Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:52:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
tsg

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:20:27 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 05:53:42 PM by tsg

Hi nwools,

will you repair soon the issue that r9 290 cards are BSODing while pressing STOP button?

Only 2.2.7 version works good (and 2.4.1 if I have good memory)
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:01:29 PM

will you repair soon the issue that r9 290 cards are BSODing while pressing STOP button?

Only 2.2.7 version works good (and 2.4.1 if I have good memory)

That was fixed in BFGMiner 3.10. In addition there's an option in MultiMiner to Terminate GPU miners, which works around the issue.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
doctormandrake

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:00:53 AM

hey just checking in if there is a way to monitor active difficulty? I remember you saying it was on the list. I was thinking, is it possible to set it up to open up, umm not sure on the word to use, so ill say "shell" (I grew up on dos) of bfgminer while multiminer is running it? like a right click toggle "shell mining program" and it opens a cmd window of what bfgminer (or whichever miner) is doing in realtime? I ask because I speculatively mine nonlisted coins solo etc and sometimes do switching, I have to open up a pool I am registered with to monitor the difficulty etc.   
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 12:11:07 AM

hey just checking in if there is a way to monitor active difficulty? I remember you saying it was on the list. I was thinking, is it possible to set it up to open up, umm not sure on the word to use, so ill say "shell" (I grew up on dos) of bfgminer while multiminer is running it? like a right click toggle "shell mining program" and it opens a cmd window of what bfgminer (or whichever miner) is doing in realtime? I ask because I speculatively mine nonlisted coins solo etc and sometimes do switching, I have to open up a pool I am registered with to monitor the difficulty etc.   

So a few things:

It's totally possible to get the difficulty from BFGMiner, I already looked into this for you and started to make some progress. Here's the problem: just because MultiMiner knows the difficulty doesn't mean it knows all of the other parameters it uses for mining: profitability, exchange rate, etc. So I guess what is the benefit there?

Next, it's not possible to display the mining window while MultiMiner is using it. I've tried and it's just not doable the way I'm wrapping input and output etc.

Finally, you can access the API though. I linked a utility several posts back:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4v0ri2ax39stgax/MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api.Client.7z

I use that to test API commands. You can run it with two arguments, the first is the port and the second is the IP. Then you just send API commands. For instance, you can type coin and hit enter to get back difficulty.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
doctormandrake

Activity: 452

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:43:29 AM

So a few things:

It's totally possible to get the difficulty from BFGMiner, I already looked into this for you and started to make some progress. Here's the problem: just because MultiMiner knows the difficulty doesn't mean it knows all of the other parameters it uses for mining: profitability, exchange rate, etc. So I guess what is the benefit there?

Next, it's not possible to display the mining window while MultiMiner is using it. I've tried and it's just not doable the way I'm wrapping input and output etc.

Finally, you can access the API though. I linked a utility several posts back:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4v0ri2ax39stgax/MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api.Client.7z

I use that to test API commands. You can run it with two arguments, the first is the port and the second is the IP. Then you just send API commands. For instance, you can type coin and hit enter to get back difficulty.

If it is possible to get the difficulty from multiminer, is it also possible to have it listed on multiminer as "active difficulty" or "miner difficulty" or somesuch?   I find myself using just bfgminer, even without some of multiminers functions (also without donating...) for the sole reason of being able to monitor the difficulty at a glance. I understand your concerns (profitability, exchange rate etc) I am specifically interested for the purpose of speculatively mining coins that have yet to be listed.(benjamins, goat and 21 coin for example) So these coins do not have profitability or exchange rate (yet) see? I have to monitor pools or use just bfgminer (which lacks some of the elegance and sophistication of your program, like mobile monitoring and setting one device to one coin etc)   I will look into that utility posted of course. To reiterate, I am not looking for this difficulty to be used in multiminers switching decisions at all (in fact that woud be a bit detrimental) I am just wondering if it is possible to be added as a toggle to get the real time difficulty of the coin being mined displayed in an intuitive fashion etc.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 01:48:27 AM

To reiterate, I am not looking for this difficulty to be used in multiminers switching decisions at all (in fact that woud be a bit detrimental) I am just wondering if it is possible to be added as a toggle to get the real time difficulty of the coin being mined displayed in an intuitive fashion etc.

That explains it nicely - thanks. Now that I understand the use it shouldn't be a problem to finish implementing.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:25:55 AM

I have a silly request but one that still could help me.
When say there is an update and MuMi closes and reopens all my setting go back to default like say I drag the border between my devices and my listed systems running MuMi on it so I can see all the rates and such.
Can there be something added to let it keep my settings if MuMi is restarted or closed and opened??

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 06:36:58 AM

When say there is an update and MuMi closes and reopens all my setting go back to default like say I drag the border between my devices and my listed systems running MuMi on it so I can see all the rates and such.
Can there be something added to let it keep my settings if MuMi is restarted or closed and opened??

Sure totally reasonable. I think there are a few UI settings I'm not saving currently. I'll get it in the next update.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:39:28 AM

Thanks that is cool.
I have been pestering DualMiner by the way to hurry up and release the scrypt side info so you guys can get support added in for it.
With any luck enough of us will get them to do so sooner.
I am not sure why they are so secretive about it unless they think someone will be able to steal secrets from them somehow.  Huh

Sure totally reasonable. I think there are a few UI settings I'm not saving currently. I'll get it in the next update.

Aurum

Activity: 453

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 12:12:34 PM

Thanks that is cool.
I have been pestering DualMiner by the way to hurry up and release the scrypt side info so you guys can get support added in for it.
I am not sure why they are so secretive about it unless they think someone will be able to steal secrets from them somehow.  Huh

At $98 the DualMiner USB at 70 kH/s will never recoup the purchase price. It has to be less than $20 to be reasonable. Why encourage its use Huh

ghghghfgh
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:15:27 PM

Simple.  I do not have enough money or BTC to buy anything more expensive and better.  I like to be able to tinker and do this as a hobby as I am disabled and I cannot do much anymore.
I wish I had about 2BTC and I would get much better gear and be able to do so much more.  This allows me to at least mine some alt coins without having to purchase a $300 GPU.
I have also clocked it to 97 kh/s a where it is running stable and no errors or rejects.  It's fun.
There are lots of us out here that this is a good way to be able to get a little in the game.
I totally understand I am not going to get a real ROI but that was not my intention.
I also love using MultiMiner as it is so simple, well maintained and robust at the same time.   I really want support for the DualMiner as I like being able to control all my gear through 1 interface and remotely monitor and even send commands.  I don't get to do that with their customer software.
Thanks

Thanks that is cool.

At $98 the DualMiner USB at 70 kH/s will never recoup the purchase price. It has to be less than $20 to be reasonable. Why encourage its use Huh

atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:56:58 PM

Great request, I have been mindlessly doing that, and didn't even think of requesting a change. Thanks!

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 06:58:31 PM

Great request, I have been mindlessly doing that, and didn't even think of requesting a change. Thanks!

Same here  Wink

brooklynite

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:37:11 PM

+1 on that. Plus an optional automatic update without human intervention is even a double +1. We trust you.
brooklynite

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:42:25 PM

nwools, Any update on allowing coin-switch from the mobile app? Is that on your to-do list?

Another request will be the ability for the APP to restart Multiminer. Three times Multiminer has crashed on me in the past 3 weeks I have been using it and stopped mining. While this is significantly better than CGMINER which was crashing once a day wuith the same exact miner settings, the ability for the app to restart itself or restart the PC would be great.

I also marked it to start when windows starts but I dont think it is working for me but I am not sure as I barely restart my rig.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:43:02 PM

Thanks guy's I thought I was the only one that it was bugging.
 Grin

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 08:58:16 PM

nwools, Any update on allowing coin-switch from the mobile app? Is that on your to-do list?

It is and is one of the next things to do.

Another request will be the ability for the APP to restart Multiminer. Three times Multiminer has crashed on me in the past 3 weeks I have been using it and stopped mining. While this is significantly better than CGMINER which was crashing once a day wuith the same exact miner settings, the ability for the app to restart itself or restart the PC would be great.

That won't work since MultiMiner is the thing that is talking to MobileMiner - if it has crashed there is nothing on the other end.

Can you check the Event Viewer in Windows (under Applications) for any crashes for MultiMiner and post those on the issues on Github:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/issues?state=open

brooklynite

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:40:18 AM

I will.

About the crash issue I think it needs to be a secondary service that runs in the background in Windows and checks periodically to see if Multiminer is running. I think my crashing is a bfgminer issue and related to the catalyst drivers.

So far I love the app for ease of use and less crashing compared to cgminer. I just wish there was a better way to get coin difficulty and price data other than coinchoose and coinwarz. Mine never shows the difficulty, profitability and price and I have it hooked to coinchoose.
Raptor2213

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:04:30 AM

Scratch that, it crashed on me again.  Different kind of crash, but still a crash.

I need the error details or I cannot fix it. Try checking your Event Viewer in Windows.

Windows Event Viewer doesn't seem to have anything useful (to me), but here ya go.  Just updated to 2.7.3.  I'll see if it crashes.  2.7.2 took a bit before it crashed.

General:
Code:
Faulting application name: MultiMiner.Win.exe, version: 2.7.2.158, time stamp: 0x5302f448
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb1677
Exception code: 0xe053534f
Fault offset: 0x000000000000940d
Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report Id: %13

Details:
Code:
- System 

- Provider

[ Name]  Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers]  0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]  2014-02-19T03:22:32.000000000Z

EventRecordID 5728

Channel Application

Computer Harbringer

Security

- EventData

MultiMiner.Win.exe
   5302f448
   KERNELBASE.dll
   51fb1677
   e053534f
   000000000000940d

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 02:27:55 AM

Windows Event Viewer doesn't seem to have anything useful (to me), but here ya go.  Just updated to 2.7.3.  I'll see if it crashes.  2.7.2 took a bit before it crashed.

General:
Code:
Faulting application name: MultiMiner.Win.exe, version: 2.7.2.158, time stamp: 0x5302f448
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb1677
Exception code: 0xe053534f
Fault offset: 0x000000000000940d

That helps a lot - thank you very much. Looks like a stack overflow which gets me going in the right direction.

Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: