Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:57:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1050 TH] BitMinter.com [1% PPLNS,Pays TxFees +MergedMining,Stratum,GBT,vardiff]  (Read 836876 times)
christhegoth

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:51:47 PM

Quote from: xstr8guy

What kind of scam are you pimping? Minerscube 5? Never heard of it and certainly if it was legit, there'd be a lot of talk in the Hardware forum.

Quote from: christhegoth

My good sir, check this baby out:

http://www.minersbox.com/index.php/products/minersbox-5

5TH/s for 825w.  Sexy huh?  Just need to find me 5 grand Wink

I would assume you know about these:

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/sp30-yukon-september-batch-1

6TH/s for 2500w, so not as good as the cube.

they must be a con,  but they take paypal.    so they do look interesting

I am also concerned that they are too good to be true, but Paypal certainly helps here.

I guess we should watch this space.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jfederkins

Activity: 296
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:58:35 PM

What kind of scam are you pimping? Minerscube 5? Never heard of it and certainly if it was legit, there'd be a lot of talk in the Hardware forum.

I am also concerned that they are too good to be true, but Paypal certainly helps here.

Not sure if I would throw that much money at a product/company with no real track record. If someone like Bitmain had a 5TH/825W box, I'd be all over it  Grin
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:21:44 PM

5TH/s for 825w.  Sexy huh?  Just need to find me 5 grand Wink

they must be a con,  but they take paypal.    so they do look interesting

Not sure if I would throw that much money at a product/company with no real track record. If someone like Bitmain had a 5TH/825W box, I'd be all over it  Grin

I would be very carefull too...
Reed carefully the Paypal conditions, because I don't think they offer more that 60 days coverage on non receive product...

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

christhegoth

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:21:47 PM

Reed carefully the Paypal conditions, because I don't think they offer more that 60 days coverage on non receive product...

Yeah, it's 45 days to get the complaint in:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US#13

But... I won't be paying in advance of the shipping date, and will be asking questions about delivery times pre-paying.  Assuming the cash comes in of course.

I'll be wanting that papertrail nice and big so that I can prove I worked in a decent & fair way to Paypal.
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:49:08 PM

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US#13

But... I won't be paying in advance of the shipping date, and will be asking questions about delivery times pre-paying.  Assuming the cash comes in of course.

I'll be wanting that papertrail nice and big so that I can prove I worked in a decent & fair way to Paypal.

Looks too good to be true ... smells scam big time. Cheesy
jfederkins

Activity: 296

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:53:39 AM

From now on no one say ANYTHING about how much time it took to solve the last block, or how long the current block is taking!

It seems that when we were not discussing the time between blocks, were were solving 2,3 sometimes 4 a day.

I think all of this talk has angered the Bitcoin Gods!!   Wink
oskuro

Activity: 294
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:26:13 AM

From now on no one say ANYTHING about how much time it took to solve the last block, or how long the current block is taking!

It seems that when we were not discussing the time between blocks, were were solving 2,3 sometimes 4 a day.

I think all of this talk has angered the Bitcoin Gods!!   Wink

awwwwwwww yeah  Cry Cry Cry
bitwitt

Activity: 157

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:42:05 AM

our luck sucks!!!!! . You can make more money buy turning your miners off.

christhegoth

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:15:39 AM

our luck sucks!!!!! . You can make more money buy turning your miners off.

It's peaks & troughs.  Good weeks and bad weeks.

The past fortnight has been crap-money, sure.  But that means the next 2 weeks should see a better return.  So that things add up over the month.

DrHaribo has posted graphs showing this cycle if you read up.

Our luck is fine at present.  We're finding more blocks than we solve, and over-all performance is good.  The price of Bitcoin has increased a little to allow for this slow patch as well.
rockby11

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:48:44 AM

Thanks to TaggedYa for slamming in a second block after just 7 minutes.

CDF 0.8% means:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Good one! Listening more often will do good!
christhegoth

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:02:45 AM

Thanks to TaggedYa for slamming in a second block after just 7 minutes.

CDF 0.8% means:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Good one! Listening more often will do good!

If we can control the queue for blocks being processed in this Pool then, assuming you get good blocks AND bad blocks ( and not just a pile of bad blocks ), we should be able to look stable in processing stuff ( and, as such, receiving payments ).  Which will help with nervous miners.

It's stable payments that Miners need, so that they can play the game and pay the bills.  If the payment cycle is too choppy then it's nigh on impossible to budget.

And if you can't budget how are you supposed to judge whether to add more cash ( a new s3 for example ), or simply hit the off switch?

So slamming in the odd easy block is certainly welcome.  Let's hope we find a few more Smiley

My kit is a spread of old and new.  1 new ( enough ) miner at 700GH/s for 770w, and an old pencil-modded s1 at 130 GH for 220w.  Between them if I can solve 1 block per day ( get 1 payment per day ) I break even on my leccy and the credit card minimum payments ( at a BTC price of about £360 ).  So in a 30 day month if we solve 30 blocks I break even at current BTC prices and pool size/performance.

That's how I judge things really.  The profit ( paying off said Credit Cards, rather than just making the minimum payment ) is these bonus-blocks.

If we could pull 2 blocks solved a day average I'd be laughing Smiley

No doubt sacrificing a few chickens to the Bitcoin gods will help.  Do we have dancing priestesses to help build up that faith?  Can I hear a hallelujah? Wink
christhegoth

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:46:20 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 10:02:04 AM by christhegoth

Not sure if I would throw that much money at a product/company with no real track record. If someone like Bitmain had a 5TH/825W box, I'd be all over it  Grin

But... I won't be paying in advance of the shipping date, and will be asking questions about delivery times pre-paying.  Assuming the cash comes in of course.

Looks too good to be true ... smells scam big time. Cheesy

The 20nm chip is here:

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-78

It boasts a 43% power reduction, as well as more Hash per chip.

The Yukon uses 28 nm and says 2500w for 6TH.  Which is 2.4 GH/w ( which is nice, obviously ).

The Minerscube uses 20nm and boasts 5TH for 825w.  Which is 6.06 GH/w.

The KnC Neptune has 3.3TH for 1950w using the 20nm ( same chip the Minerscube uses ), so pulls 1.69 GH/w:

https://www.kncminer.com/categories/miners

So the Yukon uses an older chip, yet gets a better ratio by nearly a factor of 2 compared to the Neptune.   Due to sharp engineering.

I know from my Coincraft unit that I can change the GH/w ratio from 0.8 to 1.05 by fiddling with the clock speed and also undervolting.  So I have no idea what this Minerscube dude has done but...

It's possible if he's a really sharp engineer using damn nice cooling and a damn nice power-supply.  But... He may also be a VERY sharp scammer.

It might be worth grassing him to Bitmain to see if he's real.  Say that we don't trust this new provider, and could he be vetted by Bitmain.  If the product is real then this could lead to Bitmain absorbing him and us getting more guarantees.
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:57:00 PM

Minersbox (formerly Minerscube) looks like a total scam. Don't give your coins to scammers.

It should not be confused with ASICMiner Cube, which is a real product.

When you are buying mining hardware please remember that most offers are scams. Most mining hardware "companies" are scams. Not a few. Most. The safe route is to buy from companies that have delivered in the past and where the customers have been happy. If you pre-order from a company that has never delivered anything before, then you have to be very careful and do some research. Most of those are scams, remember?

If their WHOIS listing is anonymous ("privacy protect", "whois guard", etc), their website has no contact information, their machines are faster than all competitors, their machines use a fraction of the electricity of competing products, their prices are way too low, their webpage has a paypal logo but they don't actually accept paypal payments (see their FAQ), their emails to potential customers (which you can read elsewhere on bitcointalk) reveal that they don't know which proof-of-work algorithm bitcoin uses, they don't seem to understand what an ASIC is, and they give some crazy stories to explain the other suspicious aspects..... add all this up and you should realize it's a scam. Not just a scam, but a poorly presented scam by an inexperienced con man.

Even if you wanted to get scammed, there are better ASIC scams out there.

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:36:06 PM

Yeah, an other hard block done ! Cheesy
christhegoth

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:45:20 PM

Anyone had one of their miners ( or more ) being kicked today?

It's happened twice today with my coindesk.  The unit is on, but there is no hashing going on.  The ant s1 has been fine.  Not sure what it is, so changed the pool setting to 'load balanced' just in case.
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 08:13:08 PM

It's happened twice today with my coindesk.  The unit is on, but there is no hashing going on.  The ant s1 has been fine.  Not sure what it is, so changed the pool setting to 'load balanced' just in case.

Are those on the same network, same IP address?

christhegoth

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:42:16 PM

It's happened twice today with my coindesk.  The unit is on, but there is no hashing going on.  The ant s1 has been fine.  Not sure what it is, so changed the pool setting to 'load balanced' just in case.

Are those on the same network, same IP address?

Yup. I have a fixed IP addy for my servers. They are on separate workers though.
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 08:44:56 PM

Maintenance 2014.07.18 14:00 UTC. Expected mining downtime 1 to 5 min.

Mining server needs a bit more work. Miners will get disconnected for a short moment. I expect you probably won't really notice this.

specialed101

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 12:02:14 AM

Hi All,

I'm kind of new to this; so I've been playing around with optimizing my miners for about a month. I was looking for tips for settings for my Antminer S2 miners, and just the other day, I came across this:

http://www.norgzpool.net.au/antminer.html

I used his formula for pseudo_share calculations, and rounded it up from 1187.84 to 1188. I'm sure that most of y'all reading this are yawning by now, but after setting the maximum difficulty to 1188 for these on the Bitminter "Workers" page for "My Account", I am seeing some hashing speeds I would not have expected. I am seeing peaks of over 2.5 Th/s for my two Antminer S2 miners combined. If I look on the web interface for either miner, I sometimes see peaks of 1.5 Th/s just for a single miner.

Before I had tried this, I was seeing peaks of about 1.15 Th/s per miner, with low spots in the mid 750 Gh/s. It was the low spots I was hoping to tweak higher.

For you other Antminer S2 owners, I'd like to know what settings you use that you are happiest with.

"Can I be the sockpuppet General of the Underpants Gnomes?" ~ specialed101
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:08:37 AM

TaggedYa;
What equipment are you mining with?   

Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 »
  Print  

Jump to: