Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:13:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786812 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:02:51 PM

What about the LCD Display for the X1 Huh

Are those comming or not ??

I was told LCDs arrived today, so any units shipped after tomorrow should have the LCD, as well as me receiving LCDs for those who got their units already and who want them. As for chip conversions, I am sending the updated list to BA here in a few minutes.

Bobsag3,if you have time could you check on the order I asked to be transfered to you from BA,details are in you PM. Also do you think we could get chips instead of comp units,say I take my X-3 but chips for any further comp?

I have brought up chips as additional compensation, I will let everyone know when I hear back about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:07:29 PM

Thanks for the update Bob.  I appreciate it and am glad at least someone is telling us what is going on.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:08:17 PM

I was told LCDs arrived today, so any units shipped after tomorrow should have the LCD, as well as me receiving LCDs for those who got their units already and who want them. As for chip conversions, I am sending the updated list to BA here in a few minutes.

Bobsag3,if you have time could you check on the order I asked to be transfered to you from BA,details are in you PM. Also do you think we could get chips instead of comp units,say I take my X-3 but chips for any further comp?

I have brought up chips as additional compensation, I will let everyone know when I hear back about it.

Again, when will you start processing refunds?
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 01:19:44 PM

I hope karma catches up to you guys and you and your facilities literally burn (but let bobsag know so he can get out in time).  This sorry excuse of a company is bringing down what bitcoin stands for and does nothing but to hurt its image.  Luckily, they aren't even competent enough to drive the difficulty up.

Possibly BA's only redeeming quality.  They're so incompetent they don't even have a datorhall the size KNC has or the massive mining farms of Asicminer, Bitmain, or Bitfury.

They can't even self mine right!   Cheesy

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:25:37 PM

I hope karma catches up to you guys and you and your facilities literally burn (but let bobsag know so he can get out in time).  This sorry excuse of a company is bringing down what bitcoin stands for and does nothing but to hurt its image.  Luckily, they aren't even competent enough to drive the difficulty up.

Sadly that's a big issue with bitcoin at the moment, a lot of cowboys out there waiting to screw people out of their hard earned
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:50:08 PM

If I were BA I would immediately start deleting everything to do with the X3 compensation PSU situation, because that is some serious fraudulent solicitation of funds stuff going on right there.

I along with others are periodically saving the forum for just this reason. It doesn't matter if they delete the posts, once it's on the internet it's out there forever.

<Insert favorite coin here>
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:53:01 PM

I have been at the factories and at the BA offices since I got here. I have 2 X3s coming back with my in my suitcase (as many as I can fill) and are finishing up having a pallet of X1s and a pallet of X3s shipped back to me tonight since I leave tomorrow. I already had another pallet of X1s shipped out to me Saturday night, that will arrive this morning USA time. Sorry I have been quite, been quite busy. Things will start picking up very quickly, with large shipments going out direct to BA customers as well.

I have pictures, but this china firewall is driving me up a wall, no pun intended.

I'm fucking sick of this I want my money back or my miners shipped.
I think u should exchange to ASICs chip.

My job sucks and I'm totally broke, I don't have the coin to pay marto for assembly and PCBs. Throwing more money at this seems like a bad idea anyhow.

I suppose re-selling them on eBay is an option but I'm not going to get more than 1/2 my money back from this.

At least with a miner I can speculate on the value of BTC and alt-coins.

With marto you can also exchange chips for the cost of the assembly, leaving you only out of pocket for heatsinks and PSUs, and the PSUs we have available essentially at cost for those that have gone thru the chip conversion in order to assist them.

Lol, look! it's all the parts that should be making your miners, just sitting there! WOW! I guess at least they aren't mining with them? Wtf are these pictures supposed to do? Better than nothing? Insulting at best..

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
elemental

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:27:36 PM

I am not sure why you are so upset. We have worked around all issues and we are currently shipping X1 and X3. If you are one of our customers you will receive your order shortly.
If you want me to look into your order, please let me know your order number and email address.

Regards!

AH HAHA, I got this yesterday in a PM.  How insolent, stupid, and incompetent do you have to be to really not understand why everyone, quite literally, hates your guts?  Currently shipping my ass.

Funnily (?) enough, I sent a support ticket asking about my own order, three days ago.  They managed to find the time to change the priority from High to Normal but didn't actually reply.

Anyhow, I gave them 48 hours to give me information so that I can make an informed decision on whether to pursue further action.  So, in the absence of any direct and official replies, I will start with posting the message that I sent to them.  Nothing like making things public to make a point, is there?

"Hello,

"I refer to the last update from three weeks ago, where it is stated that all X3 orders will be shipped by the end of July. I have so far seen no evidence of any shipped X3 units and so am growing concerned that, yet again, this deadline will be silently missed. I am sorry, but the continued lack of communication, contrived excuses, repeatedly missed deadlines and lack of information concerning compensation is making me very wary of continuing to wait patiently.

"When I placed the order in December, I fully expected to receive units capable of hashing at 4TH, using around 2kW of power, in early March. The total price paid, $12,243.37, was very reasonable for a pre-order of this amount at the time. With assurances that the delivery estimates were conservative, it seemed very likely that shipping would start on time.

"When the initial deadline was missed and compensation was assured to keep the order competitive, it seemed fair for me to wait, particularly when it looked like I would have 6TH delivered in May. Sadly we are now nearly three months later again and I can see no sign of any progress. Furthermore, without assurances on compensation, even 6TH delivered in August is no longer worth $12,243.37 to such an extent that, were I to pay the VAT on the order, the cost of the VAT alone would be more than I can pay to have 3TH delivered next week! Using the same amount of power per TH, I should add!

"Seriously, I need to make an objective judgment about how to proceed. I have waited patiently and, unlike some people, I have kept my concerns to myself and kept quiet. I find the lack of communication from your side, however, to be insulting. I do not want to have to make a decision without being properly informed of your position, but continued silence can only force me to take legal action.

"The pre-order contract I entered in to is no longer valid, as you cannot deliver on your side of that same contract. I have a paid invoice for the amount of $12,243.37 which is what I expect to receive. With compensation for holding on to these funds since the beginning of December, I would legally be in a position to sue for an amount more that this, plus all costs that I would incur in doing so. Obviously I do not want to do this, and I should not need to! I shouldn't even be thinking about it - what happened to the weekly update for the last three weeks?

"Even your supporters on the forums seem to be deserting you, and yet somebody still has the time to read over the forum and delete posts - without replying to a single message. Do you seriously think people don't notice that? It would be easy to argue that the people claiming to have had posts deleted never actually posted them at all, but I have seen it for myself - one of the things about being in different time zones is that you don't have an instant response 24 hours every day!

"In summary:
"I am owed $12,243.37 or goods to that value. I placed the order in good faith. Had I made a different choice, I could have received that amount of goods on time.
"I cannot accept a delivery of 4TH miners where I will have to pay far more VAT than I could sell the goods on for.
"I need a definitive outline of the progress of my order.
"I need an explicit declaration of appropriate compensation including when it will be delivered - I am unable to accept a promise of "possible compensation" with no real definition of what that is or when it would be delivered.
"I need a full response within 48 hours. After that time, I will confirm my intentions.

Regards"

blackarrow (OP)

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 06:36:06 PM

Dear Customers,

We apologize for the lack of updates during the last few weeks; We have been very busy working with the factories to get your long awaited miner.

As you well know we have been shipping X1s for almost a month. In the last few days we began shipping X3s alongside X1s. We still have days until we finish all the queue.

During the last week we have fixed few issues with our products:
 1. We found that Onsemi has given us wrong information regarding a controller; They have told us that NCP5392P is exactly the same as NCP5392E with only one pin difference (that we were not using). As they were in shortage of NCP5392P they sold us NCP5392E. However, after assembly we have found out that this controller fed wrong PWM to the mosfets shutting down the low side mosfet when it shouldn't. This resulted 5% of the mosfets burned and all miners were using 20-30% more power.
  We are currently looking into how to correct the PWM of NCP5392E and will contact customers who have received boards with this controller in order to provide them with a fix. We have begun to rework thousands of boards in order to replace NCP5392E with NCP5392P.
 2. During transportation hashboards were able to exit their slot therefore we needed to find a solution to fix this.

For these reasons we were unable to enter mass production for X3 last week.

We are happy to report that we have overcome all obstacles and we are now shipping X3s as well.

Regarding this thread, we always welcome constructive feedback. However, as we finally went full throttle into shipping at least one competitor is trying to keep away customers from us: Individuals on this forum which are not even our customers (Eg. Pentax, DebitMe, and few others) are probably being paid to spend their full time here to flood this thread with misleading information. For this reason we have decided to delete such posts.

We will post pictures in few minutes.

We manufacture Bitcoin ASICs and Bitcoin mining equipment.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:42:45 PM

I'm glad that BA is contacting people who have this faulty mosfet.  That means future quality of the miners should improve and run steady for people.  (In theory)  Which at least allows me to think that if I ever get my X3 it won't just burn out when I plug it in.  (Hopefully)

If anyone actually gets an X3 that isn't Bobsag, do post up the news and pictures of it.  At this point it'll be like spotting a unicorn.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 06:46:55 PM

Yes, we have received all LCDs. All miners shipped from tomorrow will have 800x480 IPS LCDs with multi point thouch screen.

Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:47:20 PM

Dear Customers,

We apologize for the lack of updates during the last few weeks; We have been very busy working with the factories to get your long awaited miner.

As you well know we have been shipping X1s for almost a month. In the last few days we began shipping X3s alongside X1s. We still have days until we finish all the queue.

1. We found that Onsemi has given us wrong information regarding a controller; They have told us that NCP5392P is exactly the same as NCP5392E with only one pin difference (that we were not using). As they were in shortage of NCP5392P they sold us NCP5392E. However, after assembly we have found out that this controller fed wrong PWM to the mosfets shutting down the low side mosfet when it shouldn't. This resulted 5% of the mosfets burned and all miners were using 20-30% more power.
  We are currently looking into how to correct the PWM of NCP5392E and will contact customers who have received boards with this controller in order to provide them with a fix. We have begun to rework thousands of boards in order to replace NCP5392E with NCP5392P.
 2. During transportation hashboards were able to exit their slot therefore we needed to find a solution to fix this.

We are happy to report that we have overcome all obstacles and we are now shipping X3s as well.

Regarding this thread, we always welcome constructive feedback. However, as we finally went full throttle into shipping at least one competitor is trying to keep away customers from us: Individuals on this forum which are not even our customers (Eg. Pentax, DebitMe, and few others) are probably being paid to spend their full time here to flood this thread with misleading information. For this reason we have decided to delete such posts.

Why would a competitor need to try and keep customers away from you? You are doing a DAMN GOOD job of that yourself.
ducmami

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:56:57 PM

Dear Customers,

do you have any plan for X2?
blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 07:11:24 PM

Why would a competitor need to try and keep customers away from you? You are doing a DAMN GOOD job of that yourself.

We are very sorry about all these unforseen problems. Our customers are not the only ones suffering; We have been affected the most as we put everything we had into this ASIC. We have never started this ASIC in order to get rich but to be a better BTC ASIC manufacturer and provide high quality products. We have reached our targets so far but indeed failed to deliver on estimated time. We are doing our outmost to catch up and make up for the lost time.

Even though we spent on this ASIC more than the total amount that our customers we have spent, we still shipped everything we manufactured to our customers first. We have never mined with our chips with the exception of testing. However, the total amount earnt by us during testing customers's miners does not reach 1 BTC.

The reason why we've tested on live pool is that cgminer --benchmark is buggy: reports the speed wrong (1.4Thash on X3) and does not turn on the SPI leds to confirm that the miner is working properly.

We have always been upfront and never lied to our customers. We always kept them up to date with what is going on.

We are currently improving in every way and will be trying to make up towards our customers during the following months.

Most of our customers are entitled to be upset for this delay but we think the garbage going on in this thread is unacceptable and must be pruned. There are about 5 people flooding this that consider themselves to represent all our customers. We have contacted them in private messages to check what is the status of their order and they have indeed been unable to provide us with a valid order number which led ourselves to believe that at least one must be funded by one of our competitor.

Regards!

blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 07:13:18 PM

do you have any plan for X2?

X2 PCBs have been already manufactured but we never assembled them. We are now focusing on delivering current orders before making a new product.

blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 07:20:10 PM

Pictures taken today can be viewed here:

http://ecointalk.net/gallery/album/60-30072014-update/

Note that today we have not assembled LCDs or Wifi because the control boards need to be changed a little bit (some resistors) to configure proper contrast, and wifi.

terrapinflyer

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:23:29 PM

We have always been upfront and never lied to our customers. We always kept them up to date with what is going on.

Regards!

I almost fell out of my chair.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
DonRavy

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:26:29 PM

Too little, too late. What about refunds? Where's the money, Lebowski?
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:26:40 PM

I have bought from AMT and BA and they both say the same thing. nearly word for word. "its not our fault", "its the supplier", "we always keep the customer first in all decisions". same shit, probably the same people too.

abdullahadam

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:34:05 PM

BlackArrow, not one single update posted since July 6th.  You call this keeping customers up to date??
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: