Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:24:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 499 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PhoenixMiner 6.2c: fastest Ethereum/Ethash miner with lowest devfee (Win/Linux)  (Read 784629 times)
Nihil5

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 03:34:02 PM

I don't think you can sue without revealing your identity to someone.  This whole thing just reaks of ways to get him to reveal his identity which is highly sus.

My thought exactly after I read his suggestion LOL

Interestingly I believe that you can, at least in some instances. Although I don't believe it's realistic in this situation (or that PhoenixMiner would be inclined to try).

Courts can grant permission for a claimant to use a pseudonym under so-called anonymity orders, usually in domestic abuse cases and the like, or in the case of PhoenixMiner you could set up a shell company to mask the true ownership and have solicitors file a claim on behalf of the shell company.

I used to work as an asset manager for a company that purchased a lot of mortgages, they were regularly bundled up into SPVs with the servicers listed as directors and another offshore shell company as the beneficial interest (yay tax avoidance). Possession claims were filed by solicitors on behalf of the SPV, with documentation such as home at risk notices signed by approved individuals from the third-party mortgage servicer.

The true ownership was never disclosed. To my knowledge only one person ever tried to obtain it, they had a dubious theory that our servicers didn't have the right to bring a claim against them, and it was rejected by a district court judge.

That would be ridiculously complicated and expensive however, especially given the complexities and chances of success in filing such a claim in Slovenia (or wherever NiceHash are based) over a relatively trivial matter such as this. I just think it's fascinating that it's possible at all, and a little bit of a disturbing argument against shell companies if I was honest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lgregori

Activity: 25
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 03:55:28 PM

Phoenix,

You guys may want to consider legal action. Seems like pretty clear cut defamation and anyone that switches off of PhoenixMiner because of their misinformation would be legitimate legal damages. If they want to be bullies a good legal punch in the nose is the least they deserve. If nothing else a letter from a lawyer may be enough to get them to issue a public apology if only out of fear of the legal follow through.

Also not sure what kind of Admin controls you have on this thread, but maybe prevent people from posting links, I've seen 2 brand new accounts in the past few minutes posting "temporary links for phoenixminer"

Maybe see if Bitcointalk can figure out where the accounts are coming from. Might be an individual bad actor trying to take advantage.

Sadly NH is not based in a country with a strong legimate legal system.  If it were, djeZo would be in the custody of the FBI for outstanding warrants regarding is 2019 crimes.  Suing NH is going to be an uphill battle and honestly the money is better spent building a better miner and promoting it.  Yeah it will take time for most people to get past the shit that NH threw and trust PM again, but like Johnson and Johnson (Tylenol incident) they will get past it.

I don't think you can sue without revealing your identity to someone.  This whole thing just reaks of ways to get him to reveal his identity which is highly sus.

My thought exactly after I read his suggestion LOL

Yes, I was able to sort out and configure my bat file only thanks to other sites on the Internet. I hope they will protect Phoenix, not nh. I also noticed how bloggers began to suggest that you stop using phoenix. I think there are even paid videos on youtube that "protect" nh.. Undecided
PhoenixMiner (OP)

Activity: 357
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 04:27:07 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2021, 05:55:25 AM by PhoenixMiner
Merited by xandry (2), OgNasty (1), DireWolfM14 (1), Metroid (1), Valpe (1)

(This is a duplicate of post #8318 because we want to cross-link to it and the direct link to it didn't work.)

Here are our thoughts about the whole debacle with MEGA terminating our account (and the accounts of many other miner developers), and NiceHash's "overreaction", which we now believe was a deliberate smear campaign, and perhaps something even more malicious.

We will post here some relevant private messages between us and representatives of NiceHash over the past several months. There was some internal debate if this is the right thing to do, but after some thought we decided that we can not stay silent when someone is trying to tarnish our reputation. The only changes in the messages bellow were to remove any personally identifiable information (names, etc.).

Timeline

The story begins last November, when a NiceHash representative tried to persuade us to sign our binaries with code singing certificate:

NiceHash representative on Fri, Nov 27, 2020, 11:20 AM

Hello!

We would request that you code sign your releases of the binaries (*.exe's and *.dll's) you own. If possible please choose a globally accepted CA authority of your choice. If this is something you are not inclined to do please inform us why and what your concerns might be?

Code signing would reduce AV detection and would increase users' confidence in the software and of course, would increase our confidence that we are shipping correct binaries.

Note, that we will prefer and primarily use the miners who are signed.

Regards,

The signing of our files would involve revealing our identities, which is something we are reluctant to do because of the reasons outlined in our response to their message:

PhoenixMiner on Sun, Nov 29, 2020, 9:19 AM

Hello!

Unfortunately, we can't do this for the following reasons:

* We want to keep our anonymity as well as possible, and this is at odds with getting a valid certificate from major CA. Part of our reasoning is that this is an integral part of the cryptocurrency ideology - you don't need to know, or have explicit trust in others in order to do business with them. However, much more important are a few high profile "accidents" with sudden unexplained disappearances of prominent software developers and pool owners (e.g. Claymore, the sudden closure of Dwarfpool, etc.). Some may call us paranoid but we are just cautious.
   * Ulike the exchanges, pools, or services like yours, we don't hold any amount of user's cryptocurrency, nor do we have any server infrastructure that is publicly accessible, so there is no inherent risk that we will be hacked, or steal the funds of the users in any significant way. If our software does something malicious, it will be quickly detected and we will lose our reputation without much financial gain for it.
   * As far as the AV detection goes - ever since the first release of our miner, various AV scanners "discovered" a lot of threats in an absolutely clean executable (built from entirely our source, without any external "blobs", so we knew it was totally clean). For a while we tried to argue with them, and several of the major ones made exceptions in their databases. However we soon discovered that we will need to go through this with each new release, which is a totally unproductive use of our time. We don't even use full executable encryption like some of our competitors - just some (admittedly advanced) anti-tampering code to protect our IP and detect attempts to reverse-engineer parts of our software. So, our choice is to either bow to the AV makers and make our software easy to reverse and lose our competitive advantage, or ignore them and provide the end users with the necessary tools (e.g. checksums) to check the authenticity of our software.

Our "chain of trust" starts with bitcointalk.com, which may seem absurd at first but it has proven to be reliable and impartial over the years, and never bowed to any outside pressure, which is more than can be said for most CAs.

Best regards!

We will only add that the sudden disappearance of Clyamore some time ago had really spooked us ("are we next?"), especially given that the one of the last versions of his miner contained digitally signed Windows driver, which implies that he had to reveal his identity to the signing authority. This may be coincidence, but we are not willing to gamble with our lives, and the safety of our families by ignoring the risks. In the end, we decided to continue developing PhoenixMiner but with strict measures to keep our identities private.

March 7th

Now let's jump to the present. Some time last weekend MEGA decided to delete our account, as well as accounts of many other miner developers. We don't know the reasons but our best guess is that probably someone complained, or even threatened them with lawsuits. Whatever the reason, there are alternatives, and it seems that they didn't do anything evil like replacing the binaries with something malicious, so while inconvenient, this was not a big deal. Unfortunately, we were offline at the time and couldn't react fast enough.

When we found out about the situation, we checked our messages. Among all well wishes, anxious questions, some death threats (yep, we got some of those), there was this quite normal and reasonable message from Nicehash:

NiceHash representative on Sun, Mar 7, 10:20 AM

Hello!

Can you explain what happened with your account at MEGA.cz?

Regards

We didn't know that much about the situation yet but we already established that none of our accounts were compromised, so we reassured them that while our MEGA account was deleted, we are not hacked in any way:

PhoenixMiner on Mar 8, 2021, 5:56 AM

Hello!

We don't know the reason either but MEGA just terminated our account without any explanation besides "you violated our TOS". As the same has happened to Clyamore's account and some other miners, it is obvious that there is a cryptomining software "purge" on MEGA. We are looking for a new hosting solution for our software and it will be up and running very soon.

We still have full control of our bitcointalk.org account and we are busy making the next version of PhoenixMiner.

Best regards!

Our first task was to remove the MEGA link in the first post in our thread, and post a message clarifying the situation, and providing checksums of the individual executable files in PhoenixMiner 5.5c archive, in case someone was trying to check if his copy of the miner is genuine. Then we created a github account and uploaded the latest version of PhoenixMiner there.

In the meantime we received this message from one of higher-ups of Nicehash (apologies, if we get his title incorrect but he did not find it necessary to introduce himself, probably assuming that everyone should know who he is):

djeZo on March 8th, 2021, 05:09:07 AM

First, let me tell you that we are very sorry for the damages caused to you. We will make public apology.

I hope you agree that this was now very bad for us and for you - and all because of a simple misunderstanding! This should not happen in the future anymore.

Is there any way that you reveal your identity at least to us? Because if we know your identity, then we don't have this issue anymore and would publish all of your updates asap. We could perhaps even work out some deal to get your bins signed for NHM.

Ideally for us would be if you already provided signed bins - we could use them to go mainstream, to make every gamer also a miner and for miners to have a choice among mining tools is never a bad thing. I hope you did not see our action as a way of pushing our new QuickMiner by killing your product, because QuickMiner cannot be replacement, far from that - it has no AMD support and it works only on Windows thus is targeted towards different audience. It was just very convenient for a lot of people to start pouring all the hate they usually have against us - we gave them a perfect chance and reasons.

Our intentions were completely legit - to protect our customers and to throw off any possible responsibility if in fact there was an evil plan behind your product - this is something we are very much scared of and there is only one reason why - because your identity is not known. We do have 3rd party EULA users have to agree to, but this could only protect us in court, our reputation would be ruined badly. I hope you understand our point of view and why we did actions that we did.

So, beneath some genuine sounding apologies, we find another attempt to find out our real identities. Despite the polite tone of the message, its contents can be translated to: "We asked you nicely before and you refused, so if you want us to retract our FUD post about your miner, you must reveal your identity to me." Well, we don't react well to threats, even polite ones, so our response was:

PhoenixMiner on March 08, 2021, 06:12:59 AM

Regardless of your intentions, this wasn't the best way to react to this not-so-dramatic event - none of our accounts have been hacked, and none of our customers that follow the simple procedure of downloading from the official MEGA link, or at least comparing the checksums, were at risk at any time. Please note that there were much more serious security incidents in your company's past.

We find it hard to believe in your sincerity, so let's see your retraction post first, and then we can talk about what kind of identity proof we can give you. Otherwise we will be rewarding your damaging over-reaction, which is not a good thing in our book.

We are moving to github as a first (probably temporary) solution, and then will set up a few backup hosts in case github also caves under pressure.

After that we checked out more closely the NiceHash website, and their Reddit page, and we found that rather than a mere FUD post, they have created a full-blown smear campaign, with some gems like a "spontaneous" post (with nearly 5000 words!) sanctioned by NiceHash themselves, which warns you not only against the dangers of using PhoenixMiner but why you shouldn't use any other miner, besides the official miner of Nicehash. Frankly, we were half-expecting to find warnings that prolonged use of PhoenixMiner can lead to Covid-19, balding, or erectile dysfunction. At the end of this "work of art", there was this "promise":

Would you apologize to PhoenixMiner if it turns out that there was trully just a misunderstanding and some third force made him unable to fix issue with download location?

Yes, we would make public apology to PhoenixMiner if this ever happens and turns out that there was indeed no evil plan behind. But at this moment in time, we had to warn our customers about potential dangers.

Still waiting for that apology. Not holding our breaths though.

Our next order of business was to find some way to prove to all concerned miners that our bitcointalk.org account is not compromised. This was a bit tricky but we finally settled on making a big ETH transaction out of our main devfee wallet, and announcing the exact amount of the ETH to be transferred beforehand in our bitcointalk.org thread. As we all keep only parts of the keys for the devfee accounts, and we don't live at the same place, this took some time. In the meantime, we received another message, with quite different tone:

djeZo on March 8th, 2021, 07:58:33 AM

Everything will be established back as it was. But I am really curious, why are you so anonymous? I got another hint from someone that you are collecting fees from botnets. Is that true? Because then this is really not good for our business - we cannot afford to be linked with a crime of such proportions. And we would have to make greater distance between.

Also what I dont understand is, even if you are connected with a crime somehow and this is the reason to stay anonymous, why not create a second miner, as a legal business - a miner that you could sign and distribute without any worries for end users?

So, going from apologizing, to practically accusing us of being criminals almost mid-sentence? Mind you, we are not angels, but the worst things we are guilty of include a number of speeding tickets, and one citation for disorderly conduct after a night of heavy drinking Wink Another curious thing is that there is a well-known and publicized association of some high-caliber NiceHash employee (perhaps former?) with ... botnet creation! At least have the decency to fabricate some other crime, instead of accusing us of your own past wrongdoings.

The last part of this message however is rather interesting - "even if you are connected with a crime somehow and this is the reason to stay anonymous, why not create a second miner, as a legal business - a miner that you could sign and distribute without any worries for end users?" So, our imaginary criminal activity wouldn't be a problem for them as long as we create another, properly signed miner?!

At this point we were frankly fed up, and we decided that any further communication with NiceHash is pointless. After that there were several exchanges with wild allegations and counter-allegations between djeZo and (apparently) former member of NiceHash. Hopefully none of what was written there was true but the bad taste remains. Thankfully most of the messages were deleted by their authors, but not before destroying their credibility even further. A couple of hours after that we received this final message:

djeZo on March 08, 2021, 09:47:19 AM

I have just talked to our lawayers and they suggested to take over from here. They are being very cautions because you could actually make serious damage to us, so it seems that we will be stuck in this deadlock until this is cleared out with your KYC or smth like that. Also KYC will be mandatory for all other 3rd party miners. We may lose some customers if you wouldn't be interested to perform this action, but it is less risky than continuous red button that you could press any time to destroy us.

Perhaps you should have consulted your lawyers before making unfounded allegations?

Some time after that we have finally got our private keys together, and performed the "verifying" transaction of 123.456 ETH out of our main devfee wallet as detailed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2647654.msg56518728#msg56518728

So, what exactly happened?

This is pure speculation at this point but given all the information before, we can think of two scenarios: best and worst. The truth is probably somewhere between them.

Best case scenario: NiceHash were not especially concerned when our MEGA accounts were deleted, but instead saw this as an opportunity to start smear campaign against us, hoping that their users will stop using our miner, and switch to theirs instead. They were probably encouraged by the fact that we weren't online for more than a month, and hoped that we would just disappear like Claymore before, and they would be able to spew whatever BS they want without any opposition from us. When we surfaced online, they first panicked that we may somehow prevent our users from mining on NiceHash as retaliation. A couple hours later, when they saw no such retaliation, the tone of djeZo messages quickly switched from apologetic to confrontational. At that point, they probably decided to just go all in, and continue spewing BS "because we can't be sure about PhoenixMiner's identity".

Worst case scenario: The whole MEGA mining software purge was initiated by complains and take down notices from NiceHash themselves. After that, this scenario is pretty much identical to the one above. However, the burning desire of NiceHash to reveal our identities, even if it is only to them, is quite disturbing. Maybe they just want to dug up some dirt on us (good luck with that!), but maybe they want to do something much more sinister.

Ok, but how can we trust PhoenixMiner?

We can't give you indisputable "proof of trust" because there is no such thing. However there are other things that you can consider:

• We have developed PhoenixMiner for more that three years, and we have thousands of users
  • There never was any security incident with our miner, as long as it was downloaded from the official download location (MEGA link before, now moved to github).
  • We provide checksums in our thread here, so you can check the integrity of your miner even you have downloaded from somewhere else. Making sure that the checksums match should be done by everybody, even if you download the miner from the official link
  • We don't hold any amount of user's cryptocurrency, nor do we have any server infrastructure that is publicly accessible, so there is no inherent risk that we will be hacked, or steal the funds of the users in any significant way
  • We are group of old school developers with real passion about computing, and programming
  • We believe in the crypto, and we are fully invested in its future (yes, it is easy to say this now when the profits are at ATH, but during the first few years the profits weren't that great compared to our day jobs at the time)
  • Over the years our market share grew substantially, so it would be extremely foolish to jeopardize our legitimate income by doing something malicious. If you can't trust our integrity, you can at least trust our rationality.

Final thoughts

The whole thing is quite extraordinary because due to the nature of our business, we had some dealings with all major pools. In every single case, we found them to be totally reasonable, professional, and reliable (even when we were newbies and messed up in the beginning). Even when we had some disagreements, everything was solved in respectful and constructive manner. We never promoted, or badmouthed any pool because we feel that we must be impartial in order to develop good mining software. However, after only a couple of months that we had contact with NiceHash, we are frankly just fed up with them.

Still, we won't tell you to stop using NiceHash - it's not our place to do so, and everyone can decide for themselves. However, we personally wouldn't want to be associated with them in any way. Our advice is to be very cautious when dealing with them, withdraw your earnings as soon as possible, monitor your miner performance, and so on. We wouldn't put it beside them to start banning you, or creating some fake issues when you mine on their pool with PhoenixMiner.

After this colossal waste of everyone's time, we hope that this issue is behind us.

Edited for spelling and clarity
Complivit91

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 05:19:46 PM

I think that NiceHash will not calm down, and is plotting something bad. Do not forget that the developers of nh are hackers in the past (since they have the same nicknames), and as they say, there are no former villains. Lips sealed
Thanks to the sites and social networks that promote Phoenix, I hope we will get rid of nh, which has already deceived people for money (in 2017, also during the hype) Angry
Permonik

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 05:45:34 PM

It is very clever to do not reveal the identity. Till now no one knows what happened to claymore, he just pass away or something much more worse happened to him... People can be ugly when they smell "easy" money.
gunnersaurus

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 05:53:41 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2021, 06:35:20 PM by gunnersaurus

I'm currently mining with PhoenixMiner using NiceHash (I would stop using NH if I felt I could make batch file correctly!) as it is by far the best miner I've used due to how stable it is, the level of info displayed and the amount command line of switches.

I'm only using my laptop (yes well aware of the risks and I know I'm not going to make a fortune) with its GTX 1660 Ti (temps around 65-67 with good airflow) and I use the following extra launch parameters:

-lidag 3 -mcdag 1 -mi 14 -nvdo 1 -eres 3 -cclock -305 -mclock +575

My questions are am I using them correctly? Are there some where the value could be changed? Do I need all of the ones I'm currently using?

Thanks in advance!

Quick edit: The top results on google when searching "PhoenixMiner" are not good ones.  Sad I really hope PM are able to maintain it's userbase after the sh*tshow nh caused over the weekend.
Shlimann

Activity: 54
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 06:11:30 PM

In any war, both lose. However, PhoenixMiner will lose a large audience from this conflict, unlike NiceHash, because they have a large media resource.

What to do?

We need to spread good information about PhoenixMiner on blogs, on youtube, in chats. In every way to promote the PhoenixMiner project in media. Because it is the most convenient and fastest miner.

NiceHash, obviously, will continue to play dark and throw mud at PhoenixMiner, trying to ruin his reputation so that he will be forgotten.

But we will not allow this to be done.

We'll win the media war if need be, because Phoenix is ​​so much better, safer, and more reliable than NiceHash  Cool.

I have acquaintances in crypto media (websites, twitter, reddit, discrod, youtube). At least for my part, I will tell them the whole situation so that they do not believe in the tales from NiceHash and so that PhoenixMiner does not lose its audience.
NiceHash just wants to pick up PhoenixMiner users. They keep posting disinformation.
bigslimvdub

Activity: 346
Merit: 23

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 06:56:43 PM

Checksums are all that’s needed if you trust who’s making your software to be legitimate.
Bagge6

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 07:00:19 PM

Can someone recommend me a good budget 800-850w psu? Is there any priced around 70eur
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 07:48:57 PM

Well after what happened to NH few years back I don't blame them for initial overreaction. But the way they handled the whole thing... yuk

What happened back in 2017 has nothing in common with what they did this past weekend except that both incidents are the fault of NH.  Other than that, nothing in common.

Where was he comparing these two occasions? Just expressed his opinion on reacting to things, nothing else.

jims2321

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 07:56:00 PM

Well after what happened to NH few years back I don't blame them for initial overreaction. But the way they handled the whole thing... yuk

What happened back in 2017 has nothing in common with what they did this past weekend except that both incidents are the fault of NH.  Other than that, nothing in common.

Where was he comparing these two occasions? Just expressed his opinion on reacting to things, nothing else.

in 2017 it was an outside hack and lack of properly IT security.  On that occasion Nicehash took responsibility and did not overreact.  In 2020, they downloaded miner from an unreliable source and then panicked and started slandering and spreading FUD.  He compared the two occasions as justification for their recent over reaction.  That casually equivalency by people is why NH will get away with this recent shit. 
c0ldfyr3

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 08:13:07 PM

I made an account here to show my SUPPORT for Phoenix Miner in this ordeal. NH had no place! esp. since idk, mariposa...
The simple fact is, should i no longer trust a company for the devs taking a vacation? as stated its about anonymity, and its none of my dang business what the devs are doing in their personal lives. I think the devs should hire a face and sue NH for LIBEL. thats exactly what this is! Libel.
I've closed my NH account and switched to another pool... I would gladly volunteer to be the face that sues NH.
The way i see it, NH owes the devs as well as its users. how many shares were lost out on due to people switching in fear? How many stopped using phoenix miner causing a loss in revenue for the devs?

I would stop using NH if I felt I could make batch file correctly!
DM sent.

DireWolfM14
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 4238

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 08:52:38 PM
Merited by TryNinja (1), NotATether (1)

So, beneath some genuine sounding apologies, we find another attempt to find out our real identities. Despite the polite tone of the message, its contents can be translated to: "We asked you nicely before and you refused, so if you want us to retract our FUD post about your miner, you must reveal your identity to me." Well, we don't react well to threats, even polite ones

I don't blame you for wanting to keep your identity a secret, and good job standing your ground.  I wouldn't have reacted to Nicehash's message any differently.  

However, there were a few days this past week where your clients were scrambling trying to find your software, and since this thread is under constant attack by malware shilling sockpuppets, this episode put your clients in a high-risk situation.  Many didn't know whether the software they found was the right version, and there was also suspicion that your Mega and Bitcointalk.org accounts were hacked, or (god forbid,) you went rogue yourself.

Checksums are great, but they don't guarantee that your accounts haven't been hacked, or the software and checksums weren't replaced by the hacker.  To help the members of this forum (and the folks at Github will appreciate it also) I suggest you create and stake a PGP key that you use to sign the binaries and/or the checksums.  That gives the community a second factor for authentication.  If this kind of thing happens in the future we can use the PGP to authenticate your checksums or the binaries and avoid this kind of drama.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
ekiller
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1112

LLP Programming & Electronics

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 09:06:12 PM

Let Nicehash deal with your own problems first. They have been hacked in the past years and put hundreds of thousands of people in a difficult situation.

So what should we say now? Stop using Nicehash ?
I won't say this.

But I can say the following;

Who is Nicehash? Oh, isn't that the company that makes a living by getting a commission on miners? 
What does nicehash produce? nothing.. Nicehash just silly broker.  Nicehash's job = real estate agent . Same job

But this man (PhoenixMiner and they are like him/her) is producing something here. They are developer. if they didn't exist, nicehash would never be happen.

Nicehash has earned money from back of miners and miner developers for years.  They sold you what bought from me.(Hash)

Nicehash...let's build a better miner software and talk later on stage.

Believe and support real developers
I believe phoenixminer will do good works.
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 09:36:44 PM

Ironically this whole story had one positive outcome for me - after years of keeping paper wallets it made me order a Ledger Nano yesterday  Grin Grin

maXonja

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 09:39:18 PM

in 2017 it was an outside hack and lack of properly IT security.  On that occasion Nicehash took responsibility and did not overreact.  In 2020, they downloaded miner from an unreliable source and then panicked and started slandering and spreading FUD.  He compared the two occasions as justification for their recent over reaction.  That casually equivalency by people is why NH will get away with this recent shit. 

Outside hack? Sure, and I thougt that no one believed in that bullsh**...
And few months later they pulled 8k BTC out of nowhere to give it back to people that they have robbed on peak of BTC price in last bull run
Hashymoto

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 09:49:01 PM

Can someone recommend me a good budget 800-850w psu? Is there any priced around 70eur
Bagge6, if you mine in a place where noise is not a big issue, buy second hand HP server PSUS, which you can find on EBAY, they are cheap and kick ass.
Here is an example of a 1200W that can run fine at a load of 850 if that is what you need for your rig:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-HSTNS-PD11-DPS-1200FB-1200W-Power-Supply-Ethereum-Mining-Crypto/174647489637?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20190920091355%26meid%3D4459d9a4fc064355909c8223b7220b06%26pid%3D100036%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D353344116397%26itm%3D174647489637%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DDefaultOrganic%26brand%3DHP&_trksid=p2047675.c100036.m2109

And the board with 12 cables that have 6+2 pins at the other end:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DPS-1200FB-QB-A-12-ports-Power-Supply-Breakout-Board-Adapter-Cables-for-Mining/264275631650

Under load the fan will get a little louder than a regular gamer PSU so if you keep your miner in your living room or bedroom, it's not a good idea but if your miner is in a basement or garage or something, these server grade PSUs are the best bang for the buck.

jims2321

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 10:06:29 PM

in 2017 it was an outside hack and lack of properly IT security.  On that occasion Nicehash took responsibility and did not overreact.  In 2020, they downloaded miner from an unreliable source and then panicked and started slandering and spreading FUD.  He compared the two occasions as justification for their recent over reaction.  That casually equivalency by people is why NH will get away with this recent shit.  

Outside hack? Sure, and I thougt that no one believed in that bullsh**...
And few months later they pulled 8k BTC out of nowhere to give it back to people that they have robbed on peak of BTC price in last bull run

I was giving them the benefit of doubt.  Regardless comparing this recent CF/Shit fest to 2017 is just insane.  They are completely to blame for going off the deep end and spreading FUD, smearing developers (PM specifically, devs in general) and causing untold stress and monetary expenses to their users because they have a shitty operational practices.  Which if you think about it, should of been addressed after all the issues over the past 2 months with unplanned outages, constant loss of statistics and generally lousy IT planning.  
jims2321

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 10:34:30 PM

Bagge6, if you mine in a place where noise is not a big issue, buy second hand HP server PSUS, which you can find on EBAY, they are cheap and kick ass.
Here is an example of a 1200W that can run fine at a load of 850 if that is what you need for your rig:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-HSTNS-PD11-DPS-1200FB-1200W-Power-Supply-Ethereum-Mining-Crypto/174647489637?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20190920091355%26meid%3D4459d9a4fc064355909c8223b7220b06%26pid%3D100036%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D353344116397%26itm%3D174647489637%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DDefaultOrganic%26brand%3DHP&_trksid=p2047675.c100036.m2109

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DPS-1200FB-QB-A-12-ports-Power-Supply-Breakout-Board-Adapter-Cables-for-Mining/264275631650

Under load the fan will get a little louder than a regular gamer PSU so if you keep your miner in your living room or bedroom, it's not a good idea but if your miner is in a basement or garage or something, these server grade PSUs are the best bang for the buck.

or just go to www.parallelminer.com and get everything in one kit!
Hashymoto

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 11:18:28 PM

or just go to www.parallelminer.com and get everything in one kit!
Well priced too, good link. Thanks for sharing.
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 499 »
  Print  

Jump to: