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:35:58 AM

Its because the old clients do not accept these small payments and you need a new client to relay the transaction.... so simply just click anywhere on your android wallet, like goto block explorer, let it start talking to your window client again, and it will relay the transaction to the network. The block explorer should have this transaction but you cannot connect to the block explorer because its not a new version of the client.

I noticed as soon as android connected again to the new window client it relayed the transaction instantly, since new blocks formed since then.
[...]

Do you run a (permanent) node to the newest windows client that I can connect to?

I think hunterbunter is running an official seed he just put up with the new client. Hunterbunter can you confirm? If so can you use latest source? I made some fee changes.

Thx
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:12:13 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 11:41:59 AM by Hunterbunter

[...]

I think hunterbunter is running an official seed he just put up with the new client. Hunterbunter can you confirm? If so can you use latest source? I made some fee changes.

Thx

Heya, yeah I'm running version 80501 on dvcnode.blisteringdevelopers.com:52333, not sure if that's the one you mean, though... I tried actually just doing a git-pull but it failed compiling at the start:

Code:
 make -f makefile.unix
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -D_MT -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE  -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/amit/devcoin/src -I/home/amit/devcoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/amit/devcoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/amit/devcoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/init.d -o obj/init.o init.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/mutex.hpp:14:0,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/mutex.hpp:16,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/thread_data.hpp:12,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/thread.hpp:17,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread.hpp:13,
                 from util.h:26,
                 from bignum.h:12,
                 from main.h:8,
                 from txdb.h:8,
                 from init.cpp:6:
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp:23:5: error: expected identifier before numeric constant
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp:23:5: error: expected â}â before numeric constant
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp:23:5: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp:46:14: error: expected type-specifier before âsystem_timeâ
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp: In function âint xtime_get(xtime*, int)â:
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp:73:40: error: âget_system_timeâ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp:73:40: note: suggested alternative:
In file included from /usr/include/boost/thread/locks.hpp:12:0,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/mutex.hpp:12,
/usr/include/boost/thread/thread_time.hpp:19:24: note:   âboost::get_system_timeâ
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp: At global scope:
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp:88:1: error: expected declaration before â}â token
make: *** [obj/init.o] Error 1

EDIT: Just doing an apt-get update/upgrade to see if it's outdated libs.
EDIT2: Hmm nope, that didn't help. Are there new lib dependencies?
unclejed613

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:42:31 AM

I dont quite understand, by one sided trade flow?...
I am putting an IRC chat module up on devcoinproject.com

'One sided trade flow'. I think too much talk and incentive structure is about earning/getting dvc. That results in a focus on how/why/where to sell. This undermines the entire point of devcoin, which is to fund open source work, and therefore needs as much if not more focus on support, buying and adding value.

I see dvc as by definition a mutual concept if it's going to take off. Some others see it as a client-employee relationship only; submit work - expect to get paid. That opinion is fine, but because I don't think that's sustainable until there's a much bigger base of support I'm not particularly interested in making transience and/or bounty hunting and/or word dumps easier. If others disagree that's up to them but, for example, if writers aren't buying dvc to support writing then who is and why do we pay for it.

You shouldn't give up on ideas at the first knock back. Whether I or anyone else disagrees doesn't necessarily imply a bad idea. If you've spent time thinking it through and it makes sense, then it may be an issue of explanation. Put it in simpler terms - explain like you're explaining to homer simpson, then people can give feedback on basics.

There's a dvc channel here I saw on first page of the thread: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=devcoin although I've never used it.

eeh: I'm not having any issues.

dexter: There's nothing stopping you giving to charity yourself - dvc or otherwise. Would you still be in favour of that idea if the dvc price didn't rise?

One of the first things i did in crypto land was put $5000 into devcoin when bitcoin was $100.. If writers would do the same put their money where their keyboards are we wouldbe sonewhere far bynow.. instead we still lack direction...

Writers are saying their work means alot.. what value are you putting on your work.. value that someone may read your work and make youfeel good? Or value that hey I get paid thousands of $ for stuff id never get paid for anyway??

Judging by the constant selling at market its telling me the later and Im generalizing because thats the system we created. Ppl dont value their work as anyhing other than a means to get paid.. put ot this way.. if you werent paid for your work would you still have written on devtome?

Same goes for developers.. even though I created vokuntary bounties for a new client i really got a kick as an official bounty was offferrd... but I think I would have done it anyway or rsnel would have done it because it needs doing. Shares may help speed it up but shouldnt stop the train altogeher for you. If you wouldnt write without getting paid I personally think this is the wrong community for that.

What we need to encourage is the exact opposite as a writer you should be
holding coins or buying more and the writing to increase awarness so rhe value of your investment in $ or time rises...

By creating incentive for profitable businesses and we have admins willing tonwork for the community you create a wave of economic support that is easy to see... With devtome its like yea maybe one day itll get there.. but we certainly arent setting the right rules up or
leading people to proper conclusions to allow for sustainable growth.

The only way you will work for devcoin without major pay is if you hold the coins.. otherwise
you wont want to. If you dont want to
hold the coins then you are simply in it to skin the cat.

i'm probably not a "great" writer, but i am an engineer who has an idea. in order for that idea to find it's way into a finished product, i'm willing to put that idea up on devtome, and let somebody else run with it.  if somebody is going to understand my idea, i must communicate it as clearly as possible, which means i have to write it well. my intention is to create a product (or line of products) that not only are "open source", but useful. one of the things said in the devtome instructions is " Writers should write what they know best.  ", so that's what i'm going to focus on.... but to communicate my idea effectively, i need to use writing skills, which i hope are up to the task..... the way i see it, writing entails a clear picture of the goal, and writing it out in a clear and logical fashion (without being boring and dry).  so devtome has become my outlet for this idea....
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:45:29 AM

Would better quality writing do anything to address the issues you raise or do you see the whole thing as unworkable? ...
I agree with the vibe of what you write. If I didn't I wouldn't bother being here and I wouldn't bother making these points. Instead I'd just take the money and shut the hell up. But I view your basic objectives and philosophy and draw different conclusions.

Perhaps the simplest way to put it, is that any direct resources put towards one idea or work-ideal cannot be put towards another. I have zero issue with writing. I read. I write on devtome, I'm an admin on devtome and spend quite a lot more time on it than I need to - because I think such efforts matter even if only for concept. But I'm also a realist. I read most submissions, I have a fair idea of content and feel I can draw general inferences on motivations.

You're misunderstanding my perspective. I'm not a developer and I'm not guaging writing as less valuable as anything else. Quite the opposite, I'm repeatedly trying to make the point that a project focusing on open-source should treat all creative forms more equally. Administering a revenue element to one or more forms (paid direct or advertising or other) should be a bonus, not a principle, and justified by that form. Because devcoin serves to reward open-source I don't think it's too much to ask that involved participants play a role in building and supporting their relative creation base first, rather than being takers only. If they don't value their work why should I?

It's not an issue of not being workable/not, it already 'works' - just mostly for some over others. Quite similarly to bigshot bitcoin miners winning over everyone else. But bitcoin doesn't stake any claim on equity or reward for work or open-source. In general, I don't think the 'whole thing' justifyies its subsidy - yet perhaps. So it's simply that while I don't rate writing as less important than anything else I also don't rate it as more important. We should always be trying to objectively question whether the process is working as it should.

I won't take offence at anything you say. In response though, I would ask a couple of questions:
1) Does Devcoin paying us such sums to lay our creative souls bare add or subtract from the concept of growing, sustainable open-source (all open source) support?
2) Would resources be better utilised on those who value their work first for creation's sake, or does incentivising rolling input on content terms for monetary reward trump this?
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:07:47 PM

Heya, yeah I'm running version 80501 on dvcnode.blisteringdevelopers.com:52333

I managed to make a connection with the Android wallet, but the stuck payment is stilll, uhm, stuck...  Cheesy

weisoq

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:17:29 PM

Some cons that come to mind are that it would likely shape successful writers; successful in the sense of reward in DVCs; to write in a fashion that is search engine friendly and could possibly put a bias on the writing if the motivation was reward related.

If their share in ad revenues was perpetual then is it possible to see the same reward, or better, over time that may, now, be had in one time share splits?  
Should witers expect a half decent residual on ad revenues over time? Or on generation shares?

There's already a bias - word count - so we're not starting from a position of neutrality. It's chicken and egg again. In the case of open source work I think effort should come before reward. That means it's down to programmers and writers (and musicians and artists?) to determine worth. Perhaps one way would be for each creative form earning base to be determined by all participants except those under assessment. At minimum it would give an interesting idea of foundational value, and would be an interesting study in (as you've put it) race to the bottom or race to the top. Testing game theory and underlying motivations.

An example of arse about tit are suggestions for charity donations motivated by potential for a price rise, not charity. Price derives from value. If those people want higher prices then they need to find ways to contribute/donate to open-source projects that add vale to devcoin. Bribery gains are generally transient and difficult to extricate oneself from.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:38:03 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 04:25:17 PM by sidhujag

[...]

Thx

Heya, yeah I'm running version 80501 on dvcnode.blisteringdevelopers.com:52333, not sure if that's the one you mean, though... I tried actually just doing a git-pull but it failed compiling at the start:

Code:
 make -f makefile.unix
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -D_MT -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE  -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/amit/devcoin/src -I/home/amit/devcoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/amit/devcoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/amit/devcoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/init.d -o obj/init.o init.cpp
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp:23:5: error: expected identifier before numeric constant
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp:23:5: error: expected â}â before numeric constant
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp:23:5: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp:46:14: error: expected type-specifier before âsystem_timeâ
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp: In function âint xtime_get(xtime*, int)â:
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp:73:40: error: âget_system_timeâ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp:73:40: note: suggested alternative:
In file included from /usr/include/boost/thread/locks.hpp:12:0,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/mutex.hpp:12,
/usr/include/boost/thread/thread_time.hpp:19:24: note:   âboost::get_system_timeâ
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp: At global scope:
/usr/include/boost/thread/xtime.hpp:88:1: error: expected declaration before â}â token
make: *** [obj/init.o] Error 1

I think win obj files were pushed for leveldb.. The makefile needs to clean libcurl libleveldb properly like the mingw makefile does. Also the src/obj files need to be deleted on clean.. Did you change the makefile to do this?

I left it so the unix builder will do it and give me a fixed version so I can push it.. Check mingw for reference on the bottom clean and build stuff...

Make sure you always clean before you build. I will clean up the repo next push..
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:49:13 PM

Heya, yeah I'm running version 80501 on dvcnode.blisteringdevelopers.com:52333

I managed to make a connection with the Android wallet, but the stuck payment is stilll, uhm, stuck...  Cheesy

You need to connect to latest version with dust fix.. check your pm.
unclejed613

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:01:32 PM

Should witers expect a half decent residual on ad revenues over time? Or on generation shares?

There's already a bias - word count - so we're not starting from a position of neutrality. It's chicken and egg again. In the case of open source work I think effort should come before reward. That means it's down to programmers and writers (and musicians and artists?) to determine worth. Perhaps one way would be for each creative form earning base to be determined by all participants except those under assessment. At minimum it would give an interesting idea of foundational value, and would be an interesting study in (as you've put it) race to the bottom or race to the top. Testing game theory and underlying motivations.

An example of arse about tit are suggestions for charity donations motivated by potential for a price rise, not charity. Price derives from value. If those people want higher prices then they need to find ways to contribute/donate to open-source projects that add vale to devcoin. Bribery gains are generally transient and difficult to extricate oneself from.

this is why i decided to start an open source hardware project on devtome.... hopefully my writing skills are adequate, but i see an opportunity to not only make some money by writing, but help somebody else make a living from an idea that i think has possibilities..... i'm still in the planning stages for the articles, but after i finish the groundwork, and start the actual technical discussion and adding detail, somebody with a similar bent (and adequate funding) might be able to turn the plan into reality.  i have a few places i can post on audio technology forums that might grab some interest. this isn't charity, but a potential business.... but i'm not very good at business plans..... i'm an electrical engineer, and somehow the whole "social engineering" side of building a business is totally foreign to me....  i'm totally at home with "current mirrors, oscillators, power supplies" and the like, but marketing?.... not a clue.....
weisoq

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:37:29 PM

this is why i decided to start an open source hardware project on devtome.... hopefully my writing skills are adequate, but i see an opportunity to not only make some money by writing, but help somebody else make a living from an idea that i think has possibilities..... i'm still in the planning stages for the articles, but after i finish the groundwork, and start the actual technical discussion and adding detail, somebody with a similar bent (and adequate funding) might be able to turn the plan into reality.  i have a few places i can post on audio technology forums that might grab some interest. this isn't charity, but a potential business.... but i'm not very good at business plans..... i'm an electrical engineer, and somehow the whole "social engineering" side of building a business is totally foreign to me....  i'm totally at home with "current mirrors, oscillators, power supplies" and the like, but marketing?.... not a clue.....
Yes I read the outline (wrong categories apparently Wink) - good stuff, remember because I had to look up what easter eggs had to do with amplifiers...

As I've said it not's that coding (or building amps) is better/worse than writing, and this sums it up nicely. All are necessary steps in shared knowledge and improvement, and that's what I think devcoin should represent in talk and walk. (edit)
xeriandros

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:19:29 AM

As this round is starting to wind down, I'm growing increasingly concerned that my username isn't appearing in the Devtome user list or earnings files for the round. Is there anything I should be doing to make sure I am included in those files? If for some reason I'm not in them when the round ends, will there be any way for me to receive my shares?
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 05:28:26 AM

Just a thought folks...

If the long term goal is to grow awareness of Devcoin...this individual thread isn't going to get it done.

All of this high quality content everyone is posting on a daily basis could be better utilized on a different forum..  

http://coinzen.org/index.php

Bittzy78

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
Hunterbunter

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:53:26 AM

Just a heads up to anyone using the vircurex shotgun bot, they changed the api access domain from the first of feb. Do a git pull to get the updated files. It will no longer work without this.
weisoq

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:39:03 AM

As this round is starting to wind down, I'm growing increasingly concerned that my username isn't appearing in the Devtome user list or earnings files for the round. Is there anything I should be doing to make sure I am included in those files? If for some reason I'm not in them when the round ends, will there be any way for me to receive my shares?
That's usually because writing is still in the process of being checked. You submitted a lot of articles in quite a short period, so I'd guess that process isn't complete as somebody has to go through them to ensure basic copy, no plagiarism etc. The round doesn't end until 9th feb, then there's a period before receiver files are finalised.
Hunterbunter

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:36:00 PM

Thx

I think win obj files were pushed for leveldb.. The makefile needs to clean libcurl libleveldb properly like the mingw makefile does. Also the src/obj files need to be deleted on clean.. Did you change the makefile to do this?

I left it so the unix builder will do it and give me a fixed version so I can push it.. Check mingw for reference on the bottom clean and build stuff...

Make sure you always clean before you build. I will clean up the repo next push..

Ok so I figured out that I was missing some other libs somehow...must have lost them in another update somewhere. Weird, since I compiled the last pull just fine.

In any case, I've compiled the newest git and it's running, but it's showing the same version as before (80501)...is that normal?
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:43:24 PM

Thx

Ok so I figured out that I was missing some other libs somehow...must have lost them in another update somewhere. Weird, since I compiled the last pull just fine.

In any case, I've compiled the newest git and it's running, but it's showing the same version as before (80501)...is that normal?

Yea that matches bitcoin 8.5.1..

We havent released yet so the only version out there will be 8.5.1 until we release 8.6.0 or 8.9..

Weckel can you try to connect to his new
node on andriod?
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: