Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:44:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:31:13 PM

The Litecoin Widget (by Mad Geniuses) for Android phones now supports DVC/BTC, DVC/LTC, and DVC/XPM on cryptsy.

It's not enabled for Vircurex, but at least you can keep an eye on devcoin prices at any time with ease.

Devcoin wallet already does this vs btc or fiat

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:10:23 PM

Some of the mods have been discussing this amongst ourselves and have been meaning to bring up the possibility of devoting ongoing shares to facilitate an advertising budget (including giveaways) to drive traffic to the forum. This seems reasonable, since the forum will serve as an ongoing project to further interest in and awareness of Devcoin.

Unthinkingbit and others, what do you think?

Coinzen is not ready yet. When it is, we'll probably get a good amount of traffic anyways. If it's not enough, then we'll advertise.
For what it's worth, I'm not sure what kind of traffic will simply materialize. And I think the forum is an outstanding marketing opportunity for DVC. I hope you'll reconsider this position.

MAbtc: There's already a portion of shares for faucet giveaway and advertising. Perhaps it's worth trying to negotiate with those recipients if considered more efficient, or give an address and anyone who supports it can donate?

Could you direct me to more information about this / where I can contact these recipients?

I imagine that absent anything else, we'll solicit donations for an ad budget and will continue to fund what we can out of our own pocket. Any suggestions where we should solicit for this? This thread is so disorganized -- speaking of which, when are we going to migrate to the forum?
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:11:07 PM

Could you direct me to more information about this / where I can contact these recipients?

I imagine that absent anything else, we'll solicit donations for an ad budget and will continue to fund what we can out of our own pocket. Any suggestions where we should solicit for this? This thread is so disorganized -- speaking of which, when are we going to migrate to the forum?
emfox's faucet gets shares and psybits manages advertising with some remit to apportion shares. Not saying there's enough or that it will happen, but not much to be lost by looking into it. If nothing's forthcoming and you guys are stumping up your own I'll also contribute something myself if you give more info - didn't know of any plans. The account files should have more info on shares.
eeh

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:17:56 PM

If nothing's forthcoming and you guys are stumping up your own I'll also contribute something myself if you give more info - didn't know of any plans. The account files should have more info on shares.

I'll gladly contribute my Earning Admin share to an ongoing ad campaign. Put it on my tab. Just tell me first so I don't get all mad at UTB for withholding. Smiley
bit-fxtrader

Activity: 166

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:49:30 PM

I see the round deadline is 4 days away. I wrote some articles in word, about to post them. If I post them on devtome before the 9th will they get counted in this round or do I need someone to check them first? Not sure how the system works, it's my first month writing for devtome.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:57:00 PM

I see the round deadline is 4 days away. I wrote some articles in word, about to post them. If I post them on devtome before the 9th will they get counted in this round or do I need someone to check them first? Not sure how the system works, it's my first month writing for devtome.

I believe if you don't check them (proof-read?) then they may be rated lower so its better to make sure its a final copy before writing.
bit-fxtrader

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:03:22 PM

I believe if you don't check them (proof-read?) then they may be rated lower so its better to make sure its a final copy before writing.

Hey, sidhujag. That's not what I meant.Someone earlier commented how noone checked his work yet and he thought he might not be included in this payment round because of this. So just curious if the deadline is ''you should post by this date'' and articles can get checked later or if it's ''if article doesn't get checked by mods by deadline then it doesn't count''. Hope I explained it better this time.
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 11:02:09 PM

Hey! Is there a devcoin paper wallet generator? If im not wrong, its the same as bitcoin? In that case would I be able to use something like http://bitaddress.org? Would it be the bitcoin address be the correct address or would I have to run it through some different site to different address that starts with "D". Peercoin and namecoin are based off of bitcoin and use the same generation as bitcoin but they start with "P" or "N". Thanks.

Devcoin addresses are the same as bitcoin addresses. A devcoin address starts with the same character as a bitcoin address, there is no change at all. You can import a bitcoin address into devcoin and vice versa.

What happens if you accidently send Devcoins to a Bitcoin address? I did this yesterday while attempting to transfer some Devcoins from wallet to Vircurex. The transaction was completed with over 130 confirmations.

There has been no change to my Vircurex account balances.

Are the coins gone for good?

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:24:38 PM

What happens if you accidently send Devcoins to a Bitcoin address? I did this yesterday while attempting to transfer some Devcoins from wallet to Vircurex. The transaction was completed with over 130 confirmations.

Ask Vircurex to dump the privkey from their bitcoin address and have them transfer the devcoin balances to you.
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 12:50:57 AM

Ask Vircurex to dump the privkey from their bitcoin address and have them transfer the devcoin balances to you.

Thanks, will do that. Smiley

Bittzy78

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
melodiem

Activity: 232

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:26:07 AM

Could Devtome writers please categorise and either add their new writings to the Most recent section or directly to the appropriate category (preferably the latter). We work from that home-page list and then an A-Z of writers. Just writing and doing nothing means articles are left somewhere in the devtome ether, makes the job of working on your articles a lot harder, and gives the impression there's no desire for anyone to ever read them. Thanks

Edit: Been highlighted to me that the above isn't clear, so I'm talking about 2 steps:

1) Categorising at base of articles e.g. [[Category:Biology]]
2) Actually lisiting those articles (filing) under Most Recent and in the place your category suggests (the Biology page).

If everybody could do this it would save a lot of hassle, and get us closer to having the time to look at devtome presentation/visuals.

I am sorry I have been doing the category at the bottom of the page, but not filing them. Will fix now.

Also, is it ok to add a category to someone else's article if it doesn't have one? I actually did this one day before I realised it might not be cool...(I forgave myself by noting the writer gets better share results if their articles are categorised but still, not sure if I should have and have not since..) are their rules around this?

eeh

Activity: 185

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:38:19 AM

Also, is it ok to add a category to someone else's article if it doesn't have one? I actually did this one day before I realised it might not be cool...(I forgave myself by noting the writer gets better share results if their articles are categorised but still, not sure if I should have and have not since..) are their rules around this?

Fine with my stuff if you PM me first.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:39:20 AM

Hey! Is there a devcoin paper wallet generator? If im not wrong, its the same as bitcoin? In that case would I be able to use something like http://bitaddress.org? Would it be the bitcoin address be the correct address or would I have to run it through some different site to different address that starts with "D". Peercoin and namecoin are based off of bitcoin and use the same generation as bitcoin but they start with "P" or "N". Thanks.

Devcoin addresses are the same as bitcoin addresses. A devcoin address starts with the same character as a bitcoin address, there is no change at all. You can import a bitcoin address into devcoin and vice versa.

Thanks for the clarification. If I use bitaddress to generate an address, I cand import, send, and receive dev coins safely?

melodiem

Activity: 232

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:21:01 AM

Your view is similar to that of most others, objectively or not. I just don't share it and so my approach may change accordingly, because I'm tired of reiterating aspects I think are fundamental but not shared.

Dont underestimate the power of a word Weisoq, I've had to completely re-evaluate my position/opinion and ask whole new questions of myself and others because your view makes a lot of sense.

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:04:24 AM

I am sorry I have been doing the category at the bottom of the page, but not filing them. Will fix now.

So long as they're at least under Most Recent then we know they exist and can file them. It just takes longer. Pretty sure you've been doing this so no worries.

You can edit others' articles but unless you're on a list of ok'd writers it brings up warnings in output scripts. Best thing is to msg UTB and ask to be added to that list if your intentions are good, which they are.
Flam

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:32:07 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 02:43:01 PM by Flam

Last time I checked filling the category was described as an admin task. I can guess it's not bad will on writers part because if I extend my comprehension of it to the other writers, they may thought that you had to put your article into "most recent" section first only to be reviewed and categorized by an admin later on.

PS: Of course if an important portion of writers doesn't even bother to update the most recent page it's annoying.

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

bit-fxtrader

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:42:45 PM

Hey, sidhujag. That's not what I meant.Someone earlier commented how noone checked his work yet and he thought he might not be included in this payment round because of this. So just curious if the deadline is ''you should post by this date'' and articles can get checked later or if it's ''if article doesn't get checked by mods by deadline then it doesn't count''. Hope I explained it better this time.

Can anyone answer how the system works? First month writing for devtome.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:48:09 PM

This week's humble bundle is a really good deal!  (Too bad I already have all of the games  Smiley)  What if Humble Bundle starting accepting devcoin?  We would need a more professional payment processor than coinpayments, though.  (i.e. bitpay or coinbase for devcoin)

Therefore, I suggest a bounty of 40 shares for a professional-looking devcoin payment processor (admins can vote on this), and an additional 15 shares for each store or business that starts using the the processor, with a 2/5 share bonus for the person who coded the processor for each store and a 5 share bonus for the person who persuaded the business to start using the devcoin payment processor.

Any changes, or objections?
(The share rewards may be a bit high)
Flam

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:51:48 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 03:15:34 PM by Flam

Can anyone answer how the system works? First month writing for devtome.

Once you are on the earning list your word count is updated day by day. Check here http://dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com/
If you are not on the earning list an admin will come to you asking a confirmation on your address.
The payment round starts 20 days after the deadline. I guess it allows admins to check everything and counter cheating.
Everyone on the list will be paid his first share first then his second and so on up to his total shares. The payment is generated as mined blocks of 45k devcoins into your wallet. That's why it takes time even for the payment. And that's why the address have to be on your computer's wallet, not from an exchange.
So on your first round as a writer there is a great inertia between your work and the moment you get paid. But then you will earn DVC every days.
Once you have an article that meets the Devtome requirements post it or your payment can be delayed up to 50 days.

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

bit-fxtrader

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:25:26 PM

Ok guys here's my first article. Let me know if I'm doing this right. I added 3 categories on the bottom plus added it to the most recent section. http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=forex_news_trading
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: