Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:03:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:36:39 PM

Was wondering how to update MM to the latest version??!  Huh The application given in MM to update doesn't seems to work for some unknown reason.

Thanks

Personally, I just uninstall the last installed version and install the new version manually. Wink

Sorry about that - there were versions of 2.8 and older which will not prompt to upgrade to 3.0. Once you are on 3.0 it should not be an issue.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:45:15 PM

MultiMiner v3.2.2 is now available:

• Fixed a crash launching the application under Mono
  • Fixed rare InvalidOperationError
  • Check for orphaned miners now checks for all backend miners, not just BFGMiner
  • Upgrading backend miners no longer deletes OpenCL kernels (in case user has added kernels)

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:52:21 AM

Just a silly question but both machines are on the same subnet right?  Grin

Yes they are. I have them connected to a wireless router and have also tried connecting them directly to the modem/router. Everything else on the network works fine. Both machines can see each other and access & transfer files ok. As a side note (not sure if this relevant) this issue first occured after I noticed MM had crashed on one of the machines saying it couldnt find the 'coinconfiguration' file. It had obviously failed to also restore the file from backup so I had to end task and relaunch the program. It was at this stage the visibility disappeared from both machines. A complete uninstall (deleting the directories in local & roaming folders) failed to fix the issue and a complete rebuild of one has also failed to get them talking. I'm thinking this has to be some 'network discovery' issue though everything else on the networking side of things works fine  Huh

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:11:28 AM

Just a silly question but both machines are on the same subnet right?  Grin

Yes they are. I have them connected to a wireless router and have also tried connecting them directly to the modem/router. Everything else on the network works fine. Both machines can see each other and access & transfer files ok. As a side note (not sure if this relevant) this issue first occured after I noticed MM had crashed on one of the machines saying it couldnt find the 'coinconfiguration' file. It had obviously failed to also restore the file from backup so I had to end task and relaunch the program. It was at this stage the visibility disappeared from both machines. A complete uninstall (deleting the directories in local & roaming folders) failed to fix the issue and a complete rebuild of one has also failed to get them talking. I'm thinking this has to be some 'network discovery' issue though everything else on the networking side of things works fine  Huh

Hmm, weird and yeah I watch this thread but have been puzzled with your issues especially since a fresh install did not your prob. Can you see ALL the machine in the MobileMiner or Web version? Your email/key info is applied properly?

Stumped I am.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:15:50 AM

Hmm, weird and yeah I watch this thread but have been puzzled with your issues especially since a fresh install did not your prob. Can you see ALL the machine in the MobileMiner or Web version? Your email/key info is applied properly?

Stumped I am.

Yea I can see both machines in mobileminer both from my laptop and my phone. Its just the programs dont see each other. I've just updated both machines to MM v3.2.2 & recreated the Homegroups on both machines but still no go. Got me totally miffed atm...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:36:18 AM

Stumped I am.

Yea I can see both machines in mobileminer both from my laptop and my phone. Its just the programs dont see each other. I've just updated both machines to MM v3.2.2 & recreated the Homegroups on both machines but still no go. Got me totally miffed atm...

This other machine is a GPU rig? I am not sure MultiMiner is designed to display other instances of itself on the same network like it notice an Antminer or other stand alone mining hardware. You were able to get MultiMiner to display another instance of MultiMiner running without using the stratum proxy function?

I have a GPU rig which runs MultiMiner (main instance) and that instance is set to display ALL network devices, run and USB devices and mine with GPU's. Not once have I ever seen any of my other GPU rigs display on my main instance of MultiMiner. I would verify with Nate that this option is available before you pull your hair out anymore yo  Grin I could be wrong but who knows

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:39:40 AM

I know that occaisionally mine will drop a system off MM panel even though everything is ok.  I have not had them drop completely though like you have where they do not come back.
This other machine is a GPU rig? I am not sure MultiMiner is designed to display other instances of itself on the same network like it notice an Antminer or other stand alone mining hardware. You were able to get MultiMiner to display another instance of MultiMiner running without using the stratum proxy function?

I have a GPU rig which runs MultiMiner (main instance) and that instance is set to display ALL network devices, run and USB devices and mine with GPU's. Not once have I ever seen any of my other GPU rigs display on my main instance of MultiMiner. I would verify with Nate that this option is available before you pull your hair out anymore yo  Grin I could be wrong but who knows

I have never had a problem where my GPU rigs do not see each other.

As a possible fix do you all have the latest .NET installs and updates?

Stumped I am.

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:10:37 AM

I know that occaisionally mine will drop a system off MM panel even though everything is ok.  I have not had them drop completely though like you have where they do not come back.

I have never had a problem where my GPU rigs do not see each other.

Stumped I am.

Hmmm, I may havta look into this for myself but I don't have the need for monitoring another network machine with my main instance of MultiMiner but maybe this is why my MultiMiner is crashing. My system should be up to date but sometimes those lil updates slip past

*Got LootCrate?*
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:40:58 AM

Yes, both machines are win 8.1 running the same version of .net -  I also installed MM on a laptop thats also on the network (as a test to determine if the issue is with either of my mining machines), and it doesnt see the other machines either and vice versa. I'm curious as to how MM 'detects' other machines on the network running the program now.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:34:40 AM

That is very weird. Almost like the check box and perks are not working as well as the API and email address settings.

Yes, both machines are win 8.1 running the same version of .net -  I also installed MM on a laptop thats also on the network (as a test to determine if the issue is with either of my mining machines), and it doesnt see the other machines either and vice versa. I'm curious as to how MM 'detects' other machines on the network running the program now.

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:46:05 AM

That is very weird. Almost like the check box and perks are not working as well as the API and email address settings.

I have been getting API errors and .NET crashes. I will update in the morning and poke around the settings.
Windows 8 gave me issues awhile back when using MultiMiner but that was many revisions ago and W8 not 8.1.

*Got LootCrate?*
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:40:48 AM

Ok I found the culprit! And would you believe its under 'Perks'...

Nate, perhaps this should be moved elsewhere in the program (or perhaps you could even put this and similar options under a 'networking' heading somewhere?). I only came across it by chance after reinstalling MM on one of my machines. And TBH I'm not even sure of its purpose as with it unchecked I was still able to manage my miners remotely  Huh

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:39:47 AM

That could be it or a system driver not up to date with 8.1.
So much fun with windows updates.   Tongue

I have been getting API errors and .NET crashes. I will update in the morning and poke around the settings.
Windows 8 gave me issues awhile back when using MultiMiner but that was many revisions ago and W8 not 8.1.

bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:14:19 AM

Hey guys, I'm rather curious about LasyBears SPHSGM miner... After using it, I seem to get 30% less coins then I should. My hashrate definitely goes up on the miner, my WUs go up, but on the pool my reported coin rate is no where close to what I've seen reported elsewhere (like on Coinwarz). I also receive about as much as the pool tells me, which doesn't match my hashrate.

I've tested this on dedicatedpools, suchpools, suprnova, and pool.mn. Mining x11 that essentially makes it identical to mining with SPHSGMINER and with x13 I'm actually negative. I'm not getting rejects or anything like that either.

I've been watching this for about a week or so. Is anyone else noticing anything similar to this? Don't just take the clients hashrate for granted. I know they said they removed the 'hidden fee' from the old miner, but I'm really starting to question this.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:54:58 AM

Ok, so since sorting out the Multiminer 'networking' issue I've now started noticing the program occassionally stops responding if I click between the 2 machines from within the program. The only solution I've found so far is to 'end task' and then everytime I restart it I get the following message:

"Multiminer has detected running miners that it does not own - did you want to kill them?"

I click 'yes' to this and the program relaunches fine with the miners still visible. Anyone else seeing this issue?

bittcoinn

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:02:19 PM

hey devs would it be possible to reach compatibility with zeusminer cyclone ( asic scrypt 22MH ) and other zeusminers 2now delivered by hundreds or thousands
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:59:38 PM

I know they are working on it.  Nate was not given one when they first came out to get support ready.
He has stated in the thread he has a Zeus/GAW miner coming so he can add support.
There is a fork of BFGMiner you can use that does allow it to work but it is not official yet.
Here is the thread that has the link.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=644921.0
Just replace the BFGMiner folder in you MultiMiner folder and it should work.

hey devs would it be possible to reach compatibility with zeusminer cyclone ( asic scrypt 22MH ) and other zeusminers 2now delivered by hundreds or thousands

Aurum

Activity: 453

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 03:53:01 PM

I tried moving my Red BitFurys to a different PC and they were not recognized by MuM 3.2.2 (BFGMiner 4.2.0). I uninstalled the WinUSB driver and installed something called BF1.inf and now they show up on Win7 Device Manager under Ports, COM99 through COM103. MuM only lists 3 of them but shows no hashing and their lights are not blinking. Anyone know how to get these lil' rascals runnin'  Huh

ghghghfgh
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:32:18 AM

For some reason Fury Support is now broken.  I cannot run any of them.
I am sure it will get straightened out soon.

I tried moving my Red BitFurys to a different PC and they were not recognized by MuM 3.2.2 (BFGMiner 4.2.0). I uninstalled the WinUSB driver and installed something called BF1.inf and now they show up on Win7 Device Manager under Ports, COM99 through COM103. MuM only lists 3 of them but shows no hashing and their lights are not blinking. Anyone know how to get these lil' rascals runnin'  Huh

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:53:42 AM

My interview with Nate of MultiMiner.
He gave so much great info and an insight into himself that left me even more impressed.  I will just post a quote of his here and the link to the full article.  That way I do not spam his thread.
Nate thank you so much for the interview and the great software.  You have elevated mining of crypto currencies in my opinion to something everyone can do.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/man-behind-bitcoin-mining-service-multiminer-interview-nate-woolls/2014/06/16

Could you tell me about MultiMiner and its ecosystem?

MultiMiner a program for mining essentially any digital currency with virtually any device out there. It’s a graphical program (rather than a command line utility) that displays all of your local and networked mining hardware and then lets you choose which coins you’d like to mine with them.

MobileMiner is a companion web-based service, though it does not require MultiMiner. MobileMiner lets anyone monitor and control their digital mining from a smartphone or browser, for free, without having to make any firewall changes.

Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: