Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:38:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 #  (Read 458140 times)
wizkid057
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:39:09 AM

my previous mining address is still stuck at

Approximately 0.16254336 BTC remaining to enter payout queue. If you remain inactive then you will enter the payout queue, due to inactivity, in approximately a few seconds.

for a few days now..

Its because the balance is below the absolute minimum threshold for entering the payout queue, 2 TBC (0.000131072 BTC).  I've been meaning to note that in the stats.  I'll do that now.

Edit:  This can also be if your balance is > 2 TBC but less than 10 TBC.  Balances less than 10 TBC do not enter the normal payout queue and are always manually paid.

-wk

so do i have to mine for that address for a little more to trigger that payout ?

If it has less than 0.000131072 BTC then yes, otherwise you probably just now got it paid out.

-wk

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WinTame2012

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 09:44:30 PM

Why shelved BTC amount was removed from stats? My unpaid balance started to grow from 7 Sep and now stuck at 2.51 BTC for the last 3.5 days while I still mine at a sustained rate 212 GH/s and pool was incredibly lucky yesterday.

Wizkid, please consider manual payout to address 18RHQfmrTcC5MXuFUMxC29W3VWRQtCuvV5.
Thanks.

May the WinTame Power be with you!
http://wintame.com
wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:21:24 PM

Why shelved BTC amount was removed from stats? My unpaid balance started to grow from 7 Sep and now stuck at 2.51 BTC for the last 3.5 days while I still mine at a sustained rate 212 GH/s and pool was incredibly lucky yesterday.

Wizkid, please consider manual payout to address 18RHQfmrTcC5MXuFUMxC29W3VWRQtCuvV5.
Thanks.

There is nothing left to pay out on that address.  You're in queue for 0.16586020 BTC, which includes estimated payout for the current round/next block.  Although, it looks like you've removed the majority of your hash power, so, that will likely drop since you are no longer contributing and you're not adding as many shares and the current round is unlucky.  Under CPPSRB, constantly active miners will always end up with the best long term rewards.

Just a general note (to everyone, not just the person I'm replying to).  Please read the FAQ on the CPPSRB Reward System. Shelved shares are not ever owed by the pool in any way shape or form.  They are simply shares which were submitted, added to the share log, and have not yet had funds available to be paid (ie, luck).  Displaying Shelved Shares as a value in BTC turned out to be a mistake since too many people either assumed that they should be getting rewarded that amount, or would rage quit when, even though their % paid was high, would misunderstand the system and think that reward system was broken for not paying them for shelved shares.  Displaying the % of shares rewarded so far is a much more useful metric than a value of shares not yet rewarded.

The pool does not owe shelved shares.  The pool will pay as many shelved shares as possible when it is possible with every lucky block.  But, if there are not sufficient funds mined to go far enough into the share log to pay everyone, then obviously they can not be paid yet and they will sit in the share log (shelved) until such time as they can be rewarded/paid.

-wk

Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
WinTame2012

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 01:49:58 AM

Thanks.

There is nothing left to pay out on that address.  You're in queue for 0.16586020 BTC, which includes estimated payout for the current round/next block.  Although, it looks like you've removed the majority of your hash power, so, that will likely drop since you are no longer contributing and you're not adding as many shares and the current round is unlucky.  Under CPPSRB, constantly active miners will always end up with the best long term rewards.

Just a general note (to everyone, not just the person I'm replying to).  Please read the FAQ on the CPPSRB Reward System. Shelved shares are not ever owed by the pool in any way shape or form.  They are simply shares which were submitted, added to the share log, and have not yet had funds available to be paid (ie, luck).  Displaying Shelved Shares as a value in BTC turned out to be a mistake since too many people either assumed that they should be getting rewarded that amount, or would rage quit when, even though their % paid was high, would misunderstand the system and think that reward system was broken for not paying them for shelved shares.  Displaying the % of shares rewarded so far is a much more useful metric than a value of shares not yet rewarded.

The pool does not owe shelved shares.  The pool will pay as many shelved shares as possible when it is possible with every lucky block.  But, if there are not sufficient funds mined to go far enough into the share log to pay everyone, then obviously they can not be paid yet and they will sit in the share log (shelved) until such time as they can be rewarded/paid.

-wk
I just wonder how it can be that I had regular payouts with a little shares been shelved in days when pool wasn't very lucky and then, after the recent 'glitch in autopayout system', I've received only some teardrops even despite very lucky 24 hours? It can be obviously seen in the chart. Notice the almost absent green area before the 'glitch' (with much less lucky rounds) and an enormous shelved shares after that 'glitch'.

I'd better leave this cheting pool now.

wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:28:18 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2013, 03:40:54 AM by wizkid057

Thanks.

-wk
I just wonder how it can be that I had regular payouts with a little shares been shelved in days when pool wasn't very lucky and then, after the recent 'glitch in autopayout system', I've received only some teardrops even despite very lucky 24 hours? It can be obviously seen in the chart. Notice the almost absent green area before the 'glitch' (with much less lucky rounds) and an enormous shelved shares after that 'glitch'.

I'd better leave this cheting pool now.

Your "regular payouts" were during an average/lucky period. I bring your attention to the Eligius blocks list and note the 14 extremely unlucky rounds in the past 7 days, including a round that took over 500 million shares before a block was found.  It will likely take some time for the pool to recover from this unlucky streak, unfortunately, but, as always active miners will continue to earn as close to 100% PPS as possible.  Stopping mining during an unlucky period is probably the best way to not get the most out of Eligius, since a) it buries your shelved share under more and more shelved shares from contributing miners and b) the pool has less hashrate to help find blocks more quickly which could help the pool as a whole pay shares more quickly.

But, before you make accusations of cheating, listen as I said before and read and understand the FAQ on the CPPSRB Reward System.  Everything the pool pays is as transparent as possible.  Eligius is the last pool anyone would ever accuse of cheating.  Its pretty much impossible. We expose everything, including our full share submission database (to those who request access), to the public.  Every satoshi mined is accounted for.  Miners can even verify what the pool is mining by making GBT requests and verify that the payout queue matches the coinbase transaction being mined (also available in our API's coinbase.txt).  So don't even think about trying to slander the pool with nonsense.

And just to show that you do not understand the reward system at all, look at your balance graph more closely.  Then compare the times your unpaid balance increases (purple line) with the times the pool found a block.  You'll notice that it went up roughly the exact same amount for every single block.

So actually understand what you're talking about before attempting to spread lies and FUD.

-wk

Edit: See proceeding post.

wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:41:10 AM

I'll also note, for the record, that the 'glitch in the auto payout system' was actually two glitches, as indicated by the two large flat periods and subsequent corrections in the "maximum reward" line (light green) of *everyone's* balance graph who was steadily mining on Sep 7 and 11.  They were both instances where the CPPSRB reward system process on the pool server paused due to a fail-safe event for security purposes.  

The first was the code having an issue communicating with the local bitcoind daemon and having trouble verifying the coinbase transaction of a block.  Turns out bitcoind was just a little laggy due to load and the CPPSRB code just didn't allow enough time.  

The second was due to an orphan block we mined 000000000000000bf3ef99e0dcdd88f7c7a57201317fb51922e723ed797ab8d7.  This block was valid for some time and relayed by a majority of the network, the other part relaying an Ozcoin block.  Eventually some miner on the other side of the small fork confirmed the Ozcoin block and not ours causing a tiny reorg event.  CPPSRB attempts to confirm orphaned blocks several ways for security.  Our bitcoind accepted the orphaning, but a secondary bitcoind had not yet done so.  Since our block was valid longer than the preset time in the code and there were conflicting responses the code paused pending human intervention/confirmation before potentially allowing incorrect payouts in case the reward system decided on the incorrect chain.

In both instances no data was lost, miscalculated, or otherwise damaged/incorrect.  All miners have been rewarded appropriately.  A manual payout of about 169 BTC was sent in transaction 24cdb8c009a77327f2e4833b2b729655f922c81243d6d2ea03744162dec4b87b to appropriately catch up the payout queue for the blocks which paid the pool's cold wallet while the reward system was paused along with some miners who entered the payout queue by setting low minimum payouts.

-wk

WinTame2012

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 03:50:33 AM

Yes. Doing 'fixes' (of that wasn't broken) on the live pool was very smart move. The consequences followed quickly.
Enough is enough.

wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:53:04 AM

Yes. Doing 'fixes' (of that wasn't broken) on the live pool was very smart move. The consequences followed quickly.
Enough is enough.

I do not even have the slightest clue what you're even trying to refer to here, especially since I always explain the pool operations in great detail.  See my previous post.

WinTame2012

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 04:02:46 AM

Wizkid,

I compared the 'Shares Rewarded' numbers with several random miner's workers who was below and above me in TOP-20 list. They all have 94% to 95%. And only my worker have 84% of shares rewarded. I want to emphasize that I haven't stopped mining till today's post and mined at a sustained rate for a week before.

I think during the manual payout routine you've underpaid my reward. Probably, by human error.

wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 04:39:06 AM

Wizkid,

I compared the 'Shares Rewarded' numbers with several random miner's workers who was below and above me in TOP-20 list. They all have 94% to 95%. And only my worker have 84% of shares rewarded. I want to emphasize that I haven't stopped mining till today's post and mined at a sustained rate for a week before.

I think during the manual payout routine you've underpaid my reward. Probably, by human error.

Shares rewarded % will be different for almost every miner.  Find another one who started mining at the same time as you and you will find that they have close to the same %. The % depends almost entirely on when you were mining and how lucky the pool was at that time. Not hashrate.  Notice that most of the top miners have been mining here longer than you and have allowed time for their percentage to benefit from the decreased variance that only comes with time.

I even found one for you who started at almost the same time, @ 84.56%.  Look at their balance graph.  They have a much lower hashrate and yet their balance graph looks almost the same as yours (visually not numeric).

Heres another that started at about the same time with a less than steady hashrate: 1Ct7D56ctYGizhrfqi1tTBQHZz3zEnT4zp stats @ 85.06%
And another: 1HMuMhDqVuJUAVUBGyobgJLKprtpD5jUKX stats @ 83.84%
And yet another: 1mPNut4hW6nToqad8wLhMV9ZxXFx36Fmk stats @ 87.11%

Everyone who started mining at that time (before the recent unlucky run) will have about the same % paid so far until the pool gets a little luck and can pay more of the shelved shares.

There is no human error involved, either.  When I use the term "manual payout", I refer to sending the payout via a normal sendmany payment instead of directly from generated coins.  The CPPSRB reward system still calculates and prepares the sendmany for the payment itself.  (For anyone who cares, here is the actual sendmany json for the latest: http://vpn.wizkid057.com/manualpay091113.txt.)

Again, please, I beg you, read and understand the FAQ on the CPPSRB Reward System before you make any more posts here and continue to waste my time.

-wk

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:41:42 AM

Wow, terrible luck at the moment.  Angry
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 11:35:56 AM

I think you are doing a great job. Once i reach roi, i will start paying constantly to you.
I think it is good that you are answering questions here in such detail, it really increases your credibility.
Sad to see though how people with such negligence can burst such accusations.
Chin up. Keep calm. Smiley
Is there anywhere where one can read about your infrastructure? I mean, what are your preventions to DDOS attacks and such? As i believe this could be targets for upcoming rogue pools to sink all other pools. Or will that have no effect on their own mining?
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 12:33:02 PM

CPPSRB is a good system.

Society doesn't scale.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 01:34:59 PM

Something I mentioned on IRC:

It would be nice to offer people some compensation for their shelved shares.  That way, you can get paid immediately by selling your shelved shares to another buyer.  Similar to selling bad debt, in the real world.

Each shelved share is worth more, the closer to the top of the stack you go.  Therefore, you would want to give some indication how close to the top of the stack are the shelved shares for which you are bidding.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:11:48 PM

It would be nice to offer people some compensation for their shelved shares.  That way, you can get paid immediately by selling your shelved shares to another buyer.  Similar to selling bad debt, in the real world.

Each shelved share is worth more, the closer to the top of the stack you go.  Therefore, you would want to give some indication how close to the top of the stack are the shelved shares for which you are bidding.

+1000

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:42:25 PM

Huh?

Default payout, 0.17219640 BTC total, and it says this:

Code:
Estimated Position in Payout Queue
Approximately 0.00000000 BTC remaining to enter payout queue. Maintaining your 3 hour hashrate average, this will take at least another a few seconds at current network difficulty of 86933017.77.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 04:10:49 PM

It would be nice to offer people some compensation for their shelved shares.  That way, you can get paid immediately by selling your shelved shares to another buyer.  Similar to selling bad debt, in the real world.

Each shelved share is worth more, the closer to the top of the stack you go.  Therefore, you would want to give some indication how close to the top of the stack are the shelved shares for which you are bidding.

Probably going to be taking a closer look at this in the near future.  My main concerns are the security implications of allowing the transferring of shares in the first place.

Huh?

Default payout, 0.17219640 BTC total, and it says this:

Code:
Estimated Position in Payout Queue
Approximately 0.00000000 BTC remaining to enter payout queue. Maintaining your 3 hour hashrate average, this will take at least another a few seconds at current network difficulty of 86933017.77.

I'll assume this has corrected itself by now.  Generally this happens in the time the payout queue list is cached and the balances list is cached with slightly newer data.

CPPSRB is a good system.

It definitely is! Smiley

-wk

2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 10:02:49 PM

Hey what about the reserve... AFAIK when the pool is lucky the extra coins are stored in cold storage and manually redistributed... is that correct ?!

wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:04:05 PM

Hey what about the reserve... AFAIK when the pool is lucky the extra coins are stored in cold storage and manually redistributed... is that correct ?!

Technically yes, but there are enough pool-wide shelved shares to ensure that the pool is not likely to have any "reserve" and time soon.

-wk

WinTame2012

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 01:30:59 AM

CPPSRB is a good system.
Definitely is. It costs me BTC2.51 to prove it is. I'm happy  Embarrassed

Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: