Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:12:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
ronaldlee0917

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:42:11 PM

Since when can a company CEO not buy shares in their own company?  I think you better read up on insider trading before you look any more uninformed.
Yes, they can but with announcement on when and at what price, quantity they will do the buyback, this is for transparency purpose.

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:43:27 PM

Appreciate the stated P&L commitment, Ken.

Can you confirm the status of the Avalon situation, please?

Yes, we have received the refund from Avalon.

At least something good!

Ken, we need the balance sheet too. Without it, it's only half a picture.

I guess Ken wanted to inject some confidence to the rest of us by buying shares but this is not how you do it.
Another slight PR fuck up Sad

You announce first it and the place an order or execute it with third party, at previously agreed price.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:44:05 PM

I don't think it is insider trading, but if you are really going to jump on him for buying shares, remember that every one of us could get jail time for buying non regulated securities.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:44:19 PM

Ken is the company buying back shares as well as you?

If the company is buying shares please destroy them like a real company does. It will make our shares worth more.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 07:44:59 PM

Appreciate the stated P&L commitment, Ken.

Can you confirm the status of the Avalon situation, please?

Yes, we have received the refund from Avalon.

At least something good!

Ken, we need the balance sheet too. Without it, it's only half a picture.

I guess Ken wanted to inject some confidence to the rest of us by buying shares but this is not how you do it.

You announce first it and the place an order or execute it with third party, at previously agreed price.

Slight, are you high?? this is disgusting - he is steeling from you all - don't you see it?

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 07:45:06 PM

ACTM at .0029 ...fuck

begin rant:

I have held my tongue long enough. I am fed up with Ken's inept sense of decent communication (beyond a few grunts here and there) and his awful sense of design and marketing. That logo is third rate at best. If that bloody awful site is doing so goddamn well; WHERE ARE THE FUCKING NUMBERS?! As funders (I won't call us shareholders anymore for obvious reasons) of this little experimental venture we have a right to know.

At this point, my FUD is that ACTM will not gain momentum again because of competition and difficulty AND the fact that for whatever reason, Ken refuses to do trade magazine type PR to get the word out AND and to tell us current state of progress. I am frustrated that Actm and vmc are never even mentioned in the news the way other companies are. At this point Ken may have funded and built his company for free off our backs. It doesn't seem to matter to Ken if the stock evaporates. He doesn't own any. So frustrated right now. All Ken (or someone in the know) has to do is tell us and the world what progress he is making. But day after day it's silence and the confidence drizzles away to nothing as he seems too socially inept to know how to communicate.

Unless no news really is bad news.

end rant.

+ 10

As a matter of fact, I have purchase a number of shares on the open market.  I am also purchasing shares how for my own account.  We will be releasing P&L for this quarter by the end of October.

The Buyback PONZI SCHEME.

FTFY.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 07:46:04 PM

ACTM at .0029 ...fuck

begin rant:

I have held my tongue long enough. I am fed up with Ken's inept sense of decent communication (beyond a few grunts here and there) and his awful sense of design and marketing. That logo is third rate at best. If that bloody awful site is doing so goddamn well; WHERE ARE THE FUCKING NUMBERS?! As funders (I won't call us shareholders anymore for obvious reasons) of this little experimental venture we have a right to know.

At this point, my FUD is that ACTM will not gain momentum again because of competition and difficulty AND the fact that for whatever reason, Ken refuses to do trade magazine type PR to get the word out AND and to tell us current state of progress. I am frustrated that Actm and vmc are never even mentioned in the news the way other companies are. At this point Ken may have funded and built his company for free off our backs. It doesn't seem to matter to Ken if the stock evaporates. He doesn't own any. So frustrated right now. All Ken (or someone in the know) has to do is tell us and the world what progress he is making. But day after day it's silence and the confidence drizzles away to nothing as he seems too socially inept to know how to communicate.

Unless no news really is bad news.

end rant.

+ 10

As a matter of fact, I have purchase a number of shares on the open market.  I am also purchasing shares how for my own account.  We will be releasing P&L for this quarter by the end of October.

The Buyback PONZI SCHEME.

FTFY.   Cheesy

I dislike you - but you are correct here. bye bye money Active miners.

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:46:42 PM

Actually this is not what a Ponzi scheme is. Please piss off whilst we try to get some real information out of this.
Mutated btc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:46:46 PM

wowowow, ActM at bitfunder crushing, 0.0018
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 07:46:55 PM

Just a random article I came across.....

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1330731-5-companies-with-unusually-large-ceo-purchases

"The chief executive officer is often considered the most important insider to follow as an investor. After all, the officer stands as the commander at the company's helm, making the necessary adjustments to safely navigate the enterprise away from risk and into profitable endeavors. As a result, he is believed to be the one most aware of the surrounding situation in regards to the company's future. Therefore, when a CEO buys his own company's stock, it can often be a strong symbolic action. After all, when insiders buy shares in seeking their own benefit, attentive investors can often prosper by keying in on the clue. By following those who are known to have a greater understanding of the company's opportunities, investors can stand to be more informed and enjoy the possible rewards of a more timely purchase."

Withholding information then trading on that information is a crime in the real world.

somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:47:11 PM

Quote from: eskimobob

Slight, are you high?? this is disgusting - he is steeling from you all - don't you see it?
I think you missed the sarcasm or tongue-in-cheekness of his reply.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:47:33 PM

I didn't know about any of this, so a couple of things.

- I've asked someone who does know their shit to post how it works with regular IPOs because those running around shouting illegal/insider trading are apparently not quite right. It's also not unusual within Bitcoin to say the least (I'm not saying it's right).

- I'm awaiting a response from Ken BUT I know it would be a very typical thing for him to do & post because he wanted to show that he does have confidence in the company, and he thinks that is how people will see it.

I'm 99.99% certain this wasn't a scammy move. I've been dealing with Ken long enough to know how his mind works and it isn't like this.

The real problem here is the share price, lack of communication, etc etc. This was a match for a lot of dry wood.

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:48:25 PM

I dislike you - but you are correct here. bye bye money Active miners.

This is not a Ponzi, it can be a scam but this is not a Ponzi. Just go wiki what a Ponzi is.

If you're not invested please leave because we want to try to find out what's going on and you're making the thread messy.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:49:41 PM

I'm 99.99% certain this wasn't a scammy move. ...

Good enough for me Cheesy
Mutated btc

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:50:47 PM

while you guys chit chatting, bitfunder Actm is at 0.0018
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:51:26 PM

while you guys chit chatting, bitfunder Actm is at 0.0018
Ken is buying more cheap shares.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:52:11 PM

- I've asked someone who does know their shit to post how it works with regular IPOs because those running around shouting illegal/insider trading are apparently not quite right. It's also not unusual within Bitcoin to say the least (I'm not saying it's right).

- I'm awaiting a response from Ken BUT I know it would be a very typical thing for him to do & post because he wanted to show that he does have confidence in the company, and he thinks that is how people will see it.

I'm 99.99% certain this wasn't a scammy move. I've been dealing with Ken long enough to know how his mind works and it isn't like this.

The real problem here is the share price, lack of communication, etc etc. This was a match for a lot of dry wood.

Look can you at least clarify, if the company has used company funds to buy back shares those shares get destroyed thus increasing the ratio/value of all outstanding shares (This is what happens in real life, a company doesn't hold its own shares, a share buyback destroys the shares. Apple did this a few times)
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 07:52:20 PM

I respect you - but if he didn't intend to be scammy he isn't intelligent enough to be in charge of shareholder funds period. this is crazy guys - why arent you up in arms about this? aren't you aware of the implications - he does this he will do whatever he wants.

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:52:46 PM

I'm 99.99% certain this wasn't a scammy move. ...

Good enough for me Cheesy

Crumbs please leave, you are not invested and not helping.
Mutated btc

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:53:36 PM

btw what does P&L stand for
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: