Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:09:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:05:42 PM

I'm really glad to see that over the last few hours the pool seems to make up on his deficit of hitting blocks; really nice coin output so far and big thanks to Rob for his dedication and his patience in keeping up with all the complaints. Wink

Another big thanks goes out to Lichtsucher for his amazing efforts in generating the BBP apt package, especially the ARM version! I gave it a try on the Raspberry and it works like a charm. Before it took approx. 4-5 hours to install BBP on a Pi 3 (without GUI!) and then 1.5-2 hours for building every update, which was quite exhausting...
Now with the repository in hand I managed to start mining on the Pi 3 in less than 10 minutes! Another big advantage is that the package installation does not need the 1-2 GB "biblepay" folder, so it saves a lot of microSD space. (Unfortunately I am very busy at the moment, but when I find the time I will try to get BBP running on a minimal Ubuntu ARM system, maybe condensing the whole system to a 2 or 4GB SD card).
I see that you started a proposal for your work on the repository and package. I am far away from being a MN owner but I would definitely give you 10 upvotes for that.  Grin

God bless all the people dedicating time and effort on this project!

Regarding the pool "shares": I think right now they are at the absolute minimum of what they should be (I'm sorry, I have no clue about the technical or mathematical aspects going into this...) because from time to time my weak miners (DualCores or Raspberry Pi) disappear completely (but then show up again some time later...).  Wink

Thanks for the update, and I agree, people need to realize Lichtsucher's PPM project is very valuable for Biblepay.

Regarding pool shares, I will make an attempt to see what the ratio of bad share submissions is next.

Our diff is really rising quickly over the last 2 days.  Our diff is up from 500 to 1500 on average.

People need to realize how relative the leaderboard is.  Now that 1.0.8.6 is out, a lot of the pool users are hitting the pool with complete packets, as you can see with the Hong Kong mining operation deleted from the pool - and it looks as if they never came back (we had 3400 miners, now we have 2345), the leaderboard changed slightly but its still relative. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:07:52 PM

Does anyone know what is the status of CCEX fixing the wallet?
Got all my BBP stuck there for 2m now.

Crypto Brige is a great exchange 1 BTC is still a cheap price to pay for listing there.
In a few month it will be 5 BTC+ with the way things are going.
I tried to skype again this morning, no reply.  Emails:  No reply.

Huh

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
zurg

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:14:26 PM

Does anyone know what is the status of CCEX fixing the wallet?
Got all my BBP stuck there for 2m now.

Crypto Brige is a great exchange 1 BTC is still a cheap price to pay for listing there.
In a few month it will be 5 BTC+ with the way things are going.
I tried to skype again this morning, no reply.  Emails:  No reply.

Huh

Thanks for the update.
I am beginning to think that the whole 30+ day "vacation" is really a 30+ head start to close shop and leave the infrastructure on autopilot to get even more time to disappear.
Hope I am wrong on this.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:20:57 PM

Btw, update on 1.0.8.7:
1.0.8.6 is still all you need to pool mine properly (it includes the extended solution packet) and its also all you need to avoid crashes - for the sanctuaries (it includes the line of code that allows a Sanc to handle a missing vote.  If you are wondering How that is even possible, its because Dash fixed the issue in Evolution while we fixed it in a version that was pre-evolution, and its slightly different code, but it works now).  Anyway my point is 1.0.8.6 fixes the sanctuary crash and allows you to pool mine after block 27500.  

1.0.8.7 only adds one debug field to getmininginfo.  This field allowed me to install biblepay on some reference machines, and simulate a new block with a static timestamp and a 0 nonce - to see if the base block hash could be made unique.  It worked, as long as you have more than 1 bbp in the wallet, the packet is unique.  (Another words, a botnet with 0 in the wallet will have a propensity to mine less efficiently if they all create the same base blockhashes).  The test succeeded, and I believe anyone mining on 1.0.8.6 with more than 1 bbp will be mining distinct packets (IE helping us drive up the difficulty and solve pool shares).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
svirusxxx2

Activity: 89
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:24:07 PM

For all Sancturies!
I just end write page with masternodes notification center.

https://biblepay.eu/
After registration is ended, you can add masternode to monitoring.
Every one minute system compare actual and last status.
If it change, then system send email (one time only).

It's free for all!
any donation will be appreciated Wink

If You will have some problem, please send information.
It will be writed from scratch so maybe there is some little bugs Wink

Great job, Virus! I gave you one humble merit point and I will donate some BBP soon. Smiley

Thanks Smiley

This service I will not put as opensource, couse there is alot of my personal code used in many production services,
but some standalone system (with memcached or file based data) I will put very soon in open-source on github.

Biblepay masternodes status and monitoring (https://biblepay.eu/)
hkalvin

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:26:46 PM

Alright, the new core wallet is almost ready, but don't feel overly rushed as this version requires a mandatory upgrade for pool miners only before block 27500.  If you have a lot of pool miners to upgrade you can start pulling down the linux version (1084) now, but I will announce the release soon (when windows is ready).

So now that the upgrade is almost ready, Ill go into a little more detail as to why the 5 accounts were banned.

I have reason to believe one Hong Kong mining operation has been falsifying partial pool solution packets that hit as share solutions.  Basically they are running the PCs in parallel and finding the distinct biblehash, and then leaving the thread in solo mining mode for a certain percentage of the time so as to trick the pool only when it asks how the thread is doing.

So this caused me to write a report on any miner who has not been solving actual blocks (IE MinerWhoFoundBlock) and therefore I banned all miners who have more than 10 machines pointed at the pool who have not found a block in 90 days.

Now we require a more enhanced solution, containing the entire block and the entire coinbase transaction hex, and the biblehash, using this info we will verify that if the block was solved at that particular second, that the pool would have been compensated and that the nonce is correct.  We will now verify the solutions within 5 seconds also, so as to require real-time mining of the partial solution (preventing Hong Kong miners from pre-creating future solutions in the past).

After this release I will unlock the banned accounts that still exist (the Hong Kong accounts have been deleted) but you will need to re-create all your miners records.

So, Why I still can't login? You doubt that I am a miner of Hong Kong mining operation? Huh
I believe this will be a big misunderstanding if you used a personal domain name to make a judgments. Embarrassed
Today's society, the domain not just for business use only, everyone can buy domain for personal to be more convenient to own-self.

Please do not ignore me, why just is my account can't login but my friend still normal mining. Cry

Lichtsucher

Activity: 219
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:34:31 PM

Another big thanks goes out to Lichtsucher for his amazing efforts in generating the BBP apt package, especially the ARM version! I gave it a try on the Raspberry and it works like a charm. Before it took approx. 4-5 hours to install BBP on a Pi 3 (without GUI!) and then 1.5-2 hours for building every update, which was quite exhausting...
I see that you started a proposal for your work on the repository and package. I am far away from being a MN owner but I would definitely give you 10 upvotes for that.  Grin

Thx a lot for your nice words, dave Smiley And it's very good to know that the arm packages work, I couldn't test them and hoped the best. Sour feedback helps a lot Cheesy

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:43:17 PM

- Listing on the top 5 exchanges:  Both fell through.  I lost my personal 3.5btc on the deal
 Grin Grin suprise? no ... listingcalendar coins to exchanges working ...

SEO_Account

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:57:35 PM

Btw, update on 1.0.8.7:
1.0.8.6 is still all you need to pool mine properly (it includes the extended solution packet) and its also all you need to avoid crashes - for the sanctuaries (it includes the line of code that allows a Sanc to handle a missing vote.  If you are wondering How that is even possible, its because Dash fixed the issue in Evolution while we fixed it in a version that was pre-evolution, and its slightly different code, but it works now).  Anyway my point is 1.0.8.6 fixes the sanctuary crash and allows you to pool mine after block 27500.  

1.0.8.7 only adds one debug field to getmininginfo.  This field allowed me to install biblepay on some reference machines, and simulate a new block with a static timestamp and a 0 nonce - to see if the base block hash could be made unique.  It worked, as long as you have more than 1 bbp in the wallet, the packet is unique.  (Another words, a botnet with 0 in the wallet will have a propensity to mine less efficiently if they all create the same base blockhashes).  The test succeeded, and I believe anyone mining on 1.0.8.6 with more than 1 bbp will be mining distinct packets (IE helping us drive up the difficulty and solve pool shares).

So I should add at least 1 BBP to all my miners?

I can also add some miners to testnet if still needed? but I won't have any tBBP can someone help with that?
Hardijs

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:00:47 PM

I can also add some miners to testnet if still needed? but I won't have any tBBP can someone help with that?

What is your tBBP wallet address?
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:17:28 PM

"- Yobit: If you all give them a 5, I think we should go for it."

I agree.

As for the 0.1 BTC / approx $1200 USD payment to the YoBit exchange ... I will set up a group fund for contributions. Payments can be made in BBP, PayPal and several major credit cards. Each contributor will be refunded after the next proposal/budget process.  I will post a link when the YoBit fund is up, should be ready later today.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:21:10 PM

I started by contacting uquid for debit card integration but still have not been able to find the status of visa integration for new communities:

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your contact.

We are currently changing our card vendor and this may take a few weeks. During this transition period we are not seeking to expand support for further cryptocurrencies. However, once we have our new card set up and distributed to all of our present customers, we will look at this.

Kind regards,

Mark Green
Customer Service Rep.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:25:57 PM

Alright, the new core wallet is almost ready, but don't feel overly rushed as this version requires a mandatory upgrade for pool miners only before block 27500.  If you have a lot of pool miners to upgrade you can start pulling down the linux version (1084) now, but I will announce the release soon (when windows is ready).

So now that the upgrade is almost ready, Ill go into a little more detail as to why the 5 accounts were banned.

I have reason to believe one Hong Kong mining operation has been falsifying partial pool solution packets that hit as share solutions.  Basically they are running the PCs in parallel and finding the distinct biblehash, and then leaving the thread in solo mining mode for a certain percentage of the time so as to trick the pool only when it asks how the thread is doing.

So this caused me to write a report on any miner who has not been solving actual blocks (IE MinerWhoFoundBlock) and therefore I banned all miners who have more than 10 machines pointed at the pool who have not found a block in 90 days.

Now we require a more enhanced solution, containing the entire block and the entire coinbase transaction hex, and the biblehash, using this info we will verify that if the block was solved at that particular second, that the pool would have been compensated and that the nonce is correct.  We will now verify the solutions within 5 seconds also, so as to require real-time mining of the partial solution (preventing Hong Kong miners from pre-creating future solutions in the past).

After this release I will unlock the banned accounts that still exist (the Hong Kong accounts have been deleted) but you will need to re-create all your miners records.

So, Why I still can't login? You doubt that I am a miner of Hong Kong mining operation? Huh
I believe this will be a big misunderstanding if you used a personal domain name to make a judgments. Embarrassed
Today's society, the domain not just for business use only, everyone can buy domain for personal to be more convenient to own-self.

Please do not ignore me, why just is my account can't login but my friend still normal mining. Cry

Im sorry about that, I dont mean to come across as racist.  I made a rash decision a few nights back and deleted the 5 Hong Kong accounts who appeared to be in my list who did not solve a block in 90 days.  So, I might have deleted you. 

Please PM your username and email and then you can start over, as long as you are running 1.0.8.6+.

Rob

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:29:14 PM

Btw, update on 1.0.8.7:

I recommend adding 10-100 bbp in random amounts to active miners as you upgrade to 1086+.

Its not going to be a magic hash increase, but what that will do is ensure your base block hash is unique globally, and what that will do is as that unique miner increments its nonces and timestamps, it is not going to interfere with any other miner systemwide.  And as a community that is important, because that will solve more pool blocks and cause the diff to rise (which helps squeeze out the botnet who may be mining with 0 bbp). 

Sure post tBBP address there and I will send you some.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
SEO_Account

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:44:58 PM

Sure post tBBP address there and I will send you some.

Ok I will post tBBP addresses once I have my system set up. Making the network cables now first time doing it so I have to learn first lol.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:50:24 PM

So now falling back to our humble beginnings... sigh.... Wait thats great!  Scanning my inbox for the last part of the deal with coinexchange.io.

"L." from coinexchange sent me a freshdesk ticket # 17166:

Hi Biblepay,

Yes, we can guarantee listing, if we from degree didn't we would of course refund it.

Sincerely,

CoinExchange.io Support Team

Ticket: https://coinexchangeio.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/17166

He sent this 50 days ago and asked for 2 BTC to be listed on coinexchange.  Of course with the other funds tied up, I didnt jump on it.  
So thats where we are on this one.  I sent him an email asking if the deal is still good.

We would need a fundraiser for this if we did it.  Ill ask him if he will take payments.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
ALTJ1990

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:32:40 PM

So now falling back to our humble beginnings... sigh.... Wait thats great!  Scanning my inbox for the last part of the deal with coinexchange.io.

"L." from coinexchange sent me a freshdesk ticket # 17166:

Hi Biblepay,

Yes, we can guarantee listing, if we from degree didn't we would of course refund it.

Sincerely,

CoinExchange.io Support Team

Ticket: https://coinexchangeio.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/17166

He sent this 50 days ago and asked for 2 BTC to be listed on coinexchange.  Of course with the other funds tied up, I didnt jump on it.  
So thats where we are on this one.  I sent him an email asking if the deal is still good.

We would need a fundraiser for this if we did it.  Ill ask him if he will take payments.

I have a huge stack of Vietnamese cash do a fundraiser 1 guess is x amount of BTC, 10 guesses + 1 free etc https://imgur.com/a/9tzk3 like a lotto. I have accumulated it for 1 year it has 2000. 1000, 500, 200 notes. I will not state what so even the devs can have some fun buying tickets :-) I will eventually give it to an orphange or shelter when I move on from Vietnam teaching. Maybe a nice thing for you to raise funds and create a community competition or something that could help get our reach out to more interests in the process
hkalvin

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:56:59 PM

Im sorry about that, I dont mean to come across as racist.  I made a rash decision a few nights back and deleted the 5 Hong Kong accounts who appeared to be in my list who did not solve a block in 90 days.  So, I might have deleted you. 

Please PM your username and email and then you can start over, as long as you are running 1.0.8.6+.

Rob

Hi, Rob

I sent email and PM to you , please help resume back my account, thanks. Smiley

aikida3k

Activity: 180

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:17:14 PM

Dear Rob and biblepay community,

I haven't had the chance to follow along with the posts for the past week or more, but I see there is still talk of getting on other exchanges.  I would like for Rob and the community to give feedback on whether the idea of running our own exchange seems desirable or not?  As for myself, I would like to see biblepay run its own exchange that closes for 24 hours over the weekend to respect the Sabbath.  I think that would really bless this project and help it greatly.  For a coin that wants to serve a Godly purpose, I think it is important to respect the Sabbath.  I am not suggesting stopping the blockchain, but only halting trading for a 24 hour period.  I don't know what the personnel or bugetary requirements for this would be, but I think it is worth considering.  What does everyone think?  

With all respect to other beliefs, respecting the Sabbath is a jewish mandate. Us Christians respect Sundays, as they are the Lord's Day, the day Jesus resurrected, thus abrogating the Mosaic law.

Anyway I agree with the ones that think that running an exchange is calling for hackers, problems, and beyond the scope of BBP project.

My thoughts on these issues:

- The sabbath:  I agree, Jesus ended the law and created the church and Christianity, and we are to pick up our cross daily.  Its not necessary to keep one particular day holy, we are to follow all of Jesus' commandments.

- Running our own exchange:  After seeing the viruses uploaded into childrens letters, and the hot wallet being stolen by the hackers, I am *very* reluctant to write an exchange in the pool.  And as another said, US regulation is tough, so it could not be done by us.  

Mathew 5:17
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus did not teach to do away with the 10 Commandments.  He didn't teach to blasphemy, be an idolater, to steal, to lie, to covet.  Likewise we should still strive to keep the Sabbath holy whether it is on a Saturday or a Sunday.  I'm not perfect at it, so I won't cast that stone, but I know it isn't holy to trade over the Sabbath- the financial markets don't trade over the Sabbath; it doesn't have to be done.  There are people who criticize this project that feel there is something wrong with it.  Many of them say it is like the Temple money changers which is incorrect.  But the issue with the Sabbath is a real issue that it would be good to be dealt with.  I feel that if that issue were dealt with one could honestly and openly talk about this project in a church.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:48:37 PM

Dear Rob and biblepay community,

I haven't had the chance to follow along with the posts for the past week or more, but I see there is still talk of getting on other exchanges.  I would like for Rob and the community to give feedback on whether the idea of running our own exchange seems desirable or not?  As for myself, I would like to see biblepay run its own exchange that closes for 24 hours over the weekend to respect the Sabbath.  I think that would really bless this project and help it greatly.  For a coin that wants to serve a Godly purpose, I think it is important to respect the Sabbath.  I am not suggesting stopping the blockchain, but only halting trading for a 24 hour period.  I don't know what the personnel or bugetary requirements for this would be, but I think it is worth considering.  What does everyone think?  

With all respect to other beliefs, respecting the Sabbath is a jewish mandate. Us Christians respect Sundays, as they are the Lord's Day, the day Jesus resurrected, thus abrogating the Mosaic law.

Anyway I agree with the ones that think that running an exchange is calling for hackers, problems, and beyond the scope of BBP project.

My thoughts on these issues:

- The sabbath:  I agree, Jesus ended the law and created the church and Christianity, and we are to pick up our cross daily.  Its not necessary to keep one particular day holy, we are to follow all of Jesus' commandments.

- Running our own exchange:  After seeing the viruses uploaded into childrens letters, and the hot wallet being stolen by the hackers, I am *very* reluctant to write an exchange in the pool.  And as another said, US regulation is tough, so it could not be done by us.  

Mathew 5:17
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus did not teach to do away with the 10 Commandments.  He didn't teach to blasphemy, be an idolater, to steal, to lie, to covet.  Likewise we should still strive to keep the Sabbath holy whether it is on a Saturday or a Sunday.  I'm not perfect at it, so I won't cast that stone, but I know it isn't holy to trade over the Sabbath- the financial markets don't trade over the Sabbath; it doesn't have to be done.  There are people who criticize this project that feel there is something wrong with it.  Many of them say it is like the Temple money changers which is incorrect.  But the issue with the Sabbath is a real issue that it would be good to be dealt with.  I feel that if that issue were dealt with one could honestly and openly talk about this project in a church.

I refuse to argue with you about this, but I also refuse to sit back and stay silent (and the inference that I am setting a blasphemous standard).

Jesus healed on the sabbath, because he had the authority to END the Mosaic law at the end of his ministry.  The Law was meant for the Jews, and the same law that was taught : a tooth for a tooth, an eye for an eye, was Changed by Jesus : He said I say to you in stead, turn the other cheek.  Remember the scope in which you posted the above- Jesus kept the commandments because he respected the authority and lived under Moses laws.  He came to fulfill and end the law.

Jesus has the authority to end the law - and he started his own list of concise commandments.  Love one another as yourself, Ill post them all.

Yes, It is true that he said to keep the commandments, because he lived in a time where he followed those during that particular period.

What I am saying is if you are going to keep the sabbath law, then you need to be keeping every ultra orthodox jewish law also, there are a hundred, which I know is impossible if we were to go through them.  Christians are NOT asked to be ultra orthodox jews!  Christ died for our sins!  He paid that in full!  If you disregard that gift, that is a slap in the face of Jesus.

Jesus did not say that we are commanded to go to a brick and mortar church on Sunday.  He said in the book of acts we should be starting our own churches - and healing one another - and helping and loving one another - every day - and picking up our cross - every day.

Read this first:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Sabbath-keeping.html

Then read Jesus version of the commandments here:
http://jesus-christ.us/JesusConciseCommandments.htm

And then realize Jesus actually has more commandments than God originally intended for the Jews.  And they are distinct from the 10 commandments.

You are stepping into dangerous territory when worshiping as Seventh-Day-Adventist churches do and bringing the calendar in.  Its deprioritizing what Christianity is, and going back to the law is ignorning what Jesus commanded us to do when he Fulfilled the law when he was crucified.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: