Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:44:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786814 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ernie-

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 01:22:00 AM

Speaking as someone who has their products in hand, no they dont. They get effective about 1.1-1.2w/gh.
Rockminer is not a great example, they run their core VDD at 0.72v whereas the BE200 can go as low a 0.55v.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:32:38 AM

BFL's Monarch is really good on power, but you know...  you'd have better chances of finding a leprechaun's pot of gold than ever getting your hands on one.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:11:49 AM

Speaking as someone who has their products in hand, no they dont. They get effective about 1.1-1.2w/gh.
Rockminer is not a great example, they run their core VDD at 0.72v whereas the BE200 can go as low a 0.55v.

What's the W/GH ratio for end system at 0.55v?

ernie-

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 04:18:22 AM

What's the W/GH ratio for end system at 0.55v?
Who knows, they quote only the chip specs, have to wait until someone under clocks a system properly.

nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:47:27 AM

Power consumption numbers:

1200Mhz - 120-130gh - ~115-120w on my killawatt
1100Mhz - 112 - 118GH - ~107W
1000Mhz - 98 - 109GH - 98W

Have not tested 800 yet.

These results are the same as I am seeing.

I seem to gets lots more HW errors at 1000 MHz compared to 1200 mhz.
y_boonstra

Activity: 374

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:05:17 AM

Power consumption numbers:

1200Mhz - 120-130gh - ~115-120w on my killawatt
1100Mhz - 112 - 118GH - ~107W
1000Mhz - 98 - 109GH - 98W

Have not tested 800 yet.

Under 1w/gh. Not bad. Not bad at all!

under 1w/gh AT THE WALL (not at chip level) is pretty awesome

.90 watts per GH,not bad.....just not what they were shooting for  Roll Eyes

I don't think anyone cept Bitfury came close to predicted specs..............Even ole Friedcat missed by quite abit!!!!! On the second round Sad

The chip is considerably more efficient in the X3, the X1 has ~15-20w in overhead of the LCD+ controller, where as each X1 has 20w of overhead per 1th.

I dont believe the costum controle and LCD consumes about 15 - 20W no way, they would heel hot to the touch with those amount of power consumption. !!!!!!

The fact remains that the units are overpriced considering W/GHs. + 5 months to late..
They promissed 0,55W/GHs S/S at chip level, thats why they delayed it in the first time (Feb) !! and what do we get.. a unit thats hardly any better than a undervolted antminer ..!

let not even bring the antminer S3 up..

Like many others im screwed to i got a couple of those X1 comming my way direclty from BA.. still dont know when.. maybe NEXT week :S :S
n00dles0up

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:31:19 PM

Having been away from these forums for some time now planning my wedding for this August. Can anyone catch me up and summarise any important info that may have been posted? I have been seeing minersource on facebook.

Just curious about delivery times, if anyone in the Uk has got theirs? Compensation? What about customs values etc? Anything worth knowing?

Thanks
david105396

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:40:03 PM

Having been away from these forums for some time now planning my wedding for this August. Can anyone catch me up and summarise any important info that may have been posted? I have been seeing minersource on facebook.

Just curious about delivery times, if anyone in the Uk has got theirs? Compensation? What about customs values etc? Anything worth knowing?

Thanks

This should help: http://ecointalk.net/topic/603-weekly-production-update/.
Along with minersource has received the first shipment of X-1's.

Black Arrow Support
TheMinex

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:18:10 PM

tempestb I really doubt that BFL which produce the first melting PCIE board in the world can ever produce energy efficient HW.

Speaking about X1 ; david said that heatsink is not so hot at the touch, and all people read the internal chip temperature near 80°C. Heatsink with heatpipes should be very efficient to transfer heat, so deltaT between chip & exaust air shoul be very low. Is termal paste applied correctly???

Reading Bob's mesures what I think is this:

1 - More than 120Gh @ under 120W is good, cause freq can be adjust between 1200 Mhz and 800 Mhz, it seems like BA choose to deliver all hardware OC by default (correct me if I worng).

2 - If we get less than 1 W/Gh in max freq state, there must be room to improve it in lower speed states, but doing it for the moment dosen't seems to increase efficiency significantly.

3 - Possible cause. Chip + power regulators have better dynamic power dissipation than static power dissipation which is good, and this could be why errors increase lowering frequency ( makeing this, chip is forced to pass more time where it dosen't like - especially if it is hot )

Fixes - try anything possible to cool more chip ( this will be good for efficiency & stability at any state ).
        - control voltages (Bob said on ecoin that this will be possible, I suggest david to write this in firsts order on the work to do list for programmers, cause achieving for example 0,7 W/Gh will seriously impove BA situation ).

Bob (or anyone else) , is there any drop in temperatures when you run @ 1000Mhz or lower Huh
TheMinex

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:23:33 PM

( lower voltages should decrease drastically static power dissipation while decrease only partially efficiency in dinamic power dissipation where the chip seems good )
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:23:41 PM

tempestb I really doubt that BFL which produce the first melting PCIE board in the world can ever produce energy efficient HW.

Speaking about X1 ; david said that heatsink is not so hot at the touch, and all people read the internal chip temperature near 80°C. Heatsink with heatpipes should be very efficient to transfer heat, so deltaT between chip & exaust air shoul be very low. Is termal paste applied correctly???

1 - More than 120Gh @ under 120W is good, cause freq can be adjust between 1200 Mhz and 800 Mhz, it seems like BA choose to deliver all hardware OC by default (correct me if I worng).

2 - If we get less than 1 W/Gh in max freq state, there must be room to improve it in lower speed states, but doing it for the moment dosen't seems to increase efficiency significantly.

3 - Possible cause. Chip + power regulators have better dynamic power dissipation than static power dissipation which is good, and this could be why errors increase lowering frequency ( makeing this, chip is forced to pass more time where it dosen't like - especially if it is hot )

Fixes - try anything possible to cool more chip ( this will be good for efficiency & stability at any state ).
        - control voltages (Bob said on ecoin that this will be possible, I suggest david to write this in firsts order on the work to do list for programmers, cause achieving for example 0,7 W/Gh will seriously impove BA situation ).

Bob (or anyone else) , is there any drop in temperatures when you run @ 1000Mhz or lower Huh

I dont think the software based temp sensors, or their software is not working. Our X1s report either 0, 60 or 80c, nothing else.

Clocking to 800mhz only drops the speed, does not seem to impact power consumption all that much. Seems the sweet spot is 1000-1100mhz.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 02:30:29 PM

all this talk and BA is still behind on shipping.

CryptoGuy

Activity: 524

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:34:05 PM

Any word on the power cords bobsag? They should have arrived right behind the miners if they shipped within a day or two from them... or was this one of the "We'll ship them next week" situations with the cords? I seriously don't understand this delay. People should be getting their tracking numbers today, you've had a day to test them now.

<Insert favorite coin here>
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:36:58 PM

Any word on the power cords bobsag? They should have arrived right behind the miners if they shipped within a day or two from them... or was this one of the "We'll ship them next week" situations with the cords? I seriously don't understand this delay. People should be getting their tracking numbers today, you've had a day to test them now.

People got tracking numbers yesturday for all the units we had to ship, I only have 1 unit left here for testing and writing the guide.

I have not heard back about the power cords, so I purchased 500 US- Cords for my units on Monday, so I will have more than enough US cords for all my Batch 1 orders at least, with plenty time to order more cables if needed.
sorehammer

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:38:44 PM

Bobsag3 so seeing as I didn't get tracking info when will the next batch arrive to you.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:42:12 PM

Bobsag3 so seeing as I didn't get tracking info when will the next batch arrive to you.

I received a reply to this from Bobsag, and was told that units would be sent out Friday/Monday (more than likely Monday is my guess).
It will be Monday most likely, and shipment will contain at least all of Batch 1.
sorehammer

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:47:22 PM

I received a reply to this from Bobsag, and was told that units would be sent out Friday/Monday (more than likely Monday is my guess).
It will be Monday most likely, and shipment will contain at least all of Batch 1.
Cheers but will that include the lcds and uk plugs also or are they still waiting for the lcds.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
TheMinex

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:47:38 PM

I dont think the software based temp sensors, or their software is not working. Our X1s report either 0, 60 or 80c, nothing else.

Clocking to 800mhz only drops the speed, does not seem to impact power consumption all that much. Seems the sweet spot is 1000-1100mhz.

I didn't said sw is not working, only suggest BA implement voltage controls as fast as they can (I see temperatures only HW related)  Wink .  The fact that 800Mhz drops only speed, fully support my thesis. Grin
Would be a shame we can't acieve the better energy consumption only for those little details  Roll Eyes

Sry ninjaboon but I see this as a general X1 topic and I don't want to make bob and david start to loose time jumping along btctalk. Those detalis could be usefull of every X1 future older too.  Smiley
sorehammer

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:50:25 PM

Well hopefully some one hacks the firmware and maybe improves it.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:51:10 PM

Cheers but will that include the lcds and uk plugs also or are they still waiting for the lcds.

No LCDs, possibly on the cords. Still waiting for an answer on them, I was supposed to get the cabled in another shipment separate from the units, but nothing yet.
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: