Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:11:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786814 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:47:13 PM

By the way, isn't there some secret bonus thing that we're supposed to get when they ship the miners.  I remember an update where they said there was some extra thing that we'd find out about after they shipped.  It was mentioned at the same time they talked about working on their Scrypt Miner.  Which everyone was smiling about.  Maybe tell us what that thing is.   I'm thinking it might be a piece of candy in the box.  Everyone likes to get a piece of candy. 

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
Dallas5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 07:49:19 PM

Why not triple the hash?

Or septuple? Nop, I just want my money back after 6+ months. Only BA won't give it back to Minersource and in turn I can't get it back from them.

Not much I can do anymore about this, already mailed both of them too many times, I can whine about it here with everyone else  Tongue. Originally I was promised to have 2 X1's running at the end of March, but whatever just send me my $ or BTC so we can finally leave this preorder madness behind us.

sorehammer

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:51:04 PM

we are all in the same boat now, Come on david what is the surprise that was mentioned.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:52:45 PM

Quick update:

We have noticed that there is a concern about the LCD displays. Because the LCD display is not an essential component we will not let it delay the production of the miner. If the LCD displays are not in on time for shipment we will ship the miners without the LCD display. Once we have them in stock we will ship them to everybody that would like the LCD. The people who prefer to not receive the LCD display will receive a gift card that matches the price of the LCD.

OH MY GOD! Bitching actually did something!!! I am glad they decided to go this route. To wait a week or two for an lcd is only slowing people down, as long as there is some type of interface for me to connect to the miner with, the lcd is icing on the cake.

Glad they did something proactive this time! Good call BA!

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 07:56:57 PM

By the way, isn't there some secret bonus thing that we're supposed to get when they ship the miners.  I remember an update where they said there was some extra thing that we'd find out about after they shipped.  It was mentioned at the same time they talked about working on their Scrypt Miner.  Which everyone was smiling about.  Maybe tell us what that thing is.   I'm thinking it might be a piece of candy in the box.  Everyone likes to get a piece of candy. 

I think they already announced it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABrSYqiqvzc

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:00:12 PM

I think it would be pretty funny (In a black humor way) if the miners were shipped without the LCD but there was no way to make them work without it.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:01:54 PM

Here is a solution to cut down on everyone's anxiety.

BA: Set a final compensation plan and a conservative estimated ship date. Don't change it. If there are any further delays, simply provide a BTC payout for the missed mining time per Gh/day until the actual shipping date. GAWminers has been doing this for the past month and it is working very well.

Edit: If you do this BA, there is no need for anymore updates. Simply set the terms and we will wait for shipping to start.
BOOM!
KEEEEEP DREAMIN' ¨¨
Sadly you're right.

Here's my take..
To "save face" as much as possible at this point, they need to double the hash hardware and ship the additional components LCD or not (and if they ship the LCD later THEY need to pick up shipping) Ie, compensated fully with no out of pocket expense to the customer.

I understood going into this that this was a risky proposition. I actually didn't expect that if things went wrong there would be any compensation and some of us would get miners, some people would get refunds and some people would litigate.

As things went along I got pretty pissed off at the 4-5 missed dates, the lack of basic business acumen etc..

But they announced (as did the industry) compensation for delays. And the compensation changed as circumstances did...
At that point I resolved to wait till final ship dates/announcements/compensation was announced before I went ballistic or started looking into their scrypt stuff.

(Yeah I'm considering it if all goes relatively ok, and here's why:
BA got in way over their heads, that's obvious to all of us. But they just had one of the largest "Learning lessons" any company could have on the verge of producing a second similar product.  I'm guessing BA's next effort (if they can make it past this one with reputation in tact) will be a million times better. We've also seen that they're legit, have relationships with mfg's etc..
(How many people said only until recently that this was all 100% a scam and there was no hardware)
BA still REALLLY needs to fix their communications and PR but I think the next "thing" they make has a good chance of going very well.

Seriously, I'm going to be out about $10K and will most likley never see ROI, but at the same time, I knew this was risky getting into it.
There are only 2 things that *really* bother me about this experience in hindsight (so far).
A. That anyone would have to pay *anything* additional for their "compensation"
B. The fact that BA absolutely undeniably knew WAYYY early on that dates weren't going to be hit and didn't manage customer expectations from the start. I'm guessing it was to prevent a mass exodus that would have potentially have folded the entire project, but I still think it could have been handled differently.

Now I can speculate that the fact that no one at BA has sent a mail to pre-orders asking for their miner/wallet addresses for their 5 day mining at this late point in the game could equate to massive delays ahead. And I would love to know more details about the 5 day. Will the 5 day cause an additional delay (over the 5 days) for the people who selected that? Is it ship date +5 days then ship, or is it ship date, plus 2 days to setup miner 2 days to get my account info 5 days to mine 2 days to pull from farm 1 day to package then ship?? These are rather important things to know the question has been asked many times as to "how much hashing" will be done on the 5 days with the compensation package... It just makes me sad that information is still so insanely hard to come by after everything that's happened.  But again,.. until it ships I'll refrain from "Making a scene"

Nicely said, how long have you been lurking? Welcome to the club Wink You will certainly see a return on your investment. Is it going to return as much as you paid for it, well i do feel over the course of the life of the mining hardware they will certainly break even. How much is left to be made in profits, that is the question.

I know no one bought these things hoping to get back just what they put out, woulda just made more sense to buy btc with the money if that was the case.

Expect the worst and hope for the best.

I think it would be pretty funny (In a black humor way) if the miners were shipped without the LCD but there was no way to make them work without it.

The irony would be delectable!

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
sorehammer

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:41:40 PM

bogsag3 been on spoondolies thread quite a bit today so not much jetlag just wish minersource would answer my emails to sort my order out.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:56:52 PM

Im here.

Support emails are handled by support staff, they have answered over 45 tickets today.
Secret is secret, not aloud to discuss yet, I will ask again.
sorehammer

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:06:51 PM

Hey bobsag3 did you come away with a x3 then.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:15:34 PM

Hey bobsag3 did you come away with a x3 then.

I did not have room in my suitcase for it, but I did bring home a working hashboard (no backplate/psu/controller for it) I can post pics of it here in CO if needed, but it looks no different than the ones I already posted.
Dot99lr

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:25:27 PM

Im here.

Support emails are handled by support staff, they have answered over 45 tickets today.

My guess at the secret is that each miner gets 2 LCD screens!  Cheesy

(debitme gets 3 'cause he loves the idea of LCDs on miners)  Cheesy
Boognish

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:30:49 PM

This is either really good or really bad.

fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:40:18 PM

This is either really good or really bad.

If it were bad they probably wouldn't have told us it's existence at all. Maybe they actually are doing double compensation. Maybe there's some other additional compensatory move they're pulling. Maybe the miners are even more efficient or more powerful.

Whatever it is, probably won't be announced until shipping. If it was a bad secret, I doubt they'd have said a work about it.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:44:26 PM

So tell us Matt, how long before you file fraud charges on your multi-million dollar order? June, July, August?
I saw working chips, on working boards, with kinks to be worked out, nothing ala Cointerra or Bitmines 28nm.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:55:55 PM

So tell us Matt, how long before you file fraud charges on your multi-million dollar order? June, July, August?
I saw working chips, on working boards, with kinks to be worked out, nothing ala Cointerra or Bitmines 28nm.

How much equipment were they mining with?

2-20 chips at a time. Most of the chips are mounted to the boards you see in their updated pics, not mining. Not even the bitfury stacks are running due to preps for Rent-a-Hash
thomas_s

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:18:50 PM

I thought the bitfurries belonged to a customer.  Roll Eyes
Which was why they couldn't use those to mine for us while we wait for their delays.
When they are currently being sold they aren't being hashed on so they can be shipped out quick.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:17:20 AM

I ordered an X-3 on 26-September, taking advantage of their BA Lancelot trade-in program.

I wonder when they'll be requesting those Lancelots.  So far I've heard nothing.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:36:25 AM

Quick update:

We have noticed that there is a concern about the LCD displays. Because the LCD display is not an essential component we will not let it delay the production of the miner. If the LCD displays are not in on time for shipment we will ship the miners without the LCD display. Once we have them in stock we will ship them to everybody that would like the LCD. The people who prefer to not receive the LCD display will receive a gift card that matches the price of the LCD.
What is the price per LCD on the X1 compared to the X3 or is it the same all arround ?

Since I'm going hosted I wont need the LCD and I'm trying to figure out if I should just forgo the LCD on my purchased X3, 6 X1's an then the compensated X3 module and 3 X1's for a total of 12 LCD's between everything.

@bobsag: Welcome back *wink wink* lol

To be decided...
primer10

Activity: 249

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:38:05 AM

Recently people have been going crazy with little updates from BA that they post their own/fake updates ..  Embarrassed
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: