Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:38:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 02:59:34 PM

@Rob: The biblepay Homepage says there is a Version 1.0.8.6 available, but I can't find it in the git.
Should I build 1.0.8.5b for Ubuntu, or wait until 10.8.6 is in the git repo?
Updated it to 1.0.8.6 this morning, after I realized you needed distinct versions.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:01:34 PM

we need node multi hashing....

we can do proposal for it and paid for it €/$

owner of pool looks if he can add to his pools

LOL, biblepay will never work that way.  You need the full node to hash the KJV bible.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
joelles

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:02:18 PM

The pool did find 4 or so blocks through the night.

The issue is that bug I was talking about yesterday, where we now have a much larger solution being posted also affected the payment system (thats a service on the pool).  

Im debugging the issue now.

The pool will be fixed within an hour, from the looks of the problem it should be relatively easy to fix.

Ok, pool is paying again now and back payments paid.  Sorry for the inconvenience,  the large headers were really an unexpected change that impacted the pool side.

So right now I am looking back at our initiative to find why the pool is finding less and less, the imitative to provide distinct block templates and ensure the pool users are all hashing distinct work.

Also did you see the suggestion for getitng listed on yobit? what do you think? we can pool fees and pay back next superblock or i dont know how much is left in budget for this kind of stuff

I have added a feature into 1.0.8.5 that asks the miner to make a .01 cent BBP tx paid to yourself, in an attempt to make a distinct block template per miner.  I will be adding a field to getmininginfo in about 30 minutes to test this out.  I just wanted to make you all aware its there (when you receive a .01 cent tx to yourself when you find a block), it is to try to help us pool mine more efficiently.  

I am also going back to One pool address (BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL) for the time being.  I'm working hard to isolate the blockhash itself, to know for sure that each miner is doing unique work.  Once we know for sure this is happening we can focus on other aspects.

Good news.
OK so I can push updates to all my miners now?
Hopefully we can get everything functional as before christmas Rob, it would be very nice.

As for the fraudster question, I ment the HK ip with the issues you mentioned about sending only half solutions or something like that. im not very technical in that aspect
svirusxxx2

Activity: 89
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:02:35 PM

we need node multi hashing....

we can do proposal for it and paid for it €/$

owner of pool looks if he can add to his pools

I will receive answer tonight from the guy
is not good to ask pool to add coins before we add kjv to open source mining platforms.
If some pool owner write it itself, and don't push code to github, then it will be only one who have mining software :/

BTW: half masternodes is in new version:
70715 49
70714 52

I added  version distribution to https://biblepay.eu/ Wink

Biblepay masternodes status and monitoring (https://biblepay.eu/)
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:06:02 PM

To everyone talking about NOMP, if NOMP was possible I would have written the original pool in NOMP.

There are massive things missing.  One there is no hash function in python that is going to get you the biblehash.

Two, there is no software (like cgminer or sgminer) that is going to interact with NOMP.

If you think I did that bad of a job with the pool, I think you should find another community.

Ill fix the pool software if its not working properly, as it has historically worked with over 98% uptime and I kept it maintained, and after 1/2 day of being behind you are talking about porting it to NOMP.  Shameful.

Anyway, do whatever you want, its not going to work and Im not going to help code pieces of the core client to work with it, as the pool does a lot more than you think it does.  It is also a hub for adding orphan features.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:10:12 PM

The issue is that bug I was talking about yesterday, where we now have a much larger solution being posted also affected the payment system (thats a service on the pool).  

The pool will be fixed within an hour, from the looks of the problem it should be relatively easy to fix.

Ok, pool is paying again now and back payments paid.  Sorry for the inconvenience,  the large headers were really an unexpected change that impacted the pool side.

So right now I am looking back at our initiative to find why the pool is finding less and less, the imitative to provide distinct block templates and ensure the pool users are all hashing distinct work.

Also did you see the suggestion for getitng listed on yobit? what do you think? we can pool fees and pay back next superblock or i dont know how much is left in budget for this kind of stuff

I have added a feature into 1.0.8.5 that asks the miner to make a .01 cent BBP tx paid to yourself, in an attempt to make a distinct block template per miner.  I will be adding a field to getmininginfo in about 30 minutes to test this out.  I just wanted to make you all aware its there (when you receive a .01 cent tx to yourself when you find a block), it is to try to help us pool mine more efficiently.  

I am also going back to One pool address (BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL) for the time being.  I'm working hard to isolate the blockhash itself, to know for sure that each miner is doing unique work.  Once we know for sure this is happening we can focus on other aspects.

Good news.
Hopefully we can get everything functional as before christmas Rob, it would be very nice.

As for the fraudster question, I ment the HK ip with the issues you mentioned about sending only half solutions or something like that. im not very technical in that aspect

Oh, OK sorry, I misinterpreted what you said, I apologize.

I thought you were saying the pool stole the money through the night, lol. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:10:34 PM

Updated it to 1.0.8.6 this morning, after I realized you needed distinct versions.

Ah ok Smiley I have uploaded 1.0.8.6 to Launchpad and it's compiling now

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
joelles

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:13:04 PM

Good news.

Oh, OK sorry, I misinterpreted what you said, I apologize.

I thought you were saying the pool stole the money through the night, lol. 

no problem, my apologies too for the bad sentence. I read it afterwards and it looked like it was directed to you.
Anyways thanks for update on pool all functional.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:13:36 PM

Thanks!  Just an FYI, Im going to have a 1087 out there in a half hour, but its only to add a block test harness to the client so we can glean insight into what the client is hashing on, if we adjust the timestamp to a grid (IE a snap to grid timestamp) and a 0 nonce.  I just want to ensure that Client A, B, C are all hashing unique base blocks.  So please disregard it.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
joelles

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:14:56 PM

Thanks!  Just an FYI, Im going to have a 1087 out there in a half hour, but its only to add a block test harness to the client so we can glean insight into what the client is hashing on, if we adjust the timestamp to a grid (IE a snap to grid timestamp) and a 0 nonce.  I just want to ensure that Client A, B, C are all hashing unique base blocks.  So please disregard it.

So no need to update to 87?
joelles

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:21:00 PM

On other hand, C-CEX looks like it is going to pull a bitconnect.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418700.2860

Not faith in this exchange anymore.

PLEASE people can we find an exchange to list us? I suggested yobit and pool for the 0.1btc fee!
svirusxxx2

Activity: 89
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:24:07 PM

To everyone talking about NOMP, if NOMP was possible I would have written the original pool in NOMP.

There are massive things missing.  One there is no hash function in python that is going to get you the biblehash.

Two, there is no software (like cgminer or sgminer) that is going to interact with NOMP.

If you think I did that bad of a job with the pool, I think you should find another community.

Ill fix the pool software if its not working properly, as it has historically worked with over 98% uptime and I kept it maintained, and after 1/2 day of being behind you are talking about porting it to NOMP.  Shameful.

Anyway, do whatever you want, its not going to work and Im not going to help code pieces of the core client to work with it, as the pool does a lot more than you think it does.  It is also a hub for adding orphan features.

I need only alternative pool software to run in on Linux Wink
Maybe I will try write something by myself and use getminingtemplate to prepare shares to send.

Biblepay masternodes status and monitoring (https://biblepay.eu/)
SEO_Account

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:29:13 PM

Thank you for all your hard work Rob. I don't mind the occasional bump in the road. Is a P2Pool possible with biblepay?
SEO_Account

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:31:14 PM

PLEASE people can we find an exchange to list us? I suggested yobit and pool for the 0.1btc fee!

I just withdrew litecoin from c-cex easily no reason to have coin on there unless biblepay is out of maintenance mode. I happened to withdraw from coinsmarkets HOURS before they went down very lucky.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:36:26 PM

I think we should give them 30 more days, give them benefit of the doubt.

I think he must be back in the office because 7 days ago, bitcoin withdrawals were blocked, now BTC withdrawals opened (I pulled the compassion.com funds out a few days ago).

The issue where support banned the XVG user for being rude, the thing is CCEX has a few volunteers manning the troll box and they have the power to do that, so its not necessarily CCEX trying to squelch anyone.

As far as BBP goes, I could not create a ticket to bring us back online because the ticket queue is FULL right now (and could not during vacation, because it was DISABLED then), LOL.  So that leads me to believe the backlog is still High.

I added a few messages to skype this morning to bring us back up.  I think when he reads them he will get to us in due time, we are such a small fish.

Why would he want to kill his cash cow now, after finally getting out of debt.  I understand people who are not God Fearing would just steal the entire exchange funds, but I have not gotten that impression when talking to Yuri, he actually seemed to care about the users after the initial break in a couple years ago. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:37:41 PM

Thank you for all your hard work Rob. I don't mind the occasional bump in the road. Is a P2Pool possible with biblepay?
Why do you ask about p2pool, is the pool not good enough?  If its not good enough, what is the problem with it?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:41:41 PM

So no need to update to 87?

No, this is just going to be so I can push it to 5 or so boxes and watch the hash base.  Ill explain it after I see that it works, and you can post yours for diagnostic purposes, but its not ready yet.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:44:09 PM

<cut short>

I'm not sure who was the target of the answer, or if i understand the position of everybody right, so here are only my thoughts:
My interest in offering an alternative to the current pool (software) comes from the requests heard over the last month (it is a todo in reddit, too). While I'm not really sure what the personal reasons for these requests are in detail, it sounded like a reasonable request to have more pools available, as the coin grows. That started my interest here.

Now we could use the current pool software for more pools, but there are points that might have stopped others from using it already:
- It is windows only, which excludes the large group of linux/unix admins (my personal reason)
- It contain a lot of additional features, that a second pool doesn't need, or even shouldn't have (only the main pool should have the orphan letters)
- Some might be put off my other factors, like a personal distaste of the UI system (mixed bag for me. For me, it is to JS heavy. But it works)

For me, the current short downtime have no meaning in all of this, as I started looking into the topic shortly before I wrote the "Idea for two proposals" topic in the Forum (http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=79.0) 10 days ago. I do not want to replace the current pool, or anything like that, for me it is only an additional option for biblepay, that might help in making it more attractive to more people.

It is clear that another pool software will need a lot of special code. My plan at the moment is writing a bridge that requires NO changes on the client, only on the server side. To understand the required code for that, I'm digging deep into the current pool software and other external pool software.
Indeed, that will require do understand the current pool better, but I hope that I will be allowed to asked some stupid questions in the process, as I really do not want to "bring the current pool down" or anything Smiley

Hope that made it a little bit more clear, and there is no bad blood about that topic, as I do not want to create any discrepancies with my work here.

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
SEO_Account

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:44:50 PM

Why do you ask about p2pool, is the pool not good enough?  If its not good enough, what is the problem with it?

Like I said I have no problem with the pool or minor issues/downtime occurring along the way. I am about to deploy 24 miners and maybe some cloud miners for pool. But it is always better to have multiple options though no? On Reddit it says help out/work to do "2nd pool".
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:47:58 PM

"At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do!" - Luke 10:21

We thank you Father, Lord of the universe and all that exists, for blessing this project, for being generous to us and guiding us to be generous to others. Please continue to bless the children, and bring our attention to things that are truly important. In Jesus's Holy name we pray ... Amen.
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: