Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:45:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:52:09 PM

i paid in USD$

guess what?

no fucking refund.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:05:35 PM

Duh, the business is bankrupt.  Hello?

In America, bankruptcy is not a crime and you are presumed innocent.

That's an impressive failure! Most businesses are able to satisfy at least 1 customer! 0% success rate. Wow.

Buy & Hold
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:03:19 AM

Duh, the business is bankrupt.  Hello?

In America, bankruptcy is not a crime and you are presumed innocent.

That's an impressive failure! Most businesses are able to satisfy at least 1 customer! 0% success rate. Wow.

It is called incompetence coupled with dishonesty.

0% success rate lol epic fail.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:04:03 PM

The refund form and its terms:

A nice example of how much respect HashFail had for its customers.

Prepare to enter a world of stress
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:21:12 AM

In my dreams, I suck Judge Montis overwhelming dick all night long!

Icybaby
Legend21

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:02:06 AM

i had order 10.000 usd on assets on hashfast. , lucky for me, that that stupid hashfast after email them , call them millions times, that they at least had pay me back 1 babyjet price. from 2700 usd., so better fucked up in my ass with 7300 usd, then 10.000 usd
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 01:03:42 AM

I guess this is where you forget a lot of customers are not from America (does that include the north part like Canada and also the South part?), and we don't tend to forgive or forget when we get wronged.

It's easy to go hide behind the 'bankrupt part' and not have to explain *why* HF went bankrupt, it being a such well run business with no mistakes on their part other than 'adverse market conditions'. All those involved with the HF fiasco, from the sales people that lied to customers, the company execs that royally screwed up strategy and those shills hired to troll these forums to lure in punters and keep them buying more and more equipment have dirty hands.

The fact that you still feel absolute no remorse for your involvement says enough about your character

Karma is a bitch

One day, this will come back and bite you and I hope when it does you recognize the logo of the bus just before it hits you

Why would I feel remorse for a start-up going bankrupt?  That happens all the time.

Of course I wish HF had been a huge success, but perspicacity requires me to take the bad with the good.  Only an immature, petulant noob would abdicate personal responsibility for making an extremely risky pre-order.

Nothing is going to "come back and bite me."  That's just your silly, albeit unjustified revenge fantasy.   Roll Eyes

Nobody is "hiding behind a bankruptcy."  The bankruptcy was imposed on HF, not desired.

"Why HF went bankrupt" has been explained in depth, in this thread and in the media.  You must be extremely unintelligent to still be confused at this late date.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 01:15:40 AM

Stop reviving dead and useless thread. The company went bankrupt and all its customers hate it! Let it die!

Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 01:58:40 AM

The company went bankrupt and all its customers hate it!
Hating is not enough. The customers/investomers need to learn from the experience. To round it up, I'll recommend a short book first published between the world wars, and republished in 1999: "The Big Con: The Story of the Confidence Man". It should be available through the nearest library. A short excerpt:

• Locating and investigating a well-to-do victim. (Putting the mark up.)
  • Gaining the victim’s confidence. (Playing the con for him.)
  • Steering him to meet the insideman. (Roping the mark.)
  • Permitting the insideman to show him how he can make a large amount of money dishonestly. (Telling him the tale.)
  • Allowing the victim to make a substantial profit. (Giving him the convincer.)
  • Determining exactly how much he will invest. (Giving him the breakdown.)
  • Sending him home for his amount of money. (Putting him on the send.)
  • Playing him against a big store and fleecing him. (Taking off the touch.)
  • Getting him out of the way as quietly as possible. (Blowing him off.)
  • Forestalling action by the law. (Putting in the fix.)

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 03:09:41 AM

^^
excellent post, thank you
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 07:25:11 PM

The fact that every HF customer thought they will get a full BTC refund no matter of the exchange rate shows how unclear and unfair was the refund offer presented to them. I know that for you it's perfectly normal to not apply the windfall, but you can't simply accuse ALL HF customers of being stupid and not reading the refund offer like you do. Only you and the HF employees knew that a windfall will not apply to the BTC refunds, but they kept it a secret. That is a bad business behavior and every HF employee (and you) should be ass raped until they admit that they intentionally left that out.

When you advocate sexual violence as a response to a unfortunately failed business transaction, you've completely lost the debate and are resorting to being very bitter, immature, and nasty about it.

The invalid concept of a windfall is no "secret" and anyone who bothered to ask a lawyer (or just think about it) would have realized that.  It's obvious that the windfall-seekers tuned out any analysis contrary to their confirmation bias in favor of magical free ponies.

How is HF responsible for individuals' impossible expectations and lack of due diligence?

Aren't the individuals responsible for their crazy belief in a free lunch?

Why are so many people here so eager to eschew their own culpability for voluntarily making an extremely risky bet on ASIC pre-orders?

It's easier to play the victim and pretend greed wasn't a factor, but I'd rather man up than be a sore loser.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:41:36 PM

Why are so many people here so eager to eschew their own culpability for voluntarily making an extremely risky bet on ASIC pre-orders?

That is choice. HF's biggest chearleader, now claims HF was "an extremely risky bet". You are one fucked up individual.

/ignore

Buy & Hold
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:45:38 PM

The invalid concept of a windfall is no "secret" and anyone who bothered to ask a lawyer (or just think about it) would have realized that.  It's obvious that the windfall-seekers tuned out any analysis contrary to their confirmation bias in favor of magical free ponies.

How is HF responsible for individuals' impossible expectations and lack of due diligence?

Aren't the individuals responsible for their crazy belief in a free lunch?

It's easier to play the victim and pretend greed wasn't a factor, but I'd rather man up than be a sore loser.

So now you are stating that customers should always check with a lawyer what a company promises them? Is this what you always do when you are promised something by a company? Is this a normal thing to do? When I order something from Amazon and I see a 30-day money back guarantee sign I don't go to a lawyer to check the validity of that statement. The fact that HF customers should check every statement with a lawyer implies from the start that the company is not trustworthy and is hiding something or lying about something or is trying to trick its customers by default. At least we got this covered now.

Now will you stop reviving this useless thread? This company is selling nothing now and all its assets were sold for 400k. End of story!

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 07:55:10 PM

That is choice. HF's biggest chearleader, now claims HF was "an extremely risky bet". You are one fucked up individual.

/ignore

We all (should) know that ASIC pre-orders are very risky.  Who (besides Syke) would be stupid enough to truly believe in a guaranteed sure thing free lunch?

The "I either get an ASIC or a windfall" too good to be true interpretation was never viable and always self-serving.

You can't dispute that, so you retreat to the safer ground of irrefutable ad hom.

RS, vetting a major purchase with a lawyer is called due diligence and implies absolutely nothing about a company.  You are such a Wayne Noobton to even try to impute an air of impropriety to routine due diligence.

I guess you never invest in any stocks, because performing DD would imply you don't trust the company.  Idiot.   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 08:15:11 PM

RS, vetting a major purchase with a lawyer is called due diligence and implies absolutely nothing about a company.  You are such a Wayne Noobton to even try to impute an air of impropriety to routine due diligence.

I guess you never invest in any stocks, because performing DD would imply you don't trust the company.  Idiot.   Smiley

I wouldn't call $5,400 a major purchase, but a lawyer also implies additional cost which is useless. When people pre-order cars worth much more than $5,400 they don't check the terms with lawyers so your argument is simply retarded. Next you will say that after a lawyer HF customers should've checked the stated performance terms with an ASIC designer and PCB designer to see if they can trust the company. This is class A bullshit.

LET THIS THREAD DIE. THE COMPANY IS DEAD!

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:03:43 PM

I wouldn't call $5,400 a major purchase, but a lawyer also implies additional cost which is useless. When people pre-order cars worth much more than $5,400 they don't check the terms with lawyers so your argument is simply retarded. Next you will say that after a lawyer HF customers should've checked the stated performance terms with an ASIC designer and PCB designer to see if they can trust the company. This is class A bullshit.

$5k is enough to warrant spending $200 on a lawyer to make sure your interpretation of an ostensible offer is correct and legally enforceable. 

The people who expected a windfall didn't want a lawyer to rain on their entitlement parade or otherwise disturb their precious confirmation bias.  Just look how ugly people are being to me if you want evidence that folks will not easily let go of their free pony fantasies without a vicious fight.  Disturb their free pony fantasy and out come the demands for revenge rape.   Roll Eyes

The fact you bring a purchase of a commonplace highly-regulated product like cars into a discussion about exotic ASIC pre-orders shows why you have been having so much difficulty understanding why Judge Montali didn't declare HF a scam, and instead let them continue their business under Chapter 11.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:17:05 PM

$5k is enough to warrant spending $200 on a lawyer to make sure your interpretation of an ostensible offer is correct and legally enforceable. 

The people who expected a windfall didn't want a lawyer to rain on their entitlement parade or otherwise disturb their precious confirmation bias.  Just look how ugly people are being to me if you want evidence that folks will not easily let go of their free pony fantasies without a vicious fight.  Disturb their free pony fantasy and out come the demands for revenge rape.   Roll Eyes

The fact you bring a purchase of a commonplace highly-regulated product like cars into a discussion about exotic ASIC pre-orders shows why you have been having so much difficulty understanding why Judge Montali didn't declare HF a scam, and instead let them continue their business under Chapter 11.

Ok. Now will you let this thread die since the company isn't selling anything?

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:32:59 PM

It's not like this thread, the main one discussing this scam, has to die only because you want to due to a spammer. You can always unsubscribe if you can't stand his tactics.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 11:04:00 PM

It's not like this thread, the main one discussing this scam, has to die only because you want to due to a spammer. You can always unsubscribe if you can't stand his tactics.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against this thread. My beef is with the HF shill reviving this thread for nothing. If you or anyone else would revive this thread with some useful information I wouldn't complain, but when iceshilltard is reviving this thread with useless information that pisses me off. But even so, what would be more to discuss about this company that has a bigger percent than BFL of its customers pissed? The company was sold for 400k. What's more to talk about it?

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 12:57:58 AM

What's more to talk about it?
We could talk about how to screw them to their responsibilities. The legal actions weren't sold.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Pages: « 1 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: